[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Exploding Rats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Bomb Rat Starters.jpg (552KB, 3312x2552px) Image search: [Google]
Bomb Rat Starters.jpg
552KB, 3312x2552px
What do you think of this Rat-based Pokémon? It's a pure type because I can't think of anything that fits it's explosive nature.

Sorry if the last stage is awkward looking.
>>
>>28365267
>4 legs to bipidel
it's shit

Get rid of 3rd stage or make that its own thing

Also fire type
>>
>>28365267
first stage is literally rattata
>>
>>28365267
Uh
http://smiley-fakemon.deviantart.com/art/4-Dynamouse-313384559
http://smiley-fakemon.deviantart.com/art/5-Pyrode-313434090
http://smiley-fakemon.deviantart.com/art/6-Raxplode-313853792
>>
>>28365427
Yeah I didn't think this through. Trying to think my own bomb rat line.
>>
>>28365267
I really really like the concept and the names. That said, some criticisms:
- Tail looks the exact same for all three stages
- The colors / patterns seem like they're supposed to communicate something but to me they seem just kind of haphazard. If Dynamaus is a stick of dynamite, maybe give it a longer body rather than one that tapers. Is Explodent supposed to be a rocket? I think it has a little too much going on in its face.
- Pyrat's design is just really on the nose. Do your best to make it look like a rat that resembles a bomb, rather than a bomb with rat face / legs. Maybe even use some pics of hamsters as references since they're already basically ball-shaped.
Keep at it, these have a lot of potential! Looks like something I'd love to pick up early in the game.
>>
>>28365427
except that's houndour/houndoom
>>
File: pet-rat-standing-on-hind-legs.jpg (25KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
pet-rat-standing-on-hind-legs.jpg
25KB, 473x473px
>>28365356
>a picture of something standing on its back legs means its bipedal

Have you ever seen a rat? They stand up all the time. I guess pic related means irl rats are bipedal tho... who knew?
>>
>>28365267
cyndaquil?
>>
>>28365267
Design:
>stage 0 is good
>stage 1 is too similar to stage 0. It needs to build on the concept in smoke meaningful way, not switch out the abdomen for a stick of dynamite.
>stage 2 needs the most work, it also doesn't seem "big" enough to me. Needs another layer of conceptual development from stage 1 to stage 2

Naming
>Pyrat is perfect
>Dynamouse is more perfect, but going from rat to mouse might bee too inconsistent. Then again croconaw-feraligatr exists so. Maybe you're fine.
>Explodent is annoying to say and should be scrapped for something better

Overall not bad op, these are my opinions hopefully they're useful to you
>>
>>28365267
Explodent's name is perfect
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.