[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everybody hate Stantler so much? I get that Stantler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: Stantler.png (2MB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Stantler.png
2MB, 1174x881px
Why does everybody hate Stantler so much? I get that Stantler is pretty bad competitively, but so are a lot of things and yet somehow only Stantler gets this much bile. I can't wrap my head around it.

Seriously, what's with everyone's hate boners for this guy?
>>
>>28250914
Because he's not a psychic type despite specializing in hypnosis and the like in the anime.

Gamefreak screwed him over.
>>
>>28250914
They are jewelry babies.
>>
>>28250914

It has nothing to do with how competitive it is.

Its design is bland and ugly. There is nothing about it visually that is appealing, nor conceptually interesting. Closest it has to something neat is the whole "hypno horns" bit and that was such a lame gimmick that not even GF brings it up when you see Stantler anymore.

The few I know who liked it all jumped ship once Sawsbuck came out. Stantler just has the misfortune of being one of the ugliest of Gen 2's designs, which is no small feat.
>>
>>28250914
It's boring and forgettable. That's its biggest problem. I'd love it if Game Freak actually did something new with it to make it more interesting, but it probably will never happen.
>>
>>28250914
Because Stantler is ugly. And not even the cool and badass kind of ugly like Garchomp or Toxicroak.
Stantler is just straight up fugly as sin
>>
>>28251018
>Garchomp
>Ugly
you take that back
>>
>>28250914

Stantler had potential, but instead of evolving into something that expands on the concept of "giant hypnotic horns that look like eyes", he remained a bland single stage shitmon. Johto had a lot of Pokemon who had potential that was never realized, which is likely why it isn't remembered all that fondly.
>>
File: image.jpg (107KB, 1278x805px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107KB, 1278x805px
>>28251037
No! Cry more anon
>>
File: image.png (537KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
537KB, 640x480px
This thread
>>
File: tumblr_mqfhx5EVTR1s5h198o1_500.gif (888KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqfhx5EVTR1s5h198o1_500.gif
888KB, 500x300px
It has an ugly saggy face with a fucking beak. The only time it has ever looked decent was the baby Stantler from the anime.
>>
It's kind of boring. The design is lackluster, not good enough to be loved not bad enough to be loved ironically. Stats aren't good enough to give it a fan base from a total competitive perspective.

Typing wise it has no draw. It arrives too late in the game to accidentally find it's way onto your team.

Finally, it had no main game appearances after gen 2.

Gen 3 is emerald safari zone.
DPPt is pokeradar only.
BW is post game(obviously) and it's not in B2W2.

It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>28251153
Daww
>>
>>28250914
It almost has a human face.
I am not a big fan, but I liked its sprite in Crystal.
>>
>>28251153
It should have evolved into a normal/ghost since it's already pretty spooky.
>>
>>28250914
other than ugliness, they piss me the fuck off in HGSS when I'm trying to grind shitmons
>>
Did I miss something? I've never seen anyone outright hating on Stantler. Nobody talks about the damn thing at all. I had comfortably forgotten about its existence up until I saw this thread.
>>
>>28250914
>mom mom's deer
>>
>>28251111
How does Garchomp lick the tears on the outside of the red visor if Flygon's eyes are on the inside?
>>
File: itsame.png (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
itsame.png
64KB, 200x200px
>>282516601
I know I do, if no one else really does, for most of the reasons already said in the thread. I just can't stand the way it looks.
>>
>>28250914
Because it's bland, wasted potential, and rarely appears at all. I actually felt bad for him tho
>>
File: Sawsbuck (1).png (479KB, 1129x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Sawsbuck (1).png
479KB, 1129x1062px
He's been one-upped.
>>
I hope he gets a second chance in the form of a mega. With psychic type actually added.
>>
Apparently the region of Japan that Johto was based on is famous for deer, so they made a Deer Pokemon. It's just for flavor; no usage whatsoever.
>>
>>28251499
But they make grinding so much easier...
>>
>>28251838
The order of these Sawsbuck bothers me more than it should.
>>
>>28251842

If my forgotten bro Beedrill can get a second chance anyone can. Keep the dream alive.
>>
It should have been a psychic type that evolves into psychic/ice type
>>
>>28250914
It's forgettable as fuck.
>>
>>28250914
I took one to a VGC tournament once because there are no good players in my town so I wanted to see how bad a team I could win with
It's the only thing that gets Intimidate that also gets either Skill Swap or Trick Room. I skill swapped Intimidate onto opponent's Pokémon to give my Milotic a Competitive boost, Skill Swap Drizzle to reset weather etc.

That's just about its only niche, but it technically has a niche.
>>
>>28251844
that's true, I love that autistic satisfaction I get when my mons finally reach a point where they can anally rape them in one hit
>>
Because of his swollen buttcheek
>>
>>28252192
Read the Konami code backwards but only use each direction once.
>>
The Game Grumps made a big deal about Stantler while they played fire red.
In fact go and look for a Gamegrumps animated with Stantler. its pretty funny.
>>
>>28254416
Go away, Arin
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.