[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Less than three months until Fairy gets nerfed to the ground.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: 1267296191174.jpg (102KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
1267296191174.jpg
102KB, 425x425px
>Less than three months until Fairy gets nerfed to the ground.
>>
>>28343400
>wanting Fairy nerfed
Fuck off
>>
>>28343400
I bet Gengar and Tyranitar will also get nerfed too huh?
>>
>>28343400
Yeah just like how Fairy typing made Air Balloon Igglybuff the prime counter to Giratina in Ubers!
>>
>>28343430
>literally the most broken type in the game

Prove me wrong
>>
>Give RU shitmon Fairy Type
>Becomes S tier in OU.
>>
>>28343565
You can't.
He's just going to say "w0w lmao can't deal with your edgelord dragons not being the best anymore xDDDD" like every fucking idiot who thinks Fairy is a balanced type.

It's not going to get nerfed, though. It's too popular. Damn shame.
>>
>>28343565
The only thing that makes fairy so "broken" is the lack of "splashable" poison and steel moves that don't have -5000% accuracy.
When Dark was introduced, EVERYTHING had bite and crunch, and immediately there was rock smash, which as an HM needed to be learned by a large portion of Pokemon.

As the gens were added, more and more fighting moves became available for nonfighting types. (Not to mention the weaknesses of fire was already "splashable" and bug was getting moves.)

Same thing with Poison and Steel. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more "basically every mon can use this" type of poison attack (currently stuck on poison types mostly) and steel is already slightly splashable... so we're likely to get more of those (or at least ones that are better than the bleh we currently have access to).
>>
>>28343631
t. dragonfag
>>
>Fairy
>Broken

You can kill Fairies just fine. The fuck is wrong with you dumb niggers? You wipe constantly at Valerie's gym or some shit?
>>
>>28343631
Stay mad, Dragonfag.

I bet you used to spam Outrage everywhere too and still think it's viable.
>>
>all these mad little draconiggers upset that their precious rayquaza is a bitch to fairies
>>
File: 1279299564823.jpg (164KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1279299564823.jpg
164KB, 640x960px
>>28343775
>>28343739
Brohoof my fellow gentlemen! Those edgy dragonfags should learn that cute things will forever be superior to their edgy dragons. Spamming Pixilate Hyper Voice is nothing compared to spamming Outrage after all.
>>
Fairy is fine. I just wish it didn't resist fighting but oh well. What I want is the steel nerf gone
>>
>>28343400
How?
>stuff that stops fairies
Salandit (typing)
Jangmo-o (Soundproof, possible Steel type)
Solgaleo (in Ubers)
>stuff that helps fairies
-Magearna (Soul Heart and Fleur Cannon is fucking great with a Scarf)
-Tapu Koko (good stats, good ability)
-The other three Tapus
-Morelull (Fairy with Spore)
-Mimikyu (new Fairy)
-Cutiefly (new Fairy)
-Comfey (new Fairy)
-Ninetales (new Fairy)

Solgaleo is Ubers only, and Jangmo-o will only be stopping Garde and Sylveon unless it gets Steel typing. Even then, there's gonna be a Tapu with the Fire/Fairy typing to stop it.

How exactly are fairies getting nerfed again?
>>
>>28343608
No shit, it's a new type. something has to fill the role
>>
>>28343923
Based Gamefreak will find a way. Hopefully they'll make Steel immune to Fairy.
>>
>>28343937
>a single typing justifies it to defining the top of the metagame
>>
>>28343708
Maybe if they didn't pair a lot of Fairies with Psychic type (Gardevoir mainly) to completely invalidate the Poison weakness.

So yes the type is overpowered due to game freaks incompetence
>>
>>28344021
>a lot
>literally just Gardevoir, Mr. Mime, and the unrevealed Psychic Tapu
>not mentioning Steel/Fairy which contains the same amount of Pokemon but has an immunity to Poison
>>
>>28343400
Instead of nerfing Fairy, they should just buff poison. Literally the shittiest typing in the game.

Also more steel moves
>>
>>28343400
Best way to nerf it is some actually strong Steel and Poison moves that don't have shit accuracy and distribution.
>>
>>28343975
>top of an irrelevant fan metagame
Who gives a shit? Not Gamefreak's fault
>>
>>28344075
Or fast offensive mons with those typings. Like Salandit's evo, hopefully.
>>
>>28344021
>Maybe if they didn't pair a lot of Fairies with Psychic type (Gardevoir mainly) to completely invalidate the Poison weakness.
>A lot of Fairy types are Psychic
>Litterally just the Gardevoir and Mime lines
>>
>>28343850
>comparing one pokemon to every Dragon
Kay
>>
>>28344139
>one pokemon
>>
>>28344075
And its really not hard to give more Poison distribution of moves since nearly every Pokemon can learn Toxic, so the potential is already there
>>
Itt: dragonfags grasping at straws
>>
>>28344072
>Poison the shittiest typing
>When Bug exists
Bug literally serves to be a shitty disposable type that you get rid of early on. It's resisted by SEVEN FUCKING TYPES. Nothing will ever be as bad.
>>
>>28344186
>Itt fairyfags shook as fuck that their glory days are almost over
t.bugfag
>>
>>28344132
Gardwhore is one of the strongest megas for a reason
>>
>>28344167
Whens the last time you fought Mega Altaria or Sylveon?
>>
>>28343400
Nerfing fairy and buffing ice would probably be the smart thing to do. This way dragons don't go back to being overpowered and ice stops being complete garbage.
>>
>>28344268
Slyveon is fucking destroying in UU
>>
>>28344268
I use Malt in OU pretty often at 1700 elo and Sylveon is everywhere in UU. It barely has switch ins.
>>
>>28343400
except fairy doesn't need a nerf
type advantage wise several types are better

the pokemon with the type and their second type is what makes it seem overpowered
>>
>>28344292
Ice is not garbage. Ice Pokémon are garbage. There's a huge difference here.

Ice is one of the best coverage types because there's fucking nothing that can abuse Ice STAB. Weavile is the only Ice-type done right. Nearly every Pokémon that can run ice coverage does so because it's a fantastic offensive type.

Greninja being able to abuse Ice STAB is part of why it got sent to Ubers.
>>
>>28344293
Not to mention Doubles and Triples.
>>
>>28344354
Like Clefable right?
>>
>>28343751
yet another faggot spouting his worthless opinion despite having not played a single hour of competitive.
>>
>>28344354
>only weaknesses are shit tier offensively, the few good moves they have aren't available to most pokémon
If fairy doesn't need a nerf poison and steel need HUGE boosts offensively
>>
Reminder that Dragon typing is actually average and was merely considered good because they are a bunch of powerful Pokemon with the typing. It's like saying Normal is broken because Mega Khan is normal type.
Fairy is actually a powerful typing but doesn't need a direct nerf. Just better counters to it.
>>
>>28344075
Certainly would help if there were more good Poison types. More than half of its roster is from Gen I. There's currently maybe three actually good Poison types.
>>
>Silver Bullet
>Steel-type
>70BP/16 max PP
>Priority against Fairy, Dragon, and Dark-types
Did I fix it?
>>
>>28344359
IMO, Ice Beam should be nerfed to the ground and effectively replaced by a new ice type move that's as strong as the old Ice Beam, and distributed solely to Ice type pokemon.
>>
>>28344711
I can only think of gengar and scoliopede being as any good and they're more reliant on their other STAB.
>>
>>28344768
>Bullet
Seems like it would have shit distribution
>>
>>28344505
Dragon without fairy were overpowered because anything that's dragon type could click the draco meteor button and do serious damage.

One of the reasons Garchomp got banned from Gen 4 OU is because of its mixed set lol, 140 base power move with only 1 type that resists it was fucking broken, and they needed to introduce another dragon resist. (the base power nerf was very welcome too)

However making fairy immune rather than just resist, and making it only weak to the 2 worst offensive types in the game was fucking retarded (doesn't even make sense thematically), gamefreak knew they were just making a completely overpowered type.
>>
How do people justify Fairy's strength in their minds? Its only two weaknesses are completely covered by steal and those weaknesses have no huge threatening power houses.
Being weak to something like Fighting is a big deal because high power fighting moves get shit out everywhere, same thing with fire or flying.
Fairy needs a weakness to a common attacking type that needs some help.
Not to mention it needs to be resisted by something else. There's fucking jackshit with actual recovery that actually resist fairy. It's stupid. There's like 3 pokemon in the entire game with access to Recover/Roost that resist Fairy.
>>
>>28344072
Poison SE against water pls gamefreak.
>>
>>28344901
If mons with Bullet Punch can learn this, then I'm okay with this
>>
Alright I know there won't be any new type but just for the sake of it, create a new type to save the meta. I feel like it should at least be SE to fairy and water and be NVE against ice but do whatever you want.
>>
>>28344248
I have no frame of reference to even begin comprehending how wrong this statement is. It is the Cthulhu of incorrectness.
>>
>>28344021
Fairy/Psychic types are still weak to Poison.
>>
>>28343971
wanting steel to bebuffed
>>
>>28344215
I hope this is true, but is there citation for fairy nerfs?
>>
File: scizor-mega.jpg (30KB, 300x267px) Image search: [Google]
scizor-mega.jpg
30KB, 300x267px
*cough*
> +2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 16 HP / 8 Def Mega Gardevoir: 672-792 (239.1 - 281.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

>+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: 678-800 (173.4 - 204.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>28343923
Watch out for Cutiefly and Comfey!
>>
>>28348735
*cough* *cough* *pukes out lung*
>232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 312-368 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>252+ SpA Choice Specs Sylveon Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 384-452 (136.6 - 160.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>+1 0 SpA Clefable Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 372-440 (132.3 - 156.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>168+ SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 436-516 (155.1 - 183.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Scizor: 178-211 (63.3 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>28349189
>any of those outspeeding bullet fucking punch
>>
>>28349237
Sure but if Scizor tries to switch on these he's toast as well. Not to mention if the fairy user has a Magnezone your red ant is fucked to oblivion.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.