[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember the hype we had to play on Hoenn again? Looking now,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: 131771001v3.png (997KB, 1200x909px) Image search: [Google]
131771001v3.png
997KB, 1200x909px
Remember the hype we had to play on Hoenn again? Looking now, 2 years later, while we wait for SM, what are your thoughts on ORAS?
>>
>>28265546
My thought is that I will not get comparably hyped for Alola because I might get disappointed in it as Hoenn was this time around
>>
It was good but the lack of battle frontier was a big disappoint
>>
It's shit and should have left the original unremade
>>
>>28265546
I enjoyed it despite what everyone else thought about it
>>
>>28265546

It was ok I guess. Never was a fan of Hoenn and ORAS didn't do anything to make me like Hoenn.
>>
>>28265546
Hoenn remake bad compared to how well they remade HG/SS
>No gba sounds
>No cool minigames like pokeathalon
>Removed a lot of things like: battle frontier, mini games, various hidden features.
>They changed the ultimate breeding spot into some shitty new town

>The postgame was depressing as there was nothing to do other than:
"okay now go find a shitload of mega stones you'll find randomly, and some legendaries"
>>
>>28265713
I mostly agree, but the Battle Resort is also a good breeding spot
>>
>>28265546
Not bad, but it left me asking myself why I wasn't playing Emerald. And unfortunately, the only answer I could find was Deoxys.
>>
File: NEEEEERD.jpg (82KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
NEEEEERD.jpg
82KB, 500x600px
ORAS hype was a lot of fun for me. Especially when the redesigns were leaked.

>>28265565
I kind of feel this way. I actually did like ORAS, but certain aspects left me wanting. And really I'm not sure it was possible for it to be as good as my expectations. Reigning in hype isn't a bad idea in general.
>>
They're decent enough Pokemon games, but HGSS set the bar high for remakes, and ORAS didn't even get close to that bar.

I had fun with it, but ORAS definitely isn't one of the better entries in the series.
>>
>>28265546
My thoughts are that ORAS are good games, but they didn't come anywhere close to their potential.
I'm constantly reminding myself that SM are the first entries to a generation to prevent myself from getting too excited.
>>
File: 1445390714473.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1445390714473.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
I have a feeling a lot of the problems with ORAS came from splitting development too much. Ohmori was working on Sun and Moon along with ORAS, and already the SM trailers show that the majority of his time went into the new games.
I think XY/ORAS were similar to D/P. They were made as first attempts on the systems, and like Platinum, Sun and Moon will show what GF is truly capable on the 3DS.

Or not.
>>
>>28265756
I can more clearly see what I didnt like, but I dont want to just assume these are going to be amazing only to be disappointed. I never got too hyped for ORAS, but I was super hyped for XY. Luckily I went into the game knowing what to expect since I got it way after release
>>
>>28265546
The hype was what made ORAS bad games and ruined gen 6. Masuda stated that they rushed the games because of the fans insistence and he also kind of implied that we would have gotten X/Y sequels before ORAS if fans hadn't been such annoying cunts.
>>
>>28265546
The expectations were set sky high and (almost?) everyone's number one wish didn't come true. Along with no gym leader rematches a staple to end a gen since ironically Emerald

They're very mediocre, but overhated
>>
File: orasproblems.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
orasproblems.png
228KB, 893x1200px
It's trash. XY was better.
>>
>>28265858
Despite that, I still appreciate ORAS way more than any potential XY sequels. Kalos was just plain forgettable, and the lack of mons introduced in this generation couldn't warrant a sequel like B/W did.
>>
>>28265800
I feel that if Gamefreak had to neglect a remake's quality, ORAS were the only one's they could to afford to. G/S were too loved to even consider skimping out on, and R/B were where the series started.
Point being, I'm glad ORAS were left behind, so that future ones have less of a chance to be neglected in such a manner.
>>
Let's make ORAS great again
>Done in Gen V
>No megas
>Emerald's plot
>Higher-leveled trainers and gym leaders
>More flavor to contests
>Battle Frontier
>Post-game islands
>Post-game underwater
>>
I'll probably continue to replay Emerald for my Hoenn fix, ORAS are not to my satisfaction....
>>
File: squidwards laughs at you.png (253KB, 372x278px) Image search: [Google]
squidwards laughs at you.png
253KB, 372x278px
>>28266158
>Let's make ORAS great again
>Done in Gen V
>>
>>28266258
imo by B2W2, Gen V's engine was very mature. Gen VI's engine was a complete mess.
>>
>>28266158
Anon, if I were GameFreak's boss I'd hire you.
>>
>two years since oras
>still browsing every day this shithole
End me
>>
File: smugnicki.jpg (23KB, 393x440px) Image search: [Google]
smugnicki.jpg
23KB, 393x440px
>>28266158
>Let's make ORAS great again
>Done in Gen V
>>
It should've been much better than it was, but it did the one thing I really wanted out of a Hoenn remake and was alright on its own, so it's okay with me.
>>
>>28266158
I agree with this, but I'd rather HGSS be done in Gen 5 because it would have been flawless, rather than a 9/10

They'd have been more willing to do stuff like making the Fast Ship be a daily thing or making less legendaries event locked
>>
>>28266792
Except it wouldn't have solved any of the central design issues with Johto as a region
>>
File: cry.webm (444KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
cry.webm
444KB, 540x540px
>>28265546

Some of the worst games in the entire series, and I liked Hoenn. >>28265882 sums it up in detail but in essence, it incorporated all the worst elements from XY (mostly its underdevelopment and casualisation) while simultaneously managing to add nothing of value other than some super solid music, something that XY summarily failed at.

How can we have had god-tier re-imaginings like HGSS and BW2, and then have gone on to this travesty, apparently learning nothing from those previous successes? Where is all the cool fucking shit like PWT, Pokestar Studios, Challenge Mode, Berry Pots? When there is a glimmer of something new and interesting it goes completely unexplored, too, or else ruined by the casualisation. They could have handled the Lati@s giveaway with some interesting plot a la Crystal but instead you randomly run into this ultra-rare pokemon with your buddy Steven and then are handed it on a silver platter. Horde trainer battles were a fun idea - too bad there's only two in the entire game and and they're just so fucking trivial. Fucking Battle Tower too. Teased the shit out of that in XY then straight up failed to deliver. Hoopa holes sounded neat in theory but in practice it means flying to the same square cave over and over and engaging in a boring fight cut and paste from another game.

Fuck Ohmori and fuck GF for ever putting him in charge of anything.
>>
No one's mentioning Zinnia in here? Well, I think that bitch is certainly a factor in this game sucking hard. That, and Battle Frontier being completely excluded hurt this game.
>>
>>28266841
>Audino existing wouldn't fix Johto's retarded grind
>>
>>28265593
>>28265606
These
>>
>>28267609
>needing to grind in Johto at all

The issue with the level scaling is a fourth of the region is underleveled as fuck, mostly due to the retarded split after the fourth gym, and at other times for seemingly no reason at all.

BW1 is the only game with an issue with enemies being too strong for the level scale, and that's just enemies in the postgame areas starting off like ten levels above where Ghetsis leaves off.

Also, required grinding is not good game design.
>>
>>28265546
If it weren't for the fucking blue balls teases they gave us about the frontier at the battle resort, I probably wouldn't have been too upset.

Otherwise, it was a good game.
>>
ORAS was fine. People hyped it up too much, but it was good, especially the Delta episode.
>>
>>28266158
>No megas
>Emerald's plot
These remove the best part of ORAS, riding Mega Fug through space while shooting dragon lasers at asteroids and seeing evil Deoxys getting BTFO.
>>
>>28268107
Delta Episode is the worst part. Zinnia is a shitass character and ruins the whole thing.

The Deoxys encounter was great, though.
>>
Huge disapointments.
Didnt fix basically any of R/S's flaws except for general all modern games do this stuff like reusable tms.
On top of that they actively undid fixed from emerald, making these games inferior to an old version.
Only things I like are the removal of shit I always hated like content locked behind minigames, or the RNGzone.
>>
>>28268317
There are actually trainers underwater and there are ways to speed up surf, so it did some improvements.
>>
>>28265546
It made me realize I don't actually like Hoenn as a region.
>>
>>28265546
I enjoyed trumpet-posting. Do you have more trumpets?
>>
>>28265546
Should have been sequels to Emerald, and not remakes.

Would have been better then having the whole multiverse shit they used to justify megas, and it would have allowed them to change the region and fix problems people had by hand waving it as time having passed.
>>
>>28267777
The BW level gap was weird but I never had trouble fighting those stronger Pokemon so I guess it's ok.
>>
I was thinking today, I wish Rayquaza and Deoxys replaced Kyogre and Groudon as box mascots.
>>
>>28268365
I did appreciate sharpedo surfing, but I still think that should be the default surf speed.
Its not without new worthwhile additions, like Soaring or secret bases having an actual use.
I feelbad for Juan tho. 5 Hoenns and he only exists in one of them
>>
>>28265546
It felt like an unfinished, washed out turd.
>>
>>28265546
They're my favorite games in the series currently.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.