[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw Sun and Moon are making these look like total ass

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: 87654789.jpg (216KB, 691x879px) Image search: [Google]
87654789.jpg
216KB, 691x879px
>tfw Sun and Moon are making these look like total ass
>>
>>28347201
The feeling I got when I watched the latest trailer was, "This makes 6th Generation feel so uninspired."
>>
File: 1471664806727.jpg (201KB, 764x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471664806727.jpg
201KB, 764x720px
It's a wonderful feeling
>>
Anybody feeling like XY were kind of just placeholders until they made something real?
>>
>>28347254
The feeling when I watched the latest trailer is "This makes every gen before this feel so uninspired"
Like, holy shit, you wouldn't be able to glance at other regions and tell where you're are, but this one you know right off the bait is based off of hawaii, and they're embodying so much perfectly. That fucking theme music is godlike.
>>
>>28347330
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>28347330
Half of the development for XY was probably just perfecting the 3D engine and making all the models for the Pokemon. Since they had all of that stuff ready to go for Sun and Moon, they can allocate more of their resources to actually building a goddamn good game, holy SHIT.
>>
>>28347201
not a hard thing to do
>>
Every new gen makes the one that came before look like ass.
>>
>>28347201
And XYORAS already made gen 4 and 5 look like total ass. It's a good time to be a Pokemon fan.
>>
>>28348165
Everyone thought that XY was making B2W2 look like ass before they actually came out and the truth was revealed.
>>
At this point they were glorified tech demo's.

Gamefreak wasn't even trying
>>
>>28348189
Platinum, HG/SS and BW2 are all objectively better than XY/ORAS.
>>
>>28348302
That's the reason why XY got only 72 new pokemon?
>>
>>28348496
And a gourmet cake is better than dogshit. It's not saying much. Saying those three were better than Emerald which is true would be a more appropriate comparison.
>>
File: 1470892906198.gif (57KB, 156x267px) Image search: [Google]
1470892906198.gif
57KB, 156x267px
>>28348200
I'm all on board for the Sun and Moon hype, but there's still a little part of me that worries that we're all gonna be let down again. Like, this time next year, we could be clamoring about how shit the game was and how suddenly XY weren't so bad in retrospect. I've been let down by hype way too many times in the past before, so I guess I'm just keeping my guard up but being cautiously optimistic at the same time. Here's to hoping that Sun and Moon are, at the very least, satisfying mainline entries.
>>
>>28348496
*objectively worse
It's okay, it's an understandable mistake for a Sinnohfetus who doesn't know any better.
>>
>>28348637
I agree with you...but at the same time this shit easily looks better than all of pre XY. It's crazy
>>
>>28348732
The game could be all flash and no substance for all we know at this point. Yeah, the artstyle is a little more advanced and this is leading to more sophisticated cinematics, but the game itself could be another mindless handholdy cakewalk for all we know. I'm still a little worried about how having a bunch of scattered tiny islands instead of one interconnected overworld is going to work out, but I guess that's just my personal opinion.
>>
do Japanese versions of the game really have Pokemon in English on the title screen?
>>
>> hella ya
>>
>>28347330
Those are my thoughts exactly.
>>
>>28348958
Give me an answer to this
>>
>>28348958
I need an answer
>>
>>28347201
But what Pokemon Sun and Moon is a greater let down than Pokemon X and Y? Maybe your hopes are too high.
>>
>>28347330
I've been saying that for months.
>>
>>28349483
nah its fake
>>
>>28347201
Im getting real fucking tired of contrarian saying gen 6 was the worst. If it wasnt for gen 6 we wouldnt be here
>>
>>28347201
Isn't this a good thing?
It would be pretty shitty if games down the line weren't significantly better
>>
>>28349773
Gen 6 wasn't bad, it was just bland and uninspired. After the creative experiment that was Gen 5 it felt like a blatant appeal to nostalgia without wanting to try anything new.

On that note, Gen 7 is going completely off the rails so I have no idea what the fuck to expect at this point. At least they're trying new things, I guess.
>>
>>28349773
You can fucking say that for any game

They games aren't shit because they're 3D. The games are shit because they were rushed out the door
>>
>>28349621
Everything we've seen so is easily better than XY. The only way they could be a bigger letdown is if there's even less new pokemon and postgame content.
>>
>>28348496
Daily reminder that opinions are subjective and Metacritic is a thing, despite the fact that I mostly agree with that post.
>>
>>28347201
They do that pretty fine on their own.
>>
>>28347201
Youkai Watch makes these look like total ass. The worst generation by far.
>>
File: 1472701644200.png (296KB, 600x578px) Image search: [Google]
1472701644200.png
296KB, 600x578px
>>28347201
>>
>>28348637

Basing this all on 1 month's worth of play to prove a point. Okay, here are your options:

1. Enjoy the hype and enjoy the game. That's over 3 months or so of optimistic enjoyment and fun.

2. Enjoy the hype and be let down about the game. That's about 2 months of enjoyment.

3. Worry about the game and enjoy the game. That's about a month of enjoyment.

4. Worry about the game and be let down/not be surprised. That's 0 months of enjoyment.

TAKE YOUR FUCKING PICK. If you're so afraid of being let down or hurt then just kill yourself now because you're never enjoying life.
>>
>>28348637
I hope so too. After playing through ORAS and thinking it was the greatest thing ever, I was pleasantly surprised by the grindy challenge in HGSS (and B2W2 to a lesser extent).
>>
>>28349855
>witch it's isn't happening.
>>
2bh im getting kinda nervous now. Im starting to see warning signs that we might just be getting our hopes high. For one, I think they went a little too far with oak. I mean he even has a mullet now. Wtf. And the new mons are meh at best.
>>
>>28349825
Gen 5 was a half-failed experiment. BW really don't hold up since their brand-new Dex didn't catch on in the long run, and B2W2 are far better but still suffer slighly from remnants of how their predecessors went out of their way to be anti-nostalgic.
>>
>>28348496
He's talking graphically, retard.

Also HGSS were hot garbage.
>>
>>28349841
You don't have to swear ya know
>>
>>28347330
Gen 6 was the awkward phase into the transition to 3D
>>
>>28347201
Well they were literally an extended tech demo and a remake of a mediocre game made even worse.
>>
>>28349939
It's a different oak
>>
It all looks so good so far, I just want it to be harder than the past ones. It wont be though.
>>
>>28349939

Okay, don't enjoy any hype and go through life concerned over things that can't hurt you. That's the real intellectual's way, right?
>>
>>28349970
UNDERAGE DETECTED
>>
>>28349970
Is this your first day or something?
>>
>>28349990
Oh please just stfu im sorry but you guys are unbearable. Gen 6 was not THAT bad it was like any other gen.
>>
>>28349855
>even less new pokemon

I doubt that's gonna be the case, if not mostly because of muh patterns and how odd-numbered gens are always the dex-stuffers while even-numbers gens always cut back on new monsters.

>and postgame content.

Hoo boy. With Gamefreak's attitude regarding the Battle Frontier, I highly doubt this game will have much postgame content. Maybe something akin to another Delta Episode, but don't hope for something with actual replayability/longevity like some kind of battle facility that isn't a reskinned Tower/Maison.
>>
>>28350009
I want to enjoy it but last time i got hyped we got oras
>>
>>28347201
>>tfw Sun and Moon are making ORAS look like total ass

fixed. XY was reasonable for a first mainline 3d game imo.
>>
>>28349901
this honestly
if the games do end up sucking i'm going to be upset regardless of if i get hype now or not, so might as well
>>
Watch this be the worst Pokemon game yet:

>the only new Pokemon are the new kinds we have already seen
>all the rest are Kanto, Sharpedo, and Kanto forms
>incredibly short story
>Pokemon-Go required to do certain side quests
>You can't travel into the worm hole
>You fight no UBs
>>
>>28349901
So what you're saying is don't ever bother to doubt things or be a cautious consumer because it's not fun to? I mean damn, I pretty much always pick up the Pokemon games anyway, and usually enjoy them for what they're worth, but following XY and ORAS, is it not somewhat fair to brace myself for the games to continue in that direction even if the promotional material looks promising?

I am excited for SM based on what we've seen, I'm just not shitting myself thinking they're going to be the greatest Pokemon games of all time. It's people who are doing that who are going to be the most bitter when the games don't meet their impossible expectations.
>>
>>28350060

Why you would get hyped about that game is beyond me.
>>
>>28350026
Actually it kinda is. The game just is unfinsihed and rushed

Cycllage city has 3 race tracks that no one acknowledged.

No one has complete movesets other than Diantha. Serena/Gym leaders/Tierno/Shauna.

Kalos Pokemon make up less than 15% of the region

Sky battles are awful and didn't make it's way into ORAS even.

Riding Pokemon has already been done much better in SM. Ryhorn and Mamoswine are literally identicle re-skins and are slow and pointless. Skiddo is fun but is locked to one route and is completely optional

Route 9 is the most broken thing I've ever seen in a Pokemon game with constantly being locked into encounters with awful wind mechanics. While being filled with locked buildings with no value

No one has value in what they say and the story is total ass. "No one knows what mega evolutions is!" There's literally a gigantic statue of a mega Pokemon 2 towns away

Too much blatant pandering. references are one thing, but copping Virdian Forest exactly. Waking up a Snorlax with a pokeflute. Unknown dungeon 2. Legendary birds available. Charizard and Mewtwo getting 2 new forms each. It hurts how much there is.

So there you go, I scratched the surface on why X and Y are bad
>>
>>28350196
>So what you're saying is don't ever bother to doubt things or be a cautious consumer because it's not fun to?

You have to be cautious about having fun? Get hyped now and do the research when it comes out. Fun isn't fucking rocket science.
>>
>>28350219
When it was coming out, holy shit the hype was real for an Emerald remake
>>
>>28350256
>Too much blatant pandering. references are one thing, but copping Virdian Forest exactly. Waking up a Snorlax with a pokeflute. Unknown dungeon 2. Legendary birds available. Charizard and Mewtwo getting 2 new forms each. It hurts how much there is.

If we instead got copying Pinwheel Forest exactly, clearing up a Crustle roadblock, N appearing during the postgame to help you get Reshiram and Zekrom, the muskedeers available, and Victini and Genesect got 2 new forms each, you'd all love X and Y.
>>
No shit. We knew from the get go that XY would be shit because it was their first 3D game, and that any game afterwards would be amazing because they already had all the 700 pokemon modeled.
>>
>>28350258
Who said I wasn't having fun? The speculation revolving around Type: Null and Aether and UB-01 is amazing and some of the best I've ever seen come from recent Pokemon games. There's a difference between enjoying the pre-release period of a game, and expecting a game to be LITERALLY THE BEST THING EVER only to be disappointed when it's not. I'm just keeping my expectations grounded, but that doesn't mean the games won't be decent regardless. I'll still get my 30 or so hours of enjoyment from the story, even if it doesn't turn out to be the best in the series, just like any other Pokemon game.
>>
>>28350340
No. I want new shit. That's why I enjoyed BW you faggot. Thanks for ignoring everything else

And that's why SM is going to be great
>>
>>28347201
Anon, gen 6 made itself like like ass.
>>
>>28350340
yes, because continuing an unfinished storyline would be awesome, unlike copy-pasting past games and no, not all of that would have been great
>>28350256
plus the whole thing of clearly cut content, adding on to the locked buildings in route 13 (not 9) there's also the fact that alexa's (photographer, sister of viola the first gym leader) newspaper company's editor in chief leaves a memo that he went to the mountains to find something, and the mystery town you can see from victory road that isn't in the game
they now have a chance to explain everything in sm and if they do it will be awesome
>>
>>28350360
This exactly.
>>
Gen 6 was a 3DS tech demo. Sun and Moon are realizing the true potential of the console, and Pokemon in general
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.