[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't XY have a legendary trio?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: trios.png (196KB, 313x742px) Image search: [Google]
trios.png
196KB, 313x742px
Why didn't XY have a legendary trio?
>>
>>28292626
They had the birds
>>
>>28292626
Because XY are unfinished games
>>
It recycled the Kanto trio duh...
>>
>>28292626
Unova had 2 to compensate
>>
>>28292626
idk
>>
>>28292626
Because gen 5 had two
>>
>>28292626
Because unova had 2
>>
Unova had three if you count the genies alt forms.
>>
They should have saved the musketeer legendaries for gen 6.
>>
>>28292626
They did. It's just that the legendary Trio happened to be the box legends.

Personally, I like that about it. Recent games have been pretty bad about having tons and tons of legendaries, so I'm fine with them stepping down the number.

They had 450 pokemon in the regional dex. I think it was rather smart of them to re-use the legendary birds instead of forcing themselves to make a new roaming trio or whatever.
>>
>>28292626

Reply 1) Because they were rushed.

Reply 2) Because they realized they screwed themselves over. Gen 4 and 5 had way too many legendaries, and you can only make so many legendary-tier creatures before you run out of ideas.
>>
>>28292680
This. Would've made more sense if they were followers of Xerneas or something.
>>
Didn't Masuda say X/Y was complete in his eyes?

Get with the times, boys.
>>
>>28292702
>>28292680
>pokemon based of the 3 muskateers
>in american region
>not french region
What the fuck game freak
>>
>>28292714
But anon, Masuda has been dead since after the release of Platinum.
>>
People complained about too many Legendary Pokemon in Gen IV and V, so they stuck to the box legends and events.

This also had the side effect of less optional areas in which you would fight those extra Legendary Pokemon, which are why DP and BW1 actually had a lot of optional areas for the first of a generation. Because they needed places to put all the new Legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>28292694
>I think it was rather smart of them to re-use the legendary birds
It was not smart, it was more lazy genwun pandering. How many times have they reused those ugly-ass birds? Articuno is the only one people actually like anyway.
>>
File: Bait.png (295KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
295KB, 2000x2000px
>>28292766
>Articuno is the only one people actually like anyway.

Not falling for that one anon.
>>
>>28292807
Literally the 53rd most popular Pokemon while Zapdos is 62 and Moltres 67.
>>
>>28292807
Moltres is an ugly rubber chicken and nobody gives a fuck about Zapdos, just check the fucking normie GO stasts.
>>
>>28292680
They should have saved the musketeer legendaries for the fucking garbage
>>
>>28292766
>lazy genwun pandering

And if it had been Entei, Suicune, and Raikou insead you wouldn't have batted an eye. Fuck off with your 'genwun boogeyman'

It was smart of them to make use of tools they already had instead of inventing something entirely new just for the sake of it being new.

Also

>How many times have they reused those ugly-ass birds?

Outside of Kanto and Kalos, the only other time you could get them was HGSS (where they included a fuckton of other legendaries), and Platinum.
>>
>>28292924
Not the same guy, but;

>Forest before the first gym
>Free Kanto Starter
>Snorlax sleeping on a bridge
>Free Lapras
>Legendary Birds

Its kinda hard to deny the Gen 1 pandering in X/Y,
>>
>>28292626
'cause GF ran out of trio ideas, look at how that chart progresses
>>
>>28292924
How is it a boodyman you fucking idiot, do you think all the alolan forms being gen 1 only is coincidence too?
>It was smart of them to make use of tools they already had instead of inventing something entirely new just for the sake of it being new.
It's not smart, stop enabling GF laziness.
I bet you think the mirage spots were good too.
>>
>>28292977
Either way, Legendaries are probably the dumbest thing to complain about with that. They bring back legendaries in other regions pretty often, just to make sure they're still attainable. They did it with the legendary beasts in the Kanto remakes. They did it with all the Hoenn stuff in gen 4. They brought back a bunch of Sinnoh pokemon in BW2. And ORAS has everything all over the place with Hoopa rings.

The Legendary birds don't line up with the rest of the pandering, if only because they've done the exact same thing before in other games that didn't have that level of pandering. It's a thing that they've done often, it's just that before they were usually overshadowed by having a dozen new legendaries to go catch.
>>
>>28293027
Laziness is smart when it gets the same results.

And not him, I think the recycling of the birds in XY was lame, but Mirage Spots were cool as their own thing. There still should've been more non-randomized optional areas in ORAS, expanding the Scorched Slab was great, but the cutting of New Mauville as a dungeon was unforgivable especially with the great visual rehaul they gave it. It would've been nice if they expanded the Regi chambers into proper dungeons and gave Regigigas its own chamber, and they really should've had the Emerald Frontier and Magma Hideout. It would've been really cool if during the maingame you go to the Magma Hideout in OR and Aqua Hideout in AS, then the opposite in the Delta Episode.
>>
>>28292626
Didn't gen 5 have 2 trios?
Virizion and that bunch...
>>
File: trainercard-Azul.png (29KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Azul.png
29KB, 256x168px
>>28292626
Let's hope sun and moon have a trio so i can finish my team
>>
>>28293173
It's pretty much confirmed to have a quartet, if that counts.
>>
>>28293173
What, no Cobalion?
>>
>>28293220
Ew wtf no
>>
>>28292626
Because it will be Diancie gen6, Magearna gen7 and maybe more one in gen7 or another one in gen8. Fairy trio, maybe an ice one, cold climate in gen8
>>
File: yggdrasil.png (681KB, 488x640px) Image search: [Google]
yggdrasil.png
681KB, 488x640px
>>28292626
I count Xerneas, Yveltal and Zygarde are a trio of Life, Death and Balance also since they're based on Norse Mythology
>>
Muskeeter Trio should have been a part of X/Y games.
>>
File: 1453947776235.jpg (19KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1453947776235.jpg
19KB, 168x168px
>>28292626
Because gen 4 and 5 made such a botch of it they felt it wasn't worth bothering.

Between the goats, genies and pixies I honestly can't decide which are worse.
>>
Jeez they really got lazy in gen 4. And they're even lazier now.

Such a shame.
>>
>>28293226
>not having a party made of Cold Steel
>>
Because it became tiresome after Gen 2.
>>
>>28293279
The lake trio was dumb and boring but at least they're cute I guess.

Fifth gen, though, goddamn. That put me off legends for life. A-OK with them not adding many more henceforth.
>>
>>28292694
But despite cutting out the regional trio, gen 6 still had more legendaries than gen 1. Hoopa, Diancie, and Volcanion were completely unnecessary. I don't think Volcanion even had any lore behind it.
>>
>>28293436
The most Volcanion had I can recall was the old chief of Lumiose Press went missing looking for it.

And Diancie is my second favorite Legend/Mythical, so I'm glad it exists.
>>
>>28293460
Diancie didn't even have to be a legendary. It could have just been an evo to Carbink.
>>
>>28293473
As long as it still got its Mega in ORAS, I probably would've preferred that even.

Then I could catch my own, breed for good IV's, and nickname it.
>>
>>28292730
>Based off of their Pokedex entries there was once a war in Unova
>XY's story heavily talks about a war that happened 3000 years ago
>could of easily just had them being survivors of said war
>>
>>28292626
Because X and Y was a rushed piece of shit
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.