[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people will defend this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (92KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
92KB, 400x384px
>people will defend this
>>
>>28215688
It was a good idea for Gold/Silver remakes
>>
>>28215692
How? The radio was pointless, map has been a key item before & after. The phone aspect was annoying and only useful for items.
>>
>>28215741
The map being 2 clicks away is good because HG/SS has 3 roamers. (Entei, Raikou, and Lati@s)

The Radio was fun and comfy, and actually caused Gen 3/4 Pokémon to spawn if you left it on a certain Channel. You also used it for the Goldenrod Lottery. Plus creepy shit like the Rocket hijacking, and the Ruins of Alph music.

The phone gets you free items throughout the game, and can be used to rematch all 16 Gym Leaders in the post game, on top of dozens of the other NPC's. Plus you can basically disable that and tell everyone to fuck off if you don't want the interruptions.

So, what's the problem here? PokéGear / Pokétch are great uses of the DS screen. Obviously not as useful as the PSS in Gen 6, but still very useful.

C-Gear, and all the visual junk in OR/AS, remain the worst.
>>
>>28215688
Worst rematch system in the whole series.
>>
HEY ANON DID I TELL YOU ABOUT MY RATTATA YET? IT'S IN THE TOP FUCKING PERCENTAGE OF RATTATAS FUCK YEAH DUDE
OH BY THE WAY MY RATTATA
>>
>>28215815
>and actually caused Gen 3/4 Pokémon to spawn if you left it on a certain Channel.
Thing is you have to keep on setting it over and over.

The rematch system was.extremely flawed as well which is why they fixed it in RS.

In all honesty the pokegear is junk along with the poketch while things like the pokenav/+ and cgear are the best for their sheer usefulness and the needed additions they brought like connectivity anywhere with the latter and a updating stream of player information including but not limited to secret base locations and where players caught a pokemon on the buzznav.

I'll give you this though, it was a fun timewaster for a while but the gimmick quickly faded.
>>
>>28215994
>>28215688
It was very good at immersion
>>
File: 133px-ORAS_Camper.png (22KB, 133x164px) Image search: [Google]
133px-ORAS_Camper.png
22KB, 133x164px
>>28215950
*RIIIING* *RIING*

ANON HOWDY! IT'S ME, TODD! ISN'T IT NICE OUT?!?!?!?!? MY PSYDUCK'S LOOKING AWESOME, DUDE. I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU!

HEY, LISTEN (Navi intesifies)! I ALMOST CAUGHT AN ABRA THE OTHER DAY. OH, IT WAS SOOOOOOO CLOSE TOO!!!

SEE YOU LATER. ^o~

Click!

Tuut tuut tutt...
>>
>>28216522
>*RIIIING* *RIING*
>ANON HOWDY! IT'S ME, TODD! ISN'T IT NICE OUT?!?!?!?!? MY PSYDUCK'S LOOKING AWESOME, DUDE. I WISH I COULD SHOW YOU!
>HEY, LISTEN (Navi intesifies)! I ALMOST CAUGHT AN ABRA THE OTHER DAY. OH, IT WAS SOOOOOOO CLOSE TOO!!!
>SEE YOU LATER. ^o~
>Click!
>Tuut tuut tutt...
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>28216534
seriously answering: he just wanted to share his excitement about pokemons with me. duh.
>>
>>28216547
Thanks senpai
>>
>>28216484
I'd find it odd for a kid to take the number of most trainers he battled.
>>
>>28215688
>people with nothing better to do will create bait threads like this
>>
>>28216798
>it's bait because I'm nostalgic for it!
Cry me a river faggot.
>>
>>28216759
How is that odd? I figured you'd wanna keep in touch with people and ring them up for battles or companionship. Also liked how each trainer had thier own quirks and interests. Like the guy who always tells you to call your mom too.
>>
>>28217833
A child phoning up questionable people they know nothing about isn't odd to you?
What world are you living in?
>>
>>28215688
It was much better than the C-Gear.
Now that was some shit.
>>
>>28217915
Far less odd than children challenging complete strangers to battles in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>28217915
I guess sending out your child to capture and enslave creatures to particpate in glorified cockfights isn't odd?
>>
>>28217833
>Also liked how each trainer had thier own quirks and interests
The best part is that wasn't even the case in Gold and Silver.
>>
>>28218058
Not as long as they have some form of protection. Which is why they are all but banned from going into the grass without pokemon.
>>
>>28218129
>challenging a stranger to a battle isn't odd as long as you have pokémon with you
>trying to befriend him afterwards somehow is
>>
>>28218176
Yes it is.
Seriously how do you think giving out personal information to a random person is okay?
>>
>>28218129
Not him but you don't befriend someone by giving them your number first.
>>
>>28218002
>I don't know what the C Gear does!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.