[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: the most bullshit in Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

File: underground[1].jpg (18KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
underground[1].jpg
18KB, 256x192px
ITT: the most bullshit in Pokemon
>>
>>28324756
>he didn't figure out the fossil-finding strategies
the Sinnoh Underground was the shit. It sucks that they didn't bring it back in later games.
>>
>>28324756
That was fun desu
>>
>>28324859
It'll be back next year
>>
>>28324859

It'll be interesting to see how the Underground works in the inevitable DP remakes. The online features should make it a lot better, I think,
>>
>>28324756
I spent hours in the underground as a kid.

Kinda now realizing how tedious it is.
>>
>>28324756
Underground was fun.
>>
>>28324756
>he doesn't know

it's coming back in the remakes and better than ever kid.

you'll finally be able to get flying gems again
>>
>>28324756
Event mons. Fuck you GameFreak, why are some only available in 2 countries?
>>
FUCK THAT SHIT. VOLTORB FLIP IS THE MOST BULLSHIT THING EVER.
>>
>>28324756
I loved the undergound minning.
>>
>>28325074
>it's coming back in the remakes and better than ever kid.
Well I should hope so, there's no way they could make it worse.

Gen 4 was a trainwreck and anyone old enough to have played the games that came before it knows the truth.
>>
>>28325113

Okay, so first off, how is that related to this thread at all? Second, no, unlike the garbage slots, you could consistently win at Voltorb Flip if you knew what you were doing.
>>
File: Sinnoh_Route_205_Honey_tree_DP.png (23KB, 257x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh_Route_205_Honey_tree_DP.png
23KB, 257x192px
>>
>>28325113
>t.retard
>>
Getting Munchlax in DPPt.
>There are 21 honey trees in Sinnoh
>4 of them have a ONE PERCENT chance of spawning a Munchlax
>These 4 trees are random for each game, and can't be determined unless you find a Munchlax on them or know your Secret ID
>In order for a Pokémon to spawn, you have to wait more than 6 but less than 24 hours
It will take you 6.25 days to get Munchlax on average, if you don't sleep and get those 6 hours on the dot. Which you obviously aren't, so it's going to take longer. I understand that some Pokémon are rare, but this is just absurd!
>>
>>28325113

Voltorb Flip is great. I'm upset that games like it weren't implemented for future game centers.
>>
>>28324756
>undergound
>bases
>easily grow gems
>mining is easy if you have half a brain
>play CTF with friends for EZPZ trainer card upgrade
>place traps that actually interacted with the nintendo DS touch screen and mic and even fans
>DPPT had the easiest pokemon master trainer card in the series

>bullshit
>>
>>28325251

Especially given Munchlax's heavy merchandising push.
>>
File: Spr_4d_416_s.png (2KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
Spr_4d_416_s.png
2KB, 80x80px
Good luck getting one of these legit.
>>
>>28324756
that was fun

i wish we got this back as a replacement for the game corner
>>
>>28325165
Voltorb Flip is complete bullshit so it belongs in this thread Anon. Also, what if you didn't know what you were doing? What if you were like 12 and had no idea how the fuck to play it. At least slots are straight forward
>>
>>28325294

It wasn't that hard. Though it wasn't very fun.
>>
>>28324913
>the underground project has begun
>>
>>28325321

>:( things should be easy

Your generation is the fucking problem with modern video games being super easy.
>>
>>28325328
Not getting a Vespiquen, a shiny one.
>>
Breeding for IVs, stats, natures, moves, etc.
>>
>>28325366

Okay that is pretty damn true.
>>
>>28325374
>stats
>stats listed separately from natures and IVs
what
>>
>>28325321

Remember that game that came with old versions of Windows, Minesweeper? Voltorb Flip was the same basic concept. And I could beat any level of Minesweeper when I was 7. If a 12-year-old couldn't figure out Voltorb Flip, that's his own problem, not the game's.
>>
>Brendan found a Moon Stone!
Too bad! The BAG is full......
>>
>>28324756
>Sinnoh remakes
>The battle frontier project is in contruction
>>
>>28325389
The only way you can feasibly get one is if you

>happen to have a bug safari with combee
>use a cute charm lead
>run around for about 5 weeks

At least if you do it you can brag about it.

>>28325416
Even worse is when you see an item ball in gen 1 and you just get "No more room for items." Then you throw something out only to find it's something useless like Whirlwind
>>
>>28325470
>Unova remakes
>the battle frontier project had an accident we have to start from scratch
>>
>>28324932
>was about to flag for underage
>realized DP were released in 2006
> it has been 10 years since DP
Fuck
>>
Getting Regigigas in ORAS.
>Capture all the Regis, but make sure Regice is nicknamed and holding a cold item (Casteliacone, NeverMeltIce, Icy Rock, or a Snowball)
>Go back to the place where you caught Regice during the day
>Oh, and you have to have caught/defeated Groudon/Kyogre
Then you fight Regigigas. While the methods of catching the other Regis were pretty out there, they at least told you what they were, if you could read the Braille. This, however, is never hinted at in the game anywhere, and even worse, it sounds like some Mewthree-level bullshit, meaning a lot of players won't even believe it's correct.
>>
File: 1464543463866.gif (855KB, 296x576px) Image search: [Google]
1464543463866.gif
855KB, 296x576px
>>28325503
I honestly wouldn't mind if the battle frontier thing just became a recurring joke
>>
>>28325555
>This, however, is never hinted at in the game anywhere

There's a NPC in Pacifidlog Town who hints at how to do it. Still bullshit, but not as bad as you say.
>>
>>28325503
>Kalos remakes
>The French revolution happened, sorry.
>>
>>28325603
Fuck it, the battle frontier in general is bullshit

>teased when it's not in the game
>when it is you still have to put up with horseshit like doublefreezing Blizzards and Quick Claw+OHKO moves always activating and landing
>every enemy has perfect pokemon, which you can't possibly get without outside knowledge

If they gave the leaders perfect iv pokemon i wouldn't care.

>>28325660
>kalos remakes
>oops we fired the weapon again accidentally it fucked up the frontier
>>
>>28325358
It's not that it should be easy, it's that there should be more options to earn coins, rather than playing a bullshit ass game that's confusing. Not everyone has patience to play it.

>>28325401
Anon, you're probably like 1 of 5 people who know how to play minesweeper, not everyone is a super genius like you

Also, I'm just complaining because I'm a retard who couldn't figure it out, but props to those who did
>>
>>28325675
>It's not that it should be easy, it's that there should be more options to earn coins, rather than playing a bullshit ass game that's confusing. Not everyone has patience to play it.

As someone that doesn't mind Voltorb Flip, i agree, there should absolutely have been a way to get coins if you didn't want to bother with it. I used to be pretty good at it, but now i just use a calculator for it
>>
>>28325675

Its not confusing at all though.

Its incredibly easy, even on high difficulties. It's a simple logic puzzle like Sudoko or Picross. There's no luck involved. It's all skill and once you get it down you rack money up pretty fast.
>>
>>28324909
>next year
>unironically thinking there will be another remake on the 3DS
one remake per console
>>
>>28326142
>m-m-muh patterns
Since when was this a rule? I bet you thought we would get Grey and Z too.
>>
>>28326142
>ORAS
>HGSS
>B2W2
try again
>>
>>28325675
Voltorb flip is fucking easy though, especially on the lower difficulties

also there's guides online if you don't want to just use the solver
>>
File: image.jpg (227KB, 1212x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
227KB, 1212x768px
>>28326142
Yeah I don't think it either until I saw this. We also got munchlax. Either way the gen 5 remakes will be in hd
>>
>>28324756
holy shit, nostalgiasplosion
>>
File: image.png (133KB, 578x457px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 578x457px
>>28326193
>B2W2
Those aren't remakes anon.....
>>
>>28324756
And I can't believe frickin' Starbound copied that.
>>
>>28326193
>FR/LG was on the GBA
>HG/SS was on the DS
>B2/W2 was a sequel you ape
>OR/AS was on the 3DS
>>28326210
>looking at subtle differences so hard that you think the color of sunglasses is foreshadowing
you are retarded
>>
>>28326230
>>28326244
>a sequel is not a remake
not sure who is the real retard
>>
>>28326244
either way, >muh patterns don't mean anything and never have
>>
>>28326230
>>28326244
>thinks the playerbase wants literal remakes when they want continuations of the story but call them remakes
>lole no battle frontier for you lolo
fuck off gamefreak
>>
>>28326142
NX is coming on March Next year
Game Freak is developing a Pokemon game for NX

Almost Confirmed
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 640x900px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 640x900px
>>28326277
>>
>>28326277
re·make
verb
rēˈmāk/
make (something) again or differently.
"the bed would be more comfortable if it were remade"
noun
ˈrēˌmāk/
a movie or piece of music that has been filmed or recorded again and rereleased.

se·quel
ˈsēkwəl/
noun
a published, broadcast, or recorded work that continues the story or develops the theme of an earlier one.
synonyms: follow-up, continuation
"the film inspired a sequel"
something that takes place after or as a result of an earlier event.
"this encouragement to grow potatoes had a disastrous sequel some fifty years later"
synonyms: consequence, result, upshot, outcome, development, issue, postscript; More
>>
>>28326328
>>28326399
>to make something differently
retards
>>
>>28325352
>The Pokemon Contest Project has begun
????
>>
>>28326421
That's the literall definition you faggot
>>
>>28326439
>muh metaphors
fuck off retard, your definitions describe remakes ans sequels as the same you just have bad reading comprehension
>>
>>28324756
You mean the funniest minigame to date?
I agree.

The worst shit was the Pokemon Musical and Pokemon Studios / Pokewood or whatever that forced shit was. Even the tutorial is unbearable.
>>
>>28326477
>sequal: the continuation of a story
>remake: a story remade.
>>
Most of my seventh grade was spent searching for fossils . I loved this feature.
>>
>>28326496
remade=/ made differently
retards like you are the reason we got ORAS instead of an actual true remake like BW2
>>
>>28326528
Bw2 isn't a remake. It's a sequal just like crystal,platinum, and emerald. Oras is a remake
>>
>>28326495

I agree that the musical was garbage, but I found Pokestar Studios to be surprisingly fun. It was like a puzzle-battle hybrid, with the movie thing as a clever framing device. To my surprise, I genuinely enjoyed it.
>>
>>28326542
Crystal, Platinum, and Emerald aren't sequels. They're remakes with a slightly different story. BW2 and GSC are the only sequels in the series.
>>
>>28325675
>Not everyone has patience to play it.
You're the problem anon. Proceed to end yourself.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.