[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this mean no more HM blockades?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 10

File: ride.png (624KB, 937x348px) Image search: [Google]
ride.png
624KB, 937x348px
Does this mean no more HM blockades?
>>
>>28427785
It meant that for a while my dude
>>
>>28427785
Hms are gone with Megas.
>>
>there will never be another ranger game
>>
>>28427785
>>28427799
>>28427817
Great, even more casualization. Fuck this piece of shit of a serie.
>>
>>28427833
>Not wanting HMs to die

KYS
>>
>>28427833
>no more HM
>casualization
What ?
>>
>>28427817
Nice meme.
>>
>>28427833
If you want HM's to stay, then you're the real problem.
>>
Which leak said you could ride almost any Pokemon? I hope you get to choose your rental mon roster, too. I don't want to fly on charizard. Have they ever shown two Pokemon being ridden to accomplish the same thing?
>>
>>28427785

I'm guessing certain ride pokemon will be unlocked at certain points during the game. Fly has always been locked to places you've already visited, so that doesn't mean anything, but we've seen that certain riding pokemon are capable of smashing barriers that others aren't.

The main benefits to riding pokemon being
A) It looks a lot cooler
B) You don't need to waste moveslots/party slots on HM's and their users
>>
Some people confuse inconvenience that everyone found a way around with strategy

So now instead of keeping around a Pokemon just so you can switch it later, you can have your favorites in your team. HMs made more sense when there was 150, there are over 600 Pokemon now, let people have their team
>>
>>28427881
Lapras and sharpedo? Both have been seen using surf, I think
>>
Pokéride it's going to be the same as HMs. Instead of picking Fly on your pokémon, you're picking a rental Charizard and you're going to fly just for places you visited before.
>>
>>28427892
This man understand.
>>
>>28427859
>oh no there is this random shrub/small thorny bush in the way that can only be defeated with CUT.
>>
>>28427897
Might just be different routes, though. I can easily see you needing to use Lapras in colder or rougher waters where Sharpedo wouldn't be ideal. In the same way, I can see you having to ride Charizard on a more volcanic island, but a Pidgeot or something on a more temperate one.
>>
>>28427892
It also made sense when there were only 5 HMs.
>>
>>28427817
Mega are probably coming back, but rather as a after-game thing when Professor Sycamore shows up and gives you the Mega Ring.
>>
I wonder which pokeride pokemon lets you cut trees blocking roads. I assume tauros lets you use strength, mudsdale has been shown to walk over sharp rocks, and stoutland works like an itemfinder.

Maybe you can ride a scyther and cut bushes with that?
>>
>>28427785
I'd like hms to stay but as more of an out of battle ability that doesnt take up a moveslot
>>
>>28427892
>>28427918

Don't forget this also eliminates the obnoxiousness of not being able to delete HM attack without a move deleter and not being able to trade pokemon that know them...in theory since this isn't confirmed just yet.
>>
>>28427833
OP here. Why the fuck would you want HMs to stay? What's wrong with you?
>>
I just hope HMs will still stay as TMs. Surf and waterfall are still pretty solid moves.
>>
>>28427926

One of them could be an upgrade. Like the Sharpedo can only Surf, and later on in the game you'll be able to rent a Lapras that can also Waterfall.
>>
>>28427881
yeah fuck charizard

>"Charizard take me to the rocky peaks!"

>"I'm afraid i can't do that sir, i'm not covered for stealth rock damage"
>>
I hope this means the HMs are now TMs.
>>
>>28427785
Soaring already replaced Fly is ORAS so I don't see why not
>>
>>28428051
They really should have been ever since Gen V. I really can't imagine why the hell GF felt the need to keep you from deleting the HM moves when you could just re-learn it whenever, anyway.
>>
File: image.gif (621KB, 400x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
621KB, 400x222px
>>28427833
>not having to dedicate one member of your team to HMs anymore
>not having to give piss poor moves to your team
>casualization

que
>>
>>28428049
>Charizard
>Lands in rocky terrain at the mountain's peak
>KOed
>Trainer is stuck high up in the mountains
>>
>>28428049
It's ok, anon, Alolan Charizard will be fine since it's Fire/ Fighting
>>
It's cool if they end up removing HM's. I do wish that Surf becomes a TM though, since it's actually useful in battle.
>>
>This practice is typical of the way of life in Alola, where humans and Pokemon are so closely bound together

Please dont get rid of Poke Ride after this gen
>>
>>28427953

>probably

Megas are 100% coming back. Anyone who thinks they would completely eliminate a concept and mechanic with that much of an impact on the game is either completely braindead or just in denial because they hate megas.
>>
>>28427785
I hope we can still use Surf/Fly with our mons.
>>
>>28427785
I don't trust this. It wouldn't surprise me if we aren't able to use Surf on any body of water anymore, being limited to places with a Sharpedo/Lapras service station.
>>
File: 1473181890922.gif (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1473181890922.gif
2MB, 720x404px
>>28428119
>surf
>when scald exists *when applicable*
>>
>>28428142
Of course they will anon.
It's GameFreak.
There is a 100% chance this will not be featured in the next game despite how feasible it is to ride Pokemon.
>>
>>28427833
Are you seriously trying to say that using HMs requires skill or some shit?
>>
>>28428296
I was guessing that this would be the case, but if thy designed the map in such a way that we wouldn't need to Surf in random ponds or lakes anyway then it'd work out just fine.
>>
>>28428345
Get out you casual.
There are pokemon that use surf over scald.
>>
>Tackle
>35 power, 95 accuracy, 35pp
>Cut
>50 power, 95 accuracy, 30pp

>Tackle gets buffed to 50 power, 100 accuracy in gen 5
>Cut stays the same

What were they thinking?
>>
>>28428491
your casual is showing

Real trainers put every HM they can on their Pokemon to make it extra difficult
>>
>>28428554
(you)
>>
>>28428571
Thank you
>>
>>28427953
I like this idea.
>>
>>28427785
You probably can only call them if you did a certain Island Challenge trial or if you defeated the kahuna of a certain island.
>>
It's fairly likely that PokeRide will simply allow you to access places early that you couldn't normally get to in other games until you had the HM.

I kind of doubt they'll get rid of HMs altogether. I don't like them, but they're a relatively good measure of making sure the player doesn't go too far out of the range of where they want to drive the story/ have access to.

PokeRide will probably be restricted in some way though, either a time limit, or you can only go so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 625x626px
>>28427817
>>
>>28427833
(You)
How fucking stupid are you that you want HMs?
>>
>>28428651
They could easily do that with the ride service too. Connect the availability of a certain rideable Pokemon with a Kahuna etc. and you're set. You can even handwave it with a "all our Charizards are in use at the moment please come back later".
>>
I think there will still be "HM blockades" with the Ride Pokémon. I'm thinking you can't call all Ride Pokémon from start, and you get more as you progress through the game.

So the same thing, without needing to waste several move slots with useless moves.
>>
>>28427897
They're clearly different.
Sharpedo is faster and plows through obstacles.

Either it's an upgrade, or Lapras has some unique trait to justify chosing it. Maybe you can fish on Lapras and not on Sharpedo.
>>
>>28428781
OP here. That is actually what I had in mind. As long as I don't have to waste moveslots on shit like Rock Smash and Cut just so I can fully explore an area.
>>
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes. We aren't restricted by tile movement anymore right?

The whole reason Cut, Rock Smash and Strength worked before was because we were stuck on a grid. Now that there's free movement, those HMs are completely useless. They'll probably be TMs now or just unavailable without transfer in these games.
>>
>>28427785
Doubtful. The HM moves will likely still be usable ingame and ten bucks says you'll need progress in some form to use Waterfall and such. The GENWUN CANCER is just another form of story blockades, allowing progress only after completing certain shit.
>>
>>28428531
>There are pokemon that use surf over scald
Yeah, pokemon used by Ash
>>
>>28429118
Rock Smash hasn't served the purpose of blocking roads for a long time. Now it's mostly used to get rare items and rock-smashing exclusive pokemon.

Also, the SM trailers show Tauros breaking giant boulders that were blocking the road.
>>
I'm just hoping HM moves finally get demoted to TMs and thus they're not hard to delete anymore.
This shit stopped making sense since you stopped having PC item storage and the TMs became reusable. Not to mention we have TMs with effects on the field, making HMs even more pointless.
>>
>>28427785
>Does this mean no more HM
yeah, I am almost sure it does
>... blockades?
lol, you retard
>>
>>28429228
???
>>
Kids find actually exploring places too hard so now they have this

fucks sake gamefreak
>>
>>28427897
>>28428810
In the Selection menu, Sharpedo is listed as Jet.
Lapras is I think Ride or Surf, and Charizard is Flight.
So yeah they do different things, or Jet is a new HM
>>
>>28428810
Most likely. Maybe
Lapras - normal surfing speed + fishing
Sharpedo - fast surfing + Rock smashing
Tauros - fast + Rock smashing
Stoutland - slow + item search
>>
>>28428099
>I really can't imagine why the hell GF felt the need to keep you from deleting the HM moves when you could just re-learn it whenever, anyway.
Because they were stuck in their ways and afraid of change
>>
>>28427785
Ride unlock requirement blockades instead.
>>
if all the HMs were in good in battle as Surf, it wouldn't be a problem

fuckin CUT wtf
>>
>>28429228
OP here. Maybe you misunderstood me or I didn't make myself clear enough. By "blockades" I meant shit like Rock Smash and Cut blocking items and areas off.

I wasn't saying we'd be able to freely explore the entire region from the get-go or anything. Obviously we wouldn't be able to go everywhere at once for pacing sake.
>>
File: 83f.gif (85KB, 450x523px) Image search: [Google]
83f.gif
85KB, 450x523px
>>28429300
Reinventing ways to explore and making them more interesting, as well as changing up a feature that was generally useless to begin with is not the same as what you're saying.
>>
I want to ride and surf on Suicune. That'd e cool.
>>
>>28429152
>>28428345
Surf was a blessing in gen 4 to low level water types with a 95 stab and perfect accuracy
>>
>>28429180
That's fine with me. As long as it won't take up a moveslot.
>>
>>28428181

I wish they'd get rid of megas. I don't hate the concept, but it was poorly executed by giving them to a lot of Pokemon that didn't need them.

Especially legendaries/mythicals. There's no reason for Lati@s, Diancie, and Fug to get them. Groudon and Kyogre are even worse because you don't have to use it on a turn and they're both usable alongside megas.
>>
>>28427881
So far from what I've seen:

Lapras is a slow Surfer. Shown fishing.
Sharpedo is a jet and can break rocks (Water Rock Smash).
Stoutland is a glorified item finder.
That horse pokemon is the new Rhyhorn from XY (runs over sharp rocks)
Tauros is Rock Smash
Charizard Flies
>>
>>28428722
They won't delete the moves, they've never done that before, but they'll likely just become TMs.
>>
>>28428491
He wants to teach his mons HMs without any A presses
>>
>>28427833
Fuck this piece of shit of a you.
>>
>>28427855
>>28427859
>>28427873
>>28428007
>>28428101
>>28428700
>>28430112

Stupid 12-year-olds with their shit opinions...

I can't describe how much I loathe you.
>>
File: m'eiji.png (297KB, 432x381px) Image search: [Google]
m'eiji.png
297KB, 432x381px
>>28430167
Dude

As much as I love Sinnoh

You're clearly an underaged, edgy sinnohfag
>>
File: 1472230792337.jpg (53KB, 645x456px) Image search: [Google]
1472230792337.jpg
53KB, 645x456px
>>28430167
>>
>>28428099

>level up while surfing
>delete surf for new move
>???
>>
File: welp.png (717KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
welp.png
717KB, 1024x576px
>>28430167
Do try. Please?
>>
Will I actually get to fly like in ORAS?

Will there be a Non-Wunnerzard option?
>>
File: image.jpg (245KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
245KB, 1440x900px
>>28430167
>>
If you look at the map of Alola the beaches on the islands still have rings of impassable rocks so I don't think we can just scoot off whenever we want.
>>
>>28430266
Either make it so you can't delete Surf while surfing.
Or keep surfing until you reach land. Then can't surf again until teach it to a pokémon. Since there's no PC storage anymore, having the HM be impossible to sell or delete guarantees you're never be stuck without them.

And people don't want the HMs to be easier to delete to remove them while they're being used to explore, you retard. It's so you have more freedom to delete them when they are not being used. Or having to carry one HM Slave, or go pick a HM pokem from the PC anytime an obsctacle shows up.
Surf aside, most HMs lose all relevance throrough the game.
>>
>>28429594

Diancie is garbage with their mega though. The Lati's are redundant and the primals/megafug are overpowered as hell, so I'll agree with that, but I don't think legends should be off limits.
>>
>>28430337
pretty fuckin edgy
>>
>replaced a second long animation of smashing a rock with some overly long cutscene of jumping on top and a mon AND THEN you have to go and smash loads of rocks to progress
>this is somehow an improvement

they are literally taking a single breakable rock in previous game and turned it into an entire gimmic route
>>
>>28430579
Or it could be a second long animation of a Machoke or something being summoned, and then you can just smash them from there
>>
I'd laugh if HM's stayed, and these were an extra layer of roadblock, with some areas being locked off until you earn postgame rideable Pokemon.

How fucking butthurt would /vp/ be?
>>
>>28430579
you can Atleast probably skip the mounting animation, and there definitely were games were you had to rock smash multiple times for fucking ever if you needed to get to some place
>>
>>28430579
They replaced you having to waste a moveslot on a useless move. That's good enough for me.
>>
>>28430579
You'd rather waste a team slot on an HM slave or a move slot on a HM instead of making the environment such that you'd only need to use riding pokemon to traverse certain areas?

Why do you people like this horrid HM shit?

I can understand for pacing sake so you can't just go anywhere you want at any time in your playthrough, but nerfing your team for it is stupid. Have you guys ever played any RPG other than Pokemon in your life?
>>
>>28430874
because
>"WHAA I DUN LIKE CHANGE!'"
>>
>>28427961
That's what the rental pokemon are for you dingus.
>>
>>28427926

>Might just be different routes, though

Sharpedo is in the mini archipelago on southeast island.

Lapras is at the waterfall pools on northeast island.
>>
HMs are here to stay, but maybe they'll become TMs instead. At the very least you won't lose your ability to surf on a Pokemon of your own, or to cut threes with Pokemon that know Cut. The rental pokemon are just for convenience if you don't want HM Pokemon on your team.
>>
>>28427785
I hope so. HMs are fucking stupid.
>>
More like

>hmm looks like the dock is closed
>>
>>28427859
Meme.
>>
It's obviously supposed to be an HM replacement + more.

Charizard = Fly
Lapras = Surf
Sharpedo = also Surf but it can smash rocks. Might be some kind of upgrade for Lapras.
Tauros = Rock Smash
Stoutland = Item Finder
>>
File: a (you) for the peasants.gif (415KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
a (you) for the peasants.gif
415KB, 480x238px
>>28430167
>>
I hope you still have the option to Fly/Surf on your own Pokemon.
>>
>>28427833
Nah, this is a welcome addition. HM's taking up a moveslot that you could not delete outside the move deleter that was usually underpowered (Surf being a exception) or a shitty status move.

They should have been gone since Gen IV honestly, they overstayed their welcome.
>>
Honestly I think these are like upgraded versions of HMs. You'll still have HMs and the ability to use them but Poké Ride is superior and has larger versions of the same obstacles.
>>
>>28427861
You can't handle something changing or being taken out, then you got aspergers.
>>
>>28432098
>Item finder
>When every item has a giant A over it anyways
>>
>>28427897
they can both surf, but i bet sharpedo's jet replaces the waterfall hm
>>
>>28432418
hidden items you moron
>>
>>28432418
it's a Dowsing Machine
>>
>>28430167

What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously, why are you being such a piece of shit? "Oh, boohoo I can't be blocked by a shrub anymore," that's what you sound like you degenerate. You honestly think being forced to have a subpar move on your team just to climb up a 45 degree incline is a good thing? That it somehow makes the game "harder?" It makes the game tedious, boring, and unfun whenever you have to select a move and see fucking "Rock Smash" as an available move. You're fucking despicable, you incompetent child. I love opening up my party and seeing eight different little disks underneath my team's names just so I don't get locked out of any content I come across. It's so much more fun to have "Strength," whatever the fuck that even means, instead of something like "Mach Punch" or "Hyper Beam," moves with actual usefulness and power behind them. Go get off this board, walk outside, and look around. That's what you're missing while you sit here thinking taking HMs out leads to casualization. Go play a sport or something, asshole, because nobody here wants to hear your shit opinions and even shittier attitude.
>>
>>28432853
I agree with most of your point, but by the end you argument becomes

>Go become a casual so you don't complain about casualization
Whatw
>>
>>28432853
>moves with actual usefulness and power behind them
>"Hyper Beam"
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.