[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tell me everything you know about these games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85KB, 600x351px
tell me everything you know about these games
>>
It's pretty good.
>>
>>28442797
Objectively speaking the best pokemon games

The sin that it committed is that they came out when the fanbase began to die
>>
>>28442797
They were originally going to be one 3rd version but the key system idea was used as the idea for 2 versions
>>
>>28442797
That they went and animated every trainer Sprite as well as recreating old ones
>>
>>28442797
awesome game
>>
File: 1467505831405.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1467505831405.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
All they gotta say or mention
>>
>>28442797

I could probably accurately tell you the entire game front to back from memory. But comment length.
Good game though. Is enjoyable.
>>
They introduced the best pointless features that aren't box worthy such as repel prompt shiny/oval charm shiny haxourus Gible/dratini hidden grottos free space and a bunch more
>>
Well this is the only gen I never played but I can probably sum it up fairly well

>There were some shitty starters and the grass type was a lizard like it always was until that stupid chipmunk showed up
>There was a team bent on bad deeds
>You play as a kid from a town with less than 5 houses
>Somewhere along the line there was a perfectly round boulder, or tree that could not be moved despite having pokemon who were more than capable of doing it
>Somewhere along the line you got sneak attacked by some tool calling themselves your "rival" and you wiped the floor with them.
>A character who helps and guides you throughout the entire story turns out to be the pokemon champion, cause for some reason they enjoy fucking with you and then springing the "suprise" on you at the last second.
>And finally there was some kind of pokemon remotely resembling pikachu cause GF seems to never stop trying to capture its nostalgia.
>>
>>28443418
I don't know if this is suposed to be bait, but even so that BW1

I think?
>>
>>28443418
besides the first one, you can summarize every pokemon game with that
>>
>>28442797
Shit's tight and fuck em if they disagree.
>>
>>28443418
You just described the entire series
>>
File: image.png (520KB, 473x599px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
520KB, 473x599px
>>28443418
Jokes on (you) there's 6 houses in Asperta city

Then the school/gym and poke center
>>
>>28443175
You must be misinformed. BW2 came out when the DS was dying, not the fanbase. XY is the highest selling entry in the franchise since GSC.
>>
>>28443607
What? DP are the 3rd highest selling.

Although X and Y may be the highest proportionally sold game
>>
>>28443607
Both were dying, pokemon has ups and downs like any other fanbase, one of the first downs was when gen 3 came out and tou couldnt "catch em all" until the remakes came out. If it wasnt because x and y existed the fanbase would be so dead by now
>>
>>28442797
this makes me feel really sad for some reason
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsD-OUWNUlU
>>
File: Aspertia_City_Spring_B2W2.png (298KB, 890x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Aspertia_City_Spring_B2W2.png
298KB, 890x1128px
>>28443418
Got almost everything right.

>You play as a kid from a town with less than 5 houses
In BW2 your hometown is a bit bigger than the previous ones.

>A character who helps and guides you throughout the entire story turns out to be the pokemon champion, cause for some reason they enjoy fucking with you and then springing the "suprise" on you at the last second.
You're right about that in BW2, but since you applied it to the whole gen V, I'll just point out for future reference that in BW Alder just straight up says he's the Champion when you first meet him.
>>
>>28443729
It agree the fanbase would have declined significantly if GF did not opt to change their game philosophy in XY. I'm glad that gen 5 is out of the way and in the past, because I'm much more optimistic about the current path the series is taking. That is, creating a coherent world using all of the pokemon -- not just the new ones -- while breathing new life into aging pokemon using new forms and megas. Even if GF panders to gen 1 too much for the liking of some, I still think this is the better way to make Pokemon games. The more variety the better.
>>
>>28443729
I wouldn't say dead, but a lot less relevant
>>
>>28443878
I don't think having only new pokemon (for the main game) is bad, but I can see I'm in the minority. However they changed that in B2W2 already, now that the sense of discovery about the new pokémon had wore off. B2W2 actually has a pretty good and varied Regional.

I see a lot of people who played BW and never played B2W2, or weren't even aware of how different they were (thinking they were like the previous third versions), so that probably also went unnoticed.
>>
>>28443927
Sure why not
>>
>>28443418
This is why I'm getting tired of this series. Hopefully SM can break these conventions they so insist on using.
>>
>>28443729
>>28443927
I agree, but that's more a matter of marketing than anything. DP did very well without taking things in a new direction (yes, it changed gameplay mechanics a lot, but I'm talking about mainstream audiences perceptions) nor excessively pandering.

XY was when GF started getting really good at marketing to the west and generating internet buzz, and that shows.
>>
>>28444059
GF or the Pokemon Company, I don't know who actually gets the credit for that.
But there's a clear difference between how they market the series in the west before and during/after XY.
>>
>>28442797
I really liked the whole gym experience even if the leaders were kind of pushovers. Walking down the stairs into the club where Roxie's band is playing as the music slowly gets louder and then the instruments disappearing as you beat the each band member untill its just roxie strummingit out, and finally the silence after you beat her too was probably one of my favourite moments in the game.
Appearing on the screens after beating Elesa and then her asking to walk down the catwalk was great too. It actually made winning feel like a significant achievement. All the individual themes were great too
>>
>>28442797
B/W2:
>Started the fuckhuge Regional dex trend that continued with X/Y
>Was the last game with Rental Pokemon in the postgame
>Introduced Landorus-T, the most cancerous plague on the metagame since Gen 2 Snorlax
>>
>>28444179
Yeah the Gyms were pretty cool. Which makes how unremarkable they were in Gen VI even sadder.
>>
>>28443566
holy shit i forgot this existed and I loved B/W 2
>>
>>28442797
Greatest post-game of all time
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.