[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Secret Of The Starters/Rockruff And What It Will Be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (146KB, 1866x826px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 1866x826px
A lot of it points to it being "Variant Evolutions" not Split evolutions, Z-Moves, Megas, or evolutions based on the starters (Rockruff evolves differently depending on the starter you pick). "Variant Evolutions" as in something like Alolan Raichu. It's a normal Pikachu but when evolving it in Alola it is different but still the same Pokemon. Below I'll list a bunch of reasons as to why it will be "Variant Evolutions" and not the others

- If it where Mega Evolutions, they wouldn't be Hyping up their "Secret" in CoroCoro
- If it where special Z-Moves then that trailer with Raichu and Snorlax using these special Z-Moves shouldn't have been released
- If it where Synchro then Greninja shouldn't have it too
- If Rockruff evolved based on the starters then it would be just Rockruffs secret, not the Starters and Rockruff like it said

- Leaks say Rockruff will become a Werewolf and have more than one evolution
- If it where just a single evolution then why dedicate a whole poster to Rockruff next CoroCoro? Yes they did say "Secret Evolution" not "Secret Evolutions" but that doesn't mean anything because Pikachu still evolved into 1 Pokemon, Raichu. Yet it looks different and has a different type when evolved in Alola
- The riddler leaks posted pics of the starters for no apparent reason and counted it like this, Rowlet2, Litten2, Popplio2, Rowlet3, Litten3, and Popplio3. The thing is that the pic they posted of Pikipeks line was normal. The numbering though make it seem as if there are 3 final evolutions (Day,Night,Mid?) if you look at each starter on their own. The riddler only posts things that are relevant so their is a reason they posted the starters
- There is still the mysterious Ground and Fighting type icons that where connected to the starters but then removed on the official site

Pic related but not real
>>
Rockruff is very much alike Zoroark and Lucario it seems, so if they are going to introduce something unique and new, having it alongside the starters would be trademark for Gamefreak.

Also, the games are Sun and Moon. Having evolutions based on version or time of day in the games to influence the form your starter or Rockruff takes would be interesting.

We also know alternate forms and variations is a big gimmick this generation. Would make the most sense to include the starters and the obligatory Lucario/Zoroark-equivalent canine as well.
>>
>>28218403
Exactly. And since riddler leak suggests 3, maybe Rockruffs Morning will be quadruped, Night will be a bipedal werewolf and midday will be a bit of both
>>
If the Archer-Wrestler-Siren trio turn out to be true, but there are no variant evolutions (nor forms nor whatever the heck), it'd be kinda awkward for the type icons to just lose relevancy all of a sudden and not meaning anything at all, considering so many people were talking about it and how it supposedly could have been a hint towards the final evos' final typing.

Because if I recall correctly, that was in the jap. site, before the whole thing was re-designed. And at that point, I don't think there were any other pokemon other than the starter trio and the legendaries (correct me if I'm wrong). And only much later did they really add pokemon that could have been associated with those type icons, but I think that was already after the redesign.

If those were merely forgotten there, wouldn't there be more type icons then?
>>
>>28218543
Or maybe they started to add the type icons, then got lazy after adding the ground and fighting icons and stopped with it until they need to add every icon.

It's Gamefreak. They're lazy, and the leaked concept art shows that they're unprofessional and sloppy, so it wouldn't be a surprise at all.
>>
>>28218543
True.. I still find it very weird that someone found the ground logo with all the starter types. Heck, I didn't even know someone found a Fighting logo
>>
Species unique Z moves. Multiple forms or whatever is a pipe dream not mentioned by any credible leak.
>>
>>28218820
They had something to hide. Not only did they remove the type icons, they completely revamped the side so there where no type icons and instead it was text based
>>
It's going to be unique Z-Moves. Don't set yourselves up for disappointment.
>>
It's going to be related to whatever the fuck Ash Greninja is. September is along the same timeline megas were revealed for XY (2 months before release) and CoroCoro said it's going to be featured on a poster similar to when megas were announced in CoroCoro (which were also on a poster)

It's a new z ring synchro mechanic that greninja, rockruff's evolution, and the starters will be able to use.
>>
>>28218820

As a web developer...Your contractor MAY be lazy, but you're not allowed to such mistakes. There is no reason to add anything more unless you need it. And if you leak something before time you'll have 200 tickets on your queue and 100 people shouting at you until it's fixed.
>>
>>28219029
>>28219087
Nope. The secret is exclusive to the starters and Rockruff. Also Megas where announced in Either July or August not September. That is when the starters where revealed
>>
File: 1472292099680.png (779KB, 694x900px) Image search: [Google]
1472292099680.png
779KB, 694x900px
>>28218148
Nice try balliofag
>>
>>28218148
Rockruff has a secret t its evolution, and it shares a secret with the Starters
So the Starters' secret isn't evolution based
>>
>>28219169
I said 2 months before release. XY came out in October. SM comes out in November. You have to add a month for the timeline to match up. Also CoroCoro didn't say the secret is exclusive
>>
>>28219471
?
>>28219639
OrAs "Mega Special" was the exact same month and OrAs came out in November
>>
>>28219169
That single line in corocoro does not say or imply that the secret is unique to those four lines.
>>
>>28222308
Marketing-wise, however it shouldn't be related to anything revealed so far.

Otherwise it would fail to build up hype, which would be the point.
>>
>>28222422
OR they were just teasing an unrevealed feature (Z moves/unique Z moves) that wasn't unique to just those 4 that people blew way out of proportion for no reason.
>>
>>28218148
Has anybody even suggested they just have different final evolutions based on the game you have?
>>
File: 1472827103672.jpg (115KB, 1857x535px) Image search: [Google]
1472827103672.jpg
115KB, 1857x535px
>>28218148
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.