[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How will you react when the Alola Pokedex is: >30% new Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 4

File: gdfc8Lq.jpg (45KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
gdfc8Lq.jpg
45KB, 500x282px
How will you react when the Alola Pokedex is:
>30% new Pokemon
>40% returning Pokemon with Alola forms/evolve into Pokemon with Alola forms
>30% returning Pokemon without Alola forms
>>
I won't, because that's not going to happen
>>
>>28417820
Assuming the Alola dex is 450, like XY
>135 new
>180 old
>135 Alola forms
I can live with that.
>>
>>28417951
You got the second two numbers around the wrong way. 180 Alolan forms is not going to happen.
>>
>>28417951
>450, like XY
Please no
>>
>>28417996
You're right I did. Either way, I can dig it
>>
>>28417996
Reading comprehension or dyslexia.
>>
>>28418026
Little of both, mostly not carefully reading obvious bait thread
>>
>>28417951
>135 alola forms

That's WAY too many. Considering they're doing only gen 1 Pokemon it's probably going to be like 20-30 at most.
>>
>>28418026
>what is math
>>
>>28418076
That poster got 135 and 180 around the wrong way, reread what OP proposed and you'll find that they meant 180 Alolan forms. Which is DEFINITELY not happening
>>
All I'm going to say is that I'm going to be pissed if they end up rationing new pokemon like in XY, every route had maybe one new pokemon in it, with the remaining 85% encounter rate dedicated to a bloated selection of old pokemon.

I'll be (cynically) expecting 90 new pokemon and 30 alola forms, with the regional dex coming up to a total of 400~
>>
>>28418076

They could plausibly make Alola forms for about half of Kanto. That's 75ish.
>>
>>28418076
There are 151 gen 1 pokemon.
>>
POKEMON
>>
>>28418127
>90 new pokemon and 30 alola forms
30 Alolan forms sounds about right to me, but you know that almost half of your predicted new Pokemon are already revealed then, right? Another 6 are the starter evos, and there are things like evos of other revealed Pokemon, like Rockruff, Pikipek and Jangmo-o. And don't forget Marshadow. If there are only 90 new Pokemon, there're going to be hardly any that we don't know about prior to release.
>>
>>28418326
>If there are only 90 new Pokemon, there're going to be hardly any that we don't know about prior to release.

Considering what happened with XY? That seems about right. I'm not expecting more than 100 new pokemon.
>>
>>28418297
Pokemon like Cubone, Exeggcute and Pikachu are confirmed not to have an Alolan form, assuming you're implying that all of gen 1 will have an Alolan form.

>>28418255
They could, but I don't see that happening.
>>
>>28417820
There will NOT be that many Alola Forms, but 30% new Pokémon sounds reasonable.
>>
Honestly i don't think they're doing another XY dex again

I think the pokedex will have 300 entries.

110 new
210 old or soemthing like that.
>>
>>28418348
How many were revealed prior to release?
>>
>>28418491
44 new and 13 megas
>>
>>28418587
we have 42 so far.
Trough i doubt we're getting more than 90.
This series is going to get even less and less pokemon,and i'm afraid im going to lost the interest.
>>
>>28418432
god i hope not
>>
>>28418837
i hope not wat?
you really want a new game AGAIN without new pokemon
>>
File: Gen Numbers.png (7KB, 620x384px) Image search: [Google]
Gen Numbers.png
7KB, 620x384px
>>28418668
Okay. You have to realize that you're making a prediction based on nothing.

We have always alternated between big and small gens. Less than 90 this gen would be a gigantic outlier and it's foolish to think that would happen without reason.

If you take megas into account, the general trend had actually been an increase, not a decrease.
>>
Don't give a shit. I want postgame.
>>
>>28418668
No, I think we'll have more than 100. Every gen other than XY has added at least 100, and I think XY had only 72 to highlight the other new features and they new graphics style they were adding.
>>
>>28418883
Actually if you discount cross-gen evos (they aren't new pokemon anyway)

GEN 1: 151
GEN 2: 81
GEN 3: 133
GEN 4: 78
GEN 5: 156
GEN 6; 71
GEN 7: 120~
>>
>>28418915
XY also added ~50 mega evolutions, which needed to be designed, statted, and modeled just as much as a new pokemon would.

They're not worth as much to us, but they still took away dev time from the rest of the dex.
>>
>>28418883
If we assume that Alolan forms are weighted similarly to Megas, I could see the breakdown as something like 80-90 New Pokemon, and 40-60 Alolan forms.
The only snarl with Alolan forms is that unlike Megas ,which were 1 per line, Alolan Forms can have any number of entries per line.
>>
>>28417951
>450 like XY

Christ, I fucking hope not. Especially in what looks like an even smaller region
>>
>>28418984
Sure, but XY was the first time they had done full 3D models so it's understandable that they limited the number of new Pokemon in the interests of time. They don't have to do that again, so it's really plausible that there will be a lot more new Pokemon than gen 6. It's only new pokemon and Alolan forms that they have to do that work for.
>>
>>28418960
Kind of an arbitrary thing to discount, but that is interesting.

Also interesting that other that the two in third gen, only even gens have given us cross gen evos. I guess megas could be seen as a more extreme manifestation of that philosophy.
>>
The main problem is that there is 721 pokémon.
I doubt GF will made more than 90 new pokémon because that,i think the series will start to get really repetitive after this gen since they wouldn't put mmore than 30 in GEN 8 .
>>
>>28418995
A bigger regional dex is almost always a good thing. There's no reason we should be running into the same pokemon on every route, the same pokemon in every cave, and the same pokemon in every body of water.

They should be trying to make every area distinct and interesting, with unique pokemon in every one of them. That was one thing Kalos absolutely excelled at, and going back to Hoenn in ORAS really highlighted the lack of variety in the older games.
>>
>>28419112
are you idiotic?
people want to see the new pokemon,old pokemon are okay,but if new pokemon are overshadowed the game gets boring as fuck
>>
Well everything is better than 150 only
garbage.
>>
>>28419159
This pretty much.
Leave new pokemon shine in the main game,i really don't want to catch the same pokemon in every game it's gets repetitive as fuck,that¡s why XY was so bad
>>
>>28419112
There shouldn't be 10 Pokemon on absolutely every route in the entire game anon. Especially when less than a quarter are new. Kalos is right up there with Johto and Hoenn when it comes to shit distribution
>>
>My thought process.
Kalos Dex covered 454 out of 721 pokemon, with another 100+ pokemon available in post game. In total, there are 596 pokemon found in XY. The rest 125 missing ones, the legends, mythical, and more uncommon pokemon, are available in ORAS remake and events.

Being generous, let's just say there will be 150 new pokemon. So 871 pokemon in total.
In the spirit of catch-em-all, we should be able to encounter most of them in S&M too, i.e. found pokemon in this game should be a lot more than previous games.
I'd say Alolan Dex should cover 600 pokemon. Each island-dex has 150 pokemon. Another 100 pokemon are added postgame. The remaining 170 missing pokemon should be obtainable in the third version/sequel and through events.
Now, subtract the 150 new pokemon from the 600 pokemon in the dex, we still have 400 pokemon left. I'd say a quarter of them are alolan forms.

So 150 new, 100 Alolan, 300 old pokemon.
>>
>>28419253
Still we aren't going to get a pokedex like BW2 ever again,because this autistic fanbase somehow enjoys catching thee same pokemon in every damn game.
>>
>>28419312
No, things like this aren't the fanbase's fault at all, what?

Not to mention the "only extremes exist" mentality

Johto has 256 Pokemon. With better distribution this would have been great.

Unova has 300 and it was great. Pokedexes should not be going lower than 256 and higher than 300
>>
>>28419403
People complaning about the new pokemon in BW,yeah it isn't the fambase's fault.
>>
>>28419159
See: XY and how because of Mega-evos getting given out to no current-gen pokemon, every major encounter revolves around an ultimate battle with an old pokemon with a new coat of paint.

Dianthia, the champion of the region, and ultimate bastion of the best that region has to offer. Ultimate pokemon: Gardevoir, a relatively powerful fan-favorite from Gen 3.

Lysander, of royal blood and leader of a genocidal team of fashion-obsessed maniacs, and the final encounter of the plot of the game. Ultimate pokemon: Gyarados, a cool pokemon from gen 1.

Your rival, your most worthy adversary, who follows in your footsteps all throughout your adventure and challenges your progress as you go. Ultimate pokemon: Absol, a mid-tier single-stager from gen 3.
>>
>>28419451
Yeah,it was fun,that kalos was so lackuster that the leaders use old pokemon as their most powerful pokemon.
>>
>>28419451
>Forgetting Lucario Town
>>
I thought the Alola dex was confirmed to be about 400? If so 30% (120 right?) Would be fine by me, I've been saying 110 minimum for a long time now.
>>
>>28419451

But on the counterside that was done because BW merchandise under performed and they wanted to remarket old favorites to strengthen the brand again.

So in a way megas did what Gamefreak needed them to do.
>>
>>28417951
>Assuming the Alola dex is 450
hopefully sm follows this trend, that dex size was beautiful
>>
>>28419757

My only problem was needing to breed for certain Pokemon and Clefairy being stuffed away in the safari post-game.

100 per Island is a great number though.
>>
>>28419253
Of course they should. More pokemon means more variety, both in what you encounter and in what you have available for your team.

As long as they mostly conform to a theme having a wide encounter variety is never a bad thing.
>>
>>28419757
>Kalosperms hating new pokemon as always
what did new pokemon to this people to thate them to much?
>>
>>28419757
Best part of XY was the dex.

I'm honestly hoping for around 100, plus 30 or so Alola forms and a dex size of 400. I don't want routes seeming crowded from too many Pokemon, or unconnected just because they've got no Pokemon in common.
>>
>>28419817
I don't know but they seem to only want old pokemon in the games,i don't get it really.
>>
>>28419790
How big do you think the first island is?

>>28419805
The problem was most other regions have multiple ways to see Mons. Pretty much the entire Kalos Dex was in Talk grass or jumped out of bushes. It was way too much for tall grass alone. I honestly did not like it.
>>
>>28419853
>>28419817
I know you two started with BW, but it's fucking boring for the majority of common Pokémon to be part of the same evolution line. There doesn't need to be Staravia or Tranquill on like half the routes in the game.
>>
>>28419926
What is this extreme you keep thinking people have? Balance exists you know. Middle grounds? The bane of logical discussion?
>>
>>28419926
No,i started with Red
But Kalosperms wants to overshadow new pokemon in all coast,i don't understand why do you want to overshadow them so badly and ruin the experience to other people just for catch your charizard again.
>>
>>28419886

Probably not very.

That doesn't mean it can't have loads of small caves and explorable areas with Pokemon variety. Not all 100 would need to be caught on the first trip after all.

>>28419926

Exactly. XY could have given it's Pokemon better distribution but a larger dex is still great in theory.
>>
>>28419978
Don't even bother with reasoning with genwuners/kalosperms they think that everyone that isn't autistic is an unovavortion (with isn't a bad thing)
>>
>>28419926
This. Each route should have its own identity, with a unique encounter table. That's how you create memorable routes.

If every route is just 30% rodent 30% bird 20% plant 20% other it makes the game so, so dull. It creates huge limits on what you can use in your team.
>>
>>28417820
>THEY ARE ONLY SHOWING OFF OLD POKEMON
yeah, no shit they are only showing off the old pokemon that appear in the region. do you really just want them to spoil literally every fucking pokemon that appears in the game? or would you rather get gameplay footage, but just with old pokemon, as we are currently getting. im sure that they looked at things, and realized that the latter one was the only sensible option.
>>
>>28420039
Just stick with XY,if you hate new pokemon so much,shut up already.
>>
>70-100 new pokemon
>15-25 alolan forms
>each island will probably have its own pokedex with around 85-120 pokemon each, including "duplicates" like oricorio
At least, that's how I'm seeing it. Chances are you'll revisit each island at least once to access new areas for plot reasons too.
>>
>>28420039
But that's the point. The overload of Mons led to nowhere having an identity

>>28420014
I suppose, but I just can't fathom that island having 100 Mons. It looks like 4 routes at most, a cave (MAYBE 2) and a water route
>>
>>28419817
>im an underage nostalgiafag because i like routes having different pokemon
nice job memeing yourself into an opinion that only the best of echo chambers could ever produce bud
>>
>>28420170
You're a nostalgiafag wanting that,because you can't accept your gen 1 pokemon getting overshadowed and the new pokemon having the spoilight
>>
>>28420087
The ideal pokemon game will always have much more old pokemon than new pokemon.

That's simply the nature of the series. You can't get rid of old pokemon just because you don't like them anon. They're not going to reboot the series just for you.
>>
>>28417820

Disappointed.
>>
>>28420243
I don't hate old pokemon,idiot.
I want to see the new pokemon having the spoilight.
>>
>>28420243
>The ideal pokemon game will always have much more old pokemon than new pokemon.
Nostalgiafag detected.
"M-muh gen 1 pokemon aren't the majority in the game,reeeee"
>>
>>28420324
the only time this has been true is gen 1 and 2, anon
>>
i would love to see 0 returning pokemon
>>
>>28420361
That happened with BW. Unfortunately, a good chunk of Pokemon were expys for shit that usually appears every game like Machop and Geodude.
>>
>>28420148

>9 for Starters
>Potentially 2 for Rockruff
>3 for bird
>Potentially 3 for Komala
>Potentially 2 for Cutefly
>Tapu
>2 for Yungoose
>Oricorio

That's a possible 23-25 right there. And that's before we even get into Ledian and other oldmons.

100 is an incredibly reasonable enough number when you factor in evolutions. Even for the smaller island.
>>
>>28420361
NO,please no i want to catch zubat for the 999 time,pre-order cancelled.
>>
>>28417820

I wouldn't mind so long as we got at least 20 new mega pokemon. I'm not an autist who doesn't count alola forms and megas as new pokemon.
>>
>>28420243
I hate pokemon fans,they always want to ruin the games for casuals that only play for the experiencie of discovering and they always want their autistic shit there.
>>
>>28417820
Instant shittygen
>>
>>28420361
Agreed. It's not enough that that I can only use new pokemon; everyone else must play the way I want to play.
>>
File: 078Rapidash.png (161KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
078Rapidash.png
161KB, 431x431px
>>28418076
>Considering they're doing only gen 1 Pokemon
Leaker here, advertising staff decided to take advantage of Pokemon GO hype by filling the reveals with gen 1 pokemon to get the interest of those only familiar with Pokemon GOs offering. You'll notice that pokemon battled in these trailers went from all gens to rarely anything outside of gen 1, this is also part of that advertising strategy.

Each gen actually gets ~5-10 alolan lines on average, with version exclusives as well as day/night exclusives (each pokemon in a line does not necessarily get a form).
>>
>>28420415
Because they aren't,fucking autist.
>>
>>28420415
new forms of old pokemon, but at least the word new is in the phrase

>>28420392
I see what you mean. I dunno though. I'd still be happier with not trying to push the number as hard as we can.
>>
>>28420424
Kids that start with SM don't care which gen a pokemon originated in anon. Don't bring them into this.
>>
>>28420148
You're not thinking of evolutions. Also, the first route alone is confirmed to have at least 5 separate evolutionary lines available
>Yungoos
>Ledyba
>Caterpie
>Grubbin
>Pikipek
>>
>>28420441
Yes,since genwunners and nostalgiafags would drop the series.
>>
Honestly, I don't mind if there are a bunch of Alola forms. I like them a lot better than megas since they feel like new Pokemon at least. I never got that feeling from megas since they are tied to items and you can't even interact with them in amie.

The alola forms kind of remind me of the crossbreed/fusion concepts that used to be posted around here. I do hope that Pokemon from other gens get alternative forms either this gen or next gen though. I think there's too much potential to restrict it to gen 1.
>>
>>28420450
>dropping a massive leak into some random thread with no proof

I don't dislike you anon, but I don't trust you.
>>
>>28420479
>>Caterpie
Day 1 purchase confirmed. Butterfree is bro tier.
>>
>>28420205
>third world english grasp
>can only communicate through strawman opinions no one ever stated
neo/vp/ is a real charm
>>
>>28420450
>You'll notice that pokemon battled in these trailers went from all gens to rarely anything outside of gen 1

You know they did.

Anon I don't trust you but I like the way you think.
>>
>>28420450
I hope this is true
>>
File: POKEBALL GO.gif (468KB, 215x160px) Image search: [Google]
POKEBALL GO.gif
468KB, 215x160px
So long as I can catch them all, I'll take it.
>>
>>28420361
SHUT YOUR WHORE MOUTH
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.