[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is ORAS in its own timeline? In XY they say Megaevolution is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1472453248043.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1472453248043.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
Is ORAS in its own timeline? In XY they say Megaevolution is a new thing but ORAS is set before XY
>>
>>28325236
I think ORAS is actually supposed to be after XY, due to the beam from Flare triggering Deoxys.
The little bit about the bond guy was possibly just a writing error.
>>
how CAN Dialga fly?
>>
>>28325918

It jumps, and when it starts to fall, it just reverts time back to a point when it hadn't started to fall yet/when it was still moving upwards
>>
>>28325918
Pokemon magic

Alternatively, it's a Pokemon that can fucking travel through and control time. It can do whatever it wants.
>>
>>28325236
>That pic
Cringe thread?
>>
>>28325725

No, definitely not. ORAS takes place at the same time as RSE, of course, so simultaneous with RBY. And it's clearly confirmed that RBY/RSE -> GSC/DPP -> BW -> XY.
>>
File: 83f.gif (85KB, 450x523px) Image search: [Google]
83f.gif
85KB, 450x523px
>>28325959
I don't think you even understand what you're talking about.
>>
>>28325960
So why are megas treated as a new thing in XY?
>>
>>28326425

Because they're new to the player. Sometimes gameplay realities just have to take priority, and this is one of those cases. There are ways to rationalize it (maybe it existed but wasn't known very well) if it really bothers you.
>>
>>28325960

When was it confirmed that RSE takes place at the same time as RBY?
Also RSE is a parallel universe to ORAS so that point is moot anyway
>>
>>28325236
It's in an alternate reality to Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. All the different versions of the games are happening in their own universes that the player is experiencing. Certain ones can't line up because of inconsistencies like this. But they are all taking place in the timeline where they belong on parallel planes.
>>
>>28326665
>When was it confirmed that RSE takes place at the same time as RBY
To be perfectly honest, I don't remember the in-game evidence for that, but I do know that it's universally accepted canon. Maybe the developers just said that this was the case at some point. In any event, there's no dispute that this is true.

>Also RSE is a parallel universe to ORAS so that point is moot anyway
Well yeah, that's why we know that ORAS takes the place of RSE in the timeline. There are differences between the universes, but there's no reason that ORAS should take place years later than RSE.
>>
>>28325941
This. Why would someone have this much autism to illustrate an entire picture over a stupid joke? This is like all those Gen 1 idiots who are convinced Oak is next to RED telling him he can't use his bike indoors.
>>
>>28325236
>In XY they say Megaevolution is a new thing
That didn't make sense even in XY itself, since Korrina's family has been all about Mega Evolution for generations.

I believe that, while Mega Evolution itself has been known for centuries, Sycamore is the first one to actually research the "science" behind the process.
>>
>>28326796
Hold up.
What's the proof that time advances at the same rate in both timeline?
If you one timeline moves slower than the other, it still makes sense.
After all, there IS a pokemon who controls the flow of time...
SINNOH CONFIRMED
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.