[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay,i've skipped gen 6 and i was wondering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13

If is there any reason to buy any gen 6 game?
-Only 72 new pokemon
-No post-game
-Shit region

I've watched game plays and feels like souless reash from BW.
>>
Nah,they're shit games,OP.
Wait for Sun and Moon.
>>
>>28331692
The only real reason is to catch them all.

Don't forget, OP, not catching them all is a bannable offense on this board.
>>
>>28331731
That is one of the reasons i love pokemon.
Only 72 new creatures feelt dissapointing to me.
90 would'veen better i hope sun and moon has at least 90 new pokemon.
Aloso,Kalos is fucking shit...Alola looks awesome and comfy,and the story seems intersting
>>
>>28331755
Kalos was kind of a dead region, yeah. If you are going to use Bank, get a copy of OR as AS and start trading or inject the Kalos pokemon.
>>
>>28331755

Just wait OP, don't bother with Gen 6, and then even if Gen 7 is a little short on the mons, it'll feel like there are more because there's 72 leftovers you haven't caught yet.
>>
>>28331785
>>28331810
Sorry for the ignorance,but do you have a list of all the kalos pokemon? i don't know them,since i stoped playing in GEN 5 (black and white are awesome games,dear god o.o)
>>
>>28331692
So you can shitpost about them while being an informed citizen.
>>
>>28331884
http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Generation_VI_Pok%C3%A9mon

That includes Megas.
>>
>>28331692
None at all. Just wait for Sun/Moon. Gen 6 is just disappointing all around.
>>
>>28331692
No.
X&Y are bad games and ORAS is still worse than Emerald.
>>
>on a Pokemon board
>doesn't play ever main game
Just buy it retard. Sell it after SM comes out if you don't like it.
>>
>>28331692
Yeah go ahead and ask "shitpost: the board" im sure you'll get valuable responses. Read some normal opinions by users on the fan review sites
>>
>>28331755
>90 is acceptable
A gameboy game had 151 new pokemon. Any less is unacceptable
72 was fine. 90 seems like a pretty arbitrary number to be acceptable. If XY had 90 new pokes people would complain itdidnt have 100
>>
>>28332532
To be fair Emerald is one of the best games. Aside from Black and White 2 everything else is worse than it.
>>
>>28332580
>A gameboy game had 151 new pokemon.
They also didn't have anything else to worry about like forms, overworld design, side content and so on.
>>
I remember loving X when it came out despite the lack of new Pokemon. The new ones were all pretty good in the main game actually. Very few actual shitmons.

That said, Gen 6 left a lot to be desired. Lots of cool new features, but the Gyms are all piss easy. Makes me glad they seem to be doing something different in S/M.
>>
File: 1423947755554.png (39KB, 159x163px) Image search: [Google]
1423947755554.png
39KB, 159x163px
>tfw you're the only person on a Pokemon board who genuinely likes the most recent generation of Pokemon
>>
In the same situation as OP, stopped playing at B/W. Need a new gaming system to get S/M but I want to play the games I missed in the meantime so I have been thinking of getting a 2DS or 3DS to play gen 6 and the remakes and maybe b/w 2, what do you guys recommend though?
>>
>>28332666
Honestly, the best time to play X/Y was when they just came out and everyone was playing together. For the online experience.
>>
Play them so you can have a better appreciation of how good S/M are going to be

Don't play ORAS. Trust us. Don't do it.
>>
>>28331692
Gen 5 was awful, so playing Gen 6 helped to forget this mess

But now that SM is coming and looks better than anything post Gen 4, I don't see the point
>>
>>28332694
No. There are dozens of us!
>>
>>28331692
>-Shit region

Kalos was billions times better than bland ass Unova
>>
desu OP it sounds like you made up your mind long before you made this post and just wanted another shitposting thread
>>
>>28331692
>Only 72 new pokemon
those 72 pokemon are better than the 150 from gen V. Quality>Quantity
>No post-game
Never really cared for that. Battle Maison was just as great as the battle tower. Online battling is online battling, nothing really changed beside the fact that we can battle randoms on the battle spot.
>Shit region
That an opinion. It's not the best but it's not the worst. Better than gen 1, 3 and 5 in my opinion. (in terms of region design)
>>
>>28332694

I do too Anon, I think Kalos is a lovely region and Gen 6 Pokemon are great. OR/AS....not so much, but I was never a Gen 3 fan so I wasn't expecting miracles.
>>
>>28331884
You're trying too hard to shitpost, nobody will take the bait
>asking for list of pokemon instead of googling
>I stopped playing in gen 5
>BW were awesome games
>0.0

trying waaaay too hard
>>
>>28332706
>we'll never have that time again due to the hacking scene
Black and White 2 to mid XY was a beautiful time.
Everyone trading Magnemites to build up their join avenue, sharing FCs for Friend Safaris and trading breeding rejects to help people out.

It's a shame really.
>>
Well,thank for the responses,i'll wait for Sun and Moon it looks like a really good game,it reminds me of Dragon Quest VIII for some reason.
On a side note i'm a newfag here,sorry if im to ignorant for asking this,but we know how many new pokemon SM has and how long the game will be story-wise? ty.
>>
>>28332569
OP is probably a dumbfuck who made his idea on these games he didnt play on /vp/ and made this thread to have his opinion this board built for him confirmed
>>
>>28332711
>Don't play ORAS. Trust us. Don't do it.
I want this meme to die. There's nothing wrong with ORAS. RSE are outdated as hell because of the lack of physical/special split and ORAS added a lot of cool stuff like Delta Episode, Mirage Islands, soaring, improved secret bases and so on in addition to being up-to-date with Fairy-type, Mega Evolution and all the other stuff. I honestly don't understand how a Pokemon fan can dislike ORAS because the games are really good. Literally the only legit complaint I've seen is the lack of Battle Frontier but that alone doesn't turn a game into shit.
>>
>>28332758
>Quality>Quantity
Not true in Gen 6's case
>>
>>28332812
It is when compared to Gen 5
>>
>>28332786

ORAS was great feature-wise, but the game itself was too easy. I'm naturally biased though because I've never liked Hoenn.
>>
>>28332786
It's been a meme to shit on anything Hoenn for a while now.
It's better to just ignore them and carry on because it's still not going to change the public reception of ORAS and that they're the second best selling remakes and are closing in on the top.
>>
>>28332780
>Kalosperm triggered because his shit game is beign called what it is: PURE GARBAGE.
>>
At this point, you're doing it to have better access to 6th gen mons since I doubt many of them will be available in SM. With wi fi trades being in full swing again, though, you could find them that way, too. Your only difficulty will be Xerneas and Yveltal, since not many would have spares of them. It's up to you if you want to do it just for that.
>>
>>28331692
-beautiful region
-a lot of good pokemon
-Megaevolution is cool no, seriously
-good story
-customization
-prequell of SM
-waifus
-husbandos
-HUGE regional dex (+450 mons)
>>
>>28332855
Looks like OP showed his true face at last
I demand a ban for inciting gen wars
>>
>>28332758
I don't care if they'e ugly or not.
I just want to discover new pokemon and using them on battle,that's why i enjoyed BW,because it had a lot of fun trying all of those new pokemon.
>>
>Genwars
What the hell i'm not even that guy,also i'm just askif if buy XY or just wait for SM.
>>
File: pokemonxy_01-590x397.jpg (98KB, 590x397px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonxy_01-590x397.jpg
98KB, 590x397px
>>28331692
I'm just going to go ahead and be the minority and say that X/Y renewed my interest in Pokemon. I loved the areas, I loved the music, and there legitimately isn't a single new Pokemon that I disliked out of that region. (Megas are a different story. Mega Electrike is shit.) If you haven't played a game since B/W1, it might be worth it just to dip your toes back in and catch some of your old favorites that you've never had a chance to use before. I actually really appreciated that I could use guys like Jolteon and Gardevoir for the first time, without feeling guilty that I'm passing up too many new Pokemon. Plus the whole game being in 3D added a fresh change on an aging formula.

While the count of new Pokemon is low, they're spread out even enough that you'll always be seeing new faces in every route you're in. I actually raised up probably a dozen Pokemon throughout the course of the game, because I kept running into new guys that I couldn't help but train up. Like I mentioned earlier, you can just straight up find Eevee chilling in the wild by the 3rd gym. I really can't stress enough how much fun it was to see so many Pokemon crammed together in 3D. X/Y is probably the only game I could run through dozens of times just because of the sheer amount of Pokemon they bunch together on each route, you have so many options that it's almost overwhelming!

Where it begins to unravel is the mediocre story, and the piss poor difficulty. The difficulty thing can be partially remedied by just turning off the EXP All as soon as you get it, but honestly, ORAS suffers from the same issues. ORAS' story was delivered far better, but at the sacrifice of some small, yet quality details that you would certainly miss if you were as big a fan of Hoenn as I was. Both games have almost no postgame.

In summary, X/Y is about the journey, not the destination. If you're the type of guy who can have fun taking your time and enjoy raising multiple teams, XY is for you.
>>
>>28332869
So basically the only reason to get XY is.
Nothing?

I mean all of those are in other games.
>>
>>28331692
It is soulless like BW. There's no reason to play it, you made a good decision.
>>
>>28332908
Don't bother with XY and just go with ORAS.
It has everything plus more and a story that actually makes some kind of sense.
>>
>>28332869
>Beautiful region
No.
>"A lot" of good new pokemon
They look good i agree with that
>Megaevolution is cool
I don't care about them,i don't care about metagame
>Good story
I think is boring
>Customization
Good point
>Prequel of SM
Okay,that true
>Waifus
I'm gay,and this game is full of shota shit,meh.
>Husbandos
Shota,yeah no.
>HUGE regional dex
I don't give tree fucks,i buy the game for the new pokemon and the region
>>
>>28332909
Sorry,but i already catched my old favourites in past games,i'm not buying a game for catching them again,not a point.
>>
>>28332942
Define "soulless".
>>
File: 1365892822530.jpg (20KB, 360x201px) Image search: [Google]
1365892822530.jpg
20KB, 360x201px
>>28332919
>I mean all of those are in other games.

What kind of argument is this?
By that logic there was no point to play Gen 5 either since bland ass region (Kanto) and shitty pixelized sprites were already findable in previous game

Unless of course you think that an iceacream pokemon is enough of an innovation to make buying the games worth it, but then I'd argue 3D models, amie and Mega-Evolutions were nice innovations as well
>>
>>28332919
>a video game is defined by the features it has on paper
You may as well have stopped at gen 2 then if that's your conclusion
>>
>>28333000
Unova
>>
>>28332909
I'm with you. Playing XY for the first time was the most fun I've had with Pokemon since playing Gen II as a kid. I just love the wild Pokemon variety and going through the routes and finding all the different Mons made me feel like I was on a real Pokemon adventure. The improvement in breeding and EV training also made me get into competitive battling for the first time. I originally got back into Pokemon with Gen IV after years of not paying any attention to the series but XY was what really re-ignited my enthusiasm for the games.
>>
>>28332965
>i buy the game for the new pokemon and the region
Then buy XY, using new Pokemon and exploring a region is the whole point of a new gen anyway
>>
Gen6 is awful in every regard dont waste your money
>>
>>28331692
No. We're too close to SM and the sixth gen was filler tier anyway.
>>
>>28333034
i don't mind old pokemon in the pokedex,but i've seen new pokemon apparear very infrequently i cant make them apparear more often?
>>
>>28332965
>Shota,yeah no.

>Wulfric, Lysandre, Male Veteran, Wikstrom, Xerosic, AZ
>Shota
>>
>>28332694
Maybe it's time to look inside yourself, anon.
>>
File: XY_Worker_A.png (93KB, 267x437px) Image search: [Google]
XY_Worker_A.png
93KB, 267x437px
>>28332965
>Husbandos
>Shota,yeah no.
Implying
>>
>>28332786
Yeah ORAS is so good that it caused Pokemon to skip a holiday season, end the 6th gen early, change their management structure and build a game that completely overhauls the mechanics and structure of the series.

That is definitely what a studio does when they've produced a good game that was well received.

ORAS was a lazy, boring cash in that intentionally ignored features from emerald, ran like dogshit and was pitifully easy. It had some good aspects, it looked nice, soaring was cool, but it's a weak release. You can love the series and recognize this. It's the only game in the series I beat once and never touched again.

Even if you won't recognize this, it's apparent that somebody(bodies) with power at nintendo and or gamefreak did.
>>
File: Gen 6 in one picture.png (115KB, 135x393px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 6 in one picture.png
115KB, 135x393px
>>28331692
>is there any reason to buy any gen 6 game?
No
>>
>>28333110
>Yeah ORAS is so good that it caused Pokemon to skip a holiday season, end the 6th gen early, change their management structure and build a game that completely overhauls the mechanics and structure of the series.
That's bullshit though, do you know that every games is planed like 4 years in advance ? ORAS didn't change shit to the production
>>
>>28333110
>sold slightly less than HG/SS on a platform that sold only a third of what the DS sold
Sounds like a victory to me
>>
>>28333101
damn.what a man
is he in XY? he looks hot as fuck
>>
File: Gardevoir.png (3MB, 1918x962px) Image search: [Google]
Gardevoir.png
3MB, 1918x962px
>>28332995
Have you seriously combed through 600-something Pokemon and trained up every single one you've had a passing interest in? My main point was (though I ran out of space to fully express it), there are so many Pokemon in this game that you can finally get around to guys that you've passed over before. Like, Gardevoir as an example for me. I passed by a female Ralts in an early route and went "Meh, why not?". 80 hours later (Like I said, I took my time.), and Gardevoir leapfrogged up from being a Pokemon I really never gave a shit about due to its fanbase, to legitimately becoming my 3rd favorite Pokemon of all time because she was a top-tier bro. I have a dozen other examples of guys that I never payed attention to before on top of the new Pokemon, and raising all of them together really crafted together one of my favorite experiences in the series.

>>28333026
This guy gets it. That's exactly how I felt going through X/Y, though ironically enough Gen IV is what originally killed the series for me. Going back and having a Garchomp and Weavile on my team in X/Y pretty much made up for it, though.
>>
>>28333171
Yes, there's like only three of them in Terminus cave
>>
>>28331692
Wait to see how Poke Bank works.
If you can still import from G5 -> Pokebank then withdraw those G5 pokemon, you're fine to skip.
>>
>>28333110
>Yeah ORAS is so good that it caused Pokemon to skip a holiday season, end the 6th gen early, change their management structure and build a game that completely overhauls the mechanics and structure of the series.
Huh, I guess Gen 2 was the worst in the series. Especially since they did all this AND cut off the Pokemon.

>That is definitely what a studio does when they've produced a good game that was well received
It must be considering they've been met with praise outside of here and are quickly rising to the best selling remake spot despite being on a system that sold considerably less than the GBA and DS.

>ORAS was a lazy, boring cash in that intentionally ignored features from emerald, ran like dogshit and was pitifully easy. It had some good aspects, it looked nice, soaring was cool, but it's a weak release. You can love the series and recognize this. It's the only game in the series I beat once and never touched again.
Sorry but lazy remakes don't fix up the scaling in the game and make much needed improvements the series has been needing for years. Nor do they make lore that's incorporated into the series or put any effort into the story for that matter.
I can think of one remake that didn't do this and I know it'll trigger you if I mention it.

> it's apparent that somebody(bodies) with power at nintendo and or gamefreak did.
Can I just point out one flaw in this logic?
ORAS was directed by Ohmori and then they gave him free reign with Sun and Moon after what a "flop" ORAS was?
>>
>>28333155
>That's bullshit
>Here's bullshit
How bout you source that statement, anon? Because virtually every game development studio on earth works on a 2 year cycle.
>>28333162
Sounds like you aren't a shareholder
>>
>>28333262
>Sounds like you aren't a shareholder
Not an argument
>>
>>28333290
Shh, he's retarded.
>>
>>28333187
Cool for you dude,not everyone plays the game for the same reasons.
OP probably plays for the sense of discovery and new pokemon.
>>
>>28332580
This
50-100 is a nice range per genreation, I preffer this over the "just design anything until we get 150" philosophy that some gen 5 mons had.

Also, OP, I'd say you get ORAS if anything, or play some other gen game in the meantime, like BW2, platinum, or HGSS.
>>
I would say play it but you seem determined to not play it right from the get go.

I don't know why but gen 6 really brought my interest back into pokemon. Don't get me wronget, there is plenty wrong with the generation, all of them things that have been pointed out in this thread.

I hadn't ever not been into pokemon but after putting down B/W2 before I could even get presumably halfway through the game I was disheartened. Something about the Unova region is so off putting to me. I was wondering if it had finally happened and I was too old for pokemon or something, especially when everyone else seemed to love B/W2.

Anyway, Kilos came out and I decided to give it another chance. Again the region has problems but it also seemed to have that magic of playing pokemon back. Each area is stuffed with pokemon from all generations. It was so neat to see them in 3d, it was great to play with them in amie. There weren't a lot of new pokemon but they all felt like they had more care and thought into them. Even the fillermon didn't feel like filler.

Anyway, generation to renewed my interest in pokemon. If you don't want to play it then don't. I have a lot of fun playing though and met a whole lot of new pokebro's.
>>
>>28333333
HOLY MOTHER OF FUCK
>>
>>28333333
This can't be good.
>>
>>28332965
>region
Yes, beautiful. Fuck, "Kalos" literally means "beautiful"

>megas
You don't care megas? Ok, but some people care. If you don't like it just don't use megas, but megas are a nice mechanic

>story
Literally my mom's war, death, genocide and ragnarök is boring? Yeah, sure dude

>only shotas
Lysandre, Grant, Wulfric, Veteran, Wikstrom, AZ, Cassius, Dexio, Sycamore, Tourist, Backpacker, Psychic, Ace trainer, Worker...

>>28332919
>in other games.
>3d
>amie
>megas
>customization
>that Dex
>that story
>that lore
>Kalos mons
>>
File: 1442192116137.gif (971KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1442192116137.gif
971KB, 500x490px
>>28333333
OP asked for reasons to play Gen 6, I gave him mine.

Nice sextuples, by the way.
>>
>>28333333
Sixes of telling an anon to shut up and play the game for your own reasons. Truly perfect.
>>
>>28333365
>>3d
>>amie
>>megas
>>customization
>>that Dex
>>that story
>>that lore
>>Kalos mons
All in ORAS and S&M
>>
I've already done two runs of X to rediscover my passion for pokemon. It succeeded, but now I have worn it out. I can think of nothing else to do with it, and as for OR/AS...I feel like I've already done that with my original playthrough of it. I'd just be doing that again. If I'm going to do something, it'll be something I haven't done yet. I don't have any ideas. Hmmm...perhaps it's time I did something more...unorthodox. A run of pokemon OPPOSITE what I would normally use.
>>
>>28333290
It actually is, anon, when you realize that the companies are completely beholden to shareholders, who look at raw numbers when making decisions. Corporate America is literally built on the foolish choices of shareholders who panic because profits dropped by 1%

But it's OK, just for you we can pretend corporations exist in a vacuum to make you happy. Anything to defend your favorite company, right?
>>
>>28333365
Why I use "mega" so much? I don't know but really doesn't matter, just I'm retarded
>>
>>28332909
This. While I totally understand the criticisms behind XY, I still believe that the first five towns are beautifully paced. It probably has the best beginning to a Pokemon game ever imho. It just gets derailed by a little too much Kanto pandering, a story that had decent premise but was hampered by weak characters (the waifu-bait scientists and Diantha especially), and the game going way too fast after you reach Shalour City.
>>
>>28333382
>ORAS

If you'd rather play a remake than a new region, go for it sad boy
>>
>>28333398
>who look at raw numbers when making decisions.
Which kind of puts a wrench in your logic because ORAS is selling extremely well.
>>
>>28333382
>customization
>Kalos Dex
>Kalos story
>Kalos lore
>Kalos mons
>in ORAS

What's wrong with you?

>in SM
Yeah, in XY sequel, so..? You skipped BW because BW2 exist?
>>
>>28331692
I've been playing since gen 1, and gen 6 was the first gen that I enjoyed enough to buy both games of each set. X, then AS, then Y, then OR.

And now I'm playing through Star Sapphire.

If you like pokemon then of course you should play these games.
>>
>>28333422
>If you'd rather play a remake than a new region
It's not so much that I'd rather play a remake over a new region but a good region over a bad one.
Compared to Hoenn, Kalos is utterly pathetic and small design wise.
Not to mention all of the content in X and Y is literally in ORAS plus other content that hasn't been seen since gen 3.
>>
>>28333461
>>customization
In SM
>>Kalos Dex
All still in ORAS
>>Kalos story
By the same reasoning SM is a sequel ORAS is a prequel that goes into a lot more detail about elements covered in XY
>>Kalos lore
See above
>>Kalos mons
All still in ORAS

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>28333398
The Pokemon Company is doing just fine.They've had heightened merchandise sales for 2014 and 2015, X/Y and OR/AS sold well. And as that other anon said, they made Ohmori the director of S/M, so evidently they weren't displeased by how he did.
>>
File: 1398535725112.png (389KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1398535725112.png
389KB, 1000x1000px
>>28333110
I wish we could finally put an end to this /vp/ contrarian hive mind thing. Let's look at some cold, hard facts instead of some shitposters meme opinions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_3DS_video_games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_game_consoles#Handheld_game_consoles

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon

ORAS are the third best selling 3DS games of all time, surpassing titles like Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros 2 and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. XY are the best selling 3DS games of all times, surpassing all the previously mentioned titles as well as Mario Kart 7. I'm 100% positive that Nintendo agrees with you and acknowledges that XY and ORAS are shitty games that killed the series.

Furthermore, XY and ORAS both sold more than /vp/'s waifu games BW2, while XY sold only slightly less than BW (14,98 million vs 15,60 million) even though DS sold around 2,5 times more than the 3DS. To put this into perspective, 25% of 3DS owners own a copy of XY and 20% own a copy of ORAS, while only 10% of DS owners have a copy of BW and only a measly 5,5% own BW2. I'm sure this is yet another testament of how Gen VI killed the series while Gen V was the savior.

tl;dr I think it's time to stop posting my le epic shitposting friend
>>
If you play principally for the new pokemon,i'll reommend you to drop the series,trust me,i doubt SM will have more pokemon than XY.
>>
>>28333491
It's funny, he's claiming you're turning a blind eye to the goings on in shareholder wise yet he's in full denial about how well this generation has been going.
>>
>>28333504
Oh and just in case he says
>B-but wikipedia
>b-but VGsales
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/3ds.html
Keeping in mind that this was updated before the Pokemon Go boom and we know there was a point where the games were all sold out.
>>
>>28333333
There it is.
>>
>>28333482
>customization
"You skipped BW because BW2 exist?"

>Kalos Dex in ORAS
no???? Kalos mons exist in ORAS, but ORAS
regional Dex is the Hoenn Dex (+ crossgen evos), not the Kalos Dex, retarded

>By the same reasoning SM is a sequel ORAS is a prequel
Literally no

>Kalos lore
ORAS post game expands a small part of Kalos lore, that's all

>Kalos mons in ORAS
Only by trading. You can't find Kalos mons in Hoenn like can find Kalos, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova mons in Kalos.
>>
>>28333760
Klefki,Clauncher and Skerlp live in hoeen trough.
>>
>>28333799
WOW DUDE, WHAT A LOT OF KALOS MON LIVE IN HOENN RIGHT?
You disgust me
>>
>>28333799
>3 pokémon

WOW
>>
>>28333760
>"You skipped BW because BW2 exist?"
There's not much reason to play Black and White so you're kind of right.

>no???? Kalos mons exist in ORAS, but ORAS
>regional Dex is the Hoenn Dex (+ crossgen evos), not the Kalos Dex, retarded
You do realise that mirage islands are a thing as is the dex nav and that the national dex is unlocked before the post game right?

>Literally no
Literally yes. Which is why it does into more detail about mega evolution.

>ORAS post game expands a small part of Kalos lore, that's all
It goes into detail about all of it anon. It even revealed the creation of Mr. Bonding.

>Only by trading.
And the Dexnav and mirage islands. You can get the majority of Kalos mons through those means as you can Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh and Unova mons in Hoenn.

At least play ORAS anon.
>>
File: 1473246043497s.jpg (3KB, 124x86px) Image search: [Google]
1473246043497s.jpg
3KB, 124x86px
>>28333845
>>28333868
Are you autistic or something?
Why do you get so butthurt because this anon mentioned that these 3 pokemon live in hoenn?
>>
>>28333916
>There's not much reason to play Black and White so you're kind of right.

OK, I stopped reading here
I don't know if you're are bait or just retarded, I don't care

OP, just play XY. It's funny. Not perfect (that's SM), but funny and interesting
>>
>>28333954
>write in majuscule to emphasize sarcasm = butthurt

Maybe you're are autistic. Anon, how we can help you?
>>
>>28334007
There isn't any reason to play BW anon. Everything is already in Black and White 2 there's the story but you might as well just look at a synopsis and play BW2 seeing as that's it.
>>
File: (You).png (177KB, 501x506px) Image search: [Google]
(You).png
177KB, 501x506px
>>28334104
>>
>>28334148
Okay, so tell me what's in BW that isn't in BW2.
>>
>>28334191
i you want a full gen V experiecnie i think BW does it better than BW2,
>>
>>28331692
SM is literally just a direct upgrade of XY. Amie remains and is improved, trainer customization remains and is improved, and the PSS will very likely remain or be replaced by something even better.
>>
>>28334235
That doesn't answer the question.
>>
What sort of retardation is going on in this thread? I don't get it. Someone is obsessed with the ORAS remake or something and keeps saying it is better than a new generation? If exploring a new region is important and a big seller for you then why the hell would you play a game with a past region and the only new pokemon are mega's?
>>
>>28334321
Anon, regardless of if it's old or new a bad region is still a bad region.
Kalos is a bad region.
>>
>>28334191
BW I actually finished. In the second game I lost interest when I was forced to do stupid movie shit. Then forced to go through the most boring region in the series once more.
>>
Buying a 2ds rn i thought aabout it and since im not really gonna play outside of the house a 3ds wont make sense
Should i buy refurbished, pre owned or new one?
>>
>>28334346
Why. Why is it bad? It had some I threshing locations, good pokemon, 3d models, a new type, a new battle mechanic(that is optional if you don't care for it). A huge verity of pokemon you can use for a different playthrough as many times as you want. Some of the locations were really pretty. Why is it bad.

Too easy isn't a reason. You can turn off the exp share and you aren't playing pokemon for the difficulty.
>>
>>28334357
see >>28334276
Also why are you talking about a game you haven't played beyond an eighth of?
>>
>>28334417
>rn
>>
Right now?
Actually ill just buy a new one lol thanks for the help now which games should I buy
X,y, or, or as?
>>
>>28334489
ORAS for gameplay
XY for a new region.
>>
>>28334444
Because BW2 was the only pokemon game I never even finished. All the others I finished. But I couldn't even bring myself to finish it. I just could not care and there was not motivation for me to finish it. What does it say about the game when a good deal of people can't even bring themselves to finish the game.
>>
>>28334537
So all 4 of them? I was thinking of one from each if at most.

What did /vp/ choose and like, or still likes if you still do lol.
>>
>>28334554
>What does it say about the game when a good deal of people can't even bring themselves to finish the game.
>good deal
It's small amount of people anon and it just goes to show how impatient those people are if a little bit of text early on is enough to turn them off.
It doesn't actually reflect on the game like you seem to think.
>>
>>28332786
>ORAS added a lot of cool stuff like Delta Episode

I disagree with everything you wrote but this particularly is just insulting.
>>
>>28334565
Wait nvm charizard x is in x only right
Getting x then lol

What about the orass though?
>>
File: 1473164932789.png (157KB, 500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473164932789.png
157KB, 500x1000px
>>28334714
>charizard
>>
>>28334714
You can get every mega stone in ORAS regardless of version if I remember right.
>>
>>28334730
?
>>28334748
Still getting x though havent played gen 6 and guess i eill get the alpha saphire thanks for your help vp cant wait to play sun and moon
>>
Once you're done with the Looker quests in XY you're done until you start a new game and ORAS? Just no.
>>
i actually liked that we're getting less pokemon in every gen,i don't see why people want new pokemon anyway,i think they should stopped in GEN IV.
>>
>>28331692
no reason at all with SM two months away. Go emulate Platinum if you're looking for a fix.
>>
File: Gen VI killed the series.png (1010KB, 2858x1363px) Image search: [Google]
Gen VI killed the series.png
1010KB, 2858x1363px
I made this so that I don't always have to write everything again when unovabortions make retarded claims like "Gen VI killed the series".

As an answer to OP: Play Gen VI. Most of the Pokemon fanbase will agree with you. It's literally just /vp/ that hates it. I challenge you unovabortions to go to any other Pokemon community and see what they think about Generations V and VI. You might be surprised.
>>
>>28335013
But Gen V was good it introduced 156 new pokemon,that maked the game endlessy fun.
>>
>>28335013
>unovabortions
That's not how you spell Sinnohfetuses.
And that's not a joke, they're the only ones that complain about other generations with unexplained hate.
>>
>>28331692
S&M will be the same.
Pokemon is dead. I suggest you don't bother.
>>
>>28332758
>barbacle and friends
>terrible starters
>names like Talonflame
>limited dex led to a region clogged with standards like 3 stage butterfly and 2 stage normal shitmons
Its a poor dex
>>
>>28335681
For whatever reason Barbacle and Binacle are my sisters favorite Karlos pokemon. For her they are "The perfect amount of ugly and I love it." Just because they aren't to your taste doesn't mean other people don't like them.

I loved the starters and the theme to them, again that is your opinion.

Names are also your opinion, I do wish they had kept the arrow theme for the Talonflame line though.

Yet I liked every pokemon in the new dex. They also had older pokemon that weren't just the regional rodent and bug. But those are after you get past the forest, you know, one of the first places you go through in the game.
Thread posts: 137
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.