[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the protagonist stands on top of Snorlax during the animation lol

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: staaaaan.png (398KB, 691x449px) Image search: [Google]
staaaaan.png
398KB, 691x449px
the protagonist stands on top of Snorlax during the animation lol
>>
So cool. Hopefully we will get another Z-moves with trainer-Pokemon interaction (Ash-Greninja?)
>>
I really hope megas arent retconned for Z moves. Its such a fucking stupid gimmick that will get obviously get boring after the third use
>>
>>28275719
>Its such a fucking stupid gimmick
Literally Megas.
>>
>>28275719
>will get obviously get boring after the third use

megas got boring after the 1st use so it's fine
>>
>>28275734
Megas are useful though. Z Moves will see no usage in CP
>>
>>28275790
This. Mega on a team could make or break a game, z moves might knock out an annoying wall assuming you have the correct type. Its basically a free spot for an elemental hyper beam but worse
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 702x584px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 702x584px
>>28275790
>cp
M-MODS
>>
>>28275941
>>28275790
Megas ruined this game for me
>>
>>28275719
then don't use it? lol
>>
>>28275941
>The fire type you switched in to break Ferrothorn gets fucking annihilated by ferro's Rock Z-move on the prediction
>Not making or breaking the game
>>
>>28276680
>If you're smart use a different type mon
>Hold it a fire type Z-crystal
>Use a fire Z-move.
>>
>>28276715
There, see? They're already reshaping the meta.
>>
>>28275719
This.
Megas add interesting elements and design where Z moves is just fucking DBZ
>>
>>28275790
>Talonflame is just another route 1 shitbird lol 50% damage to pebbles it'll be nothing but box trash - /vp/'s expert competitive children's game analysts pre-XY
>>
>>28276680
>Teaching Ferro a Rock move.
And what are you replacing? Protect? Leech Seed?
>>
>>28275790
People said the same shit about megas. Smogon forums claimed that giving up the item slot could never justify the form change, and that's after we knew the abilities and rough stat changes for most things.
>>
>>28275719
Don't boring-ass antifun drones like you play with the attack animations off anyway?
>>
>>28276752
.... Stealth Rock, friend. Stealth Rock. It's rock type, unless I've caught a case of the being fucking brain damaged.
>>
ITT: people act like they know everything about something they have no idea about.
>>
>>28276977
I doubt it's gonna work on status moves. How would the game know what stat to use for calculating damage?
>>
>>28277289
You're making a lot of assumptions right now.
>>
>>28277289
How would it know if you have a move of each stat?
The answer is "we don't have a fucking clue how any of this works so maybe we should wait for more info before launching ourselves to the most distant conclusions.
>>
>>28277322
I fail to see any alternative. Unless they go full retard and make Z moves phy/spe fixed, that's the only way to make shit work.
>>
>>28277336
>How would it know if you have a move of each stat?
The item description for Z crystals implies you have to select one of your moves (which then gets turned into the Z equivalent) to use a Z move.
>>
>>28276804
But you can only use one Z move per battle. You have to give up an item slot for a one time move. After the attack, you have a normal pokemon without an item.
I can't think of a scenario where a z move would be useful.
>>
>>28277559
6vs6 singles format barely exists in GF's mind. Z moves will be plenty useful in faster metagames.
>>
>>28277667
I hope so.
But i don't see Z moves being relevant. Maybe a few on select pokemon but i don't think they will affect the meta like megas did.
I wouldn't mind being wrong on this. I'm definitely going to use Z moves in online battles just for style and fun.
>>
>>28277559
what are the gem items
>>
>>28277747
Never used outside of fake out or acrobatics users
>>
>>28277789
And i dont think acrobatics works with z crystals
>>
>>28275963
why
>>
>>28276804

"Smogon forums" as a whole never claimed that. It's not a hivemind. *Some* people on Smogon raised the *suggestion* that for *some* megas, item loss was not justified.

In *some* cases they were arguably correct and in some cases they weren't.

Try not to deal in absolutes so much.
>>
>>28278245
How new are you? A community is a single construct. The majority speak for the whole community. And if the majority is retarded, then the community is retarded.
>>
>>28278564
Guess I owe you a "fuck off retard" then.
>>
>Spinda Z-Move
>character dizzies around in sync with it
>>
>>28276715
only if it already has a fire move
>>
>>28277378
i think it would not be very consistent for z-moves to have the attack type of the used attack. if the z-move only depends on the z-crystal i think they will assign a type for each z-move. so maybe if there are mutliple z-moves for one type some are physical and some are special.
>>
>>28278564

What's retarded is the logic you're employing here.
>>
>>28276656
You're an idiot
>>
>>28277171
Welcome to 4chan.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.