[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing pokemon IN PUBLIC

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (15KB, 205x144px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 205x144px
>playing pokemon IN PUBLIC
>>
>>28367392
I'm planning to do this at the city park on SM's release date. I have barely any friends at uni and maybe this way I can meet a cute girl.
>>
File: Cheeto pupper.jpg (89KB, 773x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cheeto pupper.jpg
89KB, 773x960px
>caring about what other people think of you
>>
File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
>>28367392
Lots of people are doing it, OP.
>>
its a tradition for me to play pokemon in public with the speakers all the way up

>be me in highschool
>xy just came out so i play it on my ds at the loudest setting
>all the fucking chads and shit leave my radius
>attract over cool people and become friends with them
>>
>>28367426
>>28367417
Have fun being made fun of

>>28367421
Yea, those are called autists
>>
>>28367444
if i get made fun of i just say >implying? and they get pretty confused and leave me alone
>>
>>28367444
By who? People who won't matter to you after graduation? You'll learn this lesson eventually, young one.
>>
File: simonalmostspitsoutcoke.gif (1020KB, 298x236px) Image search: [Google]
simonalmostspitsoutcoke.gif
1020KB, 298x236px
>>28367417
>caring about what other people think of you
>Says this while having a trip code
>>
>>28367444
>made fun of
I know you're still in high school, so this is a foreign idea to you, but literally no one cares as long as your volume isn't on or you're shouting at the game or somehow else bringing attention to yourself.
>>
>>28367493
>coke
>pepsi symbol on cup
>>
>>28367444
>"only autists play Go"
>autists
>autists=normies

As opposed to most people on here, who only play the main series? I'm pretty sure we're the autists, anon.
>>
>implying anyone would even give a fuck about what you're playing in public, as long as you keep it to yourself

>b-but I'll get made fun of!
:^(

You will, but only mentally, because no one would have the actual balls to harass someone on the bus for playing a video game to pass the time. No one cares.

t. Anon who wants people to have fun
>>
>>28367444
>Yea, those are called autists

dude, there was a point in time where half of L.A. was at santa monica pier at night just to catch pokemon during the day and at night.
>>
>>28367555
>wasted trips on a mong who can't comprehend a joke
>>
File: Raichu.jpg (140KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Raichu.jpg
140KB, 500x500px
>Playing Pokemon in public
>Doing anything that isn't harmful to others
>>
But seriously, people wont respect you if you play pokemon. Its better to avoid looking like a manchild. I bet none of you would even have the balls to play it in a public setting.
>>
>>28367444
I'm pretty confident that you, in particular, are probably made fun of regardless of whether you play pokemon or not.
>>
I get on /vp/ in public. I'm pretty sure Pokemon is no worse.
>>
File: Smug Anime Girl.jpg (11KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Anime Girl.jpg
11KB, 260x260px
>It's the cringe thread guy again
>>
>>28367717
Who are these people?
I mean, if you pull your 3DS out in a business meeting, that's one thing, but why would you need the respect of people you ride public transport with?
I'm not sure if you've ever regularly ridden the bus/subway in a major city, but you'll see some shit that makes a dude playing his 3DS be nothing at all to think about in no time.
>>
>>28367717
I went to a restaraunt with my fiance a couple months ago. Ordered food, whipped out our 3DS' and battled each other for a good long while.
>>
>>28367777
Thats definetly cringey. 2bh I'd probably laugh at you if I was there
>>
I saw a bunch of people play it at my old college.

I play on my 2DS in the bus or in breaks at school or work and never got negative comments over it, nor do I really give a fuck.
>>
In my european third world country it is absolutely haram to play on any Nintendo console in public
>>
>>28367850
It would depend on the tier of the restaurant for me. If it's shitty like an Applebee's, no big deal. I'd laugh if it was a nice place though, especially if it was like a formal attire kinda place.
>>
File: 1460265149150.png (302KB, 521x472px) Image search: [Google]
1460265149150.png
302KB, 521x472px
>>28367392
who cares

I'm having fun
>>
I got my first girlfriend because we both played Pokemon after school.

Chicks dig confidence.
>>
>>28367887
Isn't that more because it would get stolen then because it's a social faux pas, though?
>>
>>28367894

It's probably because she's a cool girl who's into nerdy hobbies like my friends.

Normie Stacy girls will just think you're an autist.
>>
>>28367493
When you think about it, having a trip is saying you don't care because you can make a mistake and it'll be held against you forever here.
>>
>>28367890

Nah, fancy place is better. The waiters are actually kind of challenging, then.
>>
>>28367894
You guys must look like total losers. No offense.
>>
>>28367911
Noone's going to steal it. It's a faux pass because nintendo's market has been shrinking a lot the last years and anyone still buying nintendo products instead of the newest smartphone with f2p shitware, looks like a weido.
It is greece
>>
>>28367731
>going on 4chan in public
You're right that's way worse
>>
>>28367890
>>28367850

It was a Cookout.
>>
>>28367981
So it is because someone will steal it.
>>
>>28367392
Pokemon is as normalfag friendly as capeshit now. its no longer our super sekrit club
>>
>>28367999
We recently had one of those open up near where I live, is it any good?
>>
>>28368035
For a fast food place, yeah. Their 5 dollar tray is a pretty good deal.
>>
Genuine question here. Why do you guys play pokemon in public if you know its looked down on? People will think youre a manchild.
>>
>>28368026
The pokegirl threads need to step it up to keep us safe from the shitter hordes
>>
>>28367894
True, but she thinks it's a fun little hobby you have.

You browse fucking /vp/. If she knew you were THIS into it, it'd be a different story.
>>
>>28368070
Because it's not. The average normie hardly even knows what a 3DS is.
>>
I think the only girls pokemon players attract are ugly as sin sjw tumblrinas
>>
>>28368035
You get quite a bit for a little, and the milkshakes are top notch.

And they don't give a fuck if you play Pokemon, Magic, whatever, as long as you order and don't scare customers.
>>
>>28368070
Because it is a good woman repellent. Nowadays you can be put in jail for disagreeing with a woman.

Why risk that? Plus I get sick RNG rolls.
>>
>>28368113
You can also order any flavor combo you want if it's reasonable. I get a peanut butter banana shake all the time and it's not on the menu.
>>
>>28368085
>If she knew you were THIS into it, it'd be a different story
Honestly tho eople only come here to get mad and sperg. And fap
>>
>>28368070
No one gives a fuck. Unless you're playing something in the vein of monster monpiece with the soundup they won't care.
>>
>>28368026

>normalfag friendly

Is this a new meme? It's a rarity to find someone who knows any Pokémon after gen 1.

>"XD oh Anon I just know Pikachu!"
>>
>>28367392

Pokémon is nothing to be ashame of.
>>
>>28367392
>being this ashamed of playing a video game
>>
>>28368026
>its no longer our super sekrit club
It was never like this ever
>>
>>28368066
>>28368113
>>28368141
Nice, I'll check it out next time I'm grabbing something. Thanks.
>>
>>28368141
Yep! I get chocolate-peach a lot.

So, Tripfag, if you can stand Christian pop, Cookout's great.
>>
>>28368185
This. I just don't understand where this idea that Pokemon was ever this unheard-of niche title and not one of the most popular video game franchises for as long as it's been around came from.
I understand some of you were teased in middle/high school for continuing to play pokemon after Pokemania died, and it's frustrating to have normies get interested in "your thing" again, but let it go.
>>
>plays poke crystal at school and get to know the nerds who actually chill when not sperging out
>still popular because good on the football and swimming team
Life at high school was the shit. I had near zero small/ice breaker skills but being gud at sports somehow compensated my lack of everything else
>>
>>28368070
The average person is looking at their phone pretty often, no one cares if you're on your DS instead
>>
>>28367965
>you guys must look like losers
Anon, do YOU have a gf? Because guess what? He's doing what he likes AND he has a gf who enjoys it too. Dude, he's living the life. I'd love to have a gf who plays Pokemon...that being said, I'd love to just have a gf in general...
>>
>>28368235
I'm in the bible belt, so I hear it a lot already. Sounds like a good deal for me.
>>
>>28368070
>>28368271
If it bothers you that much you can just get a mobile emulator. Or play new games
>>
>>28367444

How old are you?
>>
>>28367392
>>28367444
Are you the same retarded autist that posts pictures of couples holding pokemon merchandise taking pictures together in cringe threads? You're the only one here getting made fun of for being a mentally handicapped sperg
>>
Op here. After reading some of your replies, I can kinda see the reasonijg behind it. But I still wouldnt be caught dead playing pokemon. I'm a pretty serious looking man and I would just look ludacris playing a childrens game. Besides, my collegues wouldnt take me seriously anymore and neither would any girl I like. I'll still order sun and moon though, but online as always.
>>
I remember in middle school, other people will mock you for playing in public.

I went to a "nerdy" high school, this was when Gen 4 was brand new, and actually made friends by playing Diamond.

In college almost no one gave a shit about what you play or what devices you have, unless it was an outdated mobile phone. It was pretty much the only way to get mocked.
>>
>>28368434
>I'm a pretty serious looking man
I just wanna pinch your cheek anon
>>
>>28368434
Wait, you and these other guys were serious? All these years I legitimately thought these posts were just shitposting.
>>
>>28368488
no, these are real sissies who think they look manly and are too scared to enjoy things they like in front of other people
>>
>>28367392
I have 1 free hour before going to work. So yeah might as well.
>>
File: 1471504842526.png (108KB, 680x679px) Image search: [Google]
1471504842526.png
108KB, 680x679px
Nice one OP. I'm sure you go to /pol/ to shit it up with your leftist ideals.
>>
>>28367392
Some kid was playinng XY in my mechanic class and i knew what city he was in without looking at the screen
>>
>>28368434
I can't understand the mentality behind this. Why would anyone restrain themselves this much?
>>
How self-centered do you have to be to think the average strange gives even a single fuck about what another person is doing as long as it doesn't affect them?
>>
>>28367999
>>28368035
>>28368113
>>28368141
Richmond, KY? anyone here? Brendan, Carl? is that you?
>>
>>28368638
low self esteem that leads them to care way too much about what strangers think about them playing a video game
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.