[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tfw it was my first Pokemon game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_XD_Gale_of_Darkness_(NA).jpg (161KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_XD_Gale_of_Darkness_(NA).jpg
161KB, 718x1000px
Tfw it was my first Pokemon game
>>
>>28370427
>XD
Fuck off and die.
>>
>>28370427
>playing X'D
nothin personnel
>>
File: le meme XD.jpg (95KB, 459x500px) Image search: [Google]
le meme XD.jpg
95KB, 459x500px
>>28370526
>>28370595
>>
It's my favorite Pokémon game
>>
>>28370655
Is that a joke
>>
>>28372476
It's genuinely fun though. Not as harsh a starting difficulty as Colosseum, but it did a GREAT job of setting up Gen 4's cross-gen evos.
>>
>>28372476
No, I love the idea of not needing gyms to have a coherent story, and Cipher is really intimidating for an evil team. Also the visuals are very tasty.

If you don't like it, though, that's fine. It's obviously not without its flaws, like some of the dated Stadium models and the different art style.
>>
>>28370427
Same, bro. No regrets
>Tfw salamence was technically your first Pokémon ever.
>>
>>28370427
tfw I got into Rejuvenation solely by having the Shadow Pokemon mechanics and for wanting Reborn level challenge
>>
Colosseum and Smile Meme were great spinoff games, I really liked the Shadow mechanic and the selection of available Pokemon was really well done. A few really good ones, but nearly every option was viable.
>>
>>28372476
Colosseum and XD have better story-lines than any of the mainline games.

The graphics are still better than any of the mainline games after 11 years.

The lack of wild Pokemon was the only real letdown but it was understandable considering the shadow plot. In XD I would have liked to see a few more wild spots with a bit more variety, but the shadow mechanic is the whole point of the series so it's reasonable.
>>
>>28370526
>>28370595
Kill yourselves memester fags, Pokemon XD is a legitimately good game.
>>
>>28373015
Not him.

No offense, anon, but it isn't exactly hard to have a story better than the mainline games. Like, only Pokemon games with actual good story so far I played was the Mystery Dungeon series
>>
>>28373061
>No offense, anon, but it isn't exactly hard to have a story
Why would I be offended I completely agree, it still stands that their story-lines are far better than the shit smashed together with gyms that we've gotten for 20 years.

I have only really played Red Mystery Dungeon from that series and I remember the story being incredible.

The mainline games try too hard to stick to a formula and every story comes out trash.
>>
>>28370427
I don't know, I never liked them. Both games feel like a slog and are excruciatingly slow during battle
>>
>>28370427
My too. I played it for 30 minutes, then download Platinum and never go back to this.
>>
>>28373163
fucking this
I thought these games were cool as shit when I played them at 9 or so. Came back and played this summer and these games are slower than all hell. The inability to save in Colosseum except at a PC is the most retarded thing ever included in a Pokemon game IMO
>>
>>28373784
>>28373163
Have to agree that the slow battles is part of the downside to these games. The animations play out a bit longer than necessary.

The other thing I have a problem with is specific to Colosseum:

THE FUCKING NUMBER OF AVAILABLE POKEMON IS TOO LOW. Yeah, you can trade with the GBA games, but you'll still be stuck with a limit of ~40 pokemon.

Thankfully, XD fixed this, and I've been meaning to replay it so I can get all my Shadow mons transferred up to the point where they can be banked in wait for Sun/Moon.
>>
>>28370526
Kys
>>
>>28370427
It's a good one. Did you play colosseum?
>>
>>28372521
>>28372630
>>28373015

Yeah, I like it too. I asked if it was a joke because I'm used to reading people shit all over it
>>
>>28374201
Nope, I was a little kid when it came out and didn't know much about games. My dad got it for me, with the special edition Gamecube.
>>
>>28374012
Transfer a shit ton of Nincada, evolve them all to where you get the bonus shedinja, and voila you have double the number you originally had
>>
>>28374232
There are only two people who have anything negative to say about these games

>children who didn't play it
>meme spouters
>>
>>28374259
Hmm... Never thought of that, actually. Gonna have to remember that now. Still wish it didn't require outside influence to make work, but Colosseum wasn't exactly the best planned out game.
>>
>>28374251
I definitely recommend buying colosseum. It's a little pricy now but worth it if you're interested in it.
>>
>>28374313
I probably will at some point. I think I read once that it has more of a story than Gale of Darkness
>>
>>28374313
>>28374251
Adding to this, if you have a GC compatible Link Cable, try to get one of the preorder bonus discs for Colosseum. It's pretty much infinite Jirachi.
>>
>>28370427
Enjoy your ban
>>
>>28374405
Both are about the same, to be honest. People prefer Colliseum though because Wes the MC is preferred over Gale of Darkness' MC
>>
>>28374549
You're so fucking funny bruh what's your youtube channel so I can subscribed?

Do you vine?
>>
>>28374549
>>28370427
ROASTED OOOOOOOOH
>>
>>28374313
Just emulate it on Dolphin. All the stuff is probably second hand by now anyway.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.