[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FUCKING CONFIRMED MOON-ONLY

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 4

File: fomantis.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fomantis.png
125KB, 500x500px
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-au/pokemon/fomantis/

Fomantis is nocturnal, and it performs photosynthesis while it sleeps during the day by spreading out its leaves in all directions. Because of the danger of staying in the same location two days in a row, Fomantis begins its search for the next day’s spot as soon as the sun sets.

For Fomantis, photosynthesis is not just a source of energy—it is a necessity to achieve the strength and brilliant coloration of its evolved form. Photosynthesis is precious to Fomantis, and it will fiercely attack those who get in the way of that process.

Fomantis excel at long-range attacks like Razor Leaf and Solar Beam. Solar Beam is indeed a powerful move, but since it uses up the energy that the Pokémon has stored through photosynthesis, Fomantis rarely uses it.
>>
Seems fair, probably bounsweet is the sun exclusive.
>>
>>28360182
>Wait 12 hours in pokeman sun
>Catch it
>>
So like Gumshoos and Raticate, are we getting a diurnal alolan Oddish? They're originally nocturnal too so it would make sense they changed to not compete with these
>>
Well I guess that confirms me getting moon. I was prepared to buy Sun for Lurantis, too.
>>
I don't see anything that implies it's Moon exclusive. Care to explain?
>>
>>28360211
>Make version exclusives day/night exclusives
>Make one game be night when the other is day
This is so lazy I love it
>>
Definitly getting moon now love formantis
>>
>>28360182
Ok I'm so happy now cause I really wanted to use one on the team, even do that means I'll have two Grass types on the team since I'm picking Rowlet. Three if I get Alolan Exeggutor.
>>
>>28360182
I'm getting sun and my heart sank for a moment before reading the rest of the post andrealising that OP is a fucking retard

Day/Night cycle is still in the game, they're just set 12 hours apart. The recent trailers showed both versions of the game at day, night and morning/dusk
>>
>>28360239
Sleeps during the day, active during the night.

Similar to alola raticate which are nocturnal
>>
>>28360182
>Fomantis is nocturnal, and it performs photosynthesis while it sleeps during the day

>Photosynthesis is precious to Fomantis, and it will fiercely attack those who get in the way of that process.

Sounds like it'll be either a daytime encounter or exclusive to Sun to me.
>>
>>28360283
No, that's not what I mean. We know it tracks prime usage hours, aka not-sleeping hours for school and working people alternately with day for sun and night for moon; thus all nocturnal mons are going to be Moon-exclusive and the contrary for Sun.
>>
File: grub.png (206KB, 817x717px) Image search: [Google]
grub.png
206KB, 817x717px
>>28360283
also the totem lurantis appeared at day time in another trailer
>>
>>28360305
Still doesn't mean every nocturnal Pokémon will be Moon exclusive.
>>
>>28360328
>thus all nocturnal mons are going to be Moon-exclusive

Except that's a fucking leap of logic right there
>>
Makes sense. In a trailer, they show a Totem Lunantis at night about to challenge Chicken-chan, AKA Selene AKA the Moon poster girl. Anybody remember which one was it?
>>
why does it matter when the GTS is a thing?
>>
>>28360243
there is still a day night cycle its just offset by 12 hrs
>>
>>28360243
You're doing this on purpose aren't you?
>>
>>28360328
>We know it tracks prime usage hours

Bullshit, the clock is just 12 hours ahead in moon version. Noon is midnight, midnight is noon. It doesn't detect when you play it most and set the clock based on that.
>>
Fromantis and Lurantis are one of the coolest Pokemon this gen for damn sure
>>
>>28360182
I'll actually like it a lot if this is how they're handling both version exclusives and day/night encounters.

The reason they stopped doing day/night differences is be cause they didn't want to screw over people who couldn't play at a certain time, but if time is shifted across games, then its much closer to a version exclusive for those people, while still not being entirely unattainable.
>>
I was getting Sun and I wanted this bastard in my team. Well, I guess it's an empty slot now.
>>
>>28361851
Yup. Genius.
>>
>>28361985

Not actually confirmed as exclusive.
>>
>>28361985
Just trade you nig
>>
People are this fucking retarded?

the clock in moon is just 12 hours ahead but it'll still be sunny
>>
>>28360342
Mechanic will be more time based probably, rather than version exclusives.
>>
>>28360329
#SavetheGrubbin
>>
This Pokemon has to be on my team!
>>
>>28362055
>Trailer shows passage of time in game
>HURR DURR TIME LOCKED
I swear people in this board are retards.
>>
>>28362055

If you're playing Moon during the day, it'll be night time. If you play it at night, it'll be day time in the game.

Then for Sun, it'll be the normal lighting and time for your time zone.
>>
>>28362104
Summer babbies still havent left
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 210x208px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 210x208px
>>28360182
>yfw it's the Whimsicott/Lilligant of this gen, and Bounsweet's evo is the Totem mon in Sun
>>
>>28360182
I think they're getting rid of version exclusives except for Solgaleo and Lunala.

It would just appear that it's "exclusive" because of the time you're playing, like in the trailer where it shows Drifloon is obtainable during the day where Misdreavus is obtainable at night.
>>
>>28362055
>>28362104
No, you goddamned idiots; what I'm saying is that the Pokémon that are nocturnal or evolve at night are going to be found in moon and the ones that use daylight will be found in Sun so nobody has to get screwed by waiting to do things at a time that might not be very convenient for them.
>>
>>28362182
> Pokémon that are nocturnal or evolve at night are going to be found in moon

your retardation has no bounds
>>
>>28362182
But then why remove them from the other game why not have them be 'soft' version exclusives?

Say that Yumgoos is day only, and Rattata is night only. Options are

>Buy sun, can only play during the day, Yumgoos exclusive
>Buy moon, can only play during the day, Ratatta exclusive
>Buy sun, can only play at night, Ratatta exclusive
>Buy moon, can only play at night, Yumgoos exclusive
>Buy both versions, get both exclusives
>Never sleep, get both exclusives
>>
>>28360222
>alolan Oddish

Bellossom already exists.
>>
>>28362182
>Call other idiots
>Is one himself.

Look. It's very simple.
When it's 3pm in the real world, it's 3pm in Sun.
When it's 3pm in the real world, it's 3am in Moon. It's going to be dark in the game.

If 2 players evolve one Eevee by friendship at the exact same time, at 3pm, the Sun player will get an Espeon, and the Moon player will get an Umbreon.

If they do it at 3am, the Sun player will get an Umbreon, and the Moon player will get an Espeon. That's it, it's the only difference; a different clock.

There's no reason to believe that a Sun player won't be able to catch nocturnal Pokemon when it's night for him.
>>
>>28362317
They've always had version exclusives, this is no different.
>>
>>28362049
>He uses Pokemon from others OT

Shut up you disgusting cunt.
>>
>>28360243
It is pretty lazy that people don't bother to look up what the time difference means on the site.
>>
>>28362317
This is how I think they'll do it.
It would still give an incentive for trading, especially if you're not able to play during the day for long periods of time, for example.
>>
You'll just encounter sleeping ones in Sun.
>>
File: 1457548892664.jpg (54KB, 240x430px) Image search: [Google]
1457548892664.jpg
54KB, 240x430px
>>28362448
>i don't like getting 1.5x EXP!
>>
>>28362883
Have you seen how many people complain about the games being easy? They would probably rather get half.
>>
>>28362448
>what is breeding
>>
>>28362905
And then complain that leveling is too slow
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.