[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me. /vp/, is your favorite gen the first gen you played?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 1470623061580.jpg (3KB, 144x164px) Image search: [Google]
1470623061580.jpg
3KB, 144x164px
Tell me. /vp/, is your favorite gen the first gen you played?
>>
I started with Emerald and Gen III is my favorite, but I haven't played them all
>>
Nope, I started with Gen 1, but Gen 3 is my favorite, hands down.
>>
Gen II, yeah, it's my favorite.

Gen VII might surpass it.
>>
>>28269814
Gen 3 and that is solely because of Colosseum.
I've played at least one game from each gen. 1st gen is where I started.
>>
Nope, started at gen 3 and gen 6 is my favorite currently
>>
Probably, I have a hard time nailing down which is my favorite but it's usually in the convo
>>
I started with 2 technically. Some Gen 2 mons are still among my favorites, but honestly my favorite tends to be the most current gen. I love all the quality of life improvements and new stuff they put in each generation
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 500x500px
>>28269814
Pretty much
>>
started with emerald, gen 6 is favorite
>>
>>28269814
I love them all, they're like my childrens.

But Gen 5 is the story and the UU metagame I remember most fondly. Ñ was a good rival and Plasma was a good Team, Bianca had enough vignettes to actually give a shit about her side plot, Cheren had some of the same issues that all "entitled because I come from a good trainer" rivals have but whatever.
>>
>>28269814
I first played gen II and my favorite is gen VI
>>
Started with gen 1, favorite is gen 3
>>
Nope, started with Gen 3, and it's my least favorite. In fact, every other Gen feels equally comfy to me, so I can replay them all without getting bored. Gen 3 is the only exception.
>>
>>28269814
No
Started in gen 1's Pokemania but Gen 4 is my favorite by far.
Platinum AND SS? Shit's just a god tier gen
>>
>>28269814
Started Gen I, favorite is Gen 4. Least favorite is Gen 3.
>>
>>28269814
Started with gen 1 but my favorite is gen 5
>>
I started with 3 but I like 5 the most
>>
Started with 3, but 5 is my favorite.
>>
First played gen 2, favorite is gen 4
>>
Started with gen 1, but gen 4 is my favorite.
>>
File: 1436851011844.jpg (328KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1436851011844.jpg
328KB, 1600x1200px
maybe im strange this way but i can never pick a favorite gen
same with movies, books, i dont understand when people do
>>
Gen 1, but Gen 2 is where I really got into it.
>>
>>28269814
no, started with Blue in '99, all of gen 4 is my favorite (DPPt+HGSS)
>>
Gen 1 is where i started gen 2 became my favorite and if i migth add hgss the best games evah
>>
I started with gen 1 and my favorite gen is always the gen after the last one to get a remake. So right now its IV, before ORAS is was III.
>>
>>28269814
No.

Started with 1, but ended up liking 3 the most. I actually wasnt that big of a fan of the franchise until RS came out, which is a bit ironic considering it was the moment most people dropped out from Pokemon.
>>
>>28269814
Sinnohfetus reporting. I watched the old anime episodes, but the first Pokemon game I got was Diamond.

Got Platinum and HG/SS down the line and then realized how crappy Diamond/Pearl were.

IMO, Gen 4 has some of the best post game in the series. Especially Platinum. The battle island was comfy and had some good lore.
>>
Started with Pokemon red

I think gen 4 was when Pokemon peaked as a game
>>
Started in silver but sapphire was so much better.
>>
>>28269928
I was about to post this with almost the exact same wording. Good job, other me.
>>
>>28274096
Same here.
Except my start was Blue.
>>
>>28269814
Started with 1st gen and nope, 2nd and 5th gen are more favorite
>>
>>28269814
What's a "dle"?
>>
Started with Gen 2.

Not only is Gen 5 my favorite, but I found HGSS extremely underwhelming. FRLG were better remakes by dint of improving the flaws their antecedent games had. HGSS just slapped a bunch of shiny new features on and did nothing to improve the flaws inherent in GSC.
>>
>>28269814
Not at all. Once I get used to the newest graphics & technology, my first generation seems lame and boring in comparison.
>>
>>28269814
nope

started with 2 but 5 is my favorite
>>
Started in 3 (FRLG to be exact)
Favourite is Gen 5 (b2w2 to be exact)
>>
>>28269814

Started with Gen 1 but Gen 2 is my favorite.
>>
>>28269814
Gen 1 yellow was the first game I completed
>>
Nope. First wad Gen 1. Favorite is probably Gen 5.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.