[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get told by /vp/ that Platinum is the best Pokémon out there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: 1399575571638.png (39KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1399575571638.png
39KB, 225x225px
>Framedrops out of the ass
>Weirdly designed towns
>HM USAGE FUCKING EVERYWHERE
>Poketech is absolutely meaningless
>Game is still pretty slow
>Barry is the most annoying character ever made in Pokémon
>Shit gimmicks everywhere
Last time I fell for your fucking memes, Sinnohfetuses.
>>
>platinum
>not diamond
fatal mistake
>>
>>28441848
>implying /vp/ would ever call Platinum the absolute best
>implying the common answer isn't either HGSS or B2W2
I don't even need to read the rest of this, I know its bait.
>>
>>28441883
>Sinnoh

Shit region, shit games
>>
Gen 4 is just so fucking boring. I really tried, but it's so fucking uninspired and meh.
I think the only time I even had a smile on my face playing this, was when that fat thug guy had a cleffa as his only Pokémon.
That's it.
>>
>>28441848
It's at least one of the best.
>Framedrops out of the ass
I played it not too long ago and I don't remember any that stood out.
>Weirdly designed towns
Not even sure how you would measure this.
Bibarel a best.
Well yeah, most of the best apps had to do with breeding. It was pretty useless ingame, but the clock was nice.
Not to the point where it's bad enough to be a huge negative.
No, that would be Silver.
Like what? The snow is really the only bad one I can think of.
>>
File: HNI_0020.jpg (168KB, 613x560px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0020.jpg
168KB, 613x560px
>>28441848
>listening to Platinumfags
>not listening to BW2fags

I shyggy-diggy.

The master race is a clear choice.
>>
You want a good pokemon game? Play Emerald or BW2
>>
>>28442213
>Emerald
W E W
E
W
Should have just said BW2.
>>
xy > oras > hgss > platnium > bw2 > yellow > gsc
>>
>>28441848
Regardless, it's still the best Pokemon game
>>
>>28441919
>putting HGSS on the same level as BWS2

johtofags pls
>>
File: 1433871020427.png (47KB, 928x694px) Image search: [Google]
1433871020427.png
47KB, 928x694px
>the ol' BW2 is the best meme
Everyone takes a big shit on Black and White, but give it a worse story, stuff it with common gen 1 'mons and suddenly it's the peak of the franchise. Go figure.
>>
>>28443755
This honestly, I enjoy BW2 a lot but I don't see why anyone would like it more than BW. It's like BW mixed with XY
>>
>>28442511
Emerald a best.
>>
>>28443575
>xy as best game
>>
>>28443755
>Common gen 1 mons

I personally prefer BW over the sequels because B2W2 had awkward pacing, not as bad as XY or DP but there's a whole lot of gaps with shit not happening.
>>
>>28441848
Platinum is highly regarded because it's one of the most challenging as far as ingame goes. The big enemies all have very competent movesets with multiple pokemon aimed to cover their weaknesses, and the AI isn't afraid to win, unlike some other games.

As far as the story and overworld goes, I don't see anything about it that separates itself from other games. I found it a little overdramatic, even, but that's to be expected.

I believe Masuda even stated in an interview that the focus of gen 4 was to focus on and polish the battling system, hence moves like stealth rock being introduced.

Tl;dr play Plat for the battles, apart from that it's not that special
>>
>>28443972
Are you quoting me because you disagree? I'm not saying it's all they added, but BW2 is objectively stuffed with run-of-the-mill Kanto Pokemon. Grimer, Koffing, Magnemite, Zubat, etc. etc.
>>
All pokemon games were created equal.
>>
File: 7258982857.jpg (31KB, 313x286px) Image search: [Google]
7258982857.jpg
31KB, 313x286px
>>28444156
>>
>>28442511
Anon...
>>
>Not liking barry
Despicable
>Says shit gimmicks are everywhere but doesn't name a single one because the only real "gimmick" is the snow in Snowpoint
>>
>>28444041
you forgot about gen 4 having the best soundfont out of any Pokemon game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbnT0x0e5I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcUHZv5o41I&ab_channel=BrawlBRSTMs3
>>
>>28443876
>>28444181
>any game set in Hoenn
>even remotely good
>>
>>28442213
>Emerald
>Liking Gen 3 at all
You're probably one of those faggots who shits on ORAS too even though they're on the same garbage level as emerald.
>>
>>28441848
You want to know what the best pokemon game? Try Pokemon Go. XD My favorite is Pikachu!
>>
>>28444041
I started plat recently because I've heard from a fair number of people that it's good. I picked turtwig because I haven't used a grass starter in a while.

So far the only move chimchar has used is leer.

I've fought him twice.
>>
>>28441848
All platinum did was add ponyta abd SLIGHTLY speed up some things. Thats it. Its still just as shit as D/P.

You got memed on by the sinnohfetus jr. club hiding deep in the bowels of /vp/. They were all born in the early 2000s and are underage, but no one does anything about it because this board is trash :3c
>>
>>28444233
>>28444216
kys
>>
>>28444041

Plat really isn't any more difficult than the average Pokemon game, except for the champion.
>>
>>28444377

What? Ponyta was already in DP. Plat added Houndour and Magby as far as Fire types go.
>>
>>28444660
Commander Mars' Purugly at the Windworks.
Fuck off.

>>28444377
Ponyta was in DP. Plat expanded the national dex which was a big deal since the DP national dex only had like 2 fire type lines in it in the main game.

Fuck off you shitty baiter.

>>28444270
It builds. Back in the day, I legitimately struggled trying to get to Cynthia since my team was underleveled.
>>
>>28444766

>Commander Mars' Purugly at the Windworks
Literally never had trouble with it.
>Fuck off
Why so rude? Does it make you angry that not everyone struggles with the same shitty bosses as you?
>>
>>28444820
>Literally never had trouble with it
How, without prior knowledge that thing came out of nowhere and was a piece of shit. Unless you had an overpowered Monferno at that point...
>>
>>28441848
>>Framedrops out of the ass
Literally never happens. Don't use an emulator.
>Weirdly designed towns
Subjective
That's what HM slaves are for
It was alright, not as good as it could have been, though
Sounds like you have ADHD
That would be Hugh
Agreed.
>>28444877
It was pretty easy to take down when I played with Turtwig and later Piplup.
>>
>>28441848
>>Framedrops out of the ass
emulators are shit in general, they only work properly if you have a top tier computer

>>28442213
oras > rse
>>
>>28444877

Last time I beat her I only used a Luxio with Spark.
>>
>>28441848
I'll agree with everything else, but
come on dude, you were doing so well and then you throw blatant hyperbole at us?
>>
>>28445089
>oras > rse
You're going to have a hard time here.
though I still like gen VI even if /vp/ doesn't
>>
>>28444957
>That's what HM slaves are for

Just because you can use HM slaves doesn't mean it isn't shitty that there's 8 fucking HMs, more than any other game in the series. You basically need 2 Pokemon to fit all of them in.
>>
>>28445139
He over emotes to the point where reading his dialogue makes you claustrophobic. I get that he's experiencing new things, and he's excited, but he talks like a someone just stabbed him in the heart with adrenaline after he did 3 pounds of cocaine. This is of course exacerbated by the terrible pacing, so you're put in a situation where this spastic golden retriever keeps telling you to "c'mon c'mon let's go HAHAHA isn't this exciting?!!!!" meanwhile, you're stuck in a fucking mud puddle they put in the middle of the road.
>>
>>28445238
This.

In Platinum and SS, I had to teach HMs to my team Pokemon, or else my "team" would have been a quartet. It's frustrating.
>>
>>28441848
It's the best in Gen 4. Which isn't saying much. That just means it's better than XY/ORAS/DP. Also Crystal.
>>
>>28441848
/vp/ loves Gen IV because Pearl was their first game.

Sinnoh is a great fucking region (or it would be if it weren't for all the HMs), but it suffers from being a Gen IV game with that cancerous Gen IV engine. And sadly, that's the only way to experience Sinnoh. At least HGSS has a better alternative in GSC.

I could have given HGSS a pass if it added more content or actually fixed many of the flaws Johto had, but following Pokemon and a Cianwood Safari Zone didn't make having to play Johto at 75% speed of every other Pokemon game worth it. Rather just play Crystal. Then you can even use your guys in Pokemon Stadium 2.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.