[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does the Pokemon English dub suck so badly now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1472961094274.png (32KB, 618x478px) Image search: [Google]
1472961094274.png
32KB, 618x478px
>>
File: Killyourself.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Killyourself.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>Watching the dub
>>
>>28286245
Low budget and tcpi not giving a fuck. I love it but recognize the glaring issues.
>>
Didn't we have this thread earlier today ?
>>
>>28286245
>now
>>
>>28286345
This is part 2 thread
>>
>>28286245
Outside of a few VAs nobody working on the dub gives a fuck.
>>
File: 1471297914438.png (183KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471297914438.png
183KB, 300x500px
>>28286276
>not watching the fun for anything Pokemon
It's literally the only way. The anime isn't worth the reading, and hasn't been since sinnoh. Now, Naruto, or Bleach, or even Death Note, on the other hand, are worth all the reading you need, but it's still easier to watch the fun, assuming that particular episode you're on has one.
>>
>>28286906
>Fun
I'm watchin!!!! Pic unrelated.
>>
>>28286245
TPCi's signature cheapness, low budget voice actors who put little effort into their performances, Goldfarb's horrible music replacements everywhere, and Cathcart's awful script writing.
>>
>>28286245
I miss when Kids WB had Pokemon.
On CN it just feels Soulless. Switching to the Nip release was the best thing I done since evolving my Sp Atk Poliwag late.
>>
>>28288113
Me too. Kids WB would actually advertise the 4Kids dub a lot, and 4Kids' dubbing was also much higher quality than TPCi's dubbing has been.

CN also has an idiotic intro time limit and barely advertises the TPCi dub (not that I mind since TPCi's dub is pretty terrible as it is).
>>
>>28288238
Sad when NickToons treats their animes better than CN's.
Rest in Piss
>>
It's weird because the 0.26 rating it drew recently means it's Cartoon Network's highest-rated show on Saturdays (not counting Adult Swim).

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-saturday-cable-originals-network-finals-8-27-2016.html
>>
>>28290157
Indeed.

>>28290221
That's pretty sad considering the dub in the 4Kids Era scored around a 3.3 rating on average and even the DP-BW dubs on CN were in the 1.5-2.2 range. Either CN has gotten so unpopular the ratings have nosedived, or some people will still watch the awful current dub, regardless of its lack of quality, because it's labeled "Pokémon" as it were.
>>
Because guy who chooses dubbing voice to characters is blind as fuck and retarted as fuck.

Diantha's gardevoir english dub is awful, doesent fucking fit. Gardy in anime has feminine voice but i think is kinda to high. In english gardevoir sounds like young man trying to sound feminine. I know 50% gender ratio but pls, Diantha's gardevoir is 100% female (in game diantha's gardy is female)
>>
>>28292765
Well, woman now, considering it's Ortiz, but Wayland was pretty crap.

Yes, it is, Michele Knotz did that voice and in general all her performances have taken a nosedive over the last several years. Even her Jessie has become a joke compared to her earlier imitation of Rachael Lillis.

Also, Goodra, both Talonflame dub voices, and Greninja's (dub voices) are total garbage, the worst I've ever heard in the 18 years the dub's been airing.
>>
>>28286276
Makoto didn't listen kek
>>
>>28292831
I do like the Japanese Ash and Greninja voices.
>>
>>28293090
Japanese Ash and Greninja are great, it's the dub ones that I find terrible (Ash sounds like an old woman who smokes in the TPCi dub, and Greninja sounds like Gollum from Lord of the Rings, it's just...what the fuck?).
>>
>>28286408
The first thread answered the question already
>>
>>28286245
I heard a rumor that tcpi might not be doing the dub after xyz, is there any way to know if this is true?
>>
>>28293116
Indeed, but it did not answer this question: how badly will TPCi dub the Volcanion Movie?

http://www.strawpoll.me/11165718/r

>>28293151
That would be the biggest miracle in the history of the dub's never ending declining quality over the years since TPCi took over in BF. I pray that wasn't just a troll and someone saves the dub from these idiots.
>>
>>28293151
>>28293167
Who should do the dub in their place?
>>
>>28293233
I'd be okay with NYAV Post, Viz Media, FUNimation, Ocean Group: just anywhere else at this point, really.

Heck, even Nelvana would hire better VAs and 4KMedia, if they reacquired it, would fucking give us official Pokémon subs like they did for Yu-Gi-Oh if nothing else.

Pretty much anyone can do a better job at dubbing than TPCi (or rather, DuArt) have at this point, desu.
>>
File: be6.jpg (13KB, 224x216px) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13KB, 224x216px
>>28286906
>thinking Bleach is worth anything
>>
>>28293292

>Nelvana.

https://twitter.com/Anuvia/status/771632728433229824

much like New York, Toronto does have good VA's but the direction is its biggest problem.

also 4KMedia does Yu-Gi-Oh! and uses DuArt so you wouldn't be trading up.
>>
>>28292831
>both Talonflame dub voices
Does talonflame still sound like a murderous turkey in the dub? I honestly loved that
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.