[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon issues (1st world problem)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: ub-01.png (61KB, 182x300px) Image search: [Google]
ub-01.png
61KB, 182x300px
Help console me back into Pokemon. It feels like every new game I come back to it but I can never keep interested in it full time, I like compeititve batlting but It's also what turned me away
>Only a small group of pokemon are "good"
>this group gets smaller every gen, because most new pokemon suck
>you can't really battle with the pokemon you like if they're too weak
>every new gen, you need to completely remake your teams for the new metagame, which is very impersonal and kind of tedious since it needs to be done so often

I don't want to offend anyone who likes this, but I get really annoyed breeding, training and all that's needed to get a good pokemon... only to end up with a pokemon that's too weak to actually win with, and needing to REMAKE it again every new game. It's like, I can't just use the Blaziken I made in gen 3 (first pokemon I EV trained as a kid), because the gen 5 Blaziken is far superior.

It's really complicated, the only option for me is pokemon showdown which is GREAT but I much rather prefer playing on my 2ds than a computer

And it doesn't help that I think literally every pokemon design is cool or has a redeeming quality, so I can't get enough but yeah, for all the problems listed I find it hard to play pokemon BUT I CANNOT go back to being casual... Idk If I should quit or try my best to stay
>>
>>28379405
nah, how about you just fuck off already.
it would be best for everyone
>>
anyone
>>
>>28379405
>only a small group of pokemon are good
go play mystery dungeon >>28373688
>>
>>28379405
>Only a small group of pokemon are "good"
That is just not true. Tiers exist for a reason.

You can use almost any pokémon and do well, just gotta know what you're doing and play in the right bracket.
>>
>>28379405
That is the worst written OP I've seen in ages.

I'll give you a (you) though:

Pokemon is a game where you adventure through an analogue of a real place and learn about the world by capturing monsters that act as analogues of wildlife and culture from the real world that are included in the region to illustrate it's atmosphere and culture. That is the game, that is what it's about.

Competitively is a separate thing and there are literally no Pokemon that are completely nonviable if you're any good.
Competitive Pokemon is about team balance and it's not insanely complicated. If you can't come up with a a decent team then you're not cut out for it.
Plus, "bad" Pokemon like Pachirisu, Machamp, Rotom-Fan and other have won the vgc world championships.
>>
>>28380310
>>28380304
How do I get better at it? I have a friend who wins a lot of battles and competes in tournaments with weaker pokemon but she is literally autistic, has memorized every move each pokemon can learn and it's her #1 hobby.
>>
>>28380386
I got really into it a while ago and realised I was wasting my time. It depends.
If you're gung-ho on actually being the best in the world then you have to just play it all the time like a fucking freak. If you want to be sort of alright just make sure you know how everything works and try out a few teams.

I'd recommend playing through Sun or Moon the way you're meant to; rotating your team regularly and using as many Pokemon as possible. You'll know most of the moves and abilities by the end of the story and you'll get a good idea of which Pokemon cover each other and what they can learn. That's the basics you're supposed to pick up by playing anyway.
>>
being this new
>play the game,
>learn how it works,
>catch a pokemon you like,
>learn it's traits
>build a team that supports that pokemon
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.