[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All this genwun pandering is fucking disgusting, this is ten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 5

File: fuck.jpg (95KB, 564x696px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
95KB, 564x696px
All this genwun pandering is fucking disgusting, this is ten times worse than X/Y's bullshit. Every single Alolan form is some genwunner's favorite shitmon. Miss me with that anniversary bullshit; it should be a celebration of the entire series, not just the first, most shitty gen. It's like they struggle to make a single trailer without shoving some kantofaggotry in there somehow. This is killing my hype for the game.
>>
>>28199079
>Boooo hooooo hooooo
>>
>>28199079
>it should be a celebration of the entire series, not just the first, most shitty gen
you're literally retarded if you think gen 6 (which came out 2013) is also celebrating 20 years of existence
>>
>>28199079
If it makes you feel any better they'll probably move on to gen II mons next time, and do the same thing with Gen II virtual console. You'll get stuff like Brtibong Furret.
>>
>>28199079
> Waaaaah waaaaaaaaah snivel snivel sniffle
>>
Why don't you go fuck yourself? They're fixing up Pokémon that have been broken and unusable for 20 fucking years and all you can do is complain.
>>
Shut up, kiddo.
>>
>>28199079
>This is my blog
>Here are my feelings
>I am very triggered
>10/10 too triggered
>Please respect my ranting
>>
>>28199079
Gen 1 is love, gen 1 is life
>>
>>28199204
>x4 Fighting Weak Rattata
>x4 Steel Weak Ninetales
>x4 Fire/Fighting Weak Sandslash
>x4 Ice Weak Exeggutor
>Fixed
>>
>>28199079
>fixing powercreep is bad

Oh, okay.
>>
>>28199464
Except it doesn't fix powercreep. Most of the Alolan forms have strictly inferior typing and they'll probably still have shitmon stats.
>>
>>28199079
I don't completely hate it. It's an interesting new take on old favorites. I just wish they'd extend it to Gen 2 as well since it has a lot of shitmon as well.
>>
>>28199079
Agreed, at least XY softened gen one pandering by giving megas to other mons aswell

Sun and Moon is just gen 7 and gen 1 period. Evereything else is just there in the background
>>
>>28199431
The best part all of these sans Ninetales are slow as fuck, too.
>>
>>28199506
Every gen has more shitmon than not. There are a lot of pokemon that could benefit from this treatment.
>>
>>28199079
>Miss me with that anniversary bullshit; it should be a celebration of the entire series

Yeah, lets celebrate 20 years of Greninja
>>
>>28199431
>Smogonfags in charge of having fun
>>
>>28199568
Better than genwun shit at least
>>
>>28199079
Fuck off Sinnohfetus
>>
>10 times worse

No Mega's are worse

Alola forms are an alternate version rather than an upgrade
>>
Its just Gen mons that didn't get any cross gen evos or megas.

I thought this was common knowledge from the first batch.
>>
>>28199579
>it's good because they're fixing these shitmons!
>no, they're not.
>f-fuck off, smogonfag!!
>>
>>28199554
Eggy is bound to get dragon dance and raticate is like base 95. Kill yourself.
>>
>>28199694
Mother fucker the only thing they did is make them suck more vs one thing and introduce a whole bunch of resistances and STABs for others.
>>
>>28199734
>Mach Punch
>>
>>28199079
NIGGA shut up
>>
File: 1472133099422.jpg (96KB, 483x411px) Image search: [Google]
1472133099422.jpg
96KB, 483x411px
>>28199079
>>
Dude, just leave. What the hell is wrong with you? Reading posts like this is pathetic. Don't like the video game anymore? Literally nobody cares but you.
>>
>le 4 times weakness *move* maymay!
>>
>>28199079
loving them tears
>>
>>28199079
>Every single Alolan form is some genwunner's favorite shitmon.
well statistically, every single pokemon would have to be one person's favorite pokemon
>>
>>28199431
>it's a pokemon with 4x weaknesses are shit episode
>what is tyranitar
>what is weavile
>what is bisharp
Okay, Anon.
>>
>>28201412
The problem is that it's limited to genwunners.
>>
>>28201442
+ Garchomp, Diancie, Heatran, Landorus, Scizor, etc. Like 1/4th of ou Pokemon have a 4x weakness
>>
>>28201538
>problem

fucking kek
>>
>>28199079
That's calling testing the waters. If the Alola forms are well received by fans you can bet in either two years, when Gen II makes it's 20th anniversary, or when the franchise makes to the 25th, you will see something similar done to gen II (and in the latter case, probably III as well) pokémon.
>>
>>28199079

you see this, everyone?

when people think of pokemon players, this is the kind of person they think of. this is who represents you.

thank him
>>
>>28199079
Anti-Genwunners are even more butthurt and cancerous than the actual genwunners. Hypocritical if you ask me.
>>
>>28199079
>>>28199079
>you're literally retarded if you think gen 6 (which came out 2013) is also celebrating 20 years of existence

Are you implying Pokémon's 20 year anniversary should be celebrated individually for every generation?
>>
>>28199201
>>28199160
>samefagging this hard
>>
>>28201878
tfw quoting the wrong post
>>
>>28199079
I'm still mad about Alola Forms being wasted on the sacks of shit known as genwunners too but XY was still worse about this.
>>
>>28202353
>but XY was still worse about this

How? It had RBY references sprinkled here and there, but S/M are almost centered around those games at this point.
>>
>>28202499
>some forms for gen 1 mons it
>completely centered around
Maybe I missed that trailer where Guzma's goal was hunting down Mewtwonium Z.
>But they focus too much on Alola forms now
New Pokemon revealed since and including August 1st: 14
Alola forms revealed so far: 9
>>
>>28202353
Yeah I think it's time for you to quit Pokemon since it was never about you
>>
>>28202691
Shouldn't the same apply to genwunners? Why should it be about them? Because they whine on facebook when at best they've played a barebones buggy F2P game related to the series?
>>
>>28202499

There's like three maybe four real sources of geewunn pandering in the entire game. And you are given a gen 4 and 3 mega for free too.

And sleeping Snorlax was in gen 2 as well.
>>
>>28199079
lmao angry autist incapable of doing anything like a normal human being
>>
>>28202772

Because their Pokemon make the brand more fucking money than later gens. Even now.
>>
>>28202826
>It makes more money so it's okay!
>implying it'll even make much money unless they retcon every other Pokemon and change the main platform to mobile
I'd even be fine if it were mostly Gen 1. They make loads of money anyway just by saying it's fucking mainline Pokemon.

"B-but it sells" is a terrible defense. I really despise this buzzword but you do sound like a gamefreak cocksucker.
>>
>>28202635
>Nearly half of the """new""" pokemon showcased so far are just genwun redesigns
>>
>>28202936

It sells is the entire reason this brand exists. To sell toys and games to 6 year olds so are we going to go for big consistant money maker Snorlax or forgettable Sudowoodo when picking Pokemon to market?

Even unpopular gen 1 Pokemon are more marketable than later shitmons. Ratatta will always outperform Patrat or Zigzagoon.

You faggots need to accept it.
>>
>>28203042
You also need to remember that when revealing the concept of Alola forms, they had to have quite a bit at the ready.

Over half of the Alola forms we've seen are just the official reveal.

Also you're kind of glossing over the couple dozen+ of new mons before then.

>>28203045
You don't need to focus whole concepts on strictly only Gen 1 to do that. It'll sell to 6 year olds anyway. There were people swarming to preorder these games when we knew nothing but the god damn names of these games, and you're telling me they need to strictly cater to nostalgiafags to sell? The games will sell damn fine no matter what, nostalgia pandering or not. The nostalgia pandering doesn't even do much when you have post-Gen 1 Pokemon still existing and the purchase barrier of buying a 3DS.

There's nothing wrong with using old moneymakers, it only becomes a problem when using strictly only the same old shit to get an audience that has moved on from these games aside from a shitty phone game.

>Even unpopular gen 1 Pokemon are more marketable than later shitmons. Ratatta will always outperform Patrat or Zigzagoon.

While you're right in plenty of cases there are examples where there actually are forgettable gen 1 mons. If you ask me shit like Azumarill, Flygon or Milotic was more memorable than Exeggutor to the fanbase at large. Genwunners only remember a small fraction of old Pokemon. Most of the Alola forms are shit they wouldn't even remember if it didn't "ruin their childhood"
>>
>>28203045
>>28203328
cont.

On that note if it "ruins their childhood" to see new forms that'll just make them hate it more. It's idiotic and counterproductive to go for genwunners like that. Something like the Munchlax distrobution isn't counterproductive, but spraypainting Meowth and calling it a day kind of is.

It also gets to the point when they start to kind of alienate the people who actually buy their products for a small fraction of a group of people who only gave Niantic money for their genwun only smartphone paradise at best.

This franchise exists to make money, yes, but it makes a damn good amount of money with or without forced nostalgia pandering. Even during Gen 5, which went to the other extreme they made loads of money from millions of sales regardless. If you think shit like this is okay simply because then Masuda can count more yen in his spare time then you really need to develop some fucking standards
>>
>>28203328
>official reveal
*initial reveal
>>
>>28203328

That's your personal opinion, and I like Flygon a lot more myself, but even as a more unpopular gen1 mon And Exegguttor saw heavy usage and was well remembered enough.

And it's not just with then that these Pokemon make money either. Snorlax is consistently popular across all gens as are Mew and Mewtwo. Mewtwo is far more remembered by the entire public than Dialga or even Kyogre.

Gen 5s new Pokemon underperformed merchandise-wise and Megas existed to remarked old Pokemon and it was a huge success.

I do think we will see Alola formes for other gens but honestly this brand is losing to Yokai Watch right now and pushing the gen whose mons make the most money for them is necessary.
>>
>>28199079
>how dare GF celebrate and pay homage to the gen that started it all REEEEEEEEEEEE

Watch them do Johto and Hoenn in the next few games and remakes.
>>
File: 1472159119840.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1472159119840.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
>>28199079
Cry about it more fag. No one gives a shit about your opinion.
>>
>>28203621
>That's your personal opinion, and I like Flygon a lot more myself, but even as a more unpopular gen1 mon And Exegguttor saw heavy usage and was well remembered enough.

You ever tried to ask a genwunner to name how many Pokemon he remembers? I even remember a time where an anon posted that he showed a genwunner Exeggcute and he thought it was a newer gen mon.

Exeggutor was used a lot by competitive players aka. the core audience. A nostalgiafag's idea of competitive is more about allowing 6 Mewtwo or using a Charizard with four fire moves.

>And it's not just with then that these Pokemon make money either. Snorlax is consistently popular across all gens as are Mew and Mewtwo. Mewtwo is far more remembered by the entire public than Dialga or even Kyogre.
Like I said, Snorlax is a great choice to base a distrobution around. Nostalgiafags and core fans alike remember and adore Snorlax.

>Gen 5s new Pokemon underperformed merchandise-wise and Megas existed to remarked old Pokemon and it was a huge success.
Like I said, Gen 5 was the other extreme and I won't deny the damage to the marketing. Megas were a massive hype generator from the people who actually did play the games, or lapsed fans who fell out around Gen 4 or so, but genwunners hated them from what I know. Multigenerational focus but with the spotlight on popular gens is what made Megas click with most people.
>>
>>28203623
>Watch them do Johto and Hoenn in the next few games and remakes.

Yeah, don't hold your breath.
>>
>>28203621
>>28203753
cont.

>I do think we will see Alola formes for other gens but honestly this brand is losing to Yokai Watch right now and pushing the gen whose mons make the most money for them is necessary.
>he fell for the Yokai Watch is the Pokemon killer meme
YW3 did crap in sales compared to YW2, and while GO probably will help SM's japanese sales, that's less because of nostalgia and more because Japan is really big on mobile gaming. Doesn't help that while Yokai Watch is a steaming fucking dud worldwide, Pokemon is a juggernaut wherever you go.

Also it's been a month since their reveal and we've only seen 9 Gen 1 forms. We're not getting any non-Gen 1 forms.

Again, I'd be fine if it were just mostly Gen 1, as that's how Megas got their large appeal, but making it only Gen 1 dooms what is such a brilliant concept to not perform as well as Megas did since it only serves to annoy people who care about anything past Gen 1.
>>
>>28203841
>but making it only Gen 1 dooms what is such a brilliant concept to not perform as well as Megas did since it only serves to annoy people who care about anything past Gen 1.

AKA everybody actually still playing the pokemon games.
>>
>G-GEN WUUUUUUUUUUUN
>>
>>28201442
>Some Pokémon with 4x weaknesses are good so all Pokémon with 4x weaknesses are good
>>
>>28205630
>Some Pokémon with 4x weaknesses are bad so all Pokémon with 4x weaknesses are bad
>>
Did they make farfetchd viable?
>>
File: 1472152229840.png (133KB, 873x623px) Image search: [Google]
1472152229840.png
133KB, 873x623px
If you actually are letting Alola Forms ruin your perception of a game that looks to be straying about as far from the original First Generation formula in terms of tone, setting, and mechanics as possible, then I just have this to say.

You are absolutely fucking pathetic and can't see the forest for the trees.
>>
>STOP DISMISSING MY NOSTALGIA FOR YOUR NOSTALGIA
>>
>>28205630
Mate, more than half of the pokemon in OU have a x4 weakness.
>>
>>28207501
I don't even want nostalgia, I want progress. New pokemon species.
>>
>>28199079
genwunners are fucking KING in Gamefreaks eyes. WE make them their fucking money. Its the reason they're swimming in fucking dough from pokemon go. Suck a COCK ya fucking queer.
>>
Such lame bait. step ur shit up senpai.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.