[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest opinions on Leakfags and Denialfags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_20160902_152651.jpg (127KB, 966x501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160902_152651.jpg
127KB, 966x501px
This post is coming from someone who considers themselves leaning more towards the leaks being legit, but isn't willing to make a definitive call until more information is presented.

But who exactly makes the better argument? Which side is more believable?

After lurking on countless threads regarding the ''leaked'' starters here's what I have discovered and what I can conclude:

Leakfags:

Pros:
>Has actual evidence and backing to back up their claim.
>The most open minded.
>Some don't mind these not being real.

Cons:
>The most vocal thus being the most annoying. (Making so many threads)
>Most do not seem to understand the concept of skepticism.

Denialfags:

Pros:
>Some are actually approaching leaks from a skeptical view point. Which is to be admired.
>The most entertaining.

Cons:
>A majority of their arguments are either hypothetical, opinionated, and subjective.
>87.5% male argument is the worst.
>Denial and arguments can reach absurd levels if not countered immediately.
>Stubborn
>Usually closed minded. (Inserts le ''shit taste'', furfag, barafag, or faggot meme.)
>>
Not everyone fits so neatly into a category. I thought the leaks were fake, then evidence came out, and now I think they're real. I'm not inherently a "leakfag" or a "denialfag," I just don't buy into any leaks until and unless there's supporting evidence. I suspect a lot of people are the same.
>>
I denied the starter leaks left and right. Until Mallow.

That isn't a generic Hawaiian girl.
It's not a leaker getting lucky.
It's Mallow.

Whether or not we get final stage staters that look like Archer, Wrestler, and Mermaid remains to be seen. While I don't particularly care for any of their designs, there is more evidence for those stages being legit.

As a neutralfag leaning towards them being legit, the arguments the zealots have on both sides are entertaining. I'll sit back and wait for some kind of confirmation.
>>
>>28223416
I am rooting for denialbros to be honest. Leakfags are obnoxious and deserves to get kicked down a peg or two.
>>
>>28223538
Still fake.
>>
>>28223416
No point in picking a side until something is actually revealed.
>>
>>28223510

Seconding this.
>>
File: 1471562890143.jpg (12KB, 480x295px) Image search: [Google]
1471562890143.jpg
12KB, 480x295px
>>28223510
>not taking sides
>>
>>28223416
>Has actual evidence and backing to back up their claim
(The fat controller laughed) you are wrong.
>>
>>28223416
Serious question: is it not obvious to most people at this point that adamant denialfags and leakfags are falseflagging baiters?
>>
>>28223722

Why? Please, use a list to expose your arguments.
>>
>>28223416
Most of the ">7 MILIESECUNDS UNTIL DENIALFAGS BTFo" threads are just denialfags trying to make leakfags look bad.
>>
>>28223730
Anon, people are stupid
>>
>>28223781
I'm walking the edge between believing this or that I'm failing to see the humor in nonstop shitposting and thus am being baited at a more meta level.
>>
File: kZbK2pI.jpg (179KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
kZbK2pI.jpg
179KB, 800x500px
>>28223730
Serious answer: on the weeks surrounding Mallow, yes, it was falseflagging.

Then a bunch of pokejungle/gamefaqs/reddit/[boogeyman website] faggots came along, saw how "everyone" at /vp/ thought it was obviously fake and decided to follow suit and internalize this as some sort of truth because they thought it would make them fit in with the board, completely failing to realize that it was a jape all along.
>>
>>28223416
Is it so hard to have some "Confirmable" leaks? Like the "Synchro Leak" which showed the picture of final evos sharing traits of the character. It wouldn't be so difficult to share more about the customization side: which city/island does it happen on, how many styles are there to choose from default, can you finally remove hats. Small stuff like that would make things more believable.

In the end I don't give a shit because there are so many threads about bitching about how their imaginary bro is getting fucked by the man or whatever.
>>
>>28223510
Then you're a leakfag.

Nobody really cares about what people thought about them before Mallow. Of course, that means that people like you and I who only believe them now that there's proof are in the same category as irrational people who insisted they were real from the start, for personal reasons (like the design, like fucking with litten fans/etc.)

And denialfags are not skeptical, at all. Skepticism was around before the mallow leak, sure. I was in that category then. But Mallow is irrefutable, therefore there is nothing left to be skeptical about. The closet they can come to that is saying things like "the designs may have changed by now" or "maybe Mallow was a red herring" both of which are unsubstantiated, and just BARELY can be defined as skeptical points of view.

Anyone else who denies these leaks is either baiting for (you)s, or doesn't like the designs and really doesn't want them to be real, even though they know they are.
>>
>>28223416
>The most vocal thus being the most annoying. (Making so many threads)
Where have you been? The denialfags have easily been the most vocal.
>>
File: leak wars.png (358KB, 875x1000px) Image search: [Google]
leak wars.png
358KB, 875x1000px
>>28223575
>>
>>28223873
I find the influx theory for a lot of these shitposting seasons on various boards to be a bit unsubstantiated. Maybe that's happening and I have no doubt there are new people from those sites lurking here but I personally feel that it's more likely to be tenacious shitposting. I mean you have that "a deals a deal" guy on /v/ for months now and the same "now that the dust has settled..." threads and STILL baneposting and "what did he mean by this" on /tv/ for years now. I think people saw meme potential and ran with it.

But maybe I'm mistaken.
>>
File: stage2.png (487KB, 875x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stage2.png
487KB, 875x1000px
>>28224014
Alternate version
>>
>>28224014
>I'm so emotionally uninvested in the leaks I will post this in every thread I can!
>>
File: Gen7 leaks.png (1MB, 1168x2378px) Image search: [Google]
Gen7 leaks.png
1MB, 1168x2378px
there's a fair bit of stuff that's been confirmed though
>>
>>28224104
Why did you highlight Rattata's typing as correct when it was incorrect?

If someone asks you what 3 * 1.3 is and you answer 4, do you still think it's a correct answer?
>>
File: eugh.jpg (43KB, 493x471px) Image search: [Google]
eugh.jpg
43KB, 493x471px
I've been a denialfag since the day these showed up, only when the Mallow thing happened I started accepting that these might be real. It's still all but confirmed but they might be. I'm still hoping they're fake though, because I can't stand those things for the life of me. The Rowlet evo is the only good one out of the three, Popplio's is alright and Litten's is just godawful. That makes me even more angry, since I was planning on choosing Litten. Everyone who likes this thing has irredeemable shit taste and should take a minute or two to think about what a good design is.
As you can probably tell, in my opinion these things are just terrible, but I know that opinions are neither facts nor arguments. And even though the constant leakfag threads annnoy me like hell, I generally stay quiet and watch the fights unfold and only reply when someone brings up a really retarded argument, no matter which side they're on. Both sides have stupid and repetitive arguments, so we're not going to get anywhere with this.
Either way someone is going to lose and it's going to cause a wave of shit to hit /vp/. The only difference is that there'll be a lot more shit coming to us if they're proven fake. And you have no fucking idea how much I hope they are.
>>
>>28224171
oh look it's named filenames multi paragraph poster anon who thinks his opinions are worth shit, was wondering when you were going to show up
>>
>>28224217
literally who

no seriously who the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>28223416
I rather take anything with some healthy skepticism, however, for me the leak gravitate more towards it being real. Though It could still go the other way. Do I want them to be real? No. I'm not really a fan of the designs, but I am not just simply going to deny the leaks just because I don't like them. I am expecting them to be real yet somewhat hoping for them not to be.
>>
>>28224161
because it's literally dark type, even if it's a dark/normal
I guess maybe i should mark it orange instead though?
Fine, i'll do that
>>
>>28223416
You generalize way too damn much, Anon. I'm an independent party in this whole fiasco, and I have seen different arguments from both sides. A lot of anons from within the same group don't always agree with each other. Not everyone fits snug into two nifty little categories.
>>
>>28224171
>in my opinion these things are just terrible, but I know that opinions are neither facts nor arguments

In the end, that's the only thing that matters. Whatever happens, happens. There is still more to this game than the starters, hopefully you'll find a team that suits your tastes in your playthrough.
>>
>>28223416
>Has actual evidence and backing to back up their claim.
lmao don't tell me you actually believe this
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.