[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Johto Gym Leaders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: Johto Gym Leaders.png (97KB, 346x1188px) Image search: [Google]
Johto Gym Leaders.png
97KB, 346x1188px
Johto has the best Gym Leaders
>>
>>28335484
Could Norman not beat Whitney too?
>>
>>28335484
What did he mean by this
>>
File: Johto.png (117KB, 328x1474px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.png
117KB, 328x1474px
Wow, such great """Johto""" Gym Leaders.
>>
>>28335564
Norman and and Valerie are canonically from Johto
>>
>>28335535
>Whitney was a child when Norman lived here
>still had to leave and be a Normal Type Leader somewhere else
>>
>>28335582
You know the number of pokemon is not what makes a leader hard right?

Either way this is clearly a joke thread you're getting mad at
>>
>>28335616
It's not about the number of Pokemon they have. Read the post again.
>>
>>28335582
Up until Morty Johto leaders were pretty great asides from Falkner
>>
>>28335484
>no johtomons as aces
>>
>>28335700
>what is Whitney/Jasmine/Clair/Pryce
>>
>>28335651
What? They all have Johto Pokemon. There are 256 Pokemon in the Johto Dex you know
>>
>>28335738
>the other half not using Johto mons
>>
>>28335742
>256
Who are the ones after celebi again? Was Farfignugletron one of them?
>>
>>28335768
Mamoswine, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Ambipom and Yanmega are all in the HGSS Johto Dex and you can get them before the League.

>>28335766
Those ARE Johto mons
>>
>>28335484
>lvl9/13 pidgeotto
>bug"johto bugs? lol"sy
>waaaah i lost
>not even a single fucking misdreavous
>2 kanto pokemon as 5th gym leader
this one is ok, kinda
>I lost? Fuck you

>GREAT GYM LEADERS

In terms of interaction such as sidequests they are an improvement, but by god they are fucking awful in terms of personality and team composition (most of them anyway)
>>
>>28335829
Damn, i forgot Jasmine since her design is somewhat bland, she is ok too, hey 2/8 isnt that bad.
>>
>>28335582
>5 of them don't use a single pokémon from Johto

X/Y introduced only 72 pokémon and every gym leader + Elite 4 member had atleast 1 Kalos mon.
>>
>>28335866
I thought a salty gym leader was cool personally. Getting that dratini/doing the quiz was cool

Dragon fang was retarded though

Also that u-turn Scyther
>>
>>28335829
This was just a thread pointing out Valerie and Norman are from Johto, not really me giving my opinion on how good or bad they actually were. Though I found thier personalities fine

>>28335895
You mean Gen 2 pokemon. If it's in the Johto Dex it's a Johto mon
>>
>>28335582
>8 Gym leaders

>4 Johto Pokemon between them

Jesus Christ, I never realized how bad it was
>>
>>28335766
>>28335895
>>28336043
I can understand the people who started with gen 3 or later and this meme new game= new pokemon everywhere, but back then when pokemon started, there are only 151 in the WORLD, not the 151 of kanto (kanto didn't even have a name back there).
The new pokemon were suppose to be rare.
The main focus was still the original 151.
>>
I have a mono daek team on crystal going atm.
Falkner is retardedly easy
Bugsy gave me troblue with fury cutter beat him after using roar to get scyther out of fury cutter damage boosts. Won afterward.

Whitney was a bit more of a hastle.
I needed umbreon to use sand attack on her milktank so rill out would miss. But she could still get lucky and stomp my ass while using milk drink.
I never even remembered she had milk drink.
Then after lowering her defenses on her milktank 6 levels higher than me. sneasel was able to get the kill.

The jhoto gym leaders reqiure strategic moves. Unless you just over level. Obviously.
>>
>>28335895
>>28336043
>>28336121
People look at the games through the standards of later generations, but to GF, they are all Johto mons so it really made no difference to them. Many of the Pokemon were to be surprises when you face the E4. Like Misdreavus or Heracross
>>
>>28336240
Pretty much.
>>
>>28336326
Yeah. I never got te issue with the lack of Gen 2 Johto mons on leaders, because you still see people battling with several Gen 2 Johto mons in the region, including the starters.
>>
>>28336121
But that was no longer the case in Gen 3. Therefore they had a chance to rectify this in Gen 4, but didn't. So now it looks retarded that Johto is still being treated as a Kanto expansion.
>>
File: subjective.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
subjective.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>28336455
>rectify
rectify what? This is only a problem for newgenners.
>>
>>28336455
They made changes though. The only thing they thought was necessary was giving Clair a Gyarados.

They obviously dont find it as big of a deal.
>>
Gen 2 pokemon got cucked out of their own games lel.

You don't even see a Gym Leader with a new pokemon until that god damned Miltank. Probably why people got fucked up because they didn't know what the hell it was.
>>
>>28337155
That was definitely one of the reasons Whitney fucked people up
>>
>>28336607
They also didn't find the Battle Frontier to be a big of a deal.
>>
>>28336121
>I can understand the people who started with gen 3 or later and this meme new game= new pokemon everywhere
Been playing since RBY, m8. The leaders lack Johto mons in their teams, aces or otherwise.

Noctowl isn't fucking rare. Falkner could at least have had Spearow and Noctowl, and not TWO Kanto mons.

Bugsy had nothing but Kanto bugs. He could at least have used Spinarak or Ledyba if they wanted to keep Pineco or Heracross secret.

Chuck could have used Hitmontop at the very least. Keeping it with Kyo is a stupid decision.
>>
>>28337218
>Noctowl
*Hoothoot
>>
>>28337155
lol, I didn't read th thread
>>28337218
>Been playing since RBY
Hard to believe.
You are complaining for no reason.
If this were true, you would knew pretty well that the stars were always the original 151.
>>
>>28337181
Got me there
>>
>>28337312
>Hard to believe
Well whatever gets you through the night.
>>
Playing gen 2 blind was pretty fun because you have to judge which of the new pokemon were shitmon.

Bugsy and Falkner not even having johto bugs and birds kinda already let me know not to mess with Hoothoot or Spinarak/Ledian.

Mareep was always the best surprise. An early Electric type that evolved twice and was done evolving by 30 and was not as frail as Raichu was good to have
>>
>>28337392
Sure, anon.
No one lies on the internet.
I'm not asking for proof, I'm saying that your arguments are bullshit.
Nobody that started with Gen1 felt that this was a problem.
It's pretty much what >>28336372 said.
This is only a problem for people who started with gen 3 or later.
>>
>>28336240

>Many of the Pokemon were to be surprises when you face the E4. Like Misdreavus or Heracross

But none of the Elite 4 have Misdreavus or Heracross...?
>>
>>28337155
>Probably why people got fucked up because they didn't know what the hell it was.

People got fucked up because it's BST and movepool are far beyond almost anything you can get at that point in the game, also Attract is pretty much guaranteed to fuck up any team's strategy at least 1/2 the time.
>>
>>28337436
it's not just about the leaders, though. A lot of johto mons were locked until Kanto, and when you find them, they're level 10-20, whereas your team would already be minimum high 40s.
>>
>>28337568
>lol, I said about gym leaders, you gave me a good counter argument, so it's not about just gym leaders anymore
>A lot of johto mons were locked until Kanto
The only ones that I remember right now that is worth training are Houndour and Larvitar.
Gen 2 gave us the real Exp. Share, so that's actually not a problem.
Grinding was a thing back in Gen 1. Gen 2 made it easier.
Another reason that people who started with gen 1 (not you) didn't complain about gen 2.
>>
>>28337568
That's a real issue in GSC, but not HGSS where I believe only Houndoor is post game.
>>
>>28337701
>Gen 2 gave us the real Exp. Share, so that's actually not a problem.

Even with Exp share its a bitch. The Houndours are still at like level 15 and you've already beaten the Elite Four and a few Kanto gyms by then.

Its a waste by then
>>
>>28338343
>lol, I don't know what else to say, so I will say dirt words for no reason
>my opinions are facts
Sure anon, you totally aren't underage.
Houndour could have been better, but now are you complaining for just one pokemon?
You don't have more arguments.
You're probably an Hoennfag who hates johto for no reason (just like most hoennfags).
>>
>>28338343
Just rematch the E4
>>
>>28338474
This has nothing to do with Hoenn.

Gen II in general is an oddity now, that doesn't mean its completely untouchable. I'm well aware Johto was not meant to be its own 'region' like later and more an extension but its still odd to not push the new mons a little more.
>>
>>28338794
Got mad that I said Hoenn?
I got it right, don't I?
Your first gen was gen III, right?

>odd
Opinion. You think that's odd. People who started with gen I, don't.

I was right, you don't have more arguments.
>>
Also, you took to long to reply.
>>
>>28338474
>>28338908
I am not that guy but i also started on gen1 and gen2 gym leaders are fucked, just compare to Kanto if you want to.

>kanto 1st gym
Geodude, a pokemon you have never seen before and Onix, a pokemon you will only get after your 3rd (or 2nd badge if you skip Surge)

>johto 1st gym
1 1st route pokemon and an underpowered evolution of said 1st route pokemon

>Kanto 2nd gym
A better falkner, where it has 2 pokemon you have yet to find in the world, with the evo being an actual threat

>Johto
2nd route pokemon you have already found in the wild and the first somewhat decent pokemon, a scyther (and despite johto having 9 new bug pokes, it decides to use none of them) but, before the remake it had a terrible movepool

This goes on and on man, Johto gym leaders have bad teams, but they compensated by a lot of them having side quests to develop their characters (somethng gen1 and gen3 later refused to do), so no, they werent flawless.
>>
>>28338908
I started with Gen 1 and never even played through Hoenn until just a few years ago. What are you even talking about.

EVEN starting with Gen 1 its weird.

Its just simple marketing anytime a new batch of pokemon show up you expect them to get pushed in their games. The Starters did. The Legendaries did. The run of the mill pokemon didn't. That is not normal to any type of product really.

You expect the flying gym to have the new birds that are right there, and you expect the bug gym to have the new bugs that right there, but oddly they don't.

Its not game breaking but it was notable even in 2000.
>>
>>28338474
>>28338908
You're making Johtofags like me look bad, even if I agree it's not a big deal. Ive never played Gen 1.
>>
>>28336121
>The main focus was still the original 151.
And this is what killed Pokemania and why Crystal and RS sales plummeted.
>>
Johtoddlers are such cucks that they get offended when you point out how Gen 1 is their bull.
>>
>>28335582
All these shitty duplicates

Theres is literally no reason for gamefreak to give any gym leader or elite four duplicate pokemon
>>
>>28335582
>people crying about gen 6 leaders having no pokemon

L M A O
M
A
O
>>
>>28341565
You know these leaders are still harder right? Plus two of them have 4 pokemon and the E4 members of kalos still only have 4 pokemon each
>>
>>28341645
never had any problem defeating a johto leader. They are all easy as fuck
>>
>>28336455
>changing a gym's leader team
Let's take a look:
>FRLG
>they changed Giovanni's Rhydon for a Rhyhorn
do you like that change?
>HGSS
>Clair now have a Gyarados
The only good change.
>ORAS
>No changes to RS
Great, so Wattson still uses only gen 1 pokemon. Is that good for you?
But they changed something in ORAS. Wally now doesn't uses a single gen 3 mon in his last battle.

>>28337181
Don't even try to make a comparison here. We don't know what drug GF used to make gen 6. They are both unfinished games. If anything, you can blame Ohmori for that.
Do you know Ohmori, right? He is the director of the next pokemon games.
>>
>>28341727
That's cool? That's your experience I suppose.

>>28336455
The only major team changes in any Pokemon games when you revisit a region are E4 members. Ironically, Johto's E4 was diverse enough to not need changes like Hoenn's.
>>
>>28340595
Sure, like pokemon Go.
Also, Crystal was released 2 months before the GBA
>>
No, Hoenn does.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.