[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>SM could be the most interesting and fun game in years with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: 1453660224767.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1453660224767.gif
152KB, 500x516px
>SM could be the most interesting and fun game in years with 100+ new Pokemon
>but if it's not difficult with a battle frontier like facility it will still be adamantly shitposted on
>>
People are going to shit on it regardless.
>>
I won't shit on the difficulty, because a romhack will fix it.

I will shit on less than 100 new pokemon though.
>>
>>28335554
Don't use the /vp/ hivemind as to what constitutes a good game. The demographic here is considerably different than the rest of the Pokemon-playing world.

I can't tell if you're taunting would-be shitposters or lamenting the rampant autism here, but either way, don't bother caring what other people think about a Pokemon game. Especially /vp/.
>>
>>28335554
>100+
Let's not get our hopes up. At the current rate of leaking, that number will never be reached and it's very likely the remaining unannounced Pokémon will make up that large fraction of gen 7.
>>
>>28335554
>>28335667
Are you implying that ORAS were most interesting and fun games in years?

I dont understand this thread
>>
File: Team Skull enforcer.jpg (54KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Team Skull enforcer.jpg
54KB, 320x180px
>>28335554

Because. Competitive players seek a challenging game.
>>
>>28336402
>At the current rate of leaking
er, incredibly fast?
>>
How can it be interesting and fun if you're one shotting every single one of the 3 pokemon that important NPCs use?
It's immersion breaking.
>>
>>28336575
Competitive players look to blow through the game to get to competitive play. How is this not obvious?
>>
>>28335554
It's a shame
>>
>>28335554
How can it be the most interesting if the actual gameplay is a snorefest?
>>
>>28336575
To most competitive players the main game is just a boring tutorial. At least if it's easy you can complete it fast.
>>
>>28335554
>here's the battle tower
>wow fuck this RNG shit I hate this game masuda is a hack
>here's the battle tower except you can't choose what moves your pokemon use
>10/10 GOAT forever and ever i love you masuda please shit down my throat

What's even the point, why not just add more modes or features to the battle tower instead of making a dozen gimmicky spins on it

Better yet why even bother with the battle tower at all when showdown exists
>>
>>28336924
Why bother playing the games when showdown exists?
>>
>>28336402
They've revealed more pokemon in this time frame than they did for BW, which had 150+.

I HIGHLY doubt we'll get near that, but 100-115 is within somewhat reasonable hopes.
>>
>>28336924
lol
>>
>>28336636
Play a romhack.

33% of all pokemon in Rutile Ruby have a Focus Sash so they can at least hit you once before you kill em.
>>
>>28336402
I thought 109+ was confirmed with Magearna being Alola Dex #109 ... so #832 [Inter]National dex?
>>
>>28336636
have you ever considered that the reason the game is so easy is because you're an adult, with access to the internet, who's been playing the games since their inception? and the game is not made exclusively for you?
>>
>>28336924
People don't dislike the Maison in ORAS because of the RNG, they dislike it because it is literally copypasted from XY with no differences at all.
Good job picking out the one facility that is unanimously considered shit by the way.
>>
>>28337097
Alola Dex will have old pokémon in it obviously.
>>
>>28337147
Don't be a dumbass, I can actually play BW2 without falling asleep. I just replayed it last week.
Anyone who denies that ORAS and XY were were braindead are most likely retarded themselves.
>>
>>28337147
No, because I played Emerald, BW2, Xy, Hgss and Omega Ruby at roughly the same time and had very different difficulty experiences with them all.
>>
To me, it can't be fun if it's ridiculously easy and braindead. I don't care about the after game facility though.
>>
>>28337147
this is the dumbest argument
i've played nearly every main linepokemon game right after the other and there is a very clear difference in difficulty
gen 6 was made for lobotomy victims
>>
>>28337149
He's right though. Most of the facilities are just Battle Tower with more RNG or some cheap gimmick. Only the Factory is different and it's the most luck based of them all.
>>
>>28337185
>>28337241
>>28337294
you're really just proving my point. you still played games in succession because you're an adult with free time/money. a child who had no knowledge of pokemon who picked up xy might still have difficulty
>>
What can you do? So people can't exist without their battle simulators. Fuck 'em I say.
>>
>>28337333
No, you created a new point. Your point was we found the newer games easy because we're adults who have been playing a while, and we're saying that even as adults we find the older games harder when playing now
>>
>>28337333
Again, as an adult with my knowledge, I noticed the very clear differences in difficulty. That's the point. There is a difference in difficulty. You tried to deny that. Don't backtrack now.

Hell, I have a little sister. She told me herself she didn't like playing X because it was too easy. It got boring for her.
Kids aren't absolute retards like you and masuda seem to think.
>>
>>28337298
If his point is to just make more different modes for the regional Battle Tower instead of making them different facilities then sure, I would be fine with that. The different challenges being in different buildings or under one roof doesn't matter much to me.
The problem with ORAS is that it's literally the same thing as in XY.
>>
Besides, the real issue is the game being "too different", when they've been crying for the game to be different for ages now. I'm done with you, you never wanted ANY game.
>>
>>28337464
Why do you think people will be fine with something just because it's different? Or that they have to be ok with this?
>>
>>28337464
>implying /vp/ is one person
>>
>>28337097
>with Magearna being Alola Dex #109

[citation needed]

Eevee is #123, why would there be a Mythical Pokémon in the middle of the dex?
>>
>>28337612
At that point, it's arguing just to be arguing, which still means you have no mind of your own.
>>
>>28337464
>/vp/ is one person meme
>>
>played all the games
>Gen 6 isn't miles easier than the rest, even if still easier overall
I fucking managed to beat BW and Emerald without going over Level 50 even.
>>
>>28337147
thats too much logic for this board
>>
>>28335554
most sane people dislike the idea of the battle frontier, its a massive time sink to get necessary items for competitive play, the only good part of it is various battle styles/gimmicks
>>
>>28340087
But he's wrong. The games were easier these past few years ever since BW even if not by much, and XY in particular really pushed it.

Don't even call me memer or bandwagoner since I don't even agree with the thought that Gen 6 is for braindead retards compared to such "challenging" maingame content as BW or FRLG
>>
>>28337780
No, it's arguing because you dont like something. I really dont get this

>>28340087
No, it's wrong
>>
File: 1471366836190 (1).jpg (14KB, 259x239px) Image search: [Google]
1471366836190 (1).jpg
14KB, 259x239px
>>28337030
b-but anon, that's not the same!
>>
Gyms: I DON'T LIKE IT
No Gyms: I DON'T LIKE IT

What DO you like,then?
>>
File: 1466193154652.png (25KB, 507x565px) Image search: [Google]
1466193154652.png
25KB, 507x565px
>>28340256
shut up
>>
>>28335554
And that's why I already decided I don't care about the difficulty. I am not opposed to using a hack to fix it.
Just make everything else good so the hack can build off it.
>>
I will say the same thing to you as I said to the other thread, what do you hope to gain by being a discussion for both lovers and haters? You end up with nothing.
>>
>>28340087
It's a mix of both.
Surely it helps that you're now adult and also has more experience, but the games have gotten easier too, no doubt about it.
>>
>>28340256
Gyms.
>>
>>28337650
Didn't xy have ~72 pokemon. That would definitely make Magearna as 109 a feasible possibility.
>>
>>28341027
GSC had 81 completely new pokemon an RSE 133
DP had 78 new pokemon and BW 156 your point is...?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.