[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about the alola region towns,routes etc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

And the graphics of gen 7 overall?
>>
Fucks-up-the-frame-rate/10
>>
>>28332698
That look good
>>
If I'm being honest the graphics look pretty poor, and the aesthetic style doesn't seem to have evolved much past the point Pokemon settled on around gen 4, where the majority of buildings look like plastic space ships and appear pretty divorced from their environment. The rural settings are fine enough, but even then Pokemon centers look like crap shoved into villages.

I wish Pokemon would go a little harder after their miyazaki-boner, it's there in some places but absent in important ones. It would make the architecture so much less... Isolated. Pokemon's rural settings are usually great--its their urban settings that absolutely shit the bed
>>
>>28332797
thats just like

your opinion

man
>>
>>28332797
I disagree, I think buildings only look bland in Sinnoh and Kalos.

I agree on the Pokemon Centres though, Johto had Centres and Marts with softer colours for the rural towns, with some being replaced by herb shops. The ultra-modern centres of Alola kind of clash in some places.

I'm also fine with the aesthetics of (some) regions. At least all of them sans Sevii are in 3D now.

I do agree that aesthetics arent usually taken as far as they should. Johto should have been more autumn-y, and Hoenn should have had a full on Jungle, for instance

>>28332856
Obviously? What was the point of this post?
>>
File: 1473170222033.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473170222033.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
Graphics I can't say because I've never cared about graphic quality.

The region itself looks really nice, the lighting etc. is masterful and it's such a pretty region, the latest trailer gave me some comfort in showing just how diverse the region is as I was honestly expecting for everything to be pretty much the same besides obligatory ice area and volcano.

I'm still slightly concerned looking at the size of the map that the region will be smaller than I'd like, but it seems like there's a lot of places which are actually bigger than they look on the map. If you look at the live action trailer, it looks like they've kind of pursued the theme of 'exploration'; so instead of having a big expansive region, you actually have a smaller region with loads of tucked away areas to explore. I noticed this particularly in that kind of forest/waterfall area on the trailer just before the latest one where you're riding a Pokemon, it looked really big in there but on the map it's tiny.

Not to mention that it looks like there will be other outlying islands to travel to as well. Overall, I'm excited.
>>
>>28332698
it still looks like ass I'm pretty sure the 3DS is more than capable. Even some older DS games look better than this.
>>
>>28332797
>I wish Pokemon would go a little harder after their miyazaki-boner, it's there in some places but absent in important ones.

I don't agree with the rest of your post but I agree with this. Pokemon does rural absolutely brilliantly.
>>
>>28332797
>and the aesthetic style doesn't seem to have evolved much past the point Pokemon settled on around gen 4, where the majority of buildings look like plastic spaceships and appear pretty divorced from their environment
>>
>>28332967
Why would the size worry you? Smaller regions filled with areas and giving you a full sense of the place are the best
>>
it looks about as good as you could expect from the 3DS

I like that they're deviating away from a hard grid format, hopefully once they move to next gen they'll drop it entirely
>>
>>28332698
As an islander they need to show more fucking comfy beaches than cities. Fucking Jap pieces of shits don't even understand why they want to occupy Hawaii in the first place.
>>
>>28333098

If they get it right, it'll be great.

I just like the sense of adventure you get from a big region. I'm the kind of person that keeps on playing long after the postgame just roaming around catching Pokemon travelling about.

If the region is too small, I'll tire of it very quickly. Hoenn felt very self-contained and samey and it's my least favorite region of them all.
>>
>>28332961
Holy shit,this looks fucking amazing.
>>
>>28332961
>brown cutie with modest breasts dancing at 0:07

MY PENISSSSSS
>>
>>28333210
I have a feeling that the more fleshed-out 3-dimensional overworld and characters will make the region feel a lot bigger than past regions.

This combined with the general aesthetic of the Hawaii-inspired islands and all the different terrains included will likely make for an unforgettable Pokemon game, visually.
>>
>>28332998
This town could be recreated in Platunum though. Bad example

>>28333210
Hoenn was pretty big, but a lot of it's size was the water.

Still, Johto is pretty small and Unova has small routes, but those are my favourites because they are fleshed out so well and dont seem to have unecessary locations. At least 4 towns in Hoenn could have not existed
>>
>>28332961
Can this one be in 3D? Please? ;_;
>>
Anyone else get a completely different vibe from these games? Like they feel like a brand new take of the series as a whole. Does anyone feel like they are more true to the whole RPG genre, based off of what we've seen and the vibes we're getting?
>>
>>28333566

You actually use 3d? Why?
>>
>>28333596
Not really, no.
>>
>>28333596
to be honest I feel like SM with be a disappointment. I'm not hyped at all compared to how hyped I was for BW and XY
>>
>>28332698
I love the look of the new harbour town with the pokemon themed boat houses
>>
>>28332797
>Pokemon's rural settings are usually great--its their urban settings that absolutely shit the bed

This! Yo-kai Watch really impressed me with the detail and vastness of the urban setting. Pokemon generally excels moreso in creating rural environments.

I do think you're being a bit harsh though. This is the most beautiful region I've seen in the games. It actually feels like a living and breathing world full of personality, unlike Kalos, which felt hollow.
>>
>>28332698

Beautiful region.
>>
>>28332856
Holy shit what a butthurt little child you are.
>>
>>28333673
I get what you mean, I was really excited for BW when it was coming out but I really didn't enjoy it. Something about the game being drastically different, and even better (I didn't see it as better at the time though) turned me off to it. I could see SM being the same for people
>>
>>28333721
>>>/v/
>>
>>28333673
>>28333729
I think people are getting dangerously hyped this game. Quote me on this, but the most hyped people now will be the most disappointed. The people who are more cautious and skeptical will be the ones loving it
>>
>>28333729
Yeah, I still dislike BW. I like the pokemon but I seriously can't play those games. They are so bland.

I was really disappointed with XY. The difference with BW is that 3 years later, if you disregard the pacing issues,, the games are really enjoyable. There's a lot of replayability.

I don't want SM to be a bland game likw BW or requiring 3 years before I fully appreciate them. I want them to be more like the first 4 gen where even with some flaws they were enjoyable at first.
>>
>>28333523

Johto is small but either end of Johto are the complete opposite of each other so it feels a lot bigger.

Also every game with Johto in it has had Kanto on top, so there's extra space there.

>>28333346

Totally, it's already unforgettable. I think the key will be to make 100% use of all the space which I think they're aiming for already. If the region is going to be smaller and comfier, the trick will then be in making the postgame extensive and having lots of different things to do scattered around the islands.

Overall I'm excited. The last trailer gave me way more hope for the region.

IMO, I think Ohmori looked at the soaring mechanism and saw potential. I'm not sure we'll have soaring this time around, but I think in a couple of Gens the goal will be to have a region which is completely open - not so much in story but in the respect that everywhere is explorable and there aren't fences and invisible walls blocking everything off. I think we're going to see a big leap towards that with S/M.
>>
>>28332698
I really just hope 3D works this time.

If more graphically intensive games can render just fine, I don't get why Gamefreak has so much trouble with it.
>>
>>28333822
It's the people who try to predict new features and lore that get disappointed by the end result. Nothing wrong with hype unless the game ends up being unplayable.
>>
>>28333602
Not him, but I like seeing depth and shape. Adds a bit to the immersion.

I mean, it's not much to explain.
>>
>>28332698
They look okay, but I feel like the region will be too empty/bland. This is especially evident at any hills contrasting with the sky - it's just a basic hill with flat grass texture and some trees here and there. Also, given the shit hardware of the 3DS, severe lack of anti-aliasing.
>>
>>28332961
>no anti-aliasing
Disgusting
>>
>>28332698
Great visuals let down by poor implementation and resolution.

Resolution isn't everything, ResiRev proved that, but to get around the limitations of the display you need a creative and clever implementation.
>>
I think we'll need to wait to GEN 8 to have good graphics.
>>
File: Johto with locations connected.png (3MB, 2889x1518px) Image search: [Google]
Johto with locations connected.png
3MB, 2889x1518px
>>28333980
True, I realise that unlike most regions that are nice shapes (Sinnoh is a Triangle, Kanto is a square), Johto has a lot of areas that just out to make it longer. But I'm saying that, with how close everything is, we get a sense of exploring the entire region, which helps with the experience. Alola looks to be the same way

>>28334068
I mean, I suppose that's true. But I dunno man, people saying this is already thier favourite games because it's different so it's gotta be great, I'm just hoping I'll like it. I'm not going to have any story expectations or anything
>>
>>28334039
Because Gamefreak can't code. That has always been and always will be their problem.
>>
>>28333980

The Charizard rental gives me hope. I loved soaring. It was a great way to explore the region and mirage spots were fun. And I know people here didn't like it but playing legendary hunter was a blast too. I just wish there were in game clues to those spots. I didn't like using a guide to figure out how many I could find.
>>
>>28334179

I think Johto gets a bad rap when I comes to its size. It isn't huge but it's not that small.

There are just a lot of shortcuts to cut down on exploration after a while and GSC themselves are really fast paced games. It makes Johto feel smaller than it really is.
>>
>>28334081

To me it strains the eyes and the classic 3ds doesn't really do it well. I hear the new 3ds is better with it but in general it's a fad that I was happy to see die out.
>>
>>28334406
I think it's small, but noticeably smaller than any other region like say, Kanto is. And yeah, it has many optional locations, and places that you revist with more of it opening up to you
>>
>>28334871
*not noticeably smaller
>>
>>28333721
Its a Big Lebowski reference you crotch dumpling.
>>
File: 1473184094802.gif (1MB, 346x261px) Image search: [Google]
1473184094802.gif
1MB, 346x261px
>>28334081
>Adds a bit to the immersion.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.