[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Converted due to only appearing during the Night >Completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 12

File: file.png (304KB, 618x369px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
304KB, 618x369px
>Converted due to only appearing during the Night
>Completely immune to Lunaala's STAB moves
>Actually Dark-type

Is this the true Pokemon Moon Mascot?
>>
>>28199138
>not knowing dark type is evil type in japan
>>
>>28199138
So since Rattate became Dark just because it became noctural, does this mean Dark = literal darkness?
>>
>>28199198
Evildoers go around at night.
>>
>>28199138
>Lunala used Moonblast!
nah
>>
>dat mustache
Don't you get it? it's a fucking mexican rattata. It's hair even turned black.
>>
>>28199198
>>28199946

In Gen 2 Dark types were part of the day/night cycle gimmick.
>>
>>28199161
No it isn't, it's just mischievous.
>>
>>28200077
>hair
It's called fur you fucking retard
>>
>>28200118
>Literally called Evil Type
>Dark types are filled with thugs, mobsters, criminals, and pokemon that enjoy bullying or attacking the weak
>Includes moves such as:
>Beat Up
>Feint Attack
>Foul Play
>Nasty Plot
>Knock Off
>Pursuit
>Thief
>Torment
>The Justified ability is literally about someone with a heart of justice being attacked by evil-doers and getting stronger because of it.
>>
isn't this design kind of racist?
>>
>>28200379
It's ratist
>>
>>28200092
You know, ive nebver actually noticed that before, but yeah you're right
>>
File: 1472751815622.png (1019KB, 1783x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1472751815622.png
1019KB, 1783x1289px
>>28199138
MOUSEtache, you mean?
>>
>>28200320
>Including English-translated names in your argument
>>
I really like it. I'm just kinda sad it lost Guts.
>>
>>28200092
>Hoothoot wasn't dark or psychic
>>
>>28200320
Dark Type is literally everything but the kitchen sink when it comes to pokémon; you have your mobsters and tricksters like the Murkrow and Cacnea line.
But then you've got odd cases like Absol who can predict disasters and shows up.
>>
>>28200508
Okay, I'll play that game then
>Gang Up
>Sneak Attack
>Trickery
>Sinister Plot
>Knock Off
>Pursuing Attack
>Thief
>Falsely Accused
And Justified literally is "Heart of Justice"

>>28200553
You also remember that the people of the Pokemon world believe Absol is a bringer of disaster, thus "Evil" or "a Dark omen"
>>
>>28200553
>you have your mobsters and tricksters
Those sound like evil guys to me.
>>
>>28200320

One might say that Japs interpret "Ebiru" as meaning something less than what we call call "evil" in the West. I think they see it more like "bad" than "satanic".
>>
>>28199138
>mach punch
>>
>>28200759
That's exactly what anon is saying Dark is. The only mons I can think relate to """"satanic"""" are Houndoom and Absol (sorta).
>>
>>28199138
>Converted due to only appearing during the Night

And the mustache appeared because?
>>
>>28200795
I keep seeing this argument, but why would you stay in on a Fighting type in the first place?
>>
>>28200814
Whiskers. Helps him find his way in the darkness.
>>
>>28200796
Even then, Satanic is usually seen as "Evil" so it still fits.
>>
>>28200814
Perhaps the thicker whiskers allow it to navigate through houses and city-scapes faster and easier, since it would most likely be chased by Yungooses even in the city.

Or it could just be, because. Evolution doesn't always have a purpose.
>>
>>28200930
>Evolution doesn't always have a purpose.
IRL it does. In Pokémon it doesn't.
>>
>>28200890
Which makes sense, but regular Ratatta already has massive whiskers. Why would they be shorter?
>>
>>28200546

Yeah. And it came out at night because it's a goddamn owl. Owls don't generally do the whole daytime thing.
>>
>>28200814
>And the mustache appeared because?

So that Yungoos wouldn't recognise it.
>>
File: BatmanSmiles.png (107KB, 286x306px) Image search: [Google]
BatmanSmiles.png
107KB, 286x306px
If a Pokemon can become Dark because it lives at night, I wish Marowak became Dark instead of Ghost
>Dead mom
>Throw away a boomerang weapon
>You never see it's face
>>
>>28200814
I'm not even going to lie, I think they gave him the mustache because it makes him look like a stereotypical south american trafficker, versus gumshoos who is obviously intended to be a detective
>>
>>28200987
They're thicker, actually.
>>
>>28200950
>IRL it does
No it doesn't Mutations are random. Some will be beneficial and help the species better in it's environment, but theres just as much of a chance that it won't have a beneficial trait, like fur changing color, or tails changing length, or whatever. Evolution isn't a conscious decision, it is random chance.
>>
>>28201048
>Some will be beneficial and help the species better in it's environment, but theres just as much of a chance that it won't have a beneficial trait, like fur changing color, or tails changing length, or whatever.
That's not evolution as whole for the species. That's just a mutation in one individual. If it doesn't help, it won't be passed down to its kin.
Evolution means it absolutely needs to make sense.
>>
File: uso-3-300x300.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
uso-3-300x300.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>28201033
It's supposed to be the ties of a stereotypical Japanese burglar's mask.
>>
File: KSS_TAC.png (111KB, 298x278px) Image search: [Google]
KSS_TAC.png
111KB, 298x278px
>>28201087
Rattata < Rattatac
>>
File: 1472704482953.gif (128KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1472704482953.gif
128KB, 640x480px
>>28200030
>Raticate used sucker punch!
>>
>>28199161
umbreon should make it obvious to anyone that the night and darkness in general plays a key role in the type
>>
>>28201073
But thats wrong. Nature does not follow human logic, it doesn't give a shit. If an animal has a beneficial mutation that it passes down, it will also pass down the non-beneficial ones, biology doesn't pick and choose which works and which doesn't. If a species can pass it's genes down, even with a non-beneficial mutation in it's DNA, that mutation will pass down to, regardless of helpfulness.
>>
Why does Ratatta have the shape for marijuana on his belly?
>>
>>28201048
Not that guy, but if the mutation doesn't give it an advantage over others in it's species it probably won't last many generations.
>>
>>28201143
>biology doesn't pick and choose which works and which doesn't
What is natural selection
>>
>>28201087
aw
that's probably right and also much less entertaining.
>>
>>28200990
I think he was just pointing out that Hoothoot's typing is disappointing.
>>
>>28199138
i hope we get a fucking alolan raticate, this is the dumbest shit ever otherwise
>>
>>28201157
a random factor on what is and isnt beneficial at the given time with whatever baggage following that genetic shift
>>
>>28201141
The night and darkness does play into it, since Dark types can use darkness and ill will in attacks, such as Dark Pulse and Dark Void, and night is usually when criminals, thugs and villains move about, but theres not really a "nighttime, daytime" contrast, otherwise there would be a night time move to contrast Sunny Day
>>
>>28201197
>'biology doesn't pick anything'
>natural selection tho
>'it's random!!'
lol why am i replying to you you probably haven't even finished 12th grade
>>
>>28201151
Just because a mutation doesn't give it an advantage doesn't mean the species is null and void in terms of survivability. You have two cat species, and one mutates a shorter tail for no perceivable reason doesn't mean the short tail varieties aren't still going to spread.
>>
>>28201130
>alola rattata evolves into regular raticate
>>
>>28201206
Sunny Day is just called "Clear Skies" in japanese. The translator's fucked it up, it's supposed to be the opposite of rain, not night. Which is why Moonlight gets double recovery during "Clear Skies".
>>
>>28201226
wasnt even that other anon you absolute dip, just tried explaining simple concepts you didnt get the first time around. if you think natural selection is voluntary thats great, but dont try padding up ignorance with vitriol
>>
>>28201143
That's not how it works. You're assuming that everyone with the beneficial mutation would also have the non-beneficial mutation, which is quite ridiculous.
>>
>>28201247
If that shorter tail means it's gonna have more trouble balancing itself in mid-jump or whatever, you can bet your ass it's not going to spread as much.
>>
>>28201206
>really a "nighttime, daytime" contrast
gamefreak includes Morning, making a trio of times not a binary
>>
>>28201268
biology isn't a person if that's what you think anyone else thinks here you mouthbreather. the changes are random but they are selected, literally called natural selection, literally a thing, stop trying to force your shitty meme of "it's all random"
>>
>>28201251
>The Dark/Normal-type Rattata has a new appearance and changed after Yungoos was introduced to control the Rattata popuation. Alolan Raticate are said to lead groups of Rattata. Alolan Rattata has the Ability Gluttony/Hustle.

Sure
>>
>>28201268
You need to stop posting if you can't read properly.
>>
>>28201226
Wasn't me who said that, but I will side with him. Natural selection is a concept, biology is a science. Using natural selection as a "counter point" to my claim that biology doesn't pick and choose doesn't work. Natural selection is not dependent on beneficial mutations, species that don't develop or evolve can still, and have, survived natural selection for eons simply because they had everything they needed to survive from the start, and any changes are superficial at most.
>>
>>28201270
I didn't deny that. I understand there are mutations that will fuck up individual animals and make it hard, if not impossible to survive. But there are mutations that mean jack shit to survivability and just get carried along. Thats my point.
>>
>>28201143
Look up genetic drift and it will explain why a non-beneficial mutation will disappear in the early phases when only a few individuals have it.
>>
>>28201130
>Multiscale bullshit Lunala.
>>
>>28201303
i'll take it slowly for you.
>That's not evolution as whole for the species. That's just a mutation in one individual. If it doesn't help, it won't be passed down to its kin.
Evolution means it absolutely needs to make sense.
your initial remark is incorrect. evolution is a change that occurs in a species(typically approaching a higher level of complexity). another anon corrected you:
>If an animal has a beneficial mutation that it passes down, it will also pass down the non-beneficial ones, biology doesn't pick and choose which works and which doesn't.
you bring up natural selection:
>What is natural selection
i answered:
>a random factor on what is and isnt beneficial at the given time with whatever baggage following that genetic shift
you didn't seem to understand and went into whether biology "picks" things and somehow tried relating that to the definition of evolution. specifically, your remark that evolution always has a purpose is completely wrong. evolution is, as i said before, the general shift. obviously natural selection plays a massive role in evolution, but evolution itself depends on traits being passed on. in areas of low competition, for instance, youll find frequent examples of non-beneficial genetic shifts.

im not sure if youre the one who said that non-beneficial changes dont accompany beneficial ones and i can forgive most anons here for not knowing this, but beneficial evolution usually DOES come with seemingly unrelated aesthetic changes, specifically relating to temperament.

>biology isn't a person if that's what you think anyone else thinks here you mouthbreather.
not sure what this was about. maybe this is just a troll. if so w/e.
>>
>>28201330
>Ability Gluttony/Hustle.
GARBAGE
>>
>>28201595
We don't know the ha though
>>
>>28201595
Hustle is decent. The only problem is that it doesn't learn Hone Claws. Maybe Alolan Raticate will.
>>
>>28201621
>implying it won't be Pickpocket
>>
>>28199138
>giving a shitmon an uncreative new form

rodents and birds have to the be one thing GenWunners playing GO hate again
>>
>>28201545
>If an animal has a beneficial mutation that it passes down, it will also pass down the non-beneficial ones, biology doesn't pick and choose which works and which doesn't.
Literally incorrect, it can easily just pass on the beneficial trait and not the non-beneficial one. That's like evolution 101.
Say if it had two children, one inherited both the beneficial and the non-beneficial trait, and the other inherited only the beneficial one. Both have an equally big chance of surviving and there isn't anything indicating that the non-beneficial trait will carry on in the long run.
>>
>>28201545
In what fucking world is coloration changes non-beneficial?
Most animals clearly have coloration that makes them more likely to survive, be it for camouflage, sexual attraction, or warning about poison.
>>
>>28201698
It's a fair point that the genetic split doesn't guarantee the non-beneficial trait will pass down, but I(and I'd assume the original anon) know that. Like I brought up earlier, selected changes can result in other changes of seemingly no value that occur with the genetic change. The domestication of dogs and especially the domestication of arctic foxes is a good example of how specifically selecting for one trait can result in completely different changes to follow suit.
>>
>>28201757
>In what fucking world is coloration changes non-beneficial?
Not sure what part this is addressing. A coat change could certainly be non-beneficial if its a detriment.
>>
>>28199138
>mach punch
>>
>>28201874
If the coat change is a detriment then it won't be passed down to the whole species.
>>
>>28201830
Using selective breeding as an example is awful when talking about natural selection, and you should know that.
>>
>>28202032
So this is in reference to my low competition remark, yeah? Once issues like avoiding predators becomes a minimal concern genetic drift is more at play for the coats than any sort of natural selection.

>>28202032
The best argument for the evolution of dogs involves no real human involvement until the very end, but my point still holds true for the foxes. When they were bred to be docile other traits changed concurrently which WEREN'T being bred for. There's no reason for this principle not to hold up in nature itself, with genetic links accompanying the beneficial changes.
>>
>>28201947
>switching a 4x weak pokemon in on the type it's weak against

you guys have no idea how basic strategy works in these games do you
>>
>>28202122
>Once issues like avoiding predators becomes a minimal concern genetic drift is more at play for the coats than any sort of natural selection.
See here:
>genetic drift favors the larger population, that would be the one that hasn't had a harmful coat change
>natural selection obviously prefer the old beneficial coat
Nothing favor or is even neutral to a harmful fur change arrising, in fact everything opposes it.
>>
>>28202166
At this point I think it's just a maymay.
>>
>>28200796
Cherubi and Cherrim
>>
>>28202259
I don't disagree with you there at all.
>>
File: Rattata mobster.jpg (451KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Rattata mobster.jpg
451KB, 1280x1920px
>Alola's cities are plagued by gang wars between the Honchkrow Mafia, Raticate Cartel, and Scrafty Gangs.
>>
>>28200553
bad luck is evil
>>
>>28200119
Fur and hair are one in the same Gardefag
>>
>>28200379
ludicolo and speedy gonzalez are also mexican stereotypes
no ones cares unless its black
>>
>>28202032
Alolan rattata is not the result of natural selection, humans introduced yungoose with the intent of killing them all. The only reason rattata became part dark type is because of human intervention. So that means only the few rattata that mutated a dark typing were left to reproduce, and because rats reproduce quickly the typing exploded across Alola and with it everything those rattata had as well, including any non-benefitial traits as long as those traits were not detrimental, like the mustache. This could be as few as two rattata since inbreeding isn't a concern in pokemon.

Also, pokemon evolve not just biologically, but also thematically. By picking up a dark typing, all rattata get the burglar 'stache because the stache is symbolic of its dark typing.
>>
>>28204259
I meant to add, the dark typing is the result of unintended selective breeding.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 639x932px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 639x932px
>>28204259
It's because no man's a man without a mustache.
>>
Unova by Day, Alola by Night, Rattata saves the day by fighting crime.
>>
>>28200712
and night slash "Cross road killing"
This name references to when Ronin and other swordsman would kill merchants on the road jumping out of bushes and shit in the dark
>>
It's dark type because rats are well known for completely fucking up island ecosystems.
>>
>>28204712
>Unova by Day, Alola by Night
Why does this sound lewd to me
>>
>>28205006
purple in the streets
black in the sheets
>>
File: Aku.jpg (216KB, 900x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.jpg
216KB, 900x1165px
>>28200759
Except for how it's not "ebiru", it's "aku". あく.
>悪 あく (n) evil; wickedness; (P)
>>
>>28201073
Actually, as long as the mutation is in no way harmful to the organism's fitness, there will be no reason for the mutant trait to be selected against. Natural selection only culls traits that hinder an organism in some way.
>>
>>28204849
> shit in the dark
>>
>>28205352
Genetic drift would prevent a neutral trait from becoming too prominent unless it's directly connected to a gene that also causes a beneficial mutation.
>>
File: image.jpg (61KB, 250x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 250x364px
nezumi kozo
>>
>>28199138
>>28199138
>>Completely immune to Lunaala's STAB moves

Okay Shofu.
>>
>>28202307
wtf are you talking about
>>
File: 1113969980506.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1113969980506.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
>>28205804

He's supposed to be one of these guys.
>>
>>28200092
>>28200465
That's because criminals and other sneaky things come out at night you dumb fucks

"""dark""" is the kid-friendly translation of the evil type, which isn't necessarily evil so much that it uses underhanded fighting moves like biting
>>
File: Templeton_finds_a_donut.jpg (19KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Templeton_finds_a_donut.jpg
19KB, 400x300px
Looks like Templeton.

Seems like it's time for a shmorgesbourd.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.