[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: things that triggers you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 23

File: MIYI1St.png (74KB, 284x201px) Image search: [Google]
MIYI1St.png
74KB, 284x201px
Gen II only introduced 5 families that can evolve twice: The starters, the Pseudo-Legendary and Mareep
>>
File: hoppip.jpg (28KB, 300x243px) Image search: [Google]
hoppip.jpg
28KB, 300x243px
>>28426589
uh
>>
Hoppip
>>
>>28426589
3 of the pseudo lengendaries can't mega-evolve. Ampharos can.
>>
Gen IV pulled the same shit. Right down to one of them being an early route Electric type. The only difference is there is one more thanks to Staraptor.
>>
>>28426589
Gen 2 was really more a Gen 1.5
>>
>>28426589
Gen IV only has the Chimchar line, Magmortar and Heatran as fire types.
>>
>Gen VI had 2 poison types
>>
Pokemon having useless typings

>Flying type on Gyarados
>Psychic on Lugia
>All those normal/flying type pokemon
>All those Rock/Ground type pokemon
>>
>>28426625
It wasn't though
>>
>>28426617
Yeah but who tf cares abput mega evolutions? It always was a stupid concept.
>>
>>28426589
>>28426622
I think I found the reason why these gens originally fell flat to me.
>>
Gen 1 only had one Poison type
>>
>>28426689
Gen I had the most Poison types though
>>
>>28426672
Many of the pokemon from that gen were supposed to be on gen 1, including Ho-oh.
>>
>>28426695
You telling me every Gen after Gen 1 had 0 poison types?
>>
>>28426672
It was... kinda.
Originally the series was supposed to end at that point, so we wouldn't really have the concept of gens.
>>
>>28426685
Because you're autistic?
>>
>>28426762
>...
>>
>>28426786
I believe that is called an ellipsis.
>>
>>28426786
>we can't use punctuation marks on 4chan
>>
Starters with HP 19/19 or 21/21.
I know: is for casuality, but I can't stand it, I reset the game until it give me 20/20 or 22/22.
MFW asperger.
>>
>>28426978

I hate ID numbers whose final numbers are 1,4 or 7 as well.
>>
>>28426786
god chill out
>>
>be like 10 or some shit
>follow Lugia clues while playing Silver
>eventually find Lugia
>for some retarded reason as a kid I thought poison was more effective than sleep
>battle for hours, resetting after failure because he keeps dying from poison
>"Shoot! It was so close too!"
>two more turns and he dies again from poison
>finally "Gotcha! Lugia was caught!"
>after all the hard work decide to see how low I got his HP before he got caught
>completely forget Gen 2 heals your Pokemon in the PC
>throw autism fit and lie to friends and tell him he was at 1hp and I caught him with a pokeball because I was that good
That little transition from Gen 1 to 2 always triggered me because I spent a lot of time playing Gen 1 and had a ritual where I'd heal my newly caught Pokemon as a bonding ritual thinking they'd love me if I showed them mercy as their new master. I'd even double/triple heal them at the Pokemon Center so they'd be Pikachu vs Brock's Onix tier levels of power before I battled gyms
>>
>>28427116
>playing silver as a kid
>find lugia
>throw pokeball first turn
>Lugia was caught
It was kinda anticlimactic but it felt so good regardless
>>
>>28427116
>had a ritual where I'd heal my newly caught Pokemon as a bonding ritual thinking they'd love me if I showed them mercy as their new master
That's pretty cringe.
>>
File: Masquerain.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Masquerain.png
38KB, 250x250px
>Way too much Bug/Flying
>Pic related is Bug/Flying when it's prevo was the more interesting and unique Bug/Water
>Illumise and Volbeat are both fireflies, which would be a good opportunity to make a Bug/Fire or even Bug/Electric, but they're mono bug.

I like bugs okay?
>>
I struggle to play the older games these days because the ALL CAPS for Pokemon names in some of them stands out too much for me to handle.
>>
>>28426786
>muh autism.
Please go outside and start breathing through you nose, not mouth.
>>
>>28426632

And Diamond/Pearl had a fire type E4 despite the only fire types available before the post game are the Chimchar and Ponyta lines.
>>
>>28426589
>Gen 1 pokemon need to be in EVERY game (except B/W)
>Remakes don't get any new pokemon until post-game/near-end-game
>Trade evolutions still exist and continue to be made, despite the fact that the internet makes it nothing more than an obnoxious chore
>Pokemon Bank doesn't count as trading, so you can't do trade evolutions that way
It goes without saying, but
>No difficulty options
Though, at the same time
>The game will blatantly give NPCs breaks when it comes to RNG, IE never hurting themselves in confusion or being unable to move while paralyzed
>Evasion/Accuracy as a whole
>Very little direct interaction with your pokemon; even amie is just "rub your pokemon" and "feed it cupcakes"
>Cities in the anime are fucking 100 times bigger than they are in the game, to the point that it's almost laughable
I could go on all day about the shit in the anime.
>Ash has been a pokemon trainer for several years (decades? I'm not sure how time works in the anime.) and still relies on his Pokedex to feed him information on every pokemon
>Friendship = Power, no matter what, and friendship will literally overpower any real mechanic that might get in the way (except for when it doesn't for plot purposes)
>Pokemon are ONLY capable of saying their names
I get that it's a merchandise thing, but it's starting to leak into the games, too. The fact that normies actually get confused that pokemon make animal noises in the game is astounding.
>>
File: 1472204587482.gif (6KB, 165x165px) Image search: [Google]
1472204587482.gif
6KB, 165x165px
>>28427234
>playing older game
>Anon sent out PIKACHU! PIKACHU used THUNDER SHOCK!
>start naming self in all-caps
>play gen4 (iirc)
>ANON sent out Pikachu! Pikachu used THUNDER SHOCK!
>>
>EVERY SINGLE pokemon related to space is inexplicably psychic
There's genuinely enough of them to validate making a "cosmic" type, at this point.
>>
>>28427281
Does Kanto even have a single exlusive Pokemon anymore?
>>
File: 1472705699635.jpg (10KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
1472705699635.jpg
10KB, 250x202px
>>28427281
>I get that it's a merchandise thing, but it's starting to leak into the games, too. The fact that normies actually get confused that pokemon make animal noises in the game is astounding.
Holy shit this

>roomies play Pokemon Go and none of the games
>"I wish the Pokemon actually made their cries"
>tell them they do, they're the same cries they've had since the first games
>"Oh I meant like the anime ones"
>my fucking face
And that's not even getting into how doing that would be fucking expensive. Recording 800~ lines just so Poliwag goes POLI POLI when you encounter one? Fuck.
>>
Nidoran still hasn't been retconned into a singular species with gender differences like Meowstic.
>>
>>28427276
Yep it was retarded. At least they were more fire types in Platinum that weren't Ponytas.

>>28427323
And Nidorina/Nidoqueen can't breed for whatever reason.
>>
>>28427281
>Cities in the anime are fucking 100 times bigger than they are in the game, to the point that it's almost laughable
Are you fucking stupid? This is one of the few things the anime does well. Of course something called city is going to have city size.
>>
>>28427323
It would fuck up the dex numbers, come on, anon.
>>
File: tumblr_mj48j48dO11qd87hlo1_500.gif (973KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mj48j48dO11qd87hlo1_500.gif
973KB, 500x278px
This family not being useful triggers me
>>
>>28427388
It's pretty useful in VGC
>>
>>28427281
>>28427318
My brethren. The day every Pokemon says their name in-game is the day I stop playing
>>
File: regigigas.png (183KB, 517x517px) Image search: [Google]
regigigas.png
183KB, 517x517px
>Regigigas
>"The Colossal Pokemon"
>Towed the continents to their positions, crafted the regis in extreme conditions, etc.
>Only BARELY over 12 feet tall, making it a fucking manlet compared to most other huge legendaries
>Absolutely crippled to the point of being unusable, despite being the hardest non-event-exclusive pokemon to obtain
>Even the fucking regular Regis are far more valid to use
Being Regigias is suffering.
>>
>>28427388
Jumpluff da best!
>>
>>28427362
I think he was complaining about how small the game cities are, not the other way around.
>>
>>28427473
You may as well just not play JPRGs then if you're gonna complain about that.

>shit man the village I start in only has 4 houses, a shop that only sells adventuring gear and a church how the fuck am I supposed to immerse myself like this

You know what? While we're at it, it's also complete bullshit how NPCs can only say the same thing over and over and over, right? I mean anime characters have all sorts of lines they say. BRING THE GAMES UP TO SPEED ALREADY GF
>>
>>28427500
>>28427473
I meant more that the anime will take even small towns, like Fallabor town, which is obviously meant to be tiny, and turn it into a fucking huge bustling city. Obviously the games can't all have huge crammed cities with true-to-life homes and interiors, but the anime just kinda assumes that every single town in pokemon is colossal.
>>
>>28427529
Ok, the anime transforming TOWNS into CITIES? That being kinda dumb I can agree with.
>>
>>28427401
When was the last time it was used and did well?
>>
>>28426838
of course we can't
if we use that shit, we will turn in homo redditors
>>
The starters' typings not being symmetrical annoys me. Why even have the FWG convention for starters if their secondary typings are going to break that?
Gen 6 is the only gen where the secondary typings form symmetry: Fighting beats Dark beats Psychic beats Fighting. Until you consider Protean, at least.

Gamefreak could do something interesting with the secondary typings: for example, Fighting/Steel/Fairy is another trio of typings that beat each other.
Flying/Rock/Fighting is another, as is Grass/Poison/Ground and Steel/Rock/Fire.

For instance, what if the Grass starter. who would normally lose to Fire, had a secondary typing that beats Fire's secondary typing? It would spice up in-game rival battles by eliminating the "weaker/stronger" rival's starter choice. Wouldn't that be more interesting than yet another pure Fire, yet another pure Water and yet another pure Grass. We have plenty of those already, those typings bore me to tears.
>>
>>28427388
Swords Dance/Acrobatics/Seed Bomb and either Sleep Powder or Substitute is pretty solid, even online to a degree.
>>
>>28427998
b-but muh gen IV starters
>>
>>28427998
Gen IV almost did that but Empoleon had to fuck it up for everyone.
>>
>>28427998
you mean like gen 4?
for fucks sake anon
>>
File: 250px-542Leavanny.png (34KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-542Leavanny.png
34KB, 250x250px
>>28427222
Bug pokemon are wonderful.
>>
>>28428224
Gen 4 didn't do it though. Empoleon fucked it up.
>>
>>28426644
>Gen VI had 2 Ground types
>One was a final evo and the other was a legendary
At least my favorite type is getting some love again in Alola. Just one more line and I'll be happy.
>>
>>28426762
>Originally the series was supposed to end at that point
No it wasn't.
>>
>>28427314
Psychic is the cosmic type
>>
>Grass is a type
>None of the Pokemon that are Grass type are actually made of grass
>>
>>28426664
I think it's more about variety.
I give you Gyarados' typing but they just made sense like that. Although i understad your frustration.
Steelix typing was godsent. Probopass makes sense but it would have been good to have him, say, as a Rock/Electric with Levitate, or a pure Rock Golem. 4x weaknesses is crippling as fuck, but not every poké has to be competitive.
>>
>>28427937
Arash Omati used one to win German Nationals this year.
>>
>>28427116
>had a ritual where I'd heal my newly caught Pokemon
I still do this.
>>
WAY too many things trigger me.

>Shitmons like Volbeat, Illumise, Spinda, Grumpig, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, etc (mostly gen 3 absolute trash) still exist and have absolutely no redeeming value, even them taking up a Pokedex slot is pointless and offensive; they're barely Pokemon, they do nothing interesting, were never worth hunting or catching or using and are so ugly they drag the standard of Pokemon design down
>They still haven't sorted out Flying/Levitate and have dug themselves into a hole they can't come back from; shit like Mega Charizard X gets hit by Earthquake and shit like Dodrio does not
>Absolutely no balance with Megas; Gengar gets one but Starmie does not; Lucaro gets one but Zoroark does not. I don't mind popular mons getting them, not at all, but there are so many Pokemon that are juuuust under-usuable that a Mega is exactly what they need and they're usually the ones with the most interesting concepts to go off of.
>Legendaries were better when they were obscure, almost cryptid-like creatures instead of "hey you know that thing from the bible? this is that". Yeah sure it's cool they're powerful but I draw the line at Groudon and Kyogre, we did NOT need the personification of time and space and ESPECIALLY not a creator deity. They add nothing, they're not well designed, they simply exist to one-up the lore of the previous gen.
>Nearly every single pseudo is Dragon type. It was cool when it was Dragonite because he was the only Dragon type in the entire dex, it made him unique and mysterious. Now he's a budget Salamence. Show some fucking consistency.
>The idea that Pokemon are some kind of animal analogue. No, I don't give a shit what the marketing guide says they're Pocket MONSTERS and there's no coming back from that. They didn't NEED "a whale Pokemon" or "a pig Pokemon" just because those exist as animals. I'm fine with them being prolific but they don't REPLACE animals, that's fucking retarded.
>>
>>28427180
He was like 10.o
>>
File: 1473494460375.jpg (24KB, 521x552px) Image search: [Google]
1473494460375.jpg
24KB, 521x552px
>>28426644
>they were version exclusive
>>
>>28428406
>0.o
What did he mean be this?
>>
>>28426746

Muk line, Weezing line, Arbok line... And as non-pure you had the lines from Venusaur, Victreebel, Vileplume, Beedrill, Tentacruel...

Get a tastier bait next time.
>>
>Normal isn't anentirely neutral match-up with everything else
>It's weak to Fighting instead of anything else because fuck you
>>
>>28426632
>Rotom-Heat
>Arceus with Fire Plate
>>
>>28428450
Rotom didn't change types until gen V.
>>
>>28428450
Rotom-H was Electric/Ghost in gen 4.
Just another of its fuck-ups.
>>
>>28427180
>le cringe
Fuck off Leafy manchild.
>>
>>28428497
>cringe
>Leafy
UNDERAGE DETECTED
>>
>>28428450
Rotom didn't change types in Gen IV and Arceus was impossible to obtain without an Action Replay. If you're gonna suggest that, then you may as well say that Arcanine was totally in the game too.
>>
>>28428473
I was going to say it did change formes in platinum but apparently you're right, it changed formes but not type. Weird.
>>
>>28428514
Underage is using the word cringe.
>>
>>28428517
Arceus wasn't impssible to obtain without an action replay, there were several legitimate Arceus distributions during gen IV. The azure flute was never given away but Arceus itself was.
>>
>Normal/Flying early region bird
>pure Normal early region rodent
>pure Bug -> Bug/Flying early region bug
>baby pokemon are almost never available in the wild
>those late region Gen V mons that don't evolve until level 50
>stone evolutions where the stone is only in the postgame or there's only one in-game
>only one non-dragon type pseudo legendary
>only a handful of non-legendary/pseudo dragon types; and most of them are mega evos
>monotype gyms
>>
>>28428438
The Ghastly line too. being the only ghost though, I was so confused in later gens when psychic didn't affect them because it was super effective on that line. Then I realized it was the poison.
>>
>>28428543
Is this bait?
>>
All of my friends and a lot of people in the pokemon community in general believe a Clone of a legitimately obtained event pokemon is exactly the same in collectible value as the original event pokemon.

Even though the clone didn't actually come from the real event.

Lets use Gen 3 Eon ticket latias for example. If I use a gen 3 Eon ticket from the nintendo power magazine and I scan it and get an eon ticket in my game that is going to be legit. And my friends are going to argue that the latias they got by cloning one is real. Even though the clone didn't use the ticket at all nor did the latias clone come from the island you're supposed to catch latias.

It just blows my mind that some people just can't grasp this. I've tried talking to them endlessly and they just don't get it.
>>
>>28428339
Newfag detected.
>>
>>28428614
No it's le cringe xD

Seriously, fuck off kiddo.
>>
File: mad_dog[1].jpg (54KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
mad_dog[1].jpg
54KB, 512x384px
>>28427222

I was salty for YEARS with Pinsir's treatment.
>Preferred the stag bettle over the mantis in Gen I
>Gen II comes out and we get an evo for Scyther, pre-evos for some of the other 'mons without them.
>Pinsir gets a new counter-part that gets STAB from a lot of moves it doesn't.
>Gen III comes. Some new moves and Hyper Cutter...
>Gen IV. Some get evos (FUCKING PORYGON GODDAMN!) and Pinsir gets some moves and Mold breaker.
>Gen V. Moves, hidden ability...
>Gen VI. Heracross gets a Mega. And Pinsir gets one too.
>Fucking finally.
>It's Bug/Flying.

CAN'T WAKE UP
>>
>>28428585
>>only one non-dragon type pseudo legendary
>tyranitar
>metagross
>>
>>28428614
Redditors and Leafy drove your ebin buzzword into the ground. Get over it; the tides are turning.
>>
>>28428585
There's two non-dragon Pseudo Legendaries, but I'd still like to see more type diversity in Psuedos
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
>DARK GYM NEVER EVER
>>
>>28427281
>>28427318
I'm guessing you guys absolutely hated Yellow.
>>
>>28428627
>kiddo
You can just say, yes.
>>
>>28428662
underage detected
>>
>>28428657
>>They got rid of gyms before ever making a dark gym
>>
>>28428400
>The idea that Pokemon are some kind of animal analogue. No, I don't give a shit what the marketing guide says they're Pocket MONSTERS and there's no coming back from that. They didn't NEED "a whale Pokemon" or "a pig Pokemon" just because those exist as animals. I'm fine with them being prolific but they don't REPLACE animals, that's fucking retarded
I agree with this the most. I hate seeing fakemon that are just a real life animal recolored just for the sake of having it as a pokemon. Shit's more uninspired than anything Game Freak has come up with.
>>
>>28428670
Underage is using the word kiddo.
>>
>>28428312
> Dark had Greninja, Inkay family and Pangoro.
> Bug had only Vivillon family.
Dark didnt get a gym, Bug did.
> No original Dark until now
[Crying in Dark Type]
>>
>>28428633
Are you seriously complaining about Mega-Pinsir? That thing is a machine. Its one of the great examples of how having a bad typing doesn't always hold a pokemon back.
>>
>>28427998
Gen 2 did it too. By not adding secondary type to neither of the three.
>>
>>28428678
Perhaps whatever replacement they make for gyms will get a dark one...eventually
>>
>>28428431
It was a typo, nothing special.
>>
>>28426622
I guess the Burmy line kind of counts as well.
>>
>>28426622
But it made a bunch of older lines 3 stage
>>
>>28428726
Yes, but it won't be a dark gym. There's already a dark elite 4, if "close enough" doesn't bother you.
>>
>>28427276
Gen 1 had a dragon and ghost type E4 despite having only one pokemon of each line.

I dont see what's the problem with either
>>
>>28428633
>Complaining about a legitimately good Mega
M-Pinsir gets hard carried by its ability.
>>
File: 1449947029018.gif (67KB, 300x136px) Image search: [Google]
1449947029018.gif
67KB, 300x136px
>Critical hits in the first rival battle
>>
>>28428766
>>Gen 1 had a dragon and ghost type E4 despite having only one pokemon of each line.

Yeah, Agatha had a Haunter and 2 Gengars, pretty funny stuff. She's more of a poison type specialist if you think about it, she's got Golbat and Arbok also, and all the gen I ghosts were also poison type. Lance had 2 Dragonairs and his Dragonite, an elite 4 with non-final stage evolution, pretty funny stuff. Aerodactyl and Gyaradosare as close to dragons as you get without being an actual dragon, I guess. I think that Dragon was intended to be more of an archetype than a type in gen I, considering that only the Dratini family gets it yet there are several Dragon-esque pokemon like Charizard, Gyarados and Aerodactyl.
>>
>>28428711
>>28428774
Not that guy but I get what he's saying. Pinsir didn't need Flying or Aerilate as a crutch; it could have had a Bug equivalent and run with that. Give Aerilate, you know, the FLYING TYPE SUPER NEW ABILITY to maybe I don't know one of the five/six banal as fuck Normal/Flying birds everyone hates?
>>
>>28428619
You both sound autistic desu.
>>
>>28428604

Shit, my bad.
Also the Nidos, Zubat, Golbat, Venomoth, Venonath...
Fucking shit had so much poison in it that it's unreal
>>
>>28428619
It's a clone. It's the same. It's cheapening but it's the same.
>>
>>28428619
It's literally just data and nothing more.
>>
>>28427296
this
>>
>>28428932
Kanto is full of pollution.
>>
Removing minor features that had zero issues is what triggers me the most. The vs seeker in FRLG was great for example, but there are dozens of examples...
>>
>>28427323
>>28427361
this
>>
>>28428711
>>28428774

It's mostly what the anon at
>>28428907
is saying.

It's just that there's so much Bug/Flying around, like the post i replied in the first place said. And after so many gens with nothing it didn't feel right for me to get something that generic. Maybe a Bug/Ground or Bug/Fighting, but that's just me.

I don't complain that Pinsir is good or bad in competitions. I've used it since Gen I and i've always loved it, even if most of the time others could have done a better type/move job. And now Megas are getting out of the picture...
>>
>>28428932
Every grass type except Tangela and the Paras line.
>>
>>28428400
Autisim
>>
File: 1473477680332.png (52KB, 420x289px) Image search: [Google]
1473477680332.png
52KB, 420x289px
>>28427116
>a bonding ritual thinking they'd love me if I showed them mercy as their new master

knock it off
>>
>>28428624
Read the interview anon. Ishihara says it was HIS last game.
He says as such several times.
>>
so in basically all my life of playing pokemon games, confusion has always, ALWAYS hurt more than it hurts them. It's fucking rigged and you cant convince me otherwise.
>>
>>28429017

Unova has major cities, an industrial complex next to the sea, airports and a lot of places more contaminating than the ones at Kanto.
I guess Silph Co. had a malfunctioning nuclear reactor underground that was leaking radioactive material or something.
>>
>Piloswine has always been able to learn Ancient Power
>somehow, no Piloswines have ever evolved before gen 4
>Lickitung has always been able to learn Rollout
>somehow, no Lickitungs have ever evolved before gen 4
I can buy the "no one thought to try and make Pokemon mate before gen 2". I can even buy the "no one was nice enough to their Golbat before gen 2". But you seriously expect me to believe that there was never a single situation across two generations where someone taught their Piloswine Ancient Power?
>>
>>28428633
Pinsir has got shitty treatment over the years, but not adopting this guy as your new favorite beetle/bug pokemon/pokemon in general? C'mon
>>
>>28429104
That's because you gain attack EVs and your opponent doesn't.
>>
>>28429076
>Thread where OP asks what people dislike about Pokemon
>Disclaimer in my post that there is a lot
>One-word response which is spelled incorrectly
Welcome to /vp/ errybody
>>
File: BestBeetle.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
BestBeetle.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>28429116
>>
>>28429108
And it got the six foot tall walking bag of garbage.
>>
>>28429104
Confusion can proc or not depending on which moves you select. Not that you have any way to know this, but data mining and save state abuse in ROMs shows that, at least on the battle subway in gen 5, the AI will not hit itself in confusion by selecting one move over another,

So yes, the system IS in fact, potentially, rigged.
>>
>>28428400
The Spirit Trio are actually useable though, if you want to talk about a waste let's talk Ledian.
>>
>>28429116
No fuck you, I'm happy for you and your blue beetle boyfriend but you will not tell someone that their bro is shit in favour of the 13-year old smogonfag equivalent just because it's technically """"better""""
>>
>>28428400
but... Pokemon DO replace Animals.
The Pokemon world does not have animals in it.
>>
>>28428832
>tfw gary did this in my firered playthrough
>win anyway
>>
>>28426680
No it wasn't
>>
>>28429104

RNG Is always rigged.
Sleep last the five turns on your monsters, but only three in them.
You can't get any enemy pokemon frozen, but they freeze yours at least once per match.
You barely paralyze with Body Slam, but every Miltank you fight does it without fault.

Some of us are just very unlucky.
>>
>>28426632
What about Flareon? Having never played Sinnoh, I assumed with Leafeon/Glaceon being in the dex, one could obtain Eevee pre-National dex.
Of course, Magmortar is also in the sinnoh dex but you cant catch a fucking Magmar
>>
>>28429179
the design is clearly better, Pinsir's mouth looks like retarded piano keys, and his eyes are too anime. Heracross is a cutemon that gives the impression of being strong at the same time.

pinsir's horns look badass though, his body is otherwise designed, and I agree that he should also be fighting type
>>
>>28429168
Nah senpai, I get you but I don't like them. They are the exact opposite of what I feel Pokemon should represent. They're all the same except their coloured hats; they're all the same type (wasting THREE slots on them) their backstory is boring and at the same time all-encompassing (Praise be! They're the personification of <x aspect of life>!) There is nothing about them that is redeeming.

>>28429197
I know they do NOW, that's what I don't like. Originally Gamefreak/Nintendo were undecided, which is why in older materials you can see dogs or lobsters or whatever. It makes no sense biologically, ecologically or geologically to have Pokemon replace animals. Do Trevenants create oxygen? Do Beedrills pollinate Trevenants? Do people mass-fish Goldeen and sell their eyeless corpses at markets? If not, what the fuck do they eat? Generic brown shit? It makes no sense that way. They could at least say animals USED to exist or something.
>>
>>28429256
>opening five words are pure opinion presented as fact
>seriously, unironically attempting to tell someone their bro is shit and to like a different Pokemon
>which you only like for competitive value (i.e. cuz big daddy Smogon says it's good) anyway
Kill
yourself.
>>
File: maxresdefault[2].jpg (51KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[2].jpg
51KB, 1920x1080px
>>28429116
>>28429132

Stag Bettle > Rhinoceros Beetle

FIGHT ME

But that's only my opinion, though. Heracross and its sweet Sp. Def have a nice place in my heart, but cucking Pinsir day and night does not.
>>
>Win a Maison fight
>Have to sit through the healing and "YOU GOTS SUM BP" jingles.

I know it doesn't take too long on it's own, but that shit adds up.
>>
>>28428749
So did Gen II
>>
>>28428633
>complaining about Aerilate
>>
>>28429337
It really does add up. Sitting through it 50 times is just torture.
>>
>>28429225
I was talking about the new pokemons not the ones from the previous gens.
Also in DP, you could only get an Eevee after you get the national dex. The only fire pokemons you get in DP before the league were Chimchar and a fucking Ponyta.
At least in Platinum, you could get Houndoom, Flareon and Magmar as well before the league.
>>
>>28429337
Pokemon in general has an obsession with inane text that's unskippable and still too slow even on Fast text speed.
Healing at a pokecenter, leveling up a pokemon, picking up an item, I could go on.
>>
>>28426589

Finite TMs and no PSS split in Gen 3 and below.
>>
>>28429110
There are sixty year old women who have been in my country since chilldhood that can't speak english.
If no one bothered to teach their grandmothers how to speak the local tongue then I can believe no one taught their pillowderp ancient power.
>>
File: 4p84y.png (152KB, 400x352px) Image search: [Google]
4p84y.png
152KB, 400x352px
>You can never have a triple battle rematch with the Striaton gym leaders
>>
Hitmontop can learn triple kick...but can't learn double kick.
>>
>>28429414
>Bring a bunch of Lv1 Pokemon to Cafe Le Wow Rotation Battles for Dex-filling
>KO one enemy Pokemon
>Spend the next ten minutes button mashing through level up notices.

jesus fucking christ can you at least have Pokemon that aren't on the field instantly get all their levels instead of going up one by one?
>>
>>28429496
Zangoose can't learn Cut
Swablu/Altaria can't learn Defog
Drain Punch being so restricted.
>>
>>28429317
>competitive value
calm down it''s not like he's Ubers or even OU. And I don't care for his mega desu
>>
>>28426632
Gen IV only introduced 2 fire type evolution-lines and one fire type legendary because Sinnoh is bases on the Japanese island Hokkaido, a COLD island. So it makes sense for a COLD island to have few fire types and more ice types such as weavile, froslass, mamoswine, snover, abomasnow, glaceon. Like, why would the main characters of the story wear winter clothing if the place was full of fire types heating up the air?

Plus, Hoenn, being a TROPICAL island made sense to have only 2 ice type evolution-lines and one ice type legendary (funny, same case as Sinnoh with fire types) but plenty of water types and a decent amount of fire types, but because it is TROPICAL ISLAND.

But still, 10 years later people still don't get it and keep complaining about not having enough fire types in Sinnoh but nobody cares about ice types in Hoenn. They both even rocked the same concept of having an Elite Four member with these typings in their respective region: Glacia and Flint, regardless of both not having that many pokémon in their disposition to be truly specialized.
>>
>>28427405
Not even all of them do that, the more bestial ones just roar. Charizard's roar probably matches his in game roar pretty closely.

What I find weird though is that the games do make it seem like they have the same name saying thing, but it's inconsistent. Jigglypuff/Purrin would say Puri when talked to, but Slowpoke would say Buwa. It's been changed since gen 4, but still.

I can't tell if Gamefreak doesn't redo the cries to be like the anime because they are afraid it would turn people off, or if they are just lazy.
>>
>>28429588
Nobody cares about ice types.
>>
>>28428998
Pokemon =/= Digimon, autistic fuckhead
>>
File: knife dog.png (387KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
knife dog.png
387KB, 780x438px
>>28429685
2/10
>>
>>28427314
>palkia
>>
>>28429104
>set up 6 double teams. 6 sand attacks, paralysis, and confusion
>AI gets a critical hit with dynamicpunch
>>
>>28426998
>>28426838
>>28427255
Kill yourselves painfully
>>
The fear that a bunch of the awesome looking Pokemon in the Sun & Moon trailers will end up being low stat garbage.

>B-b-but Charjabug was shown at level 25 in one of the trailers

He'll evolve at levels 7 and 10, barely break 400 BST, and be relegated to early game just like every other 3 stage bug family. Get over it.
>>
>>28429588
And yet Sinnoh has a volcano so they could have easily introducing a few fire types living there with Heatran. Especially that DP has just Ponyta before the league if you don't have
Infernape.

>wah but nobody cares about ice types in Hoenn!
It's because Ice is a crappy type and at least you could get these full two new lines rather than an evolved form of a previous mon and a legendary who are both available after the league.
>>
File: scol.png (259KB, 518x600px) Image search: [Google]
scol.png
259KB, 518x600px
>>28429832
Not every 3 stage bug line has been bad.

Butterfree is also very respectable for in game use these days too.
>>
>>28429588
fire types are kinda necessary to kill bulky steel types, not to mention they hit a lot of common pokemon (grass/bug) supereffectively, and fire type moves are somewhat limited in their distribution (only fire and normal/fairy types seem to get them).

Meanwhile, Ice gets hit supereffectively by everything, and doesn't kill anything important other than dragons maybe, which usually have a 4x weakness to it, so you may as well just slap ice beam onto any fucking water type, you don't really need STAB.

Also, see>>28429654
>>
>>28429832
(You)
>>
>>28429654
>>28429884
>>28429953
Why are Firefags the most obnoxious people?
>>
>>28427314
>what is clefairy
>what is moon stone
>>
>>28428400
>They still haven't sorted out Flying/Levitate and have dug themselves into a hole they can't come back from; shit like Mega Charizard X gets hit by Earthquake and shit like Dodrio does not
>>
>>28427500
>literally dragon quest ix
Not even joking about this one.
>>
File: 1393815396597.png (304KB, 588x720px) Image search: [Google]
1393815396597.png
304KB, 588x720px
>>28429179
>>28429317
>Heracross
>smogonfag mon
I came here to smug at you.
>>
>>28429588
>Sinnoh should get more ice types because it's based on a COLD island!
>Sinnoh has a damn volcano and not many fire types but people always love to complain!
Also no one gives a fuck about ice types.
>>
>>28428585
>Obtaining stones in G/S/C
>>
>Finite or stupidly rare evolution items

I should not have to spend two hours super-training to get a Dusk Stone.
>>
>>28429762
Outer space, not the spatial aspect of space-time, my man. Astronomy would have been a better term to use.
>>
>>28430145
>TMs weren't infinite until very recently
>>
>>28430033
I'm primarily a bugfag, followed by maybe steelfag. I like a few fire types too, but was mainly just pointing out some mechanical differences. Fire type STAB and fire type pokemon are simply better for playthroughs, is all.

I personally think Ice has got a shitty treatment from GF, along with rock, and look forward to the buffs they'll get in sun and moon... right? Right, guys?
>>
>>28427116
You were 10, so this is adorable, not cringe
>>
File: 250px-475Gallade.png (36KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-475Gallade.png
36KB, 250x250px
>bro gets released
>evo of a usually pretty rare pokemon
>has to be male, which is 50/50
>have to have stone, which is late/post-game if they even add it in
>got a mega
>can only get mega stone in post game
>and only in ORAS

I JUST WANT TO USE MY SWORDBRO, GODDAMNIT
>>
>>28430267
Dude, it's main game. Megas are overkill.
>>
>>28430224
Nah S/M are going to do for ghost what B/W did for bug from the looks of it. Rock will never be as solid as it deserves.
>>
>>28430290
>what B/W did for bug
Keep them on life support for one glorious generation before a new type and a regional bird with an OP HA finally shove them into an open grave the very next gen?
>>
>>28430283
Don't get me wrong, I think megas are overkill, too. It's more along the lines of the whole rarity thing.
>>
>Finite evolution items
>Pokemon that need to be traded to evolve
>Any mechanic dependent on breeding to obtain reliably (egg moves, abilities, natures, IV's)
>Breeding itself is a fucking tedious ass chore and I hate it

I should be able to buy shit at the Battle House/Mansion/Mason/Frontier that lets me change anything I fucking want about my pokemon. It makes more sense to get make my starter perfect with lots of effort and training rather than throw him in the trash because of his imperfect IV's and nature.
>>
>>28430347
I can't be too mad at this, because while Heracross is my favorite, Talonflame is my second favorite.
>>
>>28430372
>want to breed a competitive mon
>its first stage is a babymon
>that evolves via happiness
>and doesn't require an Incense
F U C K
U
C
K
>>
File: ChzFmVuUYAAeM7v (1).png (99KB, 384x568px) Image search: [Google]
ChzFmVuUYAAeM7v (1).png
99KB, 384x568px
>>28430371
My favorite is Bisharp. Which means I can only ever get it right at the end of the game.

Every
Single
Time
>>
>legendaries with no lore beyond a shallow Pokedex entry

Would it kill GF to give us some actual sideplots for our legendaries?
>>
>>28430347
>>28430290

They need to retcon a lot of the type effectiveness to re balance the shittier types. They also need to just buff the base stats of the gorillian shitmon bugs there are.

Not everything can be competitive but nothing has to be pointlessly ass either.
>>
>>28429635
Charizard is actually saying Lizardon, which sounds like a roar.

His japanese name.
>>
File: file.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
487KB, 900x900px
>Tri Attack doesn't ignore resistances/immunities
>Type: Null doesn't have an ability that makes attacks dealt and received deal neutral damage

Missed opportunity.
>>
>>28430372
I actually really enjoy breeding for whatever reason.
>>28430413
>breed in luxury ball
>use Befriending O-Power
>bike sim for 3 minutes
Why aren't you doing this?
>>
>>28430229
it's pathetic how many people here just call everything cringe
>>
>>28430866
I'm considering getting a word filter to replace "edgy" with "2spooky4me". What would be a good thing to replace "cringe" with?
>>
>>28430891
if dubs you replace it with nigger.
>>
>>28429323
Fuck off, Gatack
>>
>>28430891
Liberal
>>
>>28430413
>I had to breed two lucarios like this
>Both with egg moves exclusive to Hitmonchan
>Lucario is 87.5% male
>Hitmonchan's egg moves are both obtained before it evolves from Tyrogue, forcing me to heartscale it twice
>>
>>28430891
stupid

memes
>>
>>28431050
Only time I bred for an egg move I needed to chain breed and it was so I could get Present on a Clefairy. I have no idea where that Clefairy went.
>>
>>28427414
If only they introduce in some gen that Regigigas learns Skill Swap around level 99.
>>
>>28430891
relatable.
>>
>>28426644
Got to protect the fairiw, bro.
>>
>>28428585
There's 3 pseudo-legendaries that are not dragon. Tyranitar, slaking, and metagross.
>>
>>28429197

If animals don't exist in the Pokemon world, how did some of them receive classifications? Primeape, for example, is classified as the Pig Monkey Pokemon. How would someone be able to identify it as the Pig Monkey Pokemon if they didn't know what a pig or monkey was, and therefore, would not be able to compare it to either?
>>
>>28431524
>slaking
>>
>>28429763
>sand attack pokemon over and ovr
> pokemon uses starts using swift
>>
any mega evolution triggers the fuck out of me. if you use megas you are a shitty baby who cant play the game normally and need your hand held to beat the game.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.