[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post your earliest Pokémon memories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_20160904_220848.jpg (34KB, 540x403px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160904_220848.jpg
34KB, 540x403px
My earliest memory is watching Pikachu getting his ass handed to him by Surge and Raichu.
>>
>>28267810
Pikachu not evolving was such a big dilemma.
>>
>>28267810
I remember Ash talking to him mom through a monitor and thinking how amazing that was.
>Skype wasn't invented back then
I also remember Ash seeing ho-oh.
>>
Me and my sister, talking while watching the first Pokémon movie. It might have been the Celebi movie, though it was after the Celebi movie had aired because we mentioned Celebi. We were talking about types and trying to figure out what everything was - we decided Dragonite was Dragon/Fire/Water/Flying and Celebi was Grass/Bug/Psychic/Flying.
>>
>>28267914
That movie came out before even Charizard was a flying type. Or was he always flying?
>>
AYY RYCHEW USE DUNDA BUNCH
>>
>>28267932
Charizard was always Flying.

>>28267914
Fixing: when I said it might have been the Celebi movie, I meant it was after it, and nothing else. I don't know how I made that mess of a sentence.
>>
>>28268002
>I don't know how I made that mess

Because you're a tripfag, it's what you do
>>
>>28267932
Charizard was always part Flying, but couldn't learn HM Fly until Yellow.
>>
File: qJ22m.gif (221KB, 397x300px) Image search: [Google]
qJ22m.gif
221KB, 397x300px
>>28267810
I stayed home sick from school thanks to a cold my little bro caught, and he woke me up to watch this weird show he saw the day before.
It was the Drowzee/Hypno episode, and a week later our older cousin brought his Red version and gave me the Trainers Guide booklet to keep.
>>
>>28267810
Holy shit are you me?
>>
I was eight years old, my brother was ten, pokemon just aired on 4kids episode 1 I harassed my brother all day pretending to be angry pikachu. When the games came out that year I stole his pokemon blue when he was almost through it and deleted everything. My brother of course noticed and told mom. She had to buy me a gameboy and my own copy because I refused to let go of bulbasaur. We started collecting cards and my brother had more than me, I whould take 3 cards from him each night making sure to take things he wouldn't notice. Im the reason my brother doesn't stoped playing or caring for pokemon. ):
>>
The first time I ever watched the anime was at a friend's house while he was getting ready before school. It was the mount moon episode. I didn't see the beginning or the end, and for around a week I thought the scientist was a main character who traveled with Ash.
>>
>>28268226

That one episode gave me a fetish for hypnotism and body swapping.
>>
File: 31054_640.jpg (72KB, 600x502px) Image search: [Google]
31054_640.jpg
72KB, 600x502px
and the Poliwhirl measuring tape. Its stomach would spin when the tape is retracted
>>
>>28268392
>tfw I think I have that because of pokemon too.
>>
>>28268295
Sounds like you need to give your brother an apology, that should be worth more than any Pokemon

Okay /vp/ you can kick start the autism back on after this post
>>
Playing Pokémon Red on Christmas morning while my older brother played Blue. Loser got the turtle hahaaa
>>
>>28267810
I remember Pokemon becoming really popular at an after school program during the craze. We watched a few episodes of the anime and a kid gave me my first two Pokemon Cards, an Abra and a Poliwag. Got a GBC with Red version that Christmas.
>>
>>28268392
As much as I'd like to think that I have a hypnotism fetish, I don't think it does a lot for me and I feel ripped off.
Mind break on the other hand, I don't know where the hell THAT fetish came from.
>>
Getting a used copy of Diamond as my first main series Pokemon game and having a level 100 Honchkrow named Reeka left on it.

It's currently in my OR game
>>
>>28268392
I think I got something from that episode, the Sabrina episodes, and Bayleaf in general.
>>
File: magical girl eevee.gif (355KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
magical girl eevee.gif
355KB, 256x192px
>>28267810
catching a rattata
FINALLY beating the Elite 4 with my shit team my 8 year old self made (lv98 Blastoise and some underleveled mons I taught surf, and a Gengar) and spazzing out at the restaurant during dinner. I haven't eaten at a Friendly's in ages
>>
File: wallace and milo.jpg (47KB, 341x256px) Image search: [Google]
wallace and milo.jpg
47KB, 341x256px
>>28267810
OP, I remember this too and it definitely contributed to my gayness
>>
>>28267810
Either playing Snap at Sunday School or Playing Stadium with my parent's friend's son
I have no idea which came first.
>>
earliest poke memory was getting one of those base set diglett cards from some girl my brother was friends with in elementary school (i was like seven)
first memory of the anime was probably just watching the first episode with my brother as well
>>
>>28267810
pretty much the oldest what you can have when you live in europe

the pokemon content from nintendo promo vhs tapes with random bullshit

>THE NEW HOT SHIT! COMING SOON!!
>ALREADY STARTED A HUGE FEVER IN JAPAN, AMERICA AND AUSTRALIA!

these tapes were awesome
>>
>>28267810
why is surge so perfect
i would do anything for him
>>
File: nig.gif (129KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
nig.gif
129KB, 540x540px
>>28267810
my earliest memory was seeing a tv commercial for KFC where you could get a pikachu plush for like $2.00 with the purchase of a combo. i remember being confused cause as a little kid i thought toys came with kid meals and where free.
>>
File: muk.jpg (122KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
muk.jpg
122KB, 500x500px
It was the anime for me, either that episode with the biker gang that had a Golem, or the one where Ash catches Muk. Whichever came first.
>>
>>28267843
I have a similar memory.

It's hard to believe we have some of the technology that would blow my mind when I was a kid, and we see it as something extremely common, as if it had always been here
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tTc8__lXkM
>>
>>28267810

I remember the first episode.

Now the best memory is for sure Charizard vs Magmar. My young self saw that as the absolute most epic battle ever (still ranked really high today, I'm 26 yo now).
>>
>>28270033

Now that I think about it, maybe I remember the 1st episode from rewatching it, but I remember for sure the Metapod vs Metapod battle.
>>
Earliest pokemon memories:

Game edition:
>1998
>On airplane, sititng next to brother
>Im 8
>He's 9
>Playing Blue version for the first time, He's got Red. We boot it up together
>Spend half the flight time stuck in our player house in Pallet Town, because there is literally no indication that walking PAST the carpet in plan-view is like walking through the door
>Can't figure out how to get out of the "weird house"
>Brother finally realizes its a door mat and if you walk into it, you can get outside
>Amazed that there's no indication of a door
>No light
>No arrow
>Nothing
>Walk out into Pallet town after an hour and a half of running into walls downstairs
>Start playing the game

First anime memory
>Walking through Blockbuster with Dad on Friday night
>See new Pokemon VHS has hit the shelf
>They used to release VHS tapes with ~4 episodes on them at a time, in the original series
>Finally get to see Ash make it to Pewter City and fight Brock
>Just beat Brock on my gameboy, stoked to see Ash do it
>Pikachu fucking faints an Onix because he stands on his tail and somehow that makes his electric attack effective at all
>9-year old mind struggling to reconcile how the game logic can differ from anime logic
>fucking existential crisis
>>
>>28269234
YES

YES FUCKING YES THE FIRST THING I REMEMBER ABOUT POKEMON

was walking into a KFC, and they had little laminated paper cutouts of Zubat, Rattata, and Onix hanging from the ceiling tiles, for some fast food promotion. My brother and I didnt know that there were other pokemon. Even the game guide book that came with the box as an insert only showed Rattata and Pidgey, I think. Nothing else. We argued over whether or not Zubat or Onix was the coolest pokemon.

Had no idea there were 148 other pokemon
>>
>>28267984
>underrated post
>>
>>28267810
My earliest memory is my friends always talking about it and me calling it stupid
Then I actually played it and I've loved it ever since
>>
>>28267810
watching Brock use his Onix to make a stair case in the episode where they are trapped aboard the St.may. that and I used to have a book about the episode where Ash fights Surge that I would have my mom read to me before bed.
>>
>>28267810
>>28268276

And now you're a raichufag and have a persecution complex the size of Texas?
>>
>>28271146
Same here. And then there was the Island of Giant Pokemon that came right after. It confused me when Ash's Charizard didn't turn out that big.

Also, the roasted apples in that ep looked fuckin' delicious.
>>
>>28271363
I had those two on VHS watched them hundreds of times.
>>
File: image.png (58KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
58KB, 200x150px
Sitting in a McDonalds in 1998 when I was 7, another kid came over to me all excited and talking about this new show that was going to start airing. He had printed pictures of a few stills of the intro, including pic related. My young mind was blown to pieces as I discovered Pokemon and the Internet in the same moment. Very shortly after that a friend of my dad's who worked in Japan sent over a magazine with the original 150 Pokemon listed. No English names or indications of what evolved into what, so I spent a solid weekend trying to figure out if Articuno evolved into Zapdos, then Moltres.
>>
>>28267810
Playing Crystal to the point of beating silver for the first time, then shutting off the game because I didn't know what saving was.
>>
It's weird. The first episode I remember watching is the one where they are on the ss Anne but I feel like I caught it straight from the beginning.
>>
>>28267810
VHS tapes, kids meal toys, and trading cards. Lots of them.
The cards got banned at my school but kids ooed and ahhed over my binders full of shitty cards

I got into the games last of all.
>>
>Game
My experiences with Crystal
Being a little shit, not understanding what RPGs or Grinding were, so I just went up against Falkner with my level 8 Chikorita and level 4 Poliwag and shit, obviously lost, and gave up.
My older cousin who was into Pokemon too but lived far away came down, gave me a level 35 Miltank and Stantler
Used that to get to Olivine, then they started losing too. To shut me up, my cousin gave me his level 100 Typhlosion. Beat the rest of the game with it.
Still a tradition for me to name my characters after my Crystal protag in new games.

>Anime
Earliest specific memory was probably watching Pikachu's Goodbye on VHS
I mean, I watched Johto Journeys religiously every morning before school, and watched some VHSs my parents got me before that, including the first episode, but that's the one that sticks out in my mind the most.
Cried like a bitch during it, too.
>>
>>28267810
I forgot what a beefcake he is in the anime, do you think he's good in bed?
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.