[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alolan Forms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: a-meowth.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-meowth.png
125KB, 500x500px
Alolan Vulpix and Ninetales were revealed at the same time.
Alolan Sandshrew and Sandslash were revealed at the same time.
Alolan Rattata was revealed by itself, but Alolan Raticate was revealed only a few days later.
Alolan Exeggutor, Marowak, and Raichu don't have a special Alolan form for their pre-evolutions, so there's nothing to reveal.

Alolan Meowth got revealed awhile ago, but Alolan Persian remains a mystery. Are they hiding it from us?
What could possibly be special or important about Alolan Persian to warrant keeping it unrevealed?
Guzma's ace, perhaps? Important to the Aether foundation? Some sort of critical lore?
>>
>>28354408
Alternatively, they just haven't gotten around to it.
>>
>>28354408
Meowth is more iconic than Persian.
>>
>>28354408
maybe we get to see it next week
>>
When are we getting balloon animal Alolan Jigglypuff?
>>
Persian and Meowth were important to the fallen monarchy so I assume Aloan Persian is a very a special Pokemon. I wonder how pissed /vp/ would be if this Persian learned to stand up

I also hope it's the key to a special monarchy related Pokemon like Wailord and Relicanth were to the Regis.
>>
>>28354433

And yet they're both VERY iconic. Persian is always seen alongside Giovanni in the anime. It's almost like the Mr. Bigglesworth of the anime.
>>
>>28354408
Persian might be a Totem poke or something
>>
>>28354734
Giovanni fucking never shows up. Persian isn't remotely iconic.
>>
>>28354734
>Persian
>iconic

In a broad sense, I suppose. But nowhere near Meowth. Meowth is in almost every episode. Meowth has the distinction of being able to talk and actually be a character. Persian is just "that Pokémon that is always with Giovanni".

Not to mention what Meowth is based on. I don't think Persian is based on anything in particular.

They're both iconic but they're in totally different leagues.
>>
>>28354408
Question:

Why are there Alolan formes of Pokemon instead of simply making new Pokemon like every other region?

Why are Alolan formes nonsensical?

Why are they jumping to give more Gen 1 Pokemon new formes instead of rounding out the Pokemon from other Gens in need of evolutions or Mega Formes?

Why is GF solution to the clusterfuck of the Meta to add more to it with Z-Moves?

By Gen 8, are they going to introduce another contrived kind of Forme a Pokemon can have that disproportionately affects Gen 1 Pokemon so that when you look at the Pokedex, you see an absurd amount of Megas, Alolan, Hyper, Synchro, Z, and SSJ3 Gen 1 Pokemon while there's a distinct imbalance against Pokemon from other Gens?
>>
>>28354809
Question:

Why are you such a whiny little bitch?
>>
>>28354809
Because gen 1 brings in the big bucks, and Pokemon is chuuni as fuck.
>>
>>28354734
Alolan Giovanni as an island kahuna to go with Alolan Oak. Uses Alolan Persian as an ace, lore claims he's one of the last descendants of the old monarchy.
>>
>>28354832
IDK are you whining that I'm bringing up criticisms? Who then is the real whiny bitch who can't take contrary opinions?
>>
>>28354809
>Why are there Alolan formes of Pokemon instead of simply making new Pokemon like every other region?
They wanted to try something new and shake up the formula, which is also why we don't have gyms. Additionally, people seem to like their favorite existing Pokemon getting something new, which means they can sell toys/posters/dolls/whatever and profit from it.

>Why are Alolan formes nonsensical?
What? How are they nonsensical? Why is a creature adapting to a different environment nonsense to you? Also, because it lets them sell toys/posters/dolls/whatever and profit from it.

>Why are they jumping to give more Gen 1 Pokemon new formes instead of rounding out the Pokemon from other Gens in need of evolutions or Mega Formes?
Because pandering to Gen 1 is profitable and gen 1 has suffered the most from power-creep. Plus they can make toys/posters/dolls/whatever that are just slight tweaks to existing toys/dolls/whatever and profit from it.

>Why is GF solution to the clusterfuck of the Meta to add more to it with Z-Moves?
Since when has Gamefreak given a fuck about the meta? Also, because taking things OUT of the meta would piss people off. I don't think Z-moves are the answer to this problem, but the game's not out so we can't really say how the meta's going to look this gen. Plus, as we can see from the Z-ring toy that's been marketed, they can make a profit off of it

>By Gen 8, are they going to introduce another contrived kind of Forme a Pokemon can have that disproportionately affects Gen 1 Pokemon so that when you look at the Pokedex, you see an absurd amount of Megas, Alolan, Hyper, Synchro, Z, and SSJ3 Gen 1 Pokemon while there's a distinct imbalance against Pokemon from other Gens?
Yes, because that's what sells and Gamefreak likes money.

TL;DR-
Step 1: Pander to Gen 1 fans
Step 2: ?????
Step 3: Profit
>>
>>28354408
Alola Meowth evolves into regular Persian
>>
>>28354809
1) Because it's a feature that people have been asking for since forms were introduced since gen 4 and they are doing many new things with Sun and Moon.

2) With the exception of Raichu they were all explain well. They became the way they are through either adaption to their new environment after being introduced to Alola or selective breeding in the case of Meowth.

3) Because Gen 1 sells

4) I don't think they care and have done things in other games to support this
>>
>>28354408
It's because Alolan Persian can Mega-Evolve while a regular one can't and that'll be a part of the same trailer.
>>
>>28355037
>They wanted to do something new
Oh you mean more formes...for Gen 1 pokemon?

>People seems to like their favorite existing Pokemon getting something new
Depends. I don't like what they did to mine.

>How are they Nonsensical
You have 6 Generations where these Pokemon don't adapt new types to their environment. Instead you get new Pokemon that have adapted to their environment. If we are using real life as inspiration, we have Pokemon that come from different regions that are based on the same or very similar animals but are seperate Pokemon because they evolved in different environments already. The other nonsensical part is some of the Type and Design directions they decided to go with some of these mons.

>because taking things OUT of the meta would piss people off
Not necessary to my argument. Adding MORE in instead of addressing the underlying issue is just digging the hole deeper. Based on the pattern of what has come before and what some who play the meta can gather, this will just clusterfuck it more, doesn't take a genius.

>Since when has GF given a fuck about the meta?
That's something we can agree on

>Yes because that makes money
That's really a profound idea you have there. I didn't know companies looked to maximize profit and can do so by releasing shitty gimmicks that hype up their fanbase like the iPhone but gradually degrade their product in the long run.
>>
>>28355055
>with the exception of Raichu
lol no but here's just one example for you:

>>28349880
>>
>>28355182
wow you really are a whiny little bitch
>>
>>28355182
>Oh you mean more formes...for Gen 1 pokemon?
Showing old Pokemon taking on new traits as opposed to filling the pokedex with entirely new creatures, yes.

>Depends. I don't like what they did to mine.
Fair enough, plenty of folks still enjoy the concept though.

>You have 6 Generations where these Pokemon don't adapt new types to their environment. Instead you get new Pokemon that have adapted to their environment. we have Pokemon that come from different regions that are based on the same or very similar animals but are seperate Pokemon because they evolved in different environments already.
Notice that they're usually found in the same type of area though. Vulpix and Ninetales are usually seen in grasslands, Sandshrew and Sandslash in deserts/badlands, etc. but in Alola they've been driven out of these areas and forced to adapt in new climates by the native species. Most Alolan forms have an explanation for why they became what they became.

>The other nonsensical part is some of the Type and Design directions they decided to go with some of these mons.
I agree that some have weird types attached, I don't see why Marowak would need to become a ghost or how more sunlight for Exegutor would make it into a dragon.

>Adding MORE in instead of addressing the underlying issue is just digging the hole deeper. Based on the pattern of what has come before and what some who play the meta can gather, this will just clusterfuck it more, doesn't take a genius.
Well, you've got a solid point there, but as we established already.
>Since when has GF given a fuck about the meta?

>companies looked to maximize profit and can do so by releasing shitty gimmicks that hype up their fanbase like the iPhone but gradually degrade their product in the long run
That is really what it boils down to though. They don't need to cater to you if they can ride die-hard fans nostalgia while roping in kids who don't care about substance with flashy new gimmicks.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.