[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting deeper into competitive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1471762993661.png (316KB, 728x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471762993661.png
316KB, 728x600px
2 days ago I asked /vp/ about getting into competitive and tried out some things and it has been a fantastic experience
Made a team based around Mega Loppuny and currently placed at 1487 OU (idk if that's good how much is the highest anyway?)
But what I noticed that after some matches I found that so many pokemons are moved to Uber from OU (like Mega Salamence or Greninja)
What is the prominent reason for those pokemons getting moved to higher tier? is it the usage? or any other reason?
I understand about big legendaries being in their tier, but how about the smaller ones? I've seen at least 3 out of 5 teams using legendaries such as Landorus or Thundurus (I've seen Celebi too but not sure what it does)
It feels weird battling against legendaries because I don't use any, are they that good in the meta?
>>
>>28260644
>What is the prominent reason for those pokemons getting moved to higher tier?
Autistic Smogon cry babies.
>>
Only faggots care about the ladder, it gets reset daily
>>
>>28260666
Oh so people's complaints are taken to consideration too?

>>28260685
oh I didn't know that nice
>>
>>28260644
I thought it was just usage, but i dont know much about competitive
>>
>>28260644
A pokemon being legendary or not doesn't factor into where it goes in the tier. They base it on both usage and general power. If a pokemon is seen constantly and is a huge, major threat that can't be dealt with outside of specifc specialized counters it's usually considered for being bumped up a tier. Greninja for instance I think was moved to ubers because protean + his insane movepool made him unreadable and very hard to deal with since you never knew what he was packing. Aegislash has effectively 150 in both attack and defense stats along with priority and a god tier protect varient. Mega Salamence is just retard strong with aerialate double edge/hyper voice.

Alot of people bicker about whether or not certain things should be banned or not though, which is the main cause of the whole smogon bashing. Smogon is far from perfect in their decisions, although I think for the most part they're ok. Certainly better than the last VGC at least.
>>
>>28260644
They get banned because they're fucking bullshit. The only ban I didn't completely agree on was Aegislash but trash like MegaMence and Grenigger can eat shit.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.