[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Alchemist 3.0

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 16

File: splash.png (769KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
splash.png
769KB, 512x384px
>What is this game? Pitch it to me op.
This is a game I've been developing on Essentials since December 2014. It's been just me and publicly available scripts/sprites. I've tried to make it as similar to the main
series games as possible, so no Fakemon. It's sort of a blend between Gens III, IV, and V. On that note the game has NOT been updated to Gen VI standards just yet. The game has all eight
Gyms and the Pokemon League, along with the postgame. I'd consider this big release! The last /vp/ thread was at the end of July, so it's been a while since the last beta.

>Story? Pokemon Available?
Main Story
It's a more traditional Pokemon story. The player, on an adventure, is swept into an evil teams plot to take over the region by ressurecting an ancient Pokemon, gathering things from throughout the region.
Along with the International Police, and some Gym Leaders, you try to stop their plot all over the Kamla region. There's some easter eggs regarding the teams past
throughout the game, so get hunting! In the postgame, a new Admin controls the remnants in an attempt to take over once more, with crazy plots the player has to stop.

Postgame
I break away from the traditional Pokemon story and sorta just do whatever I'm feeling like here. There are story arcs in every city but the hub in the postgame, all are creative and
a real departure from the mainline stuff. These are really experimental, and I'm interested in feedback on this stuff.

You should be able to capture every single Pokemon in Gen I - V when I've fully completed the game. Nearly all of them are in right now aside from some legendaries. You can see whats in the game in the Google Document below. Currently I'm thinking about implementing a Regional Dex and making the region more concise, rather than having a million Pokemon, I would
love feedback on this.

The thread died last night, so I'm gonna try again today. If this one doesn't work out I'll wait a bit longer.
>>
File: Route15.png (266KB, 797x935px) Image search: [Google]
Route15.png
266KB, 797x935px
>How can I download, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O7aBcpe4sbDAz0CsmxFUfOi7Xrs4YMhYhil4obMB-wI/edit
The game is not 100%, so be careful. I've been tinkering around with random parts of the game recently, and while I've tested them, stuff could still just go wrong. Be
careful! I'd like your feedback on anything really, from Routes and Towns to Difficulty.

I'll post some of my favorite maps and stuff too, if you guys would like. Or even some maps I think could be improved.
Thanks for testing!

If you end up completing the game, here's a Survey for you to take. I'm trying my hardest to improve the game.
Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/135RKwLXb6GYK9pMjXF8sU2NBFmdIJ3_jayRXfxCom1w/edit?usp=drive_web

Again, with all the hype around sun/moon the thread might just die again but we'll see. Hoping it doesn't.
>>
Downloading this now. Been meaning to play a pokemon game for a while now till sun and moon. Tried to replay hgss, but after the first gym i was already done with it.
>>
File: Ocean.png (190KB, 1120x932px) Image search: [Google]
Ocean.png
190KB, 1120x932px
>>28383871
Hope you enjoy it.

For those of you that played previous betas, if you'd like to keep your save data...
I’ve added a é to the title of the game, changing it from Pokemon Alchemist to Pokémon Alchemist. If you want to keep your saved data from previous releases,
go to users > name > saved games and change the the Pokemon to Pokémon

Also, for those who are new. If you beat the game and show a screenshot of your Hall of Fame, I'll add it to the imgur gallery and you can put something minor in the game. A lot of people were asking for items they wanted in the main story, for example.
>>
There are threads dedicated to hacks and fan games, asshat. Use them.
>>
File: aaaag.png (44KB, 141x130px) Image search: [Google]
aaaag.png
44KB, 141x130px
>how do we know this isn't a virus, op
>>
>>28384194
Had to copy the fonts, but im loving the options menu options. Here i go to start my journey!
>>
File: Virus.png (77KB, 1388x756px) Image search: [Google]
Virus.png
77KB, 1388x756px
>>28384217
I'm very well aware of this, I've browsed /heg/ for ages. There was quite an uproar recently when Max was using it to post lots of info about his game. It's much better to just use individual threads, plus that's what I've traditionally done anyways.

>>28384232
Does this help? There's also old threads on the google doc that could serve as testimonials.
>>
>>28384441
Awesome, thanks.
>>
>>28384441
So is it impossible to get into oak's house? The tiles in front of his house are unwalkable
>>
>>28384549
Oak's house isn't essential, but that is a weird glitch. It came out of the big tileset change I did recently. On that note...

I mentioned this earlier, but I completely went through the games graphical tilesets, to reduce lag, the filesize, etc.
This means everything completely changes, movement permissions, placement, whatever.
This makes it really hard to completely test everything, so chances are some stuff slipped through the cracks. Please inform me if there’s any issues.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to post this. If you don't understand the jargon, it basically means I edited all the graphics of my game, and in turn it affected the 'walkability' of certain tiles. It seems Oak's house was a minor thing effected by this.
>>
>>28384631
Ah, about tilesets. I think you should make the character sprites fit the Gen 4 style. The trainer characters also need to look more than just Red and Leaf. It's pretty great so far, though!
>>
>>28384631
Ok! That works! Would you like me to make a notepad txt document with things i find and send it to you when i beat the game?
>>
>>28384772
Also, the female trainer's backsprite is very glitchy and unfinished.
>>
File: trback000.png (17KB, 640x234px) Image search: [Google]
trback000.png
17KB, 640x234px
>>28384772
>>28384829
I'm not a spriter at all, and it sucks leaf doesn't have a backsprite. If there's any spriters out there willing to make a backsprite like this, but for Leaf, that would be amazing! Alternatively, I think I have a May one lying around somewhere I could use. Currently it's not a big priority, since it's still Beta, but that's something I want to get fixed down the line.

>>28384787
If the threads still up you could post them here. I'd prefer that because If they're big issues I could address them and post updates. You could send me a message too, I have a steam group and Relic Castle.
>>
>>28383284
So where is this going up? Gamejolt? Mediafire?
>>
>>28385081
So im on the first route, went to mountain town and bought some pokeballs, go into battle to catch something but when i go to the pokeball section of the bag it wont let me because "i have no usable items"
>>
>>28384217
>There are threads dedicated to hacks and fan games
Yeah and this is one of them.
Get over yourself
>>
>>28385081
And hitting the battle items throws an exception
>>
>>28385152
It's up on Google Drive. In the future I'll have it on Relic Castle and Pokecommunity

>>28385299
>>28385272
Hmm, let me see. It was working fine last time I checked but I recently updated some stuff, which could effect these things.
>>
File: working.png (106KB, 516x413px) Image search: [Google]
working.png
106KB, 516x413px
I've released an update that fixes some stuff that I overlooked, this update is VERY IMPORTANT!

Sadly there was a conflict between two cool scripts, so the BW2 bag script had to go.
Sorry for those of you who downloaded the game this early, and have to redownload.
>>
>>28385786
Thanks!
>>
Bump, great to see you again, Alchdev!
>>
>>28385081
first rule of spriting
SHADE
>>
first gym down! Huge power marill is amaaaaaazing so far. out leveling my starter treeko. cant wait to see what other pokemon there are for me to catch
>>
>>28385081
I'd change the throwing arm of that third sprite a bit, as a tiny nitpick -- it looks kind of like a noodle. I think it's the way it connects to the body that makes it look off, and the bend is a little weird.

That said though this is still an impressive undertaking.
>>
>>28383284
Not right now, but I will definitely get this. Traditional game with no fakemon and normal story? Small unrelated lore expanding post game plots? Sounds great
>>
>>28388210
Honestly this, just a normal but fan-made Pokemon game is honestly a breath of fresh air.
>>
File: Icepick.png (226KB, 959x938px) Image search: [Google]
Icepick.png
226KB, 959x938px
>>28386863
Glad to see people remember me and are coming back!

>>28387674
>>28388175
Again, I'm just not a spriter. That's a publicly available backsprite. The noodle arm doesn't look that bad in game because it's just for a frame or two though.

>>28388126
Happy to see you're having fun.

>>28388210
It's sad Fangames get this awful notion for their bad stories, fakemon, etc. I'm glad other people share my desire for a normal, not ridiculous fangame.
>>
>>28388502
Post so nice it went through twice, dev.
>>
>>28388502
here
>>
>>28383284
watch this shit get ceased and desist by Nintendo, like pokemon uranium
>>
Another glitch, i got surf, started surfing and found some sort of tide that pushes you in one direction, my character hopped off and is now stuck on the tide and it wont let me surf again
>>
>>28388916
Uranium never got a C&D, they took it down before it had a chance to. Still hate that basically all fanworks get takedowns, though.
>>
I'm not going to be home for a bit but I'll keep posting here.

>>28388570
I messed up a reply the first time lol.

>>28389333
Very interesting bug, I'll take a look at it later. The tide is water so I have no idea what caused that. Can you walk around, maybe start surfing again?

>>28388750
Thanks, I'll implement it for the next update. I wasn't baiting though lol, I'm genuinely no good at spriting. Wait till you see some of my recolors, good lord.
>>
>>28389553
for the tide, it wont let me move anywhere, and forces me to look in the direction that the tide is pushing. but i can go into my bag. good thing i save often
>>
I'd like to play, but the game stutters to hell when I try. I'm assuming that it's something with essentials though, my computer should be able to run it no problem. But it looks good from what I've seen, and it's a good concept.
>>
>>28389579
The fact that you can access the bag means it wasn't a freeze, so I have a good idea of what the issue is / how to fix. Great thing you did save though.

>>28389648
Essentials isn't the best optimized, but if its so bad it's unplayable it's a computer thing yeah.
>>
>>28389648
>>28389933
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonuranium/comments/4xxc2o/fixing_lag_for_pokemon_uranium/
Do this, but with Alchemist. Cheat Engine's speedhack is a godsend for essentials games.
>>
Big question nobody has asked..

Is there a physical/special split?
>>
>>28390193
there is. played through first gym.
>>
Forgot to mention this in the OP, but for anyone who beats the game post a picture of your Hall of Fame. I'll include it in the imgur gallery, and you can get something minor in the game. A lot of people have been asking for useful items, for example.

>>28389961
I had a friend try and use cheatengine before but couldn't properly get it to work. He's probably an idiot though, since that seems really straightforward.

>>28390193
Gen V mechanics.
>>
>>28390538
I was wondering, is there any way I can change the control configuration? The arrows in my keyboard are fucked up.
>>
>>28390538
Cheatengine can be really complicated and you can do a lot with it, but it can also pull off some really simple tricks like this. Good for speeding up grinding too if you turn off battle animations set the style to set.
>>
>>28389961
Worked like a charm, thanks anon!

I am slightly disappointed that setting it 500x speed didn't really work though.
>>
File: Capture1.png (8KB, 470x232px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
8KB, 470x232px
>>28383284
first one i found i chose the female sprite and got called a boy
respect my life choices anon
>>
>>28390577
I think someone figured out how to in a previous thread, but I cant remember exactly how to.

>>28391937
Thanks, I think it'll be a quick fix.

>>28391285
And the record for fastest speedrun goes to...
>>
File: Capture2.png (16KB, 433x233px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
16KB, 433x233px
>>28392237
I didn't think to print screen it as it was happening but this npc's pathing was blocking brendans exit and causing the enter/exit building sound to loop until they moved out of the way
>>
>>28392237
Thanks, I'll try scavenging around the archives to find it.
>>
>>28391285
I'm happy I was able to help! Saved me from lag hell, mostly. Still chugs a bit entering a new area but it's a lot better than it was.

>>28392466
If you do please post it here. Hello, I'm the "my keys are scrambled" anon from x billion years ago. (In my case... Hitman Pro doesn't like anything not added to its exclusions list. I've fixed it, at least.)
>>
File: Nori.png (270KB, 1217x797px) Image search: [Google]
Nori.png
270KB, 1217x797px
>>28392416
This isn't really a big issue since it doesn't break the game, and quickly will fix itself. Thanks for the heads up though.

>>28393564
I remember something like this, did you ever end up getting it to work?
>>
File: comfy.png (76KB, 511x410px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
76KB, 511x410px
>>28394705
Yeah, I had to fiddle with some things on my end. Knew it was a local issue, and glad I can name things now.

This is an old screenshot from a thread x months back. It actually shows up in the comfy threads sometimes and /heg/ too, hence the name.
>>
>page 8
Have a bump.
>>
I'll give you a page 9 bump and if its not here tomorrow I'll be asking about it
>>
File: Route17.png (188KB, 866x935px) Image search: [Google]
Route17.png
188KB, 866x935px
>>28395256
Cool to see people love that shot so much.

>>28397832
>>28396355
Thanks for the bumps.
With the Sun/Moon stuff board activity has increased (50 posts here in 1 day, wow), but it also allows for the thread to die pretty easily.
>>
File: Capture3.png (21KB, 595x319px) Image search: [Google]
Capture3.png
21KB, 595x319px
>>28397982
so i was running it full screen mode when i realized that the lines that seperate tiles were really visible that way so i went into the option to switch out of fullscreen and as i scrolled down i got this error
>>
File: River.png (213KB, 1090x641px) Image search: [Google]
River.png
213KB, 1090x641px
>>28398106
Really weird, to be honest I have absolutely no idea what that error means or how to even begin addressing it. I'll test the options menu some more tomorrow.

I'm going to head to bed for the night, hoping the thread survives!
>>
>>28383284
Sun and Moon
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.