[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Dex Numbers?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon-Sun-Moon_08-11-16_Top.jpg (39KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Sun-Moon_08-11-16_Top.jpg
39KB, 600x338px
Here is a question I have been asking for quite sometime; Will alolan from pokemon be separate entries in the pokedex?

Normally I would just assume a new form would be grouped together under the original pokemon, but alolan forms can be drastically different from their originals. Heck we don't even know if the pokemon can change between the two evolutions or if it even evolves the same way. Somehow I don't think alolan Vulpix will evolve using a Fire stone.

So do you think the Alolan pokemon forms will have new national pokedex numbers?
>>
No, they won't.
>>
They're the same Pokemon. There's no reason for them to have a different dex number. It's like asking if east and west Gastrodon should have different dex numbers. Or trash and sand Wormadam.
>>
>>28320815
Nah, they're forms so no.
>>
>>28320870
True but the Alolan forms are something entirely different not just small esthetic changes. They will most likely have a whole new moveset and even history and possibly evolution methods. These are pretty much new pokemon in all but name.

This is also the first time game freak as heavily advertised forms like this.
>>
They won't.
>>
>>28320815
Probably not. It'll be the same in the Pokedex when you've seen a shiny or mega version - you can go to the bottom and choose which form you want to display in the pokedex.
>>
>>28320963
Mewostic M and F both have the same dex number
>>
Precedent is likely not. Shellos/Gastrodon have regional variants that share dex numbers, formes share dex numbers, gender differences share dex numbers.. Nidoran M/F are the exception to the rule by virtue of coming before all the complexities of Gen III and onwards.
>>
>>28320963
>This is also the first time game freak as heavily advertised forms like this.
bro formes have been getting hyped since Deoxys
>>
Wormadam, Deoxys, and Meowstic are notable examples that come to mind of Pokemon that share dex entries but have different forms that have different stats, types, abilities, and/or learnsets. The only curious new dex-affecting element will be alola Vulpix presumably evolving via a different method.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.