[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Type:Null >is normal type what did gamefreak mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: type-null-198364-640x320.jpg (24KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
type-null-198364-640x320.jpg
24KB, 640x320px
>Type:Null
>is normal type

what did gamefreak mean by this?
>>
File: 1473206665958.png (202KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1473206665958.png
202KB, 1000x800px
>>28333008
>>
>is not SE against anything
>has the fewest type relationships
>is the default type for type changing Pokemon and moves
Normal IS the Null type, as well the Sound type, Amniote type, and Chansey type.
>>
How the hell can u use a dodgy fan theory, and have no doubt about it, it is dodgy, to justify a clear awful naming choice? Code zero, code null, any of these would have been better but not TYPE ok because a TYPE is already a fucking thing it's like naming a pokemon. It's stupid asf and no one can argue that without being a complete fucking idiot
>>
what the pic says. It's not its type being nothing, it's literally ERROR: the pokemon

It's a chimera, a mistake.
>>
Then they should have called it error the pokemon not fucking Type:Null. Even Typenull would have been better. The colon makes absolutely no sense. Nothing makes sense
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullable_type
>>
>>28333222
Kinda like Missigno, right? Doesn't that also sound stupid?

It's a reference
>>
They dropped the ball by not giving it an ability that neutralizes all attacks used by or against it.
>>
the mean check em
>>
>>28333222
I don't understand how so many people are getting triggered over an experiment having a non-standard name.

>>28333384
I still think this thing is going to get an alt form.
>>
>>28333008
Normal has always been a "base" type.

Type: Null, Smeargle, Arceus, Ditto. Pokemon like that are Normal. The only one that broke this convention was Psychic Type Mew
>>
Maybe it'll get Protean or some other type-altering ability when you remove the mask (which I assume will be extremely painful, for you).
>>
>>28333471
>flies, can teleport, shield itself with psychic energy, and project energy powerful enough to destroy a building
>should be normal
>>
It's nothing like missingno because that was a glitch also it's name isn't Missing: no. It's missingno.like my earlier suggestion of Typenull.
>>
>>28333490
>Arceus ring around neck
>Designed to fight gods/legends
>Has a limiter

HA or Alt-forme will let it use Arceus' plates - mark my words. They're useless outside of Arceus and so this would give them both another use and match lore-wise.
>>
Why didnt they just type it as '???' it would have made more sense.
>>
>>28333438
>I don't understand how so many people are getting triggered over an experiment having a non-standard name.
90% of this board is legitimately autistic.
>>
>>28333008

What if Type: Null is the Normal/All cat that leakers kept mentioning?
>>
>>28335171
I don't see it. I think normal fits it. Even if it defies the definition of nornal.
>>
>>28333008

Normal has always been the type for Pokemon that don't fit into any other type.

Type: Null is a chimera made up of parts of other Pokemon. It's all of those types, but none of them.
>>
>>28333008
>what did x mean by this?

This meme should stop.
>>
>>28333052
Why is it TYPE null though? Something like number or species would be more logical.
>>
>>28333052
>an English error message would not make sense in the localised context
And all the other names based on English words do?

Regardless, that explanation still doesn't make sense because programming always uses English tokens like 'type' and 'null'.
>>
>>28335337
it's supposed to be a pokedex error message. do some simple research.
>>
>>28335337
Because it is. It makes sense too, just as much as any error code name. You don't want it to because it's clearly making you sperg out but that's not GameFreak's problem it's yours.
>>
>>28333008
Why isn't it a ??? type?

What's with all the balls retarded typings this gen?
>>
>>28335388
>Why isn't it a ??? type?

because that's not a thing you moron
>>
>>28335171

In what world does that resemble a cat?
>>
>>28335388
They removed ??? type Gen V and Normal is already sufficient enough for the theme
>>
>>28335434
It kind of has kitty ears. Kind of.
>>
Would /vp/ had been okay if they created a new type specifically for this Pokemon that was never used again?
>>
>>28335422
>because that's not a thing you moron

Yes it is, it has been since Gen I.

>>28335441
And now they've got an appropriate reason to bring it back since they literally created a Pokemon for that typing. Normal is not appropriate at all.
>>
With all this talk of Arceus, could this mean gen 4 confirmed?
>>
>>28335458

Yes, because "cat" is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see that thing. If they were referring to Type:Null they would have described it as being a chimera or wearing a mask, not just a fucking cat.
>>
>>28335493
>Null typing
>weak to nothing, effective against nothing
I wish.
>>
>>28335506
>Yes it is, it has been since Gen I.
they removed it entirely after gen 4
>>
>>28335377
It doesn't make sense since it's not the type that's giving an error, but the pokemon itself. Its typing is completely normal.
>>
>>28335581
See the post you replied to.
>>
>>28335506

??? didn't exist in Gen 1 you retard and got dropped entirely in Gen 5
>>
>>28335613
It's a normal/null dual type
>>
File: 1356257195178.png (11KB, 400x440px) Image search: [Google]
1356257195178.png
11KB, 400x440px
>>28335328
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>28333008
It's probably what the Pokedex will read because its real name has been banned from Pokedex listings.

It's an illegal Pokemon.
>>
test
>>
>>28335620
yes, the post i replied to both stated that ?? type existed since gen 1 and also admitted that it no longer existed

since these two comments are completely contradictory i choose to simply respond to the one that was in reply to my comment
>>
>>28335740
So you have no argument, alright just checking.
>>
>>28333222

>I'm an autist who plays a children's game

>I know what's best for said children's game
>>
>>28335328

>this meme should stop

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>28335528
>>28335434
>>28335458
It's beneath the mask.
Type:Null is the kittycat
cap this post
>>
>>28333052
Wouldn't Mewtwo's name be the same, then, given that it produced a similar error in the anime and undoubtedly wasn't in the Pokedex before being captured by Red?

The only way I see that working is if Type: Null is a general term and this Pokemon is renamed in later games.
>>
>>28335542
Normal type is the closest to that really. Besides the fighting resistance it works I think.
>>
>>28336967
Weakness, I mean.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.