[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, as far as stats are concerned, what are we looking at with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Photo_2016-09-11_02-00-14_AM.png (2MB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_2016-09-11_02-00-14_AM.png
2MB, 1936x1936px
So, as far as stats are concerned, what are we looking at with Alola forms? Has anyone drawn any info on stat changes from the trailers, or have their been any announcements on what we're going to be looking at with stats.

Will they be moved around with the same BST, or just completely changed? Or do we think they'll deviate by 10-20 points? Or, and I know this is a long shot, are they going to use this as an attempt to make some pokemon competitively viable?

Any ideas or info?
>>
>>28423047
I hope they all get a decent BST boost otherwise these are just a different flavor of useless.
>>
>>28423064

Would the originals also get boosts?
>>
Alolan Marowak outsped a Haunter
If there was no evs/ivs/natures that's a huge step up from Original Marowak
>>
>>28423080
I doubt it. Some of them would be out of character like if Alolan Marowak is really fast, like the other guy says, it wouldn't make any sense for normal Marowak.
>>
>>28423047
>select all images with Alolan Pokemon
>>
>>28423047

Can Alola Raichu at least be better than Pikachu with a light ball?
>>
>>28423047
the website mentions that alolan sandslash is slower but bulkier, and the trailer shows >>28423087
alolan raticate is stated to be heftier, so it will probably be more bulk oriented as opposed to regular raticate

alolan exeggutor also seems to be more physical than special; the fact that they show it using wood hammer and such seems to lean toward this

we don't know about the other ones
>>
>>28423192
There isn't Alolan Pikachu
>>
>>28423210

And?
>>
>>28423219
I rade Alola Pikachu.
>>
Also, do we think that they'll follow a trend reminiscent of the "+100 stat boost" that Megas go by? Alakazams need not apply Or is it more likely that, in the case that they're trying to make them a little more viable, that weaker pokemon would get heftier stat boosts than stronger ones (for example, Ninetales wouldn't need QUITE as large as stats boost as, say, Raticate)?
>>
>>28423195
>alolan sandslash is slower but bulkier
gf pls stop
>>
For the love of God, let Raichu A have at least 100 atk so his volt tackle matches victini vcreate on electric terrain!
>>
>>28423631
There is no turning back. They have to start buffing Ice cause they clearly want to use it more for defense then offense. I mean ffs, Avalugg should've been a fead giveaway.
>>
>>28423047
why is that doggo barfing

dont barf doggo everything will be ok
>>
>>28423248
You're stupid if you're expecting 100 more base stats. These aren't megas, they're variations. I'm expecting maybe 20-30 more base stats aswell as stat shuffling to make them play differently from the regular forms.
>>
>>28423047

Snowslash is gonna be shit tier since its not a speedy glass cannon, unless it gets Technitian as it's HA, Bullet Punch and Ice Shard. so I don't really care what it's stats are

Faticate will most likely be a Physical Tank, having high HP, Attack and Defense while having mediocre special attack, special defense and speed, so shit tier as well, unless it gets some Fighting immunity ability as its HA

Alolan Raichu has the most potential to actually be decent if it gets a fucking special movepool.
>>
>>28423749
I never claimed they would, jackoff. I was just pondering the notion concerning whether or not all variations would have the same amount of points added to their BST, similar to megas, or if they would add more or less according to how low or high the base forms' BSTs are.

>reading comprehension
>>
>>28423047
probably different stats, but the same total score
>>
>Alola Sandslash and Alola Raticate are slowler and bulkier than their nornal forms
>4x weakness to fighting for both of them

Game Freak, why? Raticate is whatever, but does someone at GF just hate ice types or do they seriously believe defensive ice types are fun to use?
>>
File: 1383255729052.png (193KB, 303x278px) Image search: [Google]
1383255729052.png
193KB, 303x278px
>4x weak to fire
>4x weak to fighting
>2x weak to ground
>it's a gf decides to make one of the best offensive types focus on defense episode
>slower than regular form

sandslash is going to be shit.
>>
>>28424215
They probably either forgot Ice resists nothing or they changed the type chart again, cause I can't understand why they keep doing it, Aurorus and Avalugg should've been a good enough red flag.
>>
>>28424258

If they actually changed the type chart I would cum buckets, but let's face it, Ice-type is never going to get thrown a bone. I'm not even convinced they think Ice has a problem.
>>
>>28423047
I've been compiling stats that I can get from the trailers and I can say that Alolan Raticate has more HP than regular Raticate with 71-88. Which is interesting since all the other Alolan forms have HP which is in the range of their regular forms' HP.
>>
>>28424316
I don't think they even recognize the core issue with typings. Their solution to the fact so many of the strong, lategame Pokemon get used in battle and are coincidentally Dragon-types (originally designed to be the strong, lategame typing that resisted all starter Pokemon) was to invent a brand new type that doesn't even respect the obvious origins of early type matchups.
They should have made Ice and all three starter types resist Fairy, instead of just Fire because of the epic new Megazard.
>>
>>28423959
Ice is awful but ice/steel isn't anywhere near as bad as any other defensive ice typing.
>>
>>28423047
Nooooobody knooooowwws oooooOooOooOospooky
>>
>>28423631
There is no way they aren't going to buff ice defensively in this gen. Hopefully gonna lose its fighting weakness and maybe resist fairy, so Alolan Sandslash becomes a fairy killer.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.