[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what did he mean by this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: he.png (127KB, 425x429px) Image search: [Google]
he.png
127KB, 425x429px
what did he mean by this?
>>
When you slay a dragon and are rewarded with a mound of treasure, it's easy to think, "Well I earned this. Those poor people are just inferior which is why they haven't slayed a dragon and got rich too".
>>
>>28292838
but that's the truth. not just anyone can slay a dragon and if you can you deserve the treasure.
>>
>>28292866
But the poor people don't deserve to be poor just because you got paid nicely for your hard work. They aren't lesser than you just because they're less fortunate or less able. And they certainly don't deserve to be treated badly and taken advantage of just because you've a higher status than them and you can.
>>
>>28292732
damn, Venomoth is so smart and wise
>>
>>28292928
>They aren't lesser
>just because they're less
??????
>>
>>28292866
He deserves the treasure but he doesn't need to see everyone else as peasants just because they haven't done what he did.
>>
>>28292732
>implying bad luck is the only reason why people are poor.
>>
>>28292928
problem just is that wealth doesn't fall into your lap unless you're born rich and then you can still lose it.
>>
>>28292959
he means that every able-minded and bodied person has a good chance at becoming wealthy and that being poor just fucking sucks for everyone.

can't stand dumb pricks on 4chan who always make logical fallacies by isolating one part of a sentence so that it loses its context and think nobody notices and that they will look smart because of that. you're not smart.
>>
>>28292960
but they are. when they are capable of slaying a dragon after years of hard work and effort then they amount to him but until then he is superior. this is the reason kings and leaders exist. some people are just stronger or better.
>>
>>28293006
whatever helps you cry yourself to sleep at night i guess (lol)
>>
>>28292732
>>28292928
>being such a disgusting commie
Wealth is the result of one's efforts. Those who do not excel have got to find a way to be competitive or live in poverty.
>>
>>28292928
i don't think this is a topic involving ethics. they certainly don't deserve it but there is no arguing that they are lesser people compared to the person who slayed a dragon.
>>
>>28293036
and now you're just mad cause I called you out on your bullshit. die in a fire, retard.
>>
>>28293042
How much effort does being born to a rich family take?
>>
>>28293161
How do rich families start you autist?
>>
>>28293221
He's talking about future generations, dipshit. Are you honestly telling me Donald Trump deserves his money? "My father gave me a small loan of a million dollars..."
>>
>>28293161
>cherrypicking the 1% of the population
You sure showed me. Tell me when you stop being such a bitter lazy poorfag
>>
>>28293268
>Rich means 1%
Even middle class can be considered well off. If you've got two parents pulling in 30k a year while you're growing up, you're pretty fucking well off. Trust me. I was raised by a single parent making 30k for the first 13 years of my life and spending the last 5 of my upbringing unemployed.

The point is, the system is insanely skewed into the rich's favor while giving next to no chance for climbing from the bottom. Sure, you can do well in school and go to a good college, but most don't realise this is the proper route until it's far too late anyway. Moreover, with our generations emphasis on getting a college degree, the market is going to be flooded with degrees and become less valueable. It'd require Masters degrees, thus elevating the whole problem even more.
>>
>>28293386
So what your saying is that it takes hard work and effort to get rich.
>>
>>28293431
>cherrypicking
Holy shit, I didn't think it was possible to be this narrowminded. Eat shit and have fun spending daddy's money. Hope you learn the value of a dollar some day.
>>
>>28293386
>The system won't let you succed
Not with that attitude you won't. I don't want to bring anecdotal "evidence", but if I can climb the ladder, everyone can. It's a matter of effort, knowing the right people, do them favors and watch them return them to you; exploit the system, don't fight against it. You probably haven't lived outside long enough to see for yourself
>>
>>28293490
>knowing the right people
See, this isn't called effort, it's called nepotism, and you don't need to put that much effort in for it.
>>
>>28293251
It doesn't matter though, since it's irrelevant to what anon said here>>28293042
>>
>>28293478
>Sure, you can do well in school and go to a good college, but most don't realise this is the proper route until it's far too late anyway.
Moreover, with our generations emphasis on getting a college degree, the market is going to be flooded with degrees and become less valueable. It'd require Masters degrees, thus elevating the whole problem even more.

These sentences right here shows that hard work and effort is needed. People need to realize that they need to do work to get anywhere. A Master's degree isn't going to just fall out of the sky. You have to put in work to get to that point and after as well.

By the way I actually live in a low-middle class family.
>>
>>28293517
You're not going to tell me about effort, stupid child. I started as a cashier and worked my way up. Do you think I would suck my boss' balls to get a small raise? Do you think I was related to those people? No, I worked hard enough to get noticed and got my way up. You need to get your entitled, communist ass outside for once and work instead of complaining about your own failure, pretending to be an intellectual in a board dedicated to a children's game.
>>
>>28293251
"Small" is relative to how much money his father, not what you consider a lot. Donalds father gave him the money to help him become successful in life, you can't fucking deny that he turned that 1 mil into way fucking more. If he has the ability to achieve that success then he deserved the money.

>inb4 hurr durr I could do it too if I had the money
>>
>>28293517
It isn't nepotism anon. They're not related to you. And it does take effort to make relationships with others.
>>
>>28292928
but if you're a lazy sack of shit, you do deserve to be treated poorly
now if you're actually putting in all the effort you can and are getting shit given back to you, I can understand
>>
>>28293578
>>28293609
>these idiots think you have to be related for it to be nepotism
>these idiots also think I'm some fat slob living at home with his parents

Man, it's like you assume anyone who disagrees with you is immediately the worst possible person to represent an argument so you can just write them off as below you and immediately assume you're right.
>>
>>28293522
In my field Ph.Ds are pretty much required for anything above an entry level paying job. The market can't handle everyone going to college and getting a degree, which have depreciated in value anyway because college is designed to get you through unless you really make an effort to fail. The thing a lot of students don't get while they're in college is that you have to stand out and make yourself an attractive prospect by doing more than the people around you and making inroads into companies.
>>
>>28293646
Exactly you have to put effort into making yourself stand above the rest.
>>
File: 2016-09-06 02.17.15.png (163KB, 1050x883px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-06 02.17.15.png
163KB, 1050x883px
>>28293639
>>these idiots think you have to be related for it to be nepotism
Look at a mirror and tell me who's the idiot again
>>
>>28293639
Go away communist redditor, you reap what you sow. You don't even know what nepotism is, you wannabe intellectual, how deluded and retarded are you?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nepotism
>>
File: 20160906_092314.jpg (347KB, 1439x1318px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_092314.jpg
347KB, 1439x1318px
>>28293678
>Wikipedia
Try an actual dictionary, like the Oxford, retard.

And I will be looking in a mirror regardless in about twenty minutes, I have a job to go to.
>>
>conversation devolves into semantic bullshit
always.
God I fucking hate language
>>
>>28293639
>also think I'm some fat slob living at home with his parents
But nobody said anything about your body mass or living, Anon. You just blew off your cover.
>>
>>28293718
Well they're not going to listen to and respond to my actual points, are they? Have to swerve the topic.
>>
>>28293710
Are you actually brain damaged? The cap you just posted says "relatives or friends", completely contradicting your post here >>28293678
Seriously, stop posting, your strawman didn't work. You're just a retarded, deluded manchild trying to sound smart
>>
Can you give me examples of when honest hard worK hasn'T payed off?
>>
>>28293739
I meant your post here >>28293639
>>
>>28293728
And you'll see a slim, employed guy living in an entirely different country to his parents under that cover. And a University graduate at that.
However working hard and putting in effort doesn't mean shit because everyone is, it's not 'above and beyond' it's expected because there are 5 other people gunning for any given job.
>>
>>28293739
>>28293758
>your friends are relatives
I'm sorry, what contradiction?
Or are your only friends your family members?
>>
>>28292732
This is such a simple concept, I don't see how people who worked hard and had it pay off can't see that there's also a good possibility that it might not have under slightly different circumstances. You "make your own luck" and increase your chances but it's never guaranteed.
>>
>>28293774
Wow, you must be seething with rage, that has nothing to do with what I said. You're going so off-topic to avoid being shamed in your stupidity that you must derail the thread with some other bullshit. Terrible damage control, commie, try again
>>
>>28293710
Nepotism is strictly about giving favoritism to relatives anon. The ducking word originated from nephews being given preference by popes.

Just use the appropriate word (Cronyism) and stop making yourself look like a fool.
>>
>>28293813
>ducking word
Fucking*
>>
>>28293710
>having a job interview at 4am
>or worse, being a eurofag
>>
>>28293809
No. You're actually going to outright state where I contradicted myself. Not just go "haha look at this guy, damage control amirite".
I said "you don't have to be related for it to be nepotism" and showed the definition saying relatives or friends.
Where is the contradiction? The definition says people who are related or people who are friends, which means it's not just people who are related.
>>
>>28293806
I guess it's because people by nature dislike ambiguity. No one likes to think of their accomplishments as a good die roll, especially if you needed to work hard to roll in the first place.
>>
>>28293760
So no one is going to actually reply to this and we're just going to talk about the mutability of language specifically so you don't have to?
>>
>>28293850
>and showed the definition saying relatives or friends.
>Where is the contradiction? The definition says people who are related or people who are friends, which means it's not just people who are related.
It's a wrong definition anon. There's a different word for favoritism towards friends. Nepotism applies specifically to relatives.
>>
>>28293850
It is damage control because that is as off-topic as it gets, you're using a seemingly ambiguous definition as your argument at large, instead of focusing on the topic, which you're proven to not be able to provide an actual argument to support your stance. What are you even trying to accomplish here? Show us your ignorance in the topic? Prove that you can use a dictionary/thesaurus? You've proven both of those things, but you've failed to defend your stance in the actual topic.
>>
>>28293907
>I'm not wrong, the dictionary is!
>>
Wealth is amoral. I don't mean that it's bad, just that it doesn't correlate to morality.
>>
>>28293921
Yeah, I've not stated my case at all have I?
>>28293760
>>28293877

Anyway, have to go, I have an actual job to do.
>>
>>28293928
Please tell me you're not serious. I'm curious as to how you're going to show your stupidity next time.

https://www.scu.edu/ethics/focus-areas/government-ethics/resources/what-is-government-ethics/favoritism-cronyism-and-nepotism/
>>28293942
>runs away
Sure you do, Anon :^)
>>
>>28293877
What's there to reply to?
>In case you thought I'm fat and jobless I'm not lol. Also effort doesn't matter because other people exist nyah nyah
>>
>>28293951
fine we'll use (you)r definition of nepotism... now what??
make a point or something, I can only stand so much stubbornness
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 168x200px
>It's another political thread
>>
>>28293973
I don't know, you're the one who insisted in derailing the thread with a definition so you could get a free pass when people were calling you out. This is my original post >>28293042
Debate if you want, I have little interest in reading what someone like you might say, but we already know you did post, can't hide in anonymity with the way you type >>28293161
>>
>>28294013
that wasn' me.
>>
>>28294038
>no cap
Assuming so, what are you even doing in this thread? Stop wasting my time.
>>
>>28293042
>Wealth is the result of one's efforts.

Or sometimes the result of having the good fortune to be a child of one who has put in said effort.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.