[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are they Pokémon or not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ub-01-770x562.png (418KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
ub-01-770x562.png
418KB, 770x562px
Are they Pokémon or not?
>>
>>28333532
I say no and I hope that's the case. In game bosses that aren't catchable sounds sooo fucking appealing
>>
>>28333557
THIS. I hope they aren't Pokémon. I have wished non-Pokemon bosses since I was a child.
>>
>>28333617
I'm surprised it hasn't happened sooner. There was a boss battle in xd gale of darkness where you fight a giant robo Groudon and it made me think of all the team rocket robots they would use to catch pokemon. Imagine the team your facing has a robot with no weakness a flamethrower in one arm and a water canon in another. It would be cool if boss battles were fought in doubles or even trip/rotation battles
>>
>>28334177
This is genuinely cool. I hope Ultra Beast are bosses with similar context.
>>
We don't know.
>>
>>28334177
Now that you mention it, Rotation Battles would really lend themselves to a boss battle scenario.
>>
>>28334360
I hope so! Since they have no type/weaknesses (for all we know) it would be cool to use more than one pokemon to fight it.

>>28334401
Even if it doesn't happen this gen since game freak is clearly changing it up I'm sure there's a chance it could happen sometime in the future
>>
File: 4ev4.jpg (103KB, 1328x720px) Image search: [Google]
4ev4.jpg
103KB, 1328x720px
A boss battle idea i have would be corrupted celebi starts fucking shit up and the 3 legendary beasts come and lend you there strength in a rotation battle. After you win you get to keep one of the beasts and the other two become roaming pokemon
>>
Yes, its a pokemon game ya retarts
>>
Heaven forbid they're Pokemon/Human hybrids, fusions, experiments or whatever the hell you want to call it. I want to keep that Digimon asspull away from Pokemon as far as possible.
>>
>>28334682
This, if they HAVE to be super speshul monsters let them be a third faction wholly or just really good synthetic beasts. None of this DNA splicing nonsense
>>
>>28334696
There's a strong possibility the jellyfish just molded itself after Lilly and not actually be her
>>
>we want the bloodborne audience
>>
>>28333532
Probably not.

They're likely HP sponges that can use more than on Ability and have resistences that aren't possible in Pokemon (i.e. UB-01 could take 1/8th Fire Damage, 1/2 Electric Damage, Neutral Fighting Damage, 1.2x Steel, 1.2x Steel, etc.)
>>
>>28334639
Why boss battles did not exist yet?
How much of missed opportunities...
>>
>go to pokemon.com, which takes you to the official SM site
>click Pokémon
>no sign of UB-01
There you go.
>>
>>28335122
They did, its called the Gym Leaders/Pokemon League.
>>
>NPC
>>
>>28335166
> Basic trainers with 3 Pokémon or less and two paraphs of text
> Interesting Boss battle

Gym leaders are boss battles, yes, but there's no difference between another common trainer and them.
>>
>>28335424
I dunno man, BW1 had some bomb ass trainer battles with N and Ghetsis AND the League in general. They just need to step up on the characterization of the trainers is all. ORAS was a step in the right direction in that since so many trainers had thematic Megas for their main Pokemon.
>>
>>28335479
Well since gen 7 has no gyms in game boss battles that aren't trainers sounds cool especially since this ultra beast numba 1 meaning we could have.. Oh idk 8?
>>
>>28335122
When horde battles were revealed I was excited to see how they'd change legendary battles but they dropped the ball.

>legendaries could have 4 support pokemon that use Follow Me, Heal Pulse, Heal Bell, etc.
>battles with legendaries could actually be a challenge instead of a chore

I guess totem battles are getting close.
>>
>>28335515
We have Kahunas and Trial Captains for each Island though.

2 x 4 = 8

:^)
>>
>>28335515
Theyre probably replacement for Elite 4 and the rival. So 5.
>>
Calling it now, if they're not genetic freaks, the ending of the game will reveal that that they come from the Distortion World tieing in with the D/P remake.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.