[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ancient Mew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: ancient_mew_noBG.png (695KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
ancient_mew_noBG.png
695KB, 1300x1300px
With the dense amount of lore surrounding so many legendary and mythical pokemon, how come no one talks about this thing?

You'd think with primal reversion being a thing, Game Freak could touch back on the existence of ancient mew and get really creative with it, especially considering it's in the top 10 most popular pokemon of all time. Except mewtwo gets all the attention and love. (Two mega forms? Really?)

Besides being a marketing ploy for the second movie, what do you think Ancient Mew could have been?
>>
>>28328816
A card
>>
The God of Crabhammers

But really, probably the same thing honestly. It might be why they've never touched on it, its already ancient, and hasn't really changed at all over the years since its lived in seclusion for so long in Guyana and on islands and stuff. For instance, considering what it is and its DNA, it may already technically be Primal.
>>
>>28328816
Given the idea was that it was supposed to be based off an ancient tablet, perhaps that particular mew was venerated as a deity?. For all they can do, it's amazing pokemon aren't more commonly depicted as being worshipped.
>>
>>28328849

That may be true, but Game Freak has a bad habit of being redundant anyway. Should at least have some fun with it.

Couldn't tell that me that poke'fans wouldn't eat this shit up if Ancient Mew became relevant again.
>>
>>28328879
Oh I agree, they really should explore the older legendaries and bring them back to the forefront more and expand on their lore.

I'd say it'll happen eventually, Gen 1 and 2 will one of these get re-remade.
>>
>>28328872
But even in the actual canon, it's stated that in ancient times, mew were much more common, so I doubt they would have been worshiped if there were many of them.

And if that's the case, what made that particular mew in the tablet special?
>>
>>28328816
It''ll appear in the kanto reremakes in 2018. Relax.
>>
>>28328920
Well they might have been worshiped just due to their very nature and lore surrounding them. I mean they are basically the primordial soup of Pokemon.

If I recall somewhere in Gen 4 or 5 it talks about how Humans and Pokemon aren't actually all that different and somewhere diverged at some point. So Humans might actually be a weird Psychic/Normal type or where in the past, and worshiped Mew as sort of a birth-giver/God.
>>
>>28328908
I'm not so sure Gen 2 would get another remake any time soon. Gen 1 is a possibility, but also unlikely. It seems the best we'll get for Gen 1 pandering is alolan forms for Gen 7. Some of them are cool, others are laughable.
>>
>>28329015
Well Gen 4 is likely to get the next remake. Gen 1 and 2 will obviously be years down the line, but imagine what they could do by that point with those games.

I'm just hoping they don't stick to the status quo of how the games function, especially Gen 1, so they don't 'sully' its image. They already added a lot of cool and neat stuff with HGSS and ORAS, so maybe Gen 1 and 4 will get some cool stuff that isn't just Sevii Islands.

Especially on Mewtwo. Mew at least has lore surrounding it, Mewtwo doesn't really have jack shit about it other than it was a clone attempt by Mr. Fiji and the lab burned down. That is basically it, I'm curious if they'd bother giving it Team Rocket connections like all the other material or going a completely different route and why its in a cave, and why the one in Gen 6 the alt. worlds/timeline is in a completely different region.

I also want to see more on Lugia and Ho-Oh. Ho-Oh has some stuff, but Lugia is just sort of there. A bird that isolated itself and destroyed islands due to just its wings flapping. I personally feel like Yvetal and Xernas are weird recreations of those two.
>>
>>28329005
That would have been more viable back before Arceus came into play, pretty much stripping it's speculated status as a possible creator god.

Now the theories of mew revolve around it being the genetic "noah's ark" of pokemon. However with the creation of ditto, mew itself would have also lost that purpose.

Now it just seems like a remnant of ancient times with it's main purpose/function stripped of it.
>>
>>28328929
I hope they add Johto as postgame.
>>
>>28329054
Well I think back in Gen 1 and 2, pokemon lore was much, much simpler. Gen 1 mewtwo has jack shit for a story because it's legend is essentially new, there is nothing more to it than just a few years of existing.

Ho-oh is pretty much poke'jesus, not much more to touch on there.

Lugia's purpose was better explained in the 2nd movie, Being a trio-master to the gen 1 legendary birds.

Things didn't really start to complicated until gen 4 I believe, where lore stopped being limited to just the planet itself and onto a cosmic scale.
>>
>>28329069
I was thinking about that actually. Artificial Pokemon are rather odd in that sense, because some of them are rather old, like Golurk for instance. Then we have instances of Pokemon like Porygon being able to battle physically despite being a digital program, we have Pokeballs that can capture Time and Space Gods, and the Master Ball which they can't even fight against whatsoever, and then the Dracos who see into alternate timelines and dimensions.

Makes you wonder how humans exactly conquered time and space within the Pokemon World. Maybe it had to do with Mew's genetic structure and how he contains all that stuff. Then you wonder about Ditto (I know the theory of it being a failed clone, but who really knows), and the possibility that perhaps all Pokemon are actually artificial, including Arceus. Which would be rather interesting from an actual standpoint and might explain a lot of the stuff regarding Pokeballs, how they're transferable into PCs, and Arceus' bindings and plates that can change him.

Maybe somewhere along the lines, a lot of knowledge was lost in this scenario, or that Pokemon are actually evolving as opposed to metamorphosis, to develop new types as time progresses or like the Alola Forms where they adapt to certain things.
>>
i feel like gamefreak just honestly forgot about mew
cus it felt like they were hinting that it was supposed to be a creator pokemon, or the closest thing to an actual deity, back when all gen1 legendaries were more like Cryptids
but then they dropped the more scientific/zoological outlook on pokemon and just made them straight up magical, and made all the legendaries real gods and shit

i don't mean to sound like a fucking genwunner, but legendary pokemon really suffered from a power creep is what im getting at (if i'm using that phrase correctly?)
>>
>>28329112
That is true. Gen 3 at least had the Weather Trio and their respective things and then Deoxys being a Space Virus as well.

Though it is curious why Mewtwo was created in the first place, I get to clone one of the rarest Pokemon in existence if not the rarest even still, but it still makes you wonder why, and why he's in a cave. I'd really love to see what they could do with that and his story. Which is one of my problems with Pokemon as it goes on, it seems like they take old ideas and just repurpose them into new Pokemon, which is fine, but kind of shitty. Like Yvetal/Xerneas as Lugia/Ho-Oh, Genesect as Mewtwo, etc. You get the point.

I just really wish they'd go back and take a look at other Pokemon, and figure things out. Cubone and the mother's skull paradox is a good instance, or why only Kangaskhan for instance actually grows as it gets older compared to other Pokemon, or what dimension Haunter supposedly comes from and whether that means Gastly does as well, because Mega Gengar can see into other dimensions apparently.
>>
>>28329160
Oh they definitely did, and now they've sort of tapered that off since Gen 4. I feel like they created Dialga and Palkia, but then realized, well Mew doesn't really fit with them, so lets create something different.
>>
>>28329160
I agree with this. it just feels like there were so many ideas and lore that had to be dropped early on, due to fear of religious hints in the game and Nintendo having a huge stance against religions imagery in their licensed games.

Somewhere down the line they obviously stopped giving a fuck about that almost completely. however Gen 1 and 2 seems to suffer fromt hat outdated restriction, and echos of it can be seen in Gen 3.

In fact, I feel the delta episode in OR/AS was finally their chance to tell the story they wanted to, with Rayquaza being worshipped as a god.

if you compare the encounter with Rayquaza between the original Gen 3 games and the remakes, the Original fall very flat, almost feeling like an unfinished story.
>>
>>28329180
There wasn't really much of a story in Kanto games.

>Why is he in a cave
He escaped Cinnabar island and hid away from humans. That's about it.

Too bad FRLG just recycled everything with GBA graphics instead of adding new events and stuff like what ORAS did.
>>
>>28329201
I feel like most of them fall flat and are unfinished stories. Delta Episode really did it well despite people's distaste for it.

I think part of the problem is that GameFreak back then, just threw Legendaries in something and you were supposed to find them and they'd be a tough battle and as things progressed, only the box legendaries got any amount of exposure, with the other Legendaries essentially being just thrown in a random place, or even worse being event only Pokemon that are either handed out or get very barebones events to capture them. Which I think is one of the worst things GameFreak has ever done is making event pokemon, solely because not everyone lives in Tokyo and they seem to forget that, part of the reason StreetPass is a very poor design choice. Like I get version exclusives to encourage trading, but just straight up barring some Pokemon outside of events to me is dumb.
>>
>>28328816
Mew Unbound would be cool
>>
>>28329216
That is my point though, its something they could touch on whenever Gen 1 gets remade again, whether that is in 2020 or 2025 or whenever, ya know. Like they could really expand on this and actually tell a story, because clearly they want to, but were held back by technology at the time.

That is one of my fears of a new Gen 1 remake though, is that because its Gen 1, they don't want to add anything to it and keep it the same, solely because its the original, they don't want to sully that experience by adding a bunch of new stuff. Very similar to how they don't want to fix the Pokedex with Nidoran, or perhaps even switch Raichu over to Dedenne's evolution, or some other things that could be fixed. Hopefully when that day comes I'm just terribly wrong though, they seem to be taking chances with Alola Forms on Gen 1 Pokemon.
>>
>>28329226

maybe they do it to make sure that players native to Japan still get to feel special over the rest of the world? it would be a very shitty reason, but we know Japan is not above that.
Like at all. They literally do it all the time.
>>
>>28329252
Oh I know they do unfortunately, still sucks balls though.
>>
Wait, here's a thought.

Since mew knows transform, it can be literally anything it wants for as long as it wants. What if mew isn't actually rare at all, and they are fucking everywhere, just constantly in a state of transformation.

What if mew actually don't like being in their original form and thus, spend their entire lives mimicking their favorite species of pokemon? And they also stay that way because humans are fucking insane and they want none of that shit thus doing their best to avoid humanity by hiding in plain sight as common, unwanted pokemon?
>>
I always just assumed that the mew that was on the tablet and all was just the mew we knew, who was immortal and shit, and survived the civilization the ruins were built by.
>>
>>28329324
Interesting theory. Makes you wonder if due to its genetic makeup if every Pokemon isn't actually just Mew.
>>
>>28329353
Yeah but no one ever wants things to be that simple. It's boring that way.

Then again, it was originally made for just children, so maybe it is just watered down to kids can understand it.
>>
File: 1467681299314.gif (33KB, 166x192px) Image search: [Google]
1467681299314.gif
33KB, 166x192px
Welp, looks like this topic has reached its prime/conclusion.

Thanks to everyone for not being autistic shit-posters before this post. Was a fun and insightful discussion.
>>
>>28329054
>Ho Oh has more backstory then Lugia
>He didn't watch Pokemon: The Movie 2000
>>
File: 1404732373977.jpg (9KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1404732373977.jpg
9KB, 200x150px
>>28329324
>Ash's pikachu is a mew and that's why he refuses to evolve
>>
>>28328920
Folks worship bellsprout and the entire dragon type.
>>
>>28330617
You have a point. As down right retarded worshiping Bellsprout may be, it's still true.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.