[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mega Charizard X and Y while other gen 1 starters only get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

>Mega Charizard X and Y while other gen 1 starters only get one mega form
>Mega Blaziken arrives a game before Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile
>Mega Mewtwo X and Y for meme purposes
>Pikachu is the only Pokémon that says his name like in the anime, for meme purposes, while all the others have animal cries

Are these the most blatant pandering to a demographic ever seen in a Pokémon game? Why did the series peak with Pt, HG/SS and B/W 1&2 and never got a game game after that?
>>
>>28240288
What can you do for an extra 50 hours in Platinum

Also yes, fuck Masuda
>>
>>28240288
Wait, which demographic is Blaziken pandering to?
>>
>>28240288
i thought that pikachu was the only one that did noises because
1. the main pokémon
2. hiring voice actors for 720+ pokémon isnt cheap
also i'm fine with charizard having two mega evolutions, even when I preffer the other ones, don't want a clusterfuck of megas on the same pokémon.

i'd rather if mega sceptile and mega swampert were on X/Y along with blaziken, that I agree with.
>>
>>28240339
*diamond not platinum

Platinum obviously has a lot of stuff to do
>>
>>28240288
Pokemon Conquest main + extra is way over 22 hours long if you really do everything, I'm not done and I've clocked in about 230 hours.
>>
>>28240339
>32 hours mainstory XY
>44 hours mainstroy Diamond/Pearl
>HGSS 41 hours
>BW 33 hours

what the heck? Do they count catching the regional dex too or what? Every of this games main story: 8 Badges + league is never longer than 12-20 hours maybe, if you play it blind especially xy is with exp share literally just a "use move that the other pokemon is weak to" (without is another story)
>>
Yes, they're pandering to nostalgiafags because nostalgia is very powerful and it sells. It happens all the time, Pixar did it with toy story 3, monsters uni, and finding dory. Its also why we had a ton of "sequels" to old movies lately. Like Jurassic wolrd, force awakens, and terminator to name a few.
TLDR: Nostalgia = $$$
>>
>>28240288
>"peaked"
Wrong look at the actual sales numbers. 6th gen sold more than 5th and 4th
>>
>>28240611
If you're going by sales and not quality then pokémon peaked in gen I.
>>
>>28240547

I had 14 hours on my in-game clock when I got the 2nd gym badge in X/Y. That game certainly took me longer than 30 to finish.
>>
>>28240368

Sure, but Pikachu having a voice while Pichu and Raichu don't makes it extremely inconsistent and just added on for pandering purposes.

>>28240355

He's the most popular final evolution of that gen, which is also why he's one of the few Pokémon in Pokken Tournament, which only has meme Pokémon in it.
>>
>>28240611

6th gen sold more because it was the first ''3D'' mainline Pokémon game, not because of anything else.
>>
>>28240702
Lol how

Then again i took over 100 hours to finish diamond
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.