[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Our first step onto Route 1 together

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 7

File: friendship.jpg (91KB, 771x607px) Image search: [Google]
friendship.jpg
91KB, 771x607px
:')
>>
Shaddup fgt, I bet you like Munna too
>>
File: Hopes Deleted.jpg (38KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
Hopes Deleted.jpg
38KB, 625x351px
>>28431186
>Not liking Munna

I didn't know such cruel and evil people existed
>>
Why did gens 4 and 5 have such slow starts? I can't replay them, I lose my motivation after the first five minutes.
>>
>>28431157

Was like high school all over again
>>
>>28431157

Dropped the game right there
>>
>>28431157
I wished it let you be a jerk and step ahead of the rest.
>>
>playing as handsome Hilbert
I give you a 9/10. Could have had a 10 if it was the flawless Hilda.
>>
>>28431157
Gayest, stupiest and cringiest shit I ever saw in a Pokemon game. Got me in a bad mood everytime those shiity annoying ass rivals appeared.
>>
>>28431225
Gen 1:
>Bye mother
>Sup grass
>Sup oak
>Thx for pokemon
>Battle rival

Gen 2:
>Bye mother
>Gits Pokemon
>Goes to guys house
>Battles rival

Gen 3:
>Fuck I have to meet ppl
>sup may n shit
>help bitch
>git Pokeman

Gen 4:
>Bye mother
>Chase rival around town
>Visit lake
>Rowan gives long talk
>Finally get Pokemon
>Battle Rival

Gen 5:
>O shit guish pokemons
>Battle bitch
>Battle ching chong
>Visit Juniper
>Long as route 1 bullshit
>>
>>28431343
>cringiest
Thanks for reminding me to filter all variants of this Reddit word.
>>
>>28431225
I guess that's what happens when you have autism
>>
>>28431157
I actually liked Cheren and Bianca. I think rivals could use more battles though.
>>
>>28431157
>have memory link in bw2
>right before you enter the old first town Bianca appears
>relive the first step all over again.

That was pretty nice honestly...then she pulls out her bw1 team and almost beat me to a pulp after barely surviving all the hard trainers/veterans decided to hang out on route 1...
>>
>>28431225
>Gen 5
>Slow Start

The pacing is fantastic, you are introduced to Team Plasma in the first town and you meet N there too.
>>
>>28431225
>gen 5
>literally the fastest pokemon battles in the series
>Slow start
ADHD.
>>
File: 1473552772495.jpg (36KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473552772495.jpg
36KB, 500x427px
>>28431157
>kalos route one
>no flower petals blowing in the wind
>no NPCs
>no grass
>no pokemon
>literally a straight, uneventful path to the next town

Who allowed this shit?
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 670x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 670x250px
>>28431474
>>
>>28431157
Anons here hate nice characters. You should know better. Post Wicke or Lusamine.
>>
>>28431535
Fucking Niggers.
>>
>>28431157
This was so damn good.
We really do need more bro rivals instead of edgy ones.
>>
>>28431414
This. They had 5-mon teams near the end as well, right?
>>
>>28431474
This

No grass on route 1 is unforgivable.
>>
>>28431461
The first like thirty minutes are exposition. B/W are my favorite pokemon games, but it takes a while to get the ball rolling.
>>
>>28431567
We haven't had an edgy rival since Gen 2. All of them are pretty much your friends.
>>
>>28431593
Nigger what? its like 10 tops. Again must be adhd.
>>
>>28431225
Absolute Retardation.
It's twice faster than Sinnoh's first route and all "rush thru the grass with no pokemon" cutscene or "lets visit a legendary with our lvl 5 starters" bullshit
>>
>>28431593
replayed it a few weeks back, it's not that bad. B2W2 though, now the fucking studio shit was annoying.
>>
>>28431606
Well, that's true. I think I've been replaying Gen 1 and 2 too much.
>>
>>28431414
I never really thought of Cheren and Bianca as rivals, they were just your companions who supported you and visa versa. N is who I consider the rival because you constantly bud heads with him, and in a similar fashion to Blue, you fight him when he becomes champion.
>>
>>28431606
Cheren and Hugh are as edgy as we're going to get from now on.
>>
File: edfrg.gif (2MB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
edfrg.gif
2MB, 400x238px
>>28431606
>soon
>>
>>28431675
KINJAKU, KINJAKU
>>
>>28431414
This.
>>
>>28431660
I don't think I'd even call Blue edgy. He's just an arrogant little shit. It's just Silver.
>>
>>28431593
Was recently at my friend's trying to get a Snivy to complete the Unova dex (seen) for that delicious green Haxorus.

He forwarded his starter to gen 6, so he was left with little choice and start a fresh White run.

He had to sit through the cut scenes, fight Bianca and Cheren, go out and do the stupid catch tutorial, see N at Accumula Town, fight N, go another route now with trainers, reach Striaton City, help Fennel, do the first gym

And only then he got access to the c-gear for trading.
>>
>>28431672
Still they're friends, or friendly rivals.
These people wants edgy cruel-looking rivals like Silver. Or just shitheads like Blue/gary
>>
X and Y are the worst offenders. The entire game feels like a sluggy ass beginning until you get to the coastal region, only then it feels like the game started.
>>
File: Silver 2.0.png (148KB, 492x293px) Image search: [Google]
Silver 2.0.png
148KB, 492x293px
>>28431606
>>28431675
>>
>>28431225
At least you don't have to walk two whole routes, walk all the way back, fight your rival, and name him before having the opportunity to catch a pokemon
>>
>>28431444
>the pacing is fantastic
>someone stops you every 10 minutes for the first half of the game
Yes absolutely fantastic. It's so fantastic that it makes me want to commit suicide.
>>
>>28431992
>implying the XY "rivals" weren't much worse.
>>
>>28431858
The sad thing is you're probably better suited not catching anything and just power-leveling your starter in Gen 2. GSC's distribution was fucking horrible.
>>
>>28432009
Never said they weren't.
>>
>>28431414
I thought they battled you often enough. And both were competent as rivals. Cheren actually gave me trouble a few times, though I should make it clear I played the game being intentionally underleveled.
>>
>>28432009
At least in Santalune forest, what they say is just said via floating text boxes. They don't have to keep stopping you to tell you inane shit.
>>
>>28432090
How'd you get intentionally underleveled? The way you get experience in BW makes it pretty hard to be underleveled, you pretty much hover at the same level as everyone else.
>>
>>28432029
Gen II is really easy to do a one mon run in. Other than HM slaves.
>>
>>28432116
Yeah. They could have done that anywhere else in the game it would have been nice
>>
>>28432123
Rotating my team a lot between gyms, and never stoping to level up.
Also trying to keep my team on the same level, so I didn't dump all exp on the same pokemon. So the level growth of my team was slower.

I was at least 2 or 3 levels bellow every gym leader, often more than that.
>>
I want to replay BW and BW2 (never finished these, stopped after the E4), can you still do Memory Link somehow?
>>
File: 1465880233793.jpg (60KB, 1013x374px) Image search: [Google]
1465880233793.jpg
60KB, 1013x374px
>>28431157
>people unironically call this the best game in the series
>>
>>28432173
Yeah, but you need 2 ds's
>>
>>28431992
Somewhat unrelated but the part between between getting your starter and meeting Lucario Lady after you leave Lumiose city in X&Y was almost comical for how often you get interrupted by someone.
>>
>>28432189
Nah, that's HG/SS, which has an even worse start.
>>
>>28432173
Yes, through local play.
>>
>>28432029
Gen 2 has a great earlygame distro. Especially crystal.
>>
>>28432248
>HG/SS
>Having a worse start than anything bar maybe the first games.
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>28431225
B2/W2 starts pretty fast.
>>
>>28432290
Oh yeah, absolutely. It's Gen 2's start, where you have to traipse around quite a bit before you can catch anything, plus the slowness of Gen 4.
>>
>>28432313
I knew somebody was going to say that.
I didn't ever have a chance to play B2/W2. I dropped Pokemon entirely after playing White, and I only got back into it because I got OR due to nostalgia.
>>
>>28432201
>>28432277
Oh, I didn't know that. Yes, I have two DS, and while I usually play with a flashcart, I can transfer the save to a real cartdridge when I finish W1 to do the link
>>
>>28432346
You might be able to do it with a cart?
>>
>>28432290
To be fair, going to Mr. Pokemon's house is boring as fuck. A lot worse than visiting Oak's Lab, May's house or BW/B2W2's exposition.
>>
>>28432343
It is true though.
B2W2 rectified a lot of complaints people had about BW, though it still has problems.
It starts faster, there's a mix of Pokémon from Unova and previous regions, there is a lot of post-game and sidequest content.
>>
>>28432290
Lyra is the most useless and annoying character ever added in a remake.

>Leave house
>Have to watch her shitty azumarill bump into you
>Get pokémon
>"Talk to your mother"
>Fight Silver and get back
>"He dinndu nuffin!"
>Reach the daycare
>"Come here and watch me talk to my shitty grandma, here is my number and her number and after you leave the house my grandpa is going to give you his number too"
>>
>>28432328
>where you have to traipse around quite a bit before you can catch anything
Uninterrupted besides for that one time where the old guy gives you the map. That alone makes it miles better than BW and RSE
>plus the slowness of Gen 4.
The only trully slow gen4 games were DP
>>
>>28432425
>see her 3 times in the entire game
>most annoying character ever added in a remake
No, that's Zinnia.
>>
That was pretty lame honestly

It'd make sense if the player knew them since young childhood like their character does but they don't
>>
>>28432428
While nowhere as painful, the remainder of Gen IV is also slow, particularly during battle.
>>
>>28432425
Also:

>Let me show you how to catch pokémon hehe!
>Oh was that too fast? Let me waste more of your time
>>
>>28432425
Don't forget she won't let you go to Tohjoh Falls until you go do the Ho-Oh/Lugia stuff

>>28432474
Zinnia at least is unintrusive until postgame even if she is in fact the worst Pokemon character ever
>>
>>28431343
>cringiest and shitty rivals
Looks like you havent played XY mate
>>
>>28432362
I think so, yes. I have a White version here, if I transfer my save, I can link them using a flash card with a W2 room. Only the DS with W1 needs an original cart because you need to use Download Play with it
>>
>>28431672
Cheren was just pragmatic
Hugh was very friendly to the player
>>
>>28431157
Literally the sweetest thing I have seen in the games. I really loved it. After all, that's what games are about, not being some edgy faggot who likes going through the battles like they're meaningless shit. It's about the feelings.
>>
>>28431417
>Shortly after pokemon Bank
>Transferring everything from HG through B2 on over to the bank, to assemble a living pokedex.
>Notice i forgot to do one thing in B2 postgame.
>Just have to go back to the starting city.
>Only have an abandoned lvl 12 Ratata in my party
"Well i'll just use repels and walk in to-"
>EVERY TRAINER EVER WANTS TO FIGHT.
>Trainer pokemon are crushing my poor pokemon into paste
>Keep being forced back to the last pokecenter.
>Catch a flying type pokemon.
>Teach it Fly.
>Try to Fly to starting town.
>Can't. Game blocks me.
>Start level grinding the shit out of the pathetic shitmons i have caught.
>Try and walk back to starting city.
>After a few false starts, and catching a few more pathetic shitmons, evolving my rat to a bigger rat, and abusing the fuck out of super fang, I'm just barely starting to make headway.
>Finally, broken and bloodied, crawl past the last of the trainers on route 1.
>Bianca
>Oh thank god. She'll have some NPC dialogue and.
>TRAINER BIANCA WANTS TO BATTLE.
>What? No, No, NOOOOOO!!!!
>Ground into the dust under her heel.
>Almost throw game from frustration.
>>
>>28431474
route 13 is still the worst
>>
>>28431535
Can we all agree that Pokemon would be better if Masuda off'd himself
>>
>>28432286
Are you sure? I played through it a few days ago. The first few routes, from what I saw, have
>Hoothoot
>Pidgey
>Ratata
>Gastly
>Sentret
>Geodude
>Zubat
>Bellsprout
All of those but Gastly are shitmon in GSC and getting evolutionary stones beyond the Moon Stone is fucking impossible. The distribution in Ilex Forest and beyond isn't much better and their learnsets aren't very good either.
>>
>>28433025
Why, what did he do?
>>
>>28432933
>Try to Fly to starting town.
>Can't. Game blocks me.

What?
>>
>>28433046
There's Dunsparce in Dark Cave on the route just before Violet City, which as the first town with a gym counts as early game to me.

I specifically remember this because as a kid my hatred for dunsparce was kindled when I wandered in there in the dark and made a shot at bumbling my way through, got stuck for a bit, and then encountered one.
"It's got wings, it must be flying type!"
Nope
"Well that looks like a stinger and maybe fangs, perhaps it's poison?"
Nada
"...Is it some sort of bug?"
Uh uh
>Catches one and checks pokedex entry about burying itself in the ground
"Oh, it was ground type!"
*error noise*

Why the fuck is it normal, in what way is any any of that bizarre combination of bits and bobs considered normal
>>
>>28433687
>2% encounter rate without swarm
>>
>>28433795
Oh yeah, forgot that. Yeah, nevermind then.
>>
>>28433046
theres also

>phanpy
>growlithe
>poliwag
>bugs

this plus your list is pretty good for before the first gym imo. even if they arent the best statwise, the variety is there. One thing I can't stand about earlygame BW is the selection of only purrloin, lilipup, patrat and a monkey. glad BW2 fixed that
>>
>>28433834
Out of those the only decent one is Poliwag and that's because Water-types are all inherently good on some level.

God, Crystal left such a bad taste in my mouth. I loved gen 2 as well but playing Crystal for the first time as opposed to Silver really made me think I was wearing nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>28433902
>Growlithe
>bad
>>
>>28433913
Its only attacking moves are Bite and Ember until you get TMs, most of which suck. I don't even know where you get Stones in Crystal, I don't remember them being common beyond the Moon and Sun Stones.
>>
>>28433046
>All of those but Gastly are shitmon in GSC
Gastly is pretty shitty to use too since it won't OHKO anything until it has tms.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.