[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Half damage against 7 FUCKING TYPES >Weak to the ubiquitous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 14

File: Nando_Kricketune_Sing.png (3MB, 1566x881px) Image search: [Google]
Nando_Kricketune_Sing.png
3MB, 1566x881px
>Half damage against 7 FUCKING TYPES
>Weak to the ubiquitous fire, flying and rock types
>Frequently has a secondary flying typing, making it 4x weak to rock.
>Or has a secondary typing in poison, making it weak to the type it's supposed to be strong against
>Resistant to ground, but many ground-types know rock-type moves
>Lowest average base stat total among all Pokémon and among fully evolved Pokémon
>Lowest average HP and Special Attack

Why are bug types so shit, and what can we do to fix them?
>>
DELELELELE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP
>>
Is bug is paired with another good type, the Pokemon can be good.

Remember, bug type means STAB u-turn, which can be huge.

Heracross, Scizor, and Pinsir are all great pokemon.
>>
>>28389867

For every Scizor, you'll get 7 Ledians
>>
Having a decent physical bug move that a good number of bugs can learn would be a good start. Very few bugs get megahorn but most get bug buzz. It's not gonna be enough but it's something
>>
>>28389867
super effective against fairy when?
>>
>>28389847
Delelelelet this.
>>
>>28389867
The thing is, they're good despite their bug types, not because of them. Arguably the only one that wouldn't be better off without bug is Scizor due to steel-bug actually being a decent combo
>>
File: image.gif (1015KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1015KB, 475x475px
>>28389920
Never, they can't have their precious Gardevoir get a 4x weakness.
>>
>>28389801
Bug needs to have neutral effectiveness on Fairies and Ghost. I always feel like Bug should be okay against Ghost if it's good against Dark. I know the Bug>Dark is because of Kamen Rider triumphing over evil, but it fees useless to make Bug not good against Ghosts.

Speaking of Fairies, they need to be weak against Ghost as well, they need another weakness and if Ghost loses a resistance it slightly buffs them while weakening Fairy.
>>
>>28389953
>steel/bug being a decent combo
Charmander used ember!
>>
>>28389953
Heracross wouldn't get STAB Megahorn though.
>>
File: 7fuiOTc.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
7fuiOTc.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>it's supposed to be bad
>>
File: 049Venomoth_AG_anime.png (35KB, 982x637px) Image search: [Google]
049Venomoth_AG_anime.png
35KB, 982x637px
I love Quiver Dance
>>
>>28389999
>8 resistances
>1 immunity
>1 weakness, albeit times four

I'd say It's pretty fucking good man. Especially with some of the kickass moves it can get stab from on either type.

Nice quads though.
>>
>>28389999
Next you're going to tell me Garchomp is bad
>>
>>28390017

wtf I suddenly hate gf now
>>
Bugs at least have been getting some love in recent gens. First the plethora of new bro-tier bugs in BW, then the introduction of excellent bug megas in XY and ORAS to make some bugs that had fallen by the wayside great again (and some great bugs even better).
>>
>Bug isnt super effective against Fighting

inb4 but you can squash bugs, you can but you have to squash those fuckers a few times before they are truly dead also most people don't want to touch/like touching bugs and it's a trope that a lot of macho dudes are scared of bugs
>>
File: homer consider.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
homer consider.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>Bug now resists Dark

Is that satisfying for you bug fans out there?
>>
>>28389999
Wasted quads. Next you'll say mega rayylmao should be pu
>>
>>28389801
At least is decent now
Bug was a non-factor until gen4
Until then only Heracross and Forretress where good
>>
>>28390252

Not only that, but literally anyone can step on a bug, you don't need any fighting skills for that. Plus, a lot of bugs have poisonous bites that can but down grown men.
>>
>>28389801
>Steel, Fairy and Ghost no longer resists bug
Did I fix bug?
>>
>>28389801
Bug-type moves should be super effective against Steel because they fuck it up or something idk i played the old ass "dust powder game" and when you put ants on the metal they distorted it n shit
>>
>>28390624
no you broke it
>>
>>28389801
There's no reason for bug to hit 0.5 on ghost and fairy

Those should be neutral hits
>>
File: 10874972837.jpg (1MB, 1260x1782px) Image search: [Google]
10874972837.jpg
1MB, 1260x1782px
>>28389801

At least it's better than ice.
>>
>>28390334
For me it'd be very satisfying.
>>
>>28390624
>>28390693
Steel should resist it. The other two don't make sense whatsoever.
>>
>>28391074

Insects get inside electronics all the time, though. And they mes up the delicate inner workings.
>>
>>28391074
bug doesn't really need resistance changes, most bugs have a different way to deal with the things that resist it such as knock off or earthquake or fiery dance or close combat or poison jab

by removing things that resist bug you just make it even more difficult to switch into them
>>
>>28389994
let buff ghost what a wonderfull idea
>>
File: god damn it.gif (2MB, 250x182px) Image search: [Google]
god damn it.gif
2MB, 250x182px
>Megas aren't coming back
>Beedrill is going back into the garbage
My favorite pokemon
dumpstered again
>>
>>28389801
Genesect
>>
>>28390334
Dark types don't need to be nerfed even harder, is the problem.
>>
>>28389999
Charmander fainted due to being outsped by Bullet Punch.
Kill this retarded meme.
>>
File: 1436043675201.jpg (218KB, 1409x775px) Image search: [Google]
1436043675201.jpg
218KB, 1409x775px
>>28390252

Bug and Fighting have a dual resist thing going because of Japanese Karate Bugmen.
>>
>>28397064
Dark got buffed in Gen 6 in a pretty big way.
>>
File: Ninjask.240.1733914.jpg (16KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
Ninjask.240.1733914.jpg
16KB, 240x210px
>Tfw my bro went from being OU to PU in a few short generations.
>>
>>28389994
>Speaking of Fairies, they need to be weak against Ghost as well, they need another weakness and if Ghost loses a resistance it slightly buffs them while weakening Fairy.
How come none of the ideas for fairy weaknesses make sense? Fairies and ghosts don't interact in any way in mythology that isn't neutral or outright favorable for fairies in the case of the wild hunt. Ghosts really don't need the buff either.
>>
>>28390638
There are actually bugs in Florida called Love Bugs known for fucking up cars. Bugs can fuck up metal for sure.
>>
>>28390624
>ghost resists bug
I never remember this particular type interaction.
>>
>>28397401
The thing is Ghost is exactly good against 2 types. That puts it on the level of Fucking Electric. Grass and Ice have more coverage that Ghost. Also Fairy is a target for debuff because people feel it's too good right now.
>>
>>28389999
252+ SpA Charmander Emberr vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 112-136 (63.2 - 76.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

That's nice.
>>
>>28397433
>Love Bugs
That's because that specific type is corrosive to the interiors. It isn't all bugs.
>>
>>28389801
>Pinsir
>Accelgor
>Beedrill
>Parasect
>Forretress
>Scizor
>Shuckle
>Heracross
>Ninjask
>Shedinja
>Scolipee
>Escavalier
>Galvantula
>Durant
>Volcarona
>Genesect

>N...no, those don't count, I was talking about Caterpie!
>>
>>28397477
It just doesn't make sense is all. I'm not saying fairy couldn't use nerfing - although I think that's better done by giving more offensive options to steel and poison and dispersing said options to more pokemon - but I'm just all for interactions that make sense. Ghost could be SE against electric possibly, on that note? They do interact with those devices a lot. I could see that going either way though.
>>
>>28389801

The problem is its defensive capabilities Some people seem to think buffing its Offense is what needs to happen-- This is false. Here's some fixes:

>Bug resists Fairy (instead of the vice-versa)
>Bug resists Psychic (really this should've been a thing forever. Like, a bug shouldn't be able to be controlled by Psychic powers)
>Ghost no longer resists Bug (Doesn't make much sense. What, ghosts aren't afraid of Bugs? Okay? Neither are edgy Dark types?)
>>
>>28397577
>>28397577

>Paresect
>Good

Now I now you're joking, thanks
>>
>>28397607

I don't really see why Bug would resist Fairy-types. I do think that Grass should resist Fairy, justified with something like "fairies don't want to harm nature" or something.
>>
>>28389801
>small and fragile as fuck
>most people kill them without noticing
>they're seen as a huge bother
>even the poisonous ones can be dealt with if you're careful enough
>nobody but maniacs loves them
>they don't even have brains

Why are real life bugs so shit, and what can we do to fix them?
>>
>>28397607
Bug shouldn't resist fairy but agreed on the rest. It just doesn't make sense.
>>28397724
Now grass resisting fairy makes sense.
>>
>>28389994
Yeah fairy resisting bug is stupid.
It should take normal damage from bug.
Though I feel like grass should resist fairy since a lot of fairies have ties to nature so they don't want to destroy it.
>>
>>28397823
Fairy resists Bug simply because it was only added as a way to try balancing the metagame. Someone on GameFreak saw how much people used bug moves (despite checking which move it was, and it was fucking U-turn for obvious reasons) and decided to give it a nerf because fuck you.
>>
>>28397756
Hopefully nothing, there's a few species that would eat the whole goddamn world if they got a buff.
>>
>>28397694
It's got a significant niche in doubles in that it's the only thing that learns both Rage Powder and Wide Guard. It's also bulky enough to tank anything that isn't fire or flying, and gets Spore.
>>
>>28397883
>give Bug types a move to run away from combat because they can't take more than a single hit
>see this move is being used a lot
>nerf the entire type
Why is GameFreak like this?
>>
>>28397250

>It's not very effective...
>>
File: Arachnid.jpg (54KB, 720x320px) Image search: [Google]
Arachnid.jpg
54KB, 720x320px
>>28397756

We make them 100 times larger
>>
>>28391252
steel =/= electronics, see: mawile, scizor, skarmory, and so on and so forth.
>>
>bugfags STILL whining about their type getting no love after gen V

kill yourelf
>>
>>28397577
>the mega is good because of flying type and aerilate
>lol
>needed a mega, incredible minmaxing and adaptability to get to uu
>two x4 weaknesses lol
>secondary steel typing
>secondary steel typing
>lol
>ok
>ninjask is a shitmon even with speed boost
>lol
>ok
>secondary steel type but ok
>ok
>secondary steel type
>massive satk and speed plus great movepool
>legendary, secondary steel typing
You posted a grand total of two pure bugs.
Pinsir is shit without its mega and Accelgor is mediocre at best
Most of the others would be shit without the secondary type and some of them ARE shit like Shuckle or fucking Shedinja.
>>
>>28389801
1. bug type is the token 'weak' type, like dragon is the token 'strong' type and steel being the token 'wall' type.
2. its good defnesivly. it got plenty of resistance and the movepool to compensate for lack of offensive means. think startegicly, not on brute force theme.
>>
>>28399388

>plenty of resistance

3 resistances is not plenty.
>>
File: Vikavolt.full.2015793.jpg (686KB, 800x862px) Image search: [Google]
Vikavolt.full.2015793.jpg
686KB, 800x862px
who /vika/ here
>>
>>28399457
i stand corrected, but ground and fight are good resistances.
>>
>>28399006

>Shuckle bad
>b-but muh Sticky web and Sneaky pebbles
>>
>>28399006
don't mock my parasect. aromatherapy is great in any team. you think only damage output counts?
>>
File: Yanmega.jpg (87KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Yanmega.jpg
87KB, 512x512px
We need a mega-yanmega.
>>
>>28397756
Bugs (take as: arthropods) outnumber us probably billions to one and are the most successful animals on the planet ('s surface). Come again.
>>
-Psychic is SE on Fairy

- Psychic resists Fairy

- Bug now resists Fairy and Psychic and is no longer resisted by Fairy and Fire
- Fire no longer resists Fairy because Gamefreak's pets Charizard and Blaziken can fuck off and take SE damage.
>>
>>28400666
trips of misleading facts
bugs as a specias outnumber as
but instances of said specis are still weak as fuck. power in numbers doesn't count when the number max at 6 and batton pass is banned.
>>
>>28389953
>steel-bug actually being a decent combo
Only because Steel is OP.
>>
>>28400719
Bugs in the pokemon world are disproportionately huge. Stop using the example of real life things that are thousands of times smaller than us. I was pointing out the flawed logic of talking about real life bugs.
>>
>>28389801
>>Lowest average base stat total among all Pokémon and among fully evolved Pokémon

To be fair, a lot of starter route bugs bring the average down, and those like a number of early game mons tend to have much lower BSTs than the rest of the dex.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (10KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
10KB, 258x195px
>not doing a mono type bug run at least once

It's only the most fun you can have with the games.
>>
>>28397477
>The thing is Ghost is exactly good against 2 types.

Ghost really just needs more moves instead of being stuck with 80BP as the best attack for the whole damn type.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.