[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The pokemon looks like some sort of under water diving suit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: 1473167151259.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1473167151259.png
1MB, 1136x640px
The pokemon looks like some sort of under water diving suit. The name looks like leet speak. It also looks similar to the german word u-boot (Unterwasserboot) which means submarine. So I guess you can wear the pokemon to dive under water.

Tl;dr Diving is confirmed.
>>
Its not a Pokemon
>>
It looks like a hat attached to hair with bangs
>>
>>28311993
This. It's just a hat with Lillie's hair and some legs.
>>
>>28310427
it's not leet speak you sack of fucking garbage, UB-01's name is entirely functional. Ultra Beast 01. you're retarded if you're trying to assign any more edgy ass reasoning to it. it's not that fucking complicated. you are exaggerating its complexity.
>>
>>28310427
The name is just short for Ultra Beast 01, it's not leetspeak and it doesn't mean U-Boat. Sorry.
>>
>>28310427
I wonder what Lillie looks like in a diving suit.
>>
>>28311733
This meme is already getting old.
>>
>>28312279
It's not a meme. OP called it a Pokémon, and was corrected. That's all.
>>
>>28312383
>The Aether Foundation are the real villains despite us being told otherwise
>This thing absolutely isn't a Pokemon though because they told us otherwise
>>
>>28310427
Its not a pokemon, it's not even listed as one on the Japanese site.

It's a ultra beasts from another dimension.

So we got pokemons, shinys, forms, female forms, aloa forms, z movie pokemons, now ultra beast creatures.

Ultra beasts are probably programmed different.

Looks like no mega will be in except Rayqueeza. Maybe only new ones seeing how that robot female pokemon was listed as one.
>>
>>28312544
>It's a ultra beasts from another dimension.
>Ultra beasts are probably programmed different.
>Looks like no mega will be in except Rayqueeza.
I'll take some sources for these, chief.
>>
>>28312424
It isn't listed as being a pokemon on the official pokemon website and the trailer always referred to it as an Ultra Beast. So no it isn't a pokemon.
>>
>>28312598
Kinda like when they revealed that one Pokemon that 'shared many similar traits with Mewtwo' back in 2013? They wouldn't be disingenuous to build up intrigue, that wouldn't happen.
>>
>>28310427
tl;dr op is retard.
>>
>>28312575
All websites dont mention it as one. Next one probably ub02

As for Megas, the band on the character is only for z moves not Megas. You can't put Megas holding mega stones in Pokemon bank.

Honestly looks like Mega's are gone for Z moves.
>>
File: YOU.jpg (11KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
YOU.jpg
11KB, 262x192px
>>28310427
JUST GET IT, UNDERSTAND!

THAT IS NO POKEMON!
NEW GAME!
NEW DIRECTOR!
NEW IDEAS!

QUEST!
CUSTOMIZATION!
AREA VARIATIONS!
BIGGER LORE!
BOSS MONSTERS HAVE FINALLY ENTERED THE POKEMON WORLD!

THE REBOOT IS NEIGH!
THE MMORPG IS SOON TO BE UPON US!
THE END AND BEGINNING IS COMING!

REPENT!
>>
>>28312671
There's a difference from saying something like that in order to keep things vague, and to flat-out say it's not a Pokémon. If it does end up actually being a Pokémon, great, but for now the facts presented to us all suggest it really isn't one.
>>
>>28310427
You guys have more fantasy and weirder logic than a tinfoil hatter
>>
Pocket

Ultra

Monster

Beast.
>>
>>28312799
megas are confirmed coming back. even if theirs no new ones.
>lets make 40+ designs and scrap them
just like in gen 8 we won't allow alolan forms ;)
>>
>>28312820
>flat-out say it's not a Pokémon
Where did they say that? They didn't group it with the other Pokemon. Because they're trying to keep it mysterious.

They outright told us Mega Mewtwo Y was a new Pokemon. It wasn't. They outright told us the Aether Foundation are good people. Nobody on /vp/ believes it. Why can't they be lying to build hype, again?
>>
>>28312799
You do know they could just liter them around the game again like they did in ORAS right? Also several different sources have pointed toward megas being in the game, including Sina and Dexio having something that look like Mega bracelets and the Z Ring having a circular area that would fit a key stone.
>>
>>28312945
"Lets not use spikey pichu or cosplay pichu or black and white kyurem again or more etc."

Not the first time they dropped certain pokemon and stuff.
>>
>>28310427
God I want to fuck this thing so hard
>>
>>28313091
When did they get rid of Kyurem's formes?
>>
>>28313091
Only Spiky Ear Pichu had been dropped. We have no idea if Cosplay Pikachu is coming back and DNA Splicers have been in every game since BW2.
>>
The Pokemon Company finally made a semen demon.
Feels good man.
>>
>>28312956
Two npcs wow with callbacks.

Yet no real source or images so far when they're damn near leaking the entire game except the ending and starters evo.
>>
>>28312950
>Because they're trying to keep it mysterious.
Are you that same anon that was spouting his head canon and assumptions in the other thread just because you want to catch and fuck the glass jellyfish?
Anyway it's outright not a Pokemon dude. In the same way Pokemon as a whole are referred to as Pokemon Ultra Beasts are referred to as Ultra Beasts.

>But Mega Mewtwo
Regardless it was still classified as a Pokemon and not something else entirely like the ultra beasts. Again, they are classified as a species separate from pokemon.
Not to mention they don't look like Pokemon.

> They outright told us the Aether Foundation are good people. Nobody on /vp/ believes it. Why can't they be lying to build hype, again?
The difference being that Aether seems unnecessarily sketchy especially with the whole experiment on pokemon thing in a secluded artificial island. That and there's way too much focus on them to be "just the good guys".
Also Plasma were said to be good as well but look at how that turned out.
>>
>>28313091
>"Lets not use spikey pichu or cosplay pichu
Two Pokemon that were graphical changes at most. Big whoop.

>white kyurem again
Are you being purposely obtuse? Because they've been in every game since their introduction.

>Not the first time they dropped certain pokemon and stuff.
It would be the first time they removed such a game changing feature as well as legitimate Pokemon forms.
>>
>>28313255
>Are you that same anon that was spouting his head canon and assumptions in the other thread just because you want to catch and fuck the glass jellyfish?
I have no fucking clue what you're talking about, but you're admitting they lied in two/three cases. How is it so inconceivable that they could be misleading you about this?

>Not to mention they don't look like Pokemon.
Oh, is there some sort of nametag on a Pokemon that denotes it as one?
>>
>>28313304
Well they're gone. The varaints one.

Looking very likely they removed Megas at least. Not the first time feature ps got removed, seasons and now gyms.
>>
>>28313420
>I have no fucking clue what you're talking about
Please, you're using the same busted argument as he was.

>but you're admitting they lied in two/three cases.
And I'm also pointing out how the situations were different in how they had reason to be ambiguous as to what they are and as for Mewtwo, it was still classified as a Pokemon.
In any case you can't change the fact that the Ultra Beasts are outright classified as a different species. Which is why they don't have individual names but are classified by number.

>Oh, is there some sort of nametag on a Pokemon that denotes it as one?
For one UB-01 doesn't even have a face unlike, all Pokemon.
>>
>>28313420
They're not classified as pokemon via the pokemon sites, they're not even listed even of they got a profile.

They must have their own seperate index, maybe not even breedable or have types.
>>
>>28313529
Seasons and gyms don't directly affect the game like Megas. At all. Gyms were only a tradition for the single player aspect, and seasons were cool but ultimately were just a graphical set for every two months.

Megas are straight up formes and even if new ones aren't introduced, what makes you think GameFreak would be braindead enough to remove them especially since they had such an effect on the meta game as seen in the latest VGC?
>>
>>28313529
>Well they're gone. The varaints one.
They didn't make a difference to the gameplay. In other words they were non essential.

>Looking very likely they removed Megas at least
If by "likely" you mean "extremely unlikely" then yes it's likely that they have been removed.

>Not the first time feature ps got removed, seasons and now gyms.
Seasons being non essential like the Pichu and Pikachu and gyms being replaced by a similar challenge.
>>
Do people really not understand it's name means Ultra Beast 1? I mean, really?
>>
File: image.jpg (20KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 250x250px
>>28313584
Whoa.... New Ultra Beast confirmed...
>>
>>28313529
Not to mention Megas are extremely popular and merch of them is popular. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot by removing them.
>>
>>28313654
Megas gone anyway, no list on the site and people just have to get over it.
>>
File: 1458538589929.jpg (34KB, 300x343px) Image search: [Google]
1458538589929.jpg
34KB, 300x343px
>>28313708
Yes, because a Staryu is clearly called PM-120
>>
>>28313723
What's with this degradation in post quality coming from you by the way? It's becoming harder and harder to understand your posts.

In any case you have no reason to believe they've been removed just because they're showcasing new features. That's like saying the dreamworld was removed in Black and White 2 because it wasn't the main focus.
>>
>>28313584
>And I'm also pointing out how the situations were different in how they had reason to be ambiguous as to what they are and as for Mewtwo, it was still classified as a Pokemon.
So let me get this straight, one more time. They call Mega Mewtwo Y a new Pokemon with a resemblance to Mewtwo, when it's not new and it doesn't resemble Mewtwo because it is Mewtwo. They call Team Plasma a heroic group, because they wanted to keep it ambiguous. They call the Aether Foundation a heroic group, because they wanted to keep it ambiguous. But it is completely unfathomable that they would exclusively use the label 'Ultra Beast' just to be ambiguous?

>For one UB-01 doesn't even have a face unlike, all Pokemon.
Staryu, Starmie, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, and Roggenrola have no identifiable facial features. I guess they're not Pokemon either. That's not including ones like Honedge or Zubat that are specious at best.
>>
>>28313753
See
>>28313584
>For one UB-01 doesn't even have a face unlike, all Pokemon.

Staryu is an UB according to anon's word. We can't catch Startu anymore.... whoa....
>>
>>28313851
Sorry, I forgot Magnemite and Magneton.
>>
>>28313826
Jews are kidnapping me.

Anyway, they're gone for Zmoves? Have we even got word on trading gen 6 to 7 is possible yet?
>>
>>28313957
You can transfer Gen 1 Pokemon to Gen 7 through Bank. I see no reason why Gen 6 to Gen 7 would be impossible.
>>
>>28313957
>trading

When have you ever been able to trade between gens?

Now transferring is a different thing and its very highly possible thanks to Bank and the supported VC Gen 1 transfer to Gen 7 through Bank.
>>
>>28313851
>But it is completely unfathomable that they would exclusively use the label 'Ultra Beast' just to be ambiguous?
Okay, let's assume they're being ambiguous, what exactly is ambiguous about them?
Do they resemble a prior Pokemon like Y-two?
Do they have a questionable set up like Plasma and Aether?
No, they're just Ultra Beasts that have supposedly torn through time and space if you're going by the japanese trailer.
What exactly is there to question?

>Staryu, Starmie, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, and Roggenrola have no identifiable facial features.
Except they do.
Staryu and Starmie's cores act as eyes.
As do the dots on the regi.
Roggenrolla is the only one but that hexagon is still an ear which is a facial feature believe it or not.

>>28313911
You mean the giant floating eyeballs?

Anyway compare any of those to UB-01 and you'll see what I mean by not resembling a Pokemon. Again, especially since it lacks any kind of facial feature, no core, dots, ears or anything just a floating mass of tentacles and a dome.
>>
>>28310427
>leet speak
Oh, so it's name is "Your Boy"... Frog type confirmed
>>
>>28310427
>In the Alola region, rumors are flying about mysterious creatures known as Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.
>Ultra Beasts [...] could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/ultra-beasts/

How can they be Pokémon? It's heavily implied they're not.
>>
File: UB-01[1].png (88KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
UB-01[1].png
88KB, 364x364px
>>28313851
Are you retarded?
1) Unlike the pokemon you've listed does this have anything you can identify as a face or anything of the sorts like they have?
2) Why the fuck would they be ambigous about Ultra Beasts? They didn't even bother hiding the name of it or what it even is unlike Mega Mewtwo

I'll ask again, are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>28314159
>what exactly is ambiguous about them?
They want you to think they aren't Pokemon, that they're something else entirely. They want you to want to figure out what the deal with them is. They don't want to spoil a twist.
Here's a better question, what reason is there to claim Mega Mewtwo Y is an all-new Pokemon? What reason is there to claim Team Plasma is a benevolent group?

>Except they do.
Reread that. 'Identifiable'.

>>28314204
Nah, it's Guzma type.
>>
>>28312671
megas don't count as new pokemon
that like saying rotom forms count as a separate pokemon
>>
>>28314277
So the Pokemon I listed have identifiable faces, huh? Then who's to say those stars at the top aren't eyes? Maybe those two tendrils near the middle are its ears. I mean, fuck, a literal pattern of dots is apparently obviously an array of eyes, so why not?

>>28314332
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk_YC0MXJ-0
>>
>>28314450
>Then who's to say those stars at the top aren't eyes?
How the fuck can you call those eyes you retard? They're just a pattern on a completely transparent surface.

>Maybe those two tendrils near the middle are its ears
Okay I'll bite, what exactly is ear like about it to you? Does it have a shape that would suggest that like Roggenrolla? No, it doesn't.

> I mean, fuck, a literal pattern of dots is apparently obviously an array of eyes, so why not?
Jesus Christ.
You just can't accept that these aren't Pokemon can you.
>>
>>28314111
1 and 2 gen.

Anyway, seeing how pokemon bank won't allow Megas or black and white Kyruem and Spikey Pichu and Pikachu it could be possible they decide to drop them.

They could just make Gen 6 not compatible with Gen 7. Gen 1 is one way transfer to Sun and Moon however.
>>
>>28314625
Cosplay Pikachu.
>>
>>28310427
Calling it from my ass, the Ultra Beasts fuse with certain species of Pokemon to make them stronger.
>>
>>28314314
>They don't want to spoil a twist.
That twist being UB-01's clear relation to Lillie. We don't know how they're related but we can see the clear resemblance as well as the whole
>It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.
That's the twist. Not that they're actual Pokemon.

>Here's a better question, what reason is there to claim Mega Mewtwo Y is an all-new Pokemon?
To ease people into a feature that may not go down well maybe? You do realise that until then the series has been relatively the same when it comes to battles right?

> What reason is there to claim Team Plasma is a benevolent group?
Same reason they haven't revealed the connection between Lillie and UB-01.

You seem to think that there's only one possible kind of twist that can be made. When that's clearly not what they're going for.

>Reread that. 'Identifiable'
There's a difference between "Identifiable" and "relatable"
They all have faces of some kind. UB-01 doesn't, at all. It doesn't even seem to have a core or brain. Which follows this
>While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions.

Which again is a trait that's unseen in Pokemon as they all have emotions and personalities.
>>
>>28314571
>How the fuck can you call those eyes you retard?
How the fuck can you call a gemstone an eye? How can you call dots eyes?

>Okay I'll bite, what exactly is ear like about it to you?
Nothing. What's ear-like about a cavity that becomes eyes later on? Do you have eyeballs in your ears?

>>28314625
Black and White Kyurem aren't allowed to be transferred because of how the game handles the fusion process. When you fuse a Kyurem with a Zekrom, that Zekrom gets stored in a special slot, so when you decide to defuse them, they can fetch the Zekrom as it was from that slot.
If I traded you a White Kyurem and you tried to defuse it, it wouldn't function properly. One Pokemon cannot store the data of two Pokemon.
>>
>>28314625
>or black and white Kyruem
I didn't know they removed them in gen 6.

Also Pichu and Pikachu weren't huge gameplay elements.
>>
>>28314842
Not in gen 6 but for some reason they can't be stored in Pokemon Bank.
>>
>>28314826
>How the fuck can you call a gemstone an eye? How can you call dots eyes?
Because they clearly use the gem and dots to observe their surroundings. Have you ever fucking used Amie or talked to them in HGSS?

>What's ear-like about a cavity that becomes eyes later on?
You what?
The eyes exist within the ear. In words you can understand. It's both eyes and ears you retard. They don't just evolve away.

Not to mention it's clearly a fucking chamber meant to pick up vibrations like an ear should.
>>
>>28314908
Sarcasm anon.
They didn't remove them even though they weren't able to be transferred while fused.

Stop thinking that bank compatibility means anything when it comes to forms that actually change Pokemon's abilities and what not.
>>
>>28315055
Removed for Gen 7.

Megas are certainly gone, z stones have their own crystals and all pokemon can use this.
>>
>>28314908
I gave you the reason.

>>28314999
>Because they clearly use the gem and dots to observe their surroundings. Have you ever fucking used Amie or talked to them in HGSS?
Oh, you mean ingame, it became apparent that those innocuous design elements actually served a purpose? That's amazing. Have you messed around with UB-01 in Amie yet or seen it for more than a few seconds at all?

>The eyes exist within the ear. In words you can understand. It's both eyes and ears you retard. They don't just evolve away.
That's why I asked if you have eyeballs in your ears.

>Not to mention it's clearly a fucking chamber meant to pick up vibrations like an ear should.
So you would naturally guess it was an ear even without the Pokedex saying it in every game? I don't think so. Show me an animal with a large cavity in the middle of its head that's there to pick up sound. It's not a natural assumption to make.

>>28314802 has a much better argument, sorry. You're reliant entirely on what category UB-01 is listed under and what facial features it lacks. You can't know that they're not just singling it out to build intrigue, you can't know if those stars are eyes or ears or noses or whatever.
>Which again is a trait that's unseen in Pokemon as they all have emotions and personalities.
I can't refute this argument that that other anon made, because the existing information backs it up. The only evidence you have is a lack of evidence. It's not listed on this page, they don't mention its eyesight.

If they outright said "It's not a Pokemon", that'd be one thing. They did not.
>>
>>28314625
>Anyway, seeing how pokemon bank won't allow Megas or black and white Kyruem and Spikey Pichu and Pikachu it could be possible they decide to drop them.

You get the DNA Splicers afterwards though so its not dropping them completely.

And if that was the case then ORAS wouldn't have had Megas either because you had to find the stones all over again

Also Spiky Ear Pichu wasnt blocked by Bank, it was blocked by the transfer mechanic from Gen 4 to 5.
>>
File: U1.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
U1.png
1MB, 1136x640px
>>28310427
Name is okay
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.