[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>VGC bans cute mons of base 600 that can be defeated by most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: sucks.jpg (39KB, 720x548px) Image search: [Google]
sucks.jpg
39KB, 720x548px
>VGC bans cute mons of base 600 that can be defeated by most fully evolved Pokémon just because they're mythical
>Allows Primal Groudon, Mega Mom and Land Genie who are game breakers and are seen on every team
Why do people play VGC again?
>>
>>28363607
shut up and get in the damn robot shinji
>>
File: Killyourself.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Killyourself.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>Cowards don´t deserve anything in life.
>>
File: rei.jpg (43KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
rei.jpg
43KB, 640x480px
[indifference intensifies]
>>
>>28363607
yes 2016 was a good season to skip, which I did
>>
>>28363607
Because it's an excuse to travel and make friends and possibly win money?
>>
>>28363607
It's not a balance change, it's because a legit player could hypothetically not have fair access to them while everyone else does. I don't know who the FUCK would be going into VGC but isn't enough of a fan to get mythicals, but whatever. That's why the rule is there though.
>>
File: 1472128600618.jpg (30KB, 400x367px) Image search: [Google]
1472128600618.jpg
30KB, 400x367px
>>28363607
>>
>>28363671
Makoto should have listened.
>>
>>28364500
But Mewtwo is also banned, which everyone has fair access to.
>>
I just dropped VGC this year, whoever thought allowing box legendaries and the fucking Primals in was a paint drinking idiot

I mean who doesn't love seeing Primals on every fucking team!
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mskqdj60WE1r59zzo.png (133KB, 287x326px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mskqdj60WE1r59zzo.png
133KB, 287x326px
>>28363607
>Winner gets bomb-ass Pikachu trophy
For bragging rights, Ikari-kun.
>>
>>28364592
lol no its not, it's perfectly legal, it's just shit in vgc16

the one you should be complaining about is deoxys, which is catchable in oras but still not legal because of legacy or whatever
>>
>>28364592
No it isn't. The only things banned are event exclusive and deo formes.
>>
>>28364605
Still better than Landorus Therian Forme on every team.
>>
>phione banned because muh event availability

>yet Zoroark was allowed in the VGC before BW2 came out despite being event only

Explain this VGCfags.
>>
File: eva-01_e_102.png (604KB, 865x713px) Image search: [Google]
eva-01_e_102.png
604KB, 865x713px
>>28363607
Don't you have a robutt to pilot?
>>
Smeargle is the real cancer.
>>
>>28364605
It's not unprecedented. They did it in 2010 with HGSS.

Honestly, I think it's a pretty great idea to allow box legendaries in VGC for a gen's last year. Wish they'd allow event legendaries, too.
>>
I don't into Competitive at all, why is landorus t so good? By what everyone says sounds like the fucking best Mon of all time
>>
>>28365105
this
>>
>>28365040
It can be bred and traded, silly dummy dum.
>>
>>28364592
Dude i literally saw someone using a Mewtwo in VGC stop pulling shit out of your ass
>>
>>28365261
91 base speed let's it outspeed some coon stuff in VGC even without a scarf
140 base attack stab boosted EQ
Inmune to ground and electric
Intimidate gives it more bulk because on VGC switches aren't that common
Rock slide, knock off, u turn, super power, decent special attack and move pool to do a special gimmick, fucking EXPLOSION.

252 Atk Choice Band Landorus-T Explosion vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Primal Kyogre: 189-223 (107.3 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
File: 1470624704883.jpg (18KB, 354x373px) Image search: [Google]
1470624704883.jpg
18KB, 354x373px
>Doubles
Why do people play this again?
>>
>>28365261
Intimidate working against all foes and extrending the teammates longevity and letting them more chances to attack the opponent that will be either forced to switch or do less damage and get hit back, Gravity, muh mentum, Rock Slide 30% flinch, immunities, it's the perfect partner for many pokemon.

It's like a genie Cresselia, versatile.
>>
I skipped the oras seasons cause oras was garbage but vgc is years better than smogon singles partly because of how idiotic smogon is now and how doubles are much faster
>>
>>28366617
Prize money
Doubles is legit fun though, though I don't play it I find it really fun to watch. Both Smogon Doubles OU and any format of VGC. Even though VGC 16 was crazy with the legendaries, everyone being forced to play around them made it interesting.
>>
File: 1396059817882.png (116KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1396059817882.png
116KB, 600x448px
>>28366617
Because they are legit more relevant and competitive than Singles where you can either switch back and forth until turn 100 or win with a single set up mon, Doubles prevents this and does take a fair ammount of time per battle. Plus forces the player to make actual difficult decisions and learn the risk and reward mechanics, also benefits from the Item Clause and invites you to build specific EVs distributions and cores, promotes a bunch of different attacks and adds some new use spectres for Pokemon usually known for doing only the same bullshit. Even if the players have the same team members their EVs spreads and movesets or strategies may vary.
Unlike in the 6v6 Singles you don't just pick your standard ELO hell hazard setter or whatever, same in 3v3 Singles since you end doing mindgames and predictions from the team preview, trying to reach the best core to correctly answer any opponents team combos by picking a limited ammount of members for a battle out of 6.

It's true that it happens players share their teams that end being popular but this is mostly because the Doubles community has a lower ammount of players interested in tournaments and group based teambuilding, even then each country / macroregion end up having their own predominant signature teams. I do remember I have met a group of VGC people that are friends of other friends not interested in VGC, they travel around the country for meetups and own organized tours with money prize at local vidya stores, most of them end up building teams together so there's also a higher chance for them to rappresent their group in the official tours.

This is why shitters dislike it, people who hate losing or have no patience to learn avoid similar metas.

Hope you are satisfied with this (You).
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.