[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Somehow managed to create two of the most interesting teams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: DURAGON CLAW.jpg (199KB, 1823x805px) Image search: [Google]
DURAGON CLAW.jpg
199KB, 1823x805px
>Somehow managed to create two of the most interesting teams we've ever had, and we've barely seen anything of them yet besides a few trailers
>Done away with the traditional 8 gym badgers, elite 4 shit which has gotten boring and dull
>Boss pokemon
>ULTRA BEASTS
>Deepest lore
>Director that knows what he's doing
>Mature looking story line that seems extremely intriguing and surrounded by mystery and wonder
>Best character customization
>Edgelord pseudo rival (I hope, please be silver 2.0)
>Built in Pokemon snap
>Super attacks
>Alternate Pokemon forms
>Cannon best waifu's and husbando's

How are you going to react when it sells below average due to 3DS piracy and they go back to the stale old routine shit we had in previous pokemon games?
>>
>>28326044
>please be silver 2.0
Please no. I'd like a rival that isn't a joke.
>>
>>28326044
People better buy this
>>
>>28326308
I pre order boss version already. Can't wait till this game comes out already
>>
>>28326308
Hope you're right, but you know how people are.
S&M will obviously still sell well but, will they sell well by pokemon standards? Tough to call, I'm skeptical.
>>
I love how the ultra beast reveal BTFO'D all the fake rumors at once.
>>
>>28326867
>There's a chance that the abomination starters are not real

Thank you jesus
>>
>>28326044
>Mature looking story line that seems extremely intriguing and surrounded by mystery and wonder
There's nothing mature about it. It's interesting yes, but there's nothing specifically mature.
>>
>>28326867
>>28326933
What do luchalitten and friends have to do with anything?
>>
>>28326044
They should've released this at the same time as Pokemon Go (maybe push back Go release date) and they'd make millions but now it's too late. Rip.
>>
>>28326044
If the next game takes even one step back, I won't buy it. Sun and Moon are shaping up to be the best games of the entire series, with fresh new ideas, things we've been asking for for ages and a wonderful new look for the games themselves. It's kind of a waiting game now to see if they wised up and gave us a Battle Frontier as well for some actual challenge after all is said and done with the story, but if that's in then there are very few things that could make this game better, and if a third version/sequels/whatever happen this gen then there's a good chance for them to be added as a bonus. Namely following pokemon, secret bases and the PWT.

At this point, they literally have no excuse to take features away. They made the pokemon models insanely high quality (in terms of structure, so no comments on looks from the peanut gallery) so they'd be future-proof, so all work going forward should basically be on story, features and giving us more things to play with. By the time gen 8 rolls around, they should be mostly focused on giving us more features *on top of* the things we got in Sun/Moon. If anything is taken away, they'll lose a sale from me. I'll buy the title that gives us what we've been wanting, but not one that goes back to their old ways. Send a damn clear message.
>>
>>28326867
I love how the Ultra Beast reveal came OUT OF NOWHERE

Everyone was theorizing about how Team Skull would fuck up stuff for everyone, and all the tripping across Alola, and suddenly
>TRANS-DIMENTIONAL HORRORS FROM BEYOND
Personally, I'm surprised how a lot of people are just taking the reveal of an entire new species of creature into Pokemon in stride, I'm guessing most just assume it's another Pokemon type, or form, and don't realize what it actually is.
>>
Maybe people resort to piracy to avoid buying a shit game.
>>
>The mystery and wonder of Pokemon returns
I really am excited.
>>
>>28326044
yeah that 3ds piracy that costs more to get than 4 3ds games combined that also hasn't been taking off too well because of firmware failing
i bet you think the FedForce failed because of piracy too.
>>
>you can change your character's hat and dress them up all pretty and show your personality through your clothes choices wow isn't that some nice content
>there isn't a league. now YOU TOO can be pokemon league!
>we got rid of gyms so how about we just make some pokemon big and call them totems that will be cool and not at all just like the old shitty movie studio thing
>well we didn't fix enough shitmons by adding new evolutions or by overpowered hidden abilities or by mega evolutions so how about we just change their types and make them basically completely different pokemon and see if that works
>oh and how about we just give you an ability to dance to 1hko so maybe that will help some shitmons too
man these are some fresh new ideas, really hot, really sick, really looking to see how pumped, shredded, chiselled these ideas get

all other generations BTFO!
>>
>>28327201
really loving that mystery and wonder surrounding UB-01 that definitely didn't get spoiled by the trailer and the conversations that took place all over the internet 5 minutes later

I am going into this game completely blind and I love it. This will be the greatest pokemon game of all time!
>>
>>28327216
Yeah... except the part where you can now install homebrew/CFW on basically any 3DS, load the rom you want to play onto the memory card and just play it. If you own a 3DS and a computer capable of downloading a rom, it's piss easy. That's why there are so many fan translation projects of games that never got brought to the west, or hacks of pokemon games to up the challenge/variety of the mediocre gen 6 games. If it wasn't as easy to pirate shit on the 3DS as it is, nobody would have put that much effort into any of those projects.

That said, even if I have CFW installed, I'll still buy these games to support them, because they are the biggest step in the right direction in a long fucking time. The next step is to see if they carry over all the new/existing features from this one to the next games/gen and add on top of it instead of taking away. As long as they keep up this trend, I'll buy even if I can pirate, because I want more games like this.
>>
>>28327354
piss easy is a 5 hour guide to fucking with your 3DS with warnings plastered over it telling you it could brick at any time, with 13 different sections depending on your current update status and model, that changes every 2 weeks because of new developments?

I mean it's free but if that's piss easy to you then what do you call the things that are actually piss easy?
>>
>>28327334
You sound like you're trying too hard to make everything sound like it sucks. Everything you said still sounds great
>>
>>28327334
For a game that's supposed to let you go on your own journey, customization is a big thing, and something a lot of people were enthusiastic about. Bringing it back shows that they heard us when we liked it and let us keep it. That's a step forward for Gamefreak instead of just taking shit away like always.

The island trials are independent from totem pokemon. The trials are going to be various tasks/puzzles to solve to get to a trial captain, unlike the typical gauntlet of mono-type trainers that you have to waste time steamrolling to get to the boss. It makes the idea of Alolas "gyms" feel fresh and exciting compared to the same old same old of the rest of the series. Totems so far are looking like simply powerful regular pokemon that you'll encounter in the wild at fixed locations for a more traditional JRPG boss monster battle. Both of those sound great to me.

People have been asking for variant versions of pokemon for *years* now. Gamefreak is giving fans what they've asked for and been enthusiastic about with Alola forms, giving beloved classic pokemon a new look and new typing for a different environment so that we can still use old favorites but in a way that doesn't just feel like the same old pokemon.

Z-Moves can be used *once* per battle and require you to have a pokemon holding the matching crystal that you have equipped as well as knowing a move of the matching type. That's a *lot* of qualifiers just to use a move, but it also means you can't use other items if you have something with a Z-move, you can only have one crystal equipped at a time so you have to plan it in advance which type you want and which pokemon to use it, and once you do, that's it for the battle. It's hardly broken, and even if it *does* OHKO something on the other team, from then on you have to fight like normal. If anything it's a lot like a mega evo, because it has to be planned out and made to count.

You can bitch if you want, but your bitching doesn't hold water.
>>
>>28327551

>you can only have one crystal equipped at a time

Incorrect. The ring has room for multiple Z-crystals.
>>
File: 1471750715047.png (187KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
1471750715047.png
187KB, 608x370px
>>28327216
A free game is going to sell more than SM because no one wants to buy a gay underpowered console just for pokemon.
>>
>>28327334
>>28327353
What an asshurt faggot. Pathetic attempt at trolling.

On a more serious note, my only fear is that the game won't have any challenge to it. I want Platinum tier difficulty, that'll be good enough for a mainline game, but that's being optimistic.
>>
>>28326044
>>Done away with the traditional 8 gym badgers, elite 4 shit which has gotten boring and dull
This is the only things that "rustles my jimmies"

So far we have no idea what these island challenges involve and lets be honest, could be easy as hell with no real "challenge"...Even though gym battles have been nerfed to hell since gen 5

I always enjoyed rolling in to town stomping in to the gym and taking down every trainer between me and the leader, and then only to discover my "rival" somehow got there before me and already did it first.
>>
>>28327603
>no one wants to buy a gay underpowered console just for pokemon.
I did.

Well that and zelda stuff, my job is boring as hell and I hate phone games.
>>
>>28326044
Yeah, because the other six generations totally got impacted that hard by piracy. Retard, think before you post stupid shit. 3DS piracy is much harder to go through than simple emulators, and fucking everybody could grab an emulator so long as your computer wasn't some blast from the past shit.
>>
>>28326044
On sales we'll see how that goes, GO pushed XY/ORAS sales up a bit during its peak (as well as VC gen 1 and 3DS's in general) but the hype train may not last till SM. Personally predicting it'll be on par with XY in sales terms.
>>
>>28327671
>Always
That only ever happened with Gary.
>>
>>28326825
lol why

it's the 20th anniversary and even if Pokémon Go is dead it still got people interested in the series again

also XY sold the most copies of any Pokémon game since GS
>>
>>28327704
God he was great, I'm tired of these assholes always trying to be my friend, it takes all the fun out of beating them.

I want another douche bag rival that doesn't give out nicknames...
>>
>>28327718
Piracy wasn't around when X&Y was released though.
Maybe the one in which you needed to buy that thing in order to pirate, but most definitely not what we have now.
>>
>>28326933
Uh no, not even close.
>>
>>28326979
Yeah it's not any darker than XY or BW/2.
The darkness is just highlighted more by the fact that the plot seems to actually be somewhat complex.
>>
>>28326044

You think all the casual GOfags know how to pirate 3DS games? SM has a larger installbase than XY did when they came out and huge hype surrounding the franchise to back it. I'm willing to bet they're going to be the best selling main series games since GS.
>>
File: 1473109966147.jpg (688KB, 1432x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1473109966147.jpg
688KB, 1432x2000px
>>28326867
This is the only good thing that came out of ub's to be honest, imo. I just wish it somehow got rid of pic related too, I hate this thing.
>>
>>28326044
I preodered yesterday
>>
>Somehow managed to create two of the most interesting teams we've ever had

People said the same thing about Team Flare and people said the same thing about Team Plasma. Team Plasma did new stuff with the typical evil team that I think many people seem to be forgetting even if Team Flare ended up being duds.
>>
>>28327603
I know it's anecdotal, but I know quite a few people who bought a 3DS/2DS specifically to play X/Y when it came out. I'd bet some people will do the same for S/M. Tbh, I'm predicting SM to BTFO XY and BW sales, maybe even DP as well. I think they're shaping up to be the best pokemon games though obvious hype bias here.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.