[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people thinks that GEN V looks "weird"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: Start_With_Why.jpg (736KB, 1705x1126px) Image search: [Google]
Start_With_Why.jpg
736KB, 1705x1126px
>>
bump?
>>
>>28286203
>the bold colors with not too much hue and value variation on many Pokémon
>some rehashes or callbacks to past Pokémon, especially from Generation I, that are more complex, untraditional, and/or heavily designed
>a bit of an edgy touch to several Pokémon designs
>a bit of a less natural and/or animalistic touch to several Pokémon designs aside from the obvious examples

I love the majority of the Pokémon introduced in Generation V, but people have their reasons to dislike it. Also, the games (or at least the first ones) tried to be a reboot, doing things such as restricting players to the new Pokémon before the post-game.
>>
>>28286343
I don't have the source, but they actually said they added more straight lines and literal edges to make them cooler and appeal to younger audiences.
>>
I thought Gen V's designs were freshingly simple and clean compared to the overdesigned shitshow that was Gen IVs Pokemon.
>>
>tweening
I like the overworld and user interface in BW1. XY looks like iOS in comparison. They use gen 4 sprites for some Pokemon so it's not like they are colored differently.

The ugliest games are Ruby and Sapphire. Horrible font and it had a weird use of color. The GBA had that shitty backlight that made everything worse. I was disgusted Emerald didn't look like FRLG since it fucking came out after those games when I was younger.

GSC had a great ambience despite the GBC's technical limitations. This was ruined by gen 4's dreamy colors.
>>
File: Cq9ibKDVUAAexic.png (69KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Cq9ibKDVUAAexic.png
69KB, 350x350px
>>28286203
It's simple:

The bookends of the regional dex are garbage overall. People are so ADHD nowadays, that if the first thing they see is shitty, they'll instantly conclude that the rest must be shitty as well, so they don't give many of the wonderful Mid-dex Pokemon a chance.

Oh, and people tend to not like object-mons too much.
>>
File: 1470753728184.png (636KB, 763x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1470753728184.png
636KB, 763x1100px
>>28286516
>simple and clean
>>
>>28286203
because it's uncanny valley-esque to Genwunners, and they're the loudest minority.

there.
>>
>>28286413
>edgy
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.