[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sound Type

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: musicalbug.gif (982KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
musicalbug.gif
982KB, 500x281px
Do you think we will ever get sound a type retcon? It won't be in this gen since it's too close to the Fairy retcon but I believe it's long overdue since we have tons of Pokemon that would fit the theme and sound based moves with their own rules (ex: they can pass protect).

It seriously should have been a thing since gen 4.
>>
>>28253983
No. Sound as a property is good enough.
>>
>>28254083
I suppose but it's absence as a type always seemed like a grand flaw to me. Fairy type (and maybe even Dark) on the other hand seemed to come out of nowhere.
>>
>>28253983
Personally i feel like there's pokemon who would fit into a sound type just fine but honestly i would not want another type... Unless pokemon could have up to 3 types
>>
>>28254162
3 types would probably be too hard to balance unless they put handicaps on Pokemon like that.
>>
>>28254233
Not saying every pokemon gets 3 types just certain ones just how like theres some Pokemon with only one type
>>
>>28253983
As a type? Eh.
As a property? Absolutely. We need more sound-based moves.
>>
>>28254260
All sound moves should be weak yet at the same time able to pass through all defenses.
>>
>>28254162
I would love to see a TCG-style resistance stat for every pokemon. So every pokemon has an extra tweak to their personal type chart.

Take Flareon for example. It might gain a Fighting-type resistance (because of the fur coat). Or Beedrill might get a Ground-type resistance (to account for being airborne a lot). Or Cryogonal might get a Water resistance. Etc.

It would individualise every pokemon and give lesser pokemon a niche.

Some pokemon, with abilities coupled with their resistance, could significantly improve their typing chart.
>>
>>28254155
That would only work if all sound moves were Normal type. But they're not. Moves like Bug Buzz, Grasswhistle, and Metal Sound are clearly they're own respective types first and wouldn't make sense to be Sound type.
>>
>>28254492
There is probably a flaw in my thinking but I always thought they could be hidden dual type sound type moves like Flying Press (which is fighting/flying).
>>
Maybe this is Marshadow's unique type
>>
Physical sound moves???
>>
No, sound can't hurt you.
>>
>>28255025
Sound is a mechanical wave.
>>
>>28255025
- Vibration Punch
- Soundwave Slice
>>
>>28255035
I'm pretty sure very loud/high pitched noises can hurt people. That being said I don't have any idea how type match ups would work for sound type.
>>
>>28253983
You realise this would make BUG Buzz a sound type move because it acts the same as other sound moves
>>
I don't really think we'd need it, especiialy since balancing types would be all wonked up. But I can see Pokemon getting a type retcon.

Whismur, Loudred, Exploud- Sound
Audino- Normal/Sound
Igglybuff, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff- Sound/Fairy
Meloetta- Sound/Psychic, Sound/Fighting
Kricketot, Kricketune- Bug/Sound
Chatot- Sound/Flying
Politoad- Water/Sound
Noibat, Noivern- Sound/Dragon
Maractus- Grass/Sound
Plusle, Minun- Electric/Sound
Chingling, Chimecho- Psychic/Sound
Woobat, Swoobat- Pychic/Sound
Misdreavus, Mismagius- Ghost/Sound
>>
>>28254521
Why would status moves be dual-typed? If anything that gives the moves hindrance (immunities).
>>
>>28255035
Uh bud, sound and any kind of vibration can cause damage to you in ways you wouldn't even expect.
>>
>>28255198
Don't forget Tympole, Palpitoad, and Seismitoad since they have a speaker theme in their design. Also Jiggypuff is fine as Normal/Fairy since it already got a retcon and there are tons of Pokemon that don't have types fit to their dex entires.
>>
>>28255198
>What about Bronzong?
>>
Instead of "sound" call it "rhythmic" type and include dancing Pokemon as well.
>>
>>28253983
Sound type:

Hits super effective on Bug, Grass, Poison and Ice
Hits NVE on Fairy, Water

Weak against Fairy, Water, Fighting
Resists Poison, Bug, Grass
Immune to Ice

What do you think?
>>
>>28255275
it suppose to be SE on water as sounds travels fast in water

>>28255198
>Maractus
>Plusle, Minun
why?
>>
>>28255275
>Hits super effective on Bug, Grass, Poison and Ice
>Resists Poison, Bug, Grass

Because Poison really needs another counter, it's not like it's already the weakest type out there or anything.
>>
>>28255275
Make it strong against Fairy and weak to Bug and I'd train it.
>>
>>28255272
>Lilligant finally gets coverage
Good shit
>>
>>28255311
all of those types are screwed and in serious need of a buff. He's kekening you.
>>
>>28253983
I always toyed with the idea of an Air-type, which would cover areas such as Wind, Gas, Sky and Sound. But with eighteen types already in the game I'd much rather just see them balance what we already have instead of adding in more bloat.
>>
>>28255275
Grass needs a buff not a nerf
>>
>>28255394
Flying is pretty much Air type though. Tornadus is enough proof of that.
>>
>>28255275
>Hits super effective on Bug, Grass, Poison and Ice
>Resists Poison, Bug, Grass
Sounds like something Gamefreak would come up with desu
>>
>>28255462
True, but the type was originally envisioned as Bird-type and to this day is still very much Bird-type. Wind-based moves are a weird category like Sound-based moves in that they mostly belong to one type (Flying and Normal respectively) but are spread throughout a few other types (Whirlwind is Normal-type, Twister is Dragon-type, etc.). It's even weirder than Sound attacks considering Gust and Whirlwind were both Normal-type in Gen I but Gust became Flying in Gen II.

That being said I don't really think this should happen. Like you said, Flying already covers this category pretty fairly, and Special-based Flying-types would likely get screwed over in this scenario.
>>
>>28255524
>bird type
More like "it has wings" type
>>
>>28254155
That's like Fire Punch should be Fighting type because its a punching move.
>>
>>28255575
You could even say "it flies" type. Or maybe, just maybe, a "flying" type.
>>
File: Pokemon_MissingNo..png (3KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_MissingNo..png
3KB, 160x144px
>>28255575
I mean, Pokemon like Golbat and Aerodactyl are likely the exact reason why they changed the type from Bird-type to Flying-type.
>>
File: 250px-225Delibird.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-225Delibird.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>28255595
Why the fuck can a penguin learn Fly again?
>>
File: 1458182506887.png (720KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458182506887.png
720KB, 1280x720px
>>28255035
>No, sound can't hurt you.
>>
A thought. They add sound as a type for attacks, but there is no sound type pokemon.
>>
>>28255674
Because it's a Pokemon, Anon. Don't be silly.
>>
>>28254347
This would be good
>>
File: 1432708553806.png (19KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1432708553806.png
19KB, 360x360px
>>28253983
>Hyper Voice becomes Sound-type
>Gardevoir's viability is screwed
I'm surprisingly okay with this outcome
>>
>>28255303
Maractus' Pokedex entries mention it using songs and dances, and making sounds like maracas to scare off predators.

Plusle and Minun's whole thing is cheering. Mostly I just felt like it was a fitting typing.
>>
>>28255674
the same reason why reindeers can during christmas
>>
>>28253983
No, that would be way too weird.
The substitute buff is enough, I feel.
>>
>>28255587
You mean kinda like how hyper voice is normal, but bug buzz is sound.
You can have a Sound type and still keep disarming Voice and the like.
>>
>>28255303
Then add steel as a weakness as well because it travels faster in steel than in water.
>>
>>28255674

Because it's based on fucking Santa Claus, who flies around the world to deliver gifts. Don't be stupid.
>>
>>28255241
It's only half Normal because of sound STAB. Otherwise it would've been pure Fairy.
>>
>>28253983

>The only reason we'll never get a Data type is because of Digimon
>We'll never get pure Data Porygon
>No Ghost/Data Rotom
>No Steel/Data regional variant magnemite
>>
>>28253983

Ok so

>Sound/Normal Whismur line
>Sound/Flying Chatot
>Sound/Bug Kricketune
>Sound replaces Meloetta's normal typing

Am I missing anyone?
>>
>>28256706

Digimon had a "dark" element before Pokemon GS released, so stop whining.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.