[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: pok-eacute-mon-x-y.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pok-eacute-mon-x-y.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
time
>>
>>28255872
Not enough content.
>>
>>28255872
The pacing is horrible, currently replaying X to give it another chance after it had been lost in my closet but damn is the pacing bad.
>>
>>28255872
It was pretty good to be honest. Better then BW and DP.
>>
>>28255911
To be fair, they did have to make over 721 3d pokemon models, and animate them.
>All those forms + megas

But yeah 6th gen as a whole felt like it was missing something. I guess they hoped the online stuff would fill the gap.
>>
4 catchable legendaries.
Four.

A pokemon game doesn't game so few stuff to do since gen 1.
>>
Empty game and horrible music
>>
>>28255872
Too much shit nobody wants instead of making a semi good main game.

This game has the longest speedruns of any game iirc die to all the bullshit around it
>>
It felt like a Pokemon game for the sake of a Pokemon game.

Gen V took the franchise in a very different direction primarily by shoving all previous Pokemon into the post game and making things feel fresh again by forcing you to build a team out of Pokemon you don't recognize and BW2 softened the blow by adding more balanced representation.

Gen VI just felt like a gameplay update. New type, steel nerfs, a few new situational moves, more availability for HAs, breeding and EV training changes, buffs and nerfs, etc. The main draw was mega evolutions and love for those dried up relatively quickly. It was more balance patch than an actual game.
>>
>>28255872
Nothing, I liked those game.
>>
>>28255997
>4 catchable legendaries
>Xerneas
>Yveltal
>Mewtwo
>Zygarde
>Moltres
>Zapdos
>Articuno
>7 legendaries
>>
File: woomy thinking.png (651KB, 627x563px) Image search: [Google]
woomy thinking.png
651KB, 627x563px
Lets see...

>A bit too much gen 1 love. Reasonably the first encounter of a new gen should be...a new pokemon and not a forced gen 1 mon.
>Pokeflute snorlax
>Santalune Forest is almost a complete copy of Viridian forest
>Lucario pandering.
>Lucario trainer
>Lucario trainer gives free lucario
>Lucario is the first mega ever with it's own damn statue in it's own damn tower
>Mega battle with Mega lucario vs Mega Lucario
>Lucario is likely your first mega by force
>Too easy. Yeah pokemon games aren't usually that hard but XY was somehow easier than usual ignoring the exp all.
>Friends are annoying
>Rival is super whiny
>Elite four doesn't have a "hard" mode with 6 pokemon. Yes there's maison rematches I know.
>Diantha is nonexistent during the main game and during the crisis with flare.
>Flare is bland outside of their theme
>The rival and champ are the only characters ingame to use a full team of pokemon
>Lumiose badlands with those locked power plants that seem to have been for something important at one point
>Riding pokemon is literally in one area
>Rhyhorn race track that serves no purpose
>Town with bike race track has no bike race
>Lumiose city has a wonky camera angle
>Lumiose city glitch that had to be fixed via patch
>Female trainers overall have more Fashion options
>Post game is nearly nonexistent
>BP item prices were doubled again after BW2 cut them in half
>Most of the music wasn't all that special or memorable.

>Route one essentially shows you what to expect from the game with how absurdly bland it is with no encounters or anything special

There's probably more but yeah... The opinions mixed in are not absolute facts.
>>
>>28255872
A lot of missing content.
>>
>>28256083
>You need 3 playthroughs to catch all of those
>>
>>28255933
Should've been seen as an investment into future games, not included in the dev time of those specific games.
>>
>>28256083
>Gen 1
-Zapdos
-Articuno
-Moltres
-Mewtwo

>Gen 6
-Xerneas OR Yveltal
-Zapdos OR Articuno OR Moltres
-Zygarde
-Mewtwo
>>
Absolutely nothing. XY were great games for their time.
>>
>>28256547
>for their time

Probably one of the most empty games I've seen in a long time
>>
>>28255872
It set the standard that because they made shitty 3D Models, we will no longer need a Stadium/Colosseum type game.
>>
File: 1471272525187.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471272525187.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>28256093
And still there are things without mentioning
>>
the gen 1 pandering
>>
>>28255872
Gets too much shit for no reason.
>>
Gamefreak is a small indie company, give them credit
>>
>>28255872
I honestly just really enjoy playing through them and imo the only weakness is the easy elite 4 and champion.

I love the region, gyms, athmosphere, characters, plots and especially visuals and pokemon.
>>
>>28257492
I give credit for Emerald, Platinum. HG/SS, and BW2. Fair enough gen 6 models for 721 plus pokemon took a large amount of work but they could have put at least a bit more effort in polishing things.
>>
>>28257780
Fun fact. Masuda didn't direct any of those games
>>
>>28256547
For thier time? Thier time is after better games in the same series came out
>>
>>28257812
He directed Platinum.
>>
>>28258891
Nope bulbagarden.net/wiki/Junichi_Masuda
>>
>>28255997
>four
I'd rather have 4 legendary pokemon than shoving almost every legendary up to that point in the game just for the sake of having these legendary pokemon in the game.
>>
>>28255872
A lot of ambition with a lot of ideas. Most of which werent well fleshed out.

Development was pulled in too many directions at once.
>>
>>28255872
Nothing.
>>
>>28259033
So instead, we get them handed out for free monthly.
Thrilling.
>>
>>28256083

Please tell me you're not seriously trying to make this argument.
>>
>>28255872
megas
>>
>>28255872
Pretty much nothing.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.