/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Times GameFreak wants you to suffer >surfing from Olivine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 1436924449215.jpg (11KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
1436924449215.jpg
11KB, 250x213px
ITT: Times GameFreak wants you to suffer

>surfing from Olivine to Cianwood
>absolutely fucking ridiculously long route
>so wide at times that it becomes easy to get turned around
>dotted with Trainers
>you don't have Fly yet
>wild Tentacruels are:
>>extremely high level, often higher than any of your team, so you can't Repel them
>>fast
>>lots of Special Defense
>>have Barrier
>>have Wrap so you can't escape
>>
gid gud or kys
>>
The rivals in XY stopping you to do mundane shit every chance they get.
>>
Lumiose Badlands.
>empty
>random wind
>Dugtrio preventing fleeing
>encounters chase you, cannot be stopped with Repel
>skating near impossible
>empty Power Plant things
>>
>>28261662
just surf left along the edge until you get to the top of cianwood.
>>
>finding Regigigas in ORAS
JUST NICKNAME YOUR REGICE SOMETHING ICE-RELATED, MAKE IT HOLD AN ICE CUBE, HOP UP AND DOWN ON ITS LEFT ICE STUMP, RECITE A CHRISTMAS CAROL, PRAY TO JESUS, AND USE STRENGTH ON THE TRUCK
>>
>>28261662
Route 13 Kalos.

Everyone always says that it's bad, but I don't know if they understand it's SUPPOSED to be bad. It's Route 13. Y'know, 13? The unlucky number?
>>
>>28261662
Feebas.
>>
>>28261844
I don't think the nips have that same superstition, my man. It'd be Route 4 if that were the case.
>>
>>28261829
People have internet these days. That's probably why they made it ridiculous.
>>
>>28261662
>thinking any party of any Pokemon game is even remotely difficult
Are you retarded?
>>
>>28261697
Fucking this. So help me if Sun/Moon is like this I'm taking a break from the games. Before I played XY I thought people we're just overreacting. Then I got Y.

I have never wanted to drop a game so much before. It took my months to get through it the first time. XY were a disaster. I haven't even touched ORAS yet.
>>
>>28261662
The Johto Water Routes are literally the best in the series due to bring long without being excessive.
>>
>>28261853
I dunno, Absol was found on Route 13 in Black and White. Absol seems to have consistently been placed in the games where bad stuff happens, so they seem to be aware of 13 being unlucky.
>>
>>28261905
No shit? Didn't know that. Could be, then. Doesn't really excuse it being a fucking misery to go through, though.
>>
>>28261662
Route 1 Kalos

You can't listen to that sweet ass song without stopping your character so he doesn't go to the next town.
>>
>>28261925
Listen to it on yourube
>>
Wobbuffets in Reflecting Cave

Also, seeing an awful lot of Gen 6 here. Really makes you think.
>>
>>28261662
The slow as fuck routes where you ride a rhyhorn and then a mamoswine in x and y
>>
>>28262073
Fucking this as well.

I'm actually starting to realize just how much I really hated XY. Fuck you OP. Now I'm more angry about these shit games than I was before.
>>
File: 1370642366240.jpg (153KB, 499x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1370642366240.jpg
153KB, 499x1485px
>>
>>28262127
And now there's going to be 10x times more of that with the rental system in Sun and Moon. :^)
>>
File: writhe.png (393KB, 717x480px) Image search: [Google]
writhe.png
393KB, 717x480px
>>28262127
>>
>>28262165
what a cunt.
>>
>>28262165
She's doing you a favor though, Haunter > Gengar
>>
>>28261662
They loved it so much that they made it half a region one gen later
>>
>>28262173
>>28262204

>tfw when I'm replaying through XY right now
>This thread pops up
>I start to remember all these things I have to go through again.

Fuck my life.
>>
>>28262258

>tfw when I'm also replaying through XY right now
>This thread pops up
>I start to remember that these things don't bother me all that much.
>>
>>28262325
That's okay, we have a whole community full of people who have absolutely no ability to discern good from bad!

>>>/vp/padt
>>
>>28262258
Dont forget also the trip to Lysandre Labs + Team Flare Secret HQ also greets you with a flood of grunts and admins one after the other, like 15 in total, and its nothing but dark and poison types
>>
>>28262325
>tfw I just finished replaying XY
>This thread pops up
>I start to remember that all those sequences ended in 30 seconds, and that the real problem with Kalos was that all the Routes were incredibly short and bland despite packing each of them with an absurd number of Pokemon you'd never see unless you ran in circles for hours at a time

It'd make it good for a Nuzlocke if the game weren't so absurdly easy.
>>
>>28262436
>It'd make it good for a Nuzlocke if the game weren't so absurdly easy
You'd think that, but X and Y are somehow the only games worse upon Nuzlocking. Great variety, but you'll hit so many random bullshit spots that it just becomes unfun.
>>
>>28261882
iirc ORAS was somewhat better about this shit.
>>
>>28262465
>that forced Pidgey encounter in the first grass route because MUH GENWUN PANDERING REEEEEE

Already ruins a nuzlocke without even starting proper
>>
>>28262511
>buying pokeballs before route 2, when your rival gives you 10 for free after that forced encounter
>>
>>28262477
I just played both, and I was actually more annoyed by it in ORAS. At least in XY, you'd run into different people at a time, with each of them having different personalities and ways you interacted with them. Brendan was fucking everywhere, and every single conversation with him was exactly the goddamn same. On the rare occasion that Brendan wasn't stopping you on every route, Stephen would do it too, and somehow be even more bland and obnoxious.
>>
>>28262568
>playing as the girl
>not having frequent encounters with your hotpants waifu
Ya blew it
>>
>>28262537
>Not capturing a full team before rival gives you a tutorial to show how fucking incompetent they are
>>
I'm still annoyed by all the ass kissing NPCs do.
>>
>>28262592
Brendan is by far my least favorite male trainer. I've always picked May in Hoenn.
>>
Defog being an HM in gen 4.
>here, teach your pokemon this shit move that it can't forget or go through a long route with limited visibility and decreased accuracy
>>
>>28261662
Fucking Lysandre fights in XY. You have to fight him 4 times in the span of 1 or 2 hours, and each time his team only goes up one or two levels. It was like they forgot to make the main villain a boss so they just crammed the same fight in with minor differences.
>>
>>28262624
>not Nate or HGSS Ethan
You could have worse taste, but not MUCH worse.
>>
>>28262511
Uh, just don't count it?
>>
>>28262616
>"Wow, JEWSDIDWTC! I don't know how you managed to become so strong!"

Maybe start by catching six fucking Pokemon, you cunt.
>>
>>28262647
Nate grew on me. That stupid wetsuit or whatever he's wearing under his shorts is the only thing I still don't like about him. I like him a lot more than Rosa, actually.
>>
File: 1432651972641.png (91KB, 360x183px) Image search: [Google]
1432651972641.png
91KB, 360x183px
>>28262624
>>28262647
>not tracksuit in fashion-centric PokeFrance Calem
>>
>>28262705
Calem and Serena both look ridiculously generic. I barely even count them.
>>
>>28262734
I like Serena. She actually has a very stand-out aesthetic with her default outfit. Very prim and fashionable. Calem is just a non-entity. A mass of wet cardboard formed into a vaguely human shape.
>>
>>28262225
t. Mindy
>>
>>28261662
Fucking how? Just follow the left coastline.
>>
>>28261706
Not to mention that you have to grind along bars to get some of the items in this route (including the only Sun Stone if you want to evolve Helioptile) but due to the wind a lot of the times you won't actually be able to build the momentum to do it. I replayed XY about a month ago and it took me about 50 tries, with a run up, to build enough speed for the rail without the wind fucking me over. It's the most bullshit thing in the entire series.
>>
>>28262647
>Hating HGSS Ethan

Way better than pissed off manlet
>>
>>28264169
>manlet
He's like 11.
>>
>>28261853
Tbf, route 4 was the desert route in gen 5
>>
>>28261697
It's even worse in BW, especially when combined with all of the gates. It made the whole game feel like I was on a tour rather than an adventure.
>>
>>28262624
>Brendan is by far my least favorite male trainer
Same but I played as Brendan in ORAS so I wouldn't have to listen to him talk, I made a pretty good choice as May is super cute in ORAS.
>>
>>28262165
cuuuuuuuuuuuuunt
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.