[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the best sites for Pokemon news?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: image.gif (30KB, 357x268px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
30KB, 357x268px
What are the best sites for Pokemon news?
>>
>>28334796
Anything BUT Shitaku. I like Serebii.net, they've got information every Pokemon game going on.
>>
best: serebii
distant second: pokejungle/pokebeach/bulbapedia

you could also just hang out here or on twitter

kotaku is not reliable
>>
Veepee
>>
>>28334796

The official Pokémon websites
>>
>>28334796
This board you ugly piece of shit
>>
>>28334851

4chan = Unreliable source
>>
Serebii and /vp/.

Maybe the official site if you are not from UK/USA to see how will be the names in your language.
>>
I don't get the Kotaku hate, I really don't.
>>
>>28334796
Serebii.net, or ironically, /vp/ itself
>>
>>28334796
Official Pokémon sites;
Bulbapedia;
Serebii.
>image: Kotaku
Kill yourself.
>>
>>28334868
Individual anons are but if half or more threads on the board are talking about something it might be worth looking into on other sites.
>>
>>28334882
kotaku is a fine website if you want a broad range of news from the gaming world. it's often entertaining. to a certain extent they focus on the most hyped games and sometimes overlook other stuff but in general it's a good way to keep up to date on the general trends and stories.

however, as a specific source of pokemon information it is not reliable. after the videos went up yesterday the article that kotaku posted was titled "pokemon sun and moon will take place during different times of day" which was mentioned in the videos but is far from the most interesting part.

additionally they don't seem to do much investigative work for their articles and often end up confusing details.

there is nothing wrong with broad strokes but for most people who post here we want all of the details to be accurate.
>>
File: 1470683254998.gif (987KB, 500x452px) Image search: [Google]
1470683254998.gif
987KB, 500x452px
>>28334894
This.
>>
File: 1351017477934.png (424KB, 673x718px)
1351017477934.png
424KB, 673x718px
>>28334882
>>
>>28335011

They're also very opinionated. They will run articles titled things like "New Pokémon announced and they all suck".

I don't use any sites that run opinion pieces disguised as news.
>>
>>28335080
Nothing wrong with that, it's a funny article. Anyone who takes his seriously is an idiot.
>>
>>28334796
Solely for news, Serebii and /vp/ I'd say.

Not familiar with Pokebeach or many other websites.
>>
File: 1463002859611.jpg (27KB, 434x484px)
1463002859611.jpg
27KB, 434x484px
>>28335011
>kotaku is a fine website
>>
>>28335098
So is /vp/ to be honest. If you want non biased news, just stick with Serebii. Otherwise, just ignore the opinionated shit and take your own stand.
>>
>>28335100
>>28334882
>>
>>28334796
VG news: Serebii
TCG news: PokeBeach
Random shit I look up: Bulbapedo
>>
>>28334796
This very place. One long thread about a leak? Anons shitposting.

Multiple threads also mean shitposting but also that news just came in
>>
>>28335154
So you're a GamerGate faggot? I understand now, that's all you had to say.
>>
>>28334796
sure as fuck not that tabloid gossip rag. Just stick to the pokemon fansites.
>>
>>28335204
No, but how the hell can you consider that good journalism?
>>
>>28335143
/vp/ is biased but in a million different ways. when somebody writes an article for kotaku their is no counterpoint available. /vp/ is all counterpoints.

>>28335137
if you want a broad range of news from the gaming world
>>
File: l.jpg (67KB, 400x400px)
l.jpg
67KB, 400x400px
>>28334796
Fastest: /vp/ itself and serebii
Most realiable: serebii

You don't need anything else unless you care about TCG, then you should follow Pokébeach too. Either way you should never pick shittaku, ever.
>>
>>28335100
>this generic speaker rig has two lights attatched to it
>best make a clickbait title and slap together an article from three sentences
>gets as much space in the sidebar as actual news
I just want my journalism to be better than this.
I just get kinda sad when I realise every major news source on the planet stoops to the level of some dipshit distraction meme joke in order to shill some advertising money. News is so, so important, and this is still something people casually toss into the Times

But then again, we're literally talking about video games so in this case sure xddd glados
>>
>>28335011
Kotaku is a sensational tabloid blog. There are significantly better sites if you just want broad bare bones video game news.

As for pokémon specifically you come a long way with Serebii and the official sites, add in /vp/ if you want opinions and speculation too.
>>
>>28335204
Is that shit from like 3 years ago
>>
Seriously, /vp/ is the best place. All news end up here practically immediately due to all the hype threads and thanks to so many anons posting new information here as soon as they find it. The thing that /vp/ has over Serebii for example is that you can also see leaks here too. Joe often refuses to post leaks on his site if they're not confirmed to be legit so many times you can see new Mons on /vp/ before Serebii makes a post about them. The only downside is that /vp/ also has lots of fake leaks so everything should be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>28334796
Not that.

Pokebeach has more integrity than that.
>>
>>28334882
A bunch of 20-30 somethings who are not funny, try to be witty with half-baked researched disguised as news.

You wouldn't hire an untrained actor for a big part on a movie. You wouldn't hire an unskilled worker for skilled labor. So why would you enable supposed journalists that suck at doing their homework much less come up with a decent thinkpiece just because the name is big?
>>
>>28335253
>if you want a broad range of news from the gaming world

Then go to SiliconEra, SankakuComplex or Joystiq. Those places don't put the cart before the horse.
>>
>>28335143
When did /vp/ became a news site? A news site should be impartial and write articles with quality.
You browse /vp/ to get the actual opinions of a bunch of anons, instead of other sites that requires an username, where they need to keep up faces.
>>
>>28335253
Kotaku is the equivalent of paparazzi sites for videogames. Except that they have to make even more shit up because they don't have any insider info.
>>
/vp/ is undeniably the fastest. Just look out for anything posted like 10 times in CAPS, with at least one of them having several hundred replies. All this before Joe can even make a move
>>
>>28335100
>Nothing wrong with that
You says as if that is a good article. They were obviously aiming at retards who actually loses time with their clickbaits.
>>
>>28334796
Poke youtubers.
>>
>>28337095
This. It takes time for people at serebii write an article with the main points, link the proper sources, and make sure they didn't write any bullshit.
Compared to New thread, "HOLY SHIT GUYS, GET IN HERE!", /vp/ is fast.
>>
Bulbapedia is best for discussing leaks.
>>
>>28335098
Agreed. In the last year year they have been sticking their nose into political issues and they love to fan trolling flames like the pokemon go launch and no man's sky "multiplayer".

I was hoping the gawker bankruptcy would take them down too.
>>
>>28335143
Hey, this sounds crazy but an imageboard that's mostly for banter, sexualizing questionably depicted cartoon characters and racist jokes is not held on the same standard the same as a site that claims to be about news coverage.
>>
>>28337450
Bulbapedia is filled with 12 year old kids that has the "real until proven fake" mentality, half of them fail to grasp that people make fake leaks here all the time.
>>
>>28335204
Hi Tumblr, go fuck yourself.
>>
Serebii, Bulbapedia, and Pokebeach are the only good places. And here if you can put up with all of the shitposting.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.